move project server databases to new instance

are the step by step instructions on moving project server databases to a new
instance?

Tried the link before but I could not bring up the configuration wizard to
remove the server farm.

http://lkar.blogspot.com/2008/05/moving-moss-project-server-2007.html

Hi will,
Maybe this will assist:
http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2008/09/20/project-server-2007-moving-a-copy-of-production-to-test-part-1.aspx

"will" wrote:

> are the step by step instructions on moving project server databases to a new
> instance?
>
> Tried the link before but I could not bring up the configuration wizard to
> remove the server farm.
>
> http://lkar.blogspot.com/2008/05/moving-moss-project-server-2007.html

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

HELP! Service pack install to 2nd instance updated 1st instance!
I was attempting to install a second instance of GP on my workstation to run against our test server, which is at 9.0 SP4 (our production system is 9.0 SP2). When I ran the SP4 upgrade, to my chagrin it didn't ask what instance I wanted to upgrade, and to my horror it upgraded my production (default) instance - GREAT! Two questions: 1. Is there any way to easily back out that upgrade from my production instance? Can I just run Add/Remove Programs and remove it? (I haven't logged on to GP yet since I ran the SP upgrade). I could delete the CNK files, but I noticed it did a bun...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

CRM installation on SBS2003 or W2K3 server?
Dear all We have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard along with a Windows Server 2003 Standard (setup as a terminal server). We would like to implement Microsoft's CRM. There are 10 users on our network. I am totally new to CRM, so sorry in advance if my questions sound a little naive. 1. Do we need to install SQL on either of the servers? If so, can we upgrade the current SBS2003 Standard to Enterprise or is it best to install SQL on the W2K3 WTS server? 2. What hardware recommendations are their for CRM? Our WTS is a much higher spec than the SBS & currently has o...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Outlook is not able to connect to my SMTP server
I use Outlook2003 for email. When I try to check my email from a POP3 server, port 110, outlook says server not found. But, the server responds to a ping. The same proble repeats with netscape mail. I am inside a LAN with a proxy, and an internal SMTP server. No other comp is facing this problem. Is this some sort of a virus attack? Please help. Some proxy software does intercept and handle POP3/SMTP calls. For example, Microsoft Proxy 2.0 installs a client on the clients machine and needs to be configured to allow POP3/SMTP calls. Could your proxy solution be interfering? "abk&qu...

Rule to notify me of new mail
Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send notification of new mail to a specified e-mail address, but importantly i cannot forward the original message - it's an office setup and we're not allowed to fwd 'confidential' messages over the web. Also i cannot install any 'tool' as i have seen on the web - are there any other options??? help please alastairharding@hotmail.com wrote in news:1105528667.656658.91690 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send > notification of ne...