Lookups and Local Cache

Experts,

I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project and
come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project Information.
The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is this
the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have to
tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure hope
not.

Hadi:

This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
hope so.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Experts,
>
> I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> and
> come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> Information.
> The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> this
> the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> hope
> not.

0
Gary
5/29/2010 4:25:58 PM
Gary, sounds like our IT folks didnt tell me the truth about updates and
patches because i asked them right before I posted the question here and they
assured me that everything is up to date. thanks for the tip and sorry to
post such a question without doing my homework first

Hadi

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Hadi:
>
> This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
> systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
> hope so.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Experts,
> >
> > I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> > looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> > and
> > come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> > Information.
> > The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> > this
> > the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> > tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> > hope
> > not.

Gary, I checked with our IT folks again and we have SP2 and Cumulative
Updates as of Dec 2009 for both client and server.

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Hadi:
>
> This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
> systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
> hope so.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Experts,
> >
> > I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> > looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> > and
> > come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> > Information.
> > The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> > this
> > the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> > tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> > hope
> > not.

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Problems using calendar scheduling with .com and .local accounts?
Hey Everyone, I hope someone out there might have an easy solution for an exchange challenge we are having. We have the exchange server setup but it is only being used for calendars and public folders. All of the email is being routed through an email and website hosting provider. Therefore, everyone's outlook is setup with their POP account (company.com) being the default and their Exchange Server account (company.local) as the other account. There are no problems connecting to the server but when we send out a group meeting request from the exchange calendar, it goes out via the ....

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Windows File Caching
I am writing some code to backup a database which the user could choose to save on a floppy disk. I would like to put in some code to verify that the saved file is able to be read from the diskette before I display a successful backup message. We have seen a number on instances where the floppy is bad and the user gets no indication from us (or Windows) until they attempt to read the file later. The problem is that if I copy the file and then immediately attempt to read it (copy it back) that Windows will only read from the cache and not the physical media itself. Is there some way to force t...

Outlook cache
When I close Outlook it seems to "forget" it's list of names to whom I have sent emails. I have the "Suggest Names While Completing..."option checked and after sending to a name, the next time I start typing the name is suggested. But after I close Outlook and reopen it the names are no longer suggested until after I send to them again. I have tried renaming the nk2 file but the problem persists. Any help greatly appreciated. Usually means a corrupt profile. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kevin McC" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

How to clear Outlook recipient cache?
When typing in the recipient address while composing a message, Outlook 2003 will auto-complete the address based on previous settings. My problem is that I sent an address to an incorrect account and every time I start typing the address it tries to autocomplete to that address. Is there a way to clear out this cached information? I don't want it remembering my garbage anyway. Thanks! Joe Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your...

Lookup #4
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA Is there anyway you can st...

Filter message by reverse domain lookup
Hello all, I am kinda new to Exchange and was wondering if there was a function built into Exchange 2000 that would "look" at the source domain of the email message and then perform a "reverse" DNS lookup to verify that the domain actually exists and if it doesn't then have Exchange discard the email without sending an NDR? Is this possible strait out of the box? It seems like I remember iMail gateway having this feature. I am trying to filter out some of the spam that fills up my users inboxes. Thanks in advance. Jeremy jsteger@bellsouth.net (Jeremy Steger) wrote...

Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?
Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on "contacts" rather then "accounts?" We do more business with contacts so it is a pain to have to change this all the time. there is no supported way to do this in the current release -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message news:ucdNM74uEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on > "contac...

lookup drop down
I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets. Materials are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or more drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked at vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what is the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs Thank Roy Hi Roy, I have a workbook example that pretty much does that. Would of course need to be adjusted to your data layout...

Formula to lookup named reference based on value
I cant' figure out what the exact words that I'm looking for and if I did I would most likely find the answer. I've got a spreadsheet that has a series of numbers in say column A and it has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Further on in the spreadsheet I have named values like CA.1, CA.2, CA. 3 What I want to do is in the formula go: =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*CA.2) (for the named range CA.2) Is it possible to have something that goes.... =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*"CA"&B4) where B4 = 2 Thus the outcome would be CA.2 ????? =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*INDIRECT("CA"&B4)) -- Kind...

Lookup
i am using excel 2 calculate the amount of bonus that an employee i entitled to. i do not know what function to use (i have been told 2 us v lookup but i do not know how 2 go about it). the exact problem is this: there is a basic wage and on top of that an employee gets paid a bonus this bonus is calculated by how many sales r made. the table of th bonuses r given (below): Commission on Qtrly Sales Sales per Qtr Percentage �200,000 and under 0.50 �300,000 and under 0.75 �400,000 and under ...

Lookup functions-V lookup
Hi, can some one help me with below: I have a huge data in excel work book 2003 approx 25000 rows, For example 1: ID CODE Balance Type Value Month Year 789126 AXY ACB $ 20 Jan 2009 789126 Tyx ACB $ 30 Jan 2009 789126 ANC ACB $ 30 Jan 2009 789127 AXY ACB $ 30 Jan 2...

Multiple Lookup values in a query
Hello, I am trying to build a query that will allow me to search by a record I select from a form using a combo box. I want to be able to make one selection from several different options and have it apply to that using only one query. Example: I will have a query about cars, where you can select by make or model or color. You only need to select by color, and the results will come up. Is there a way to do this with a single filter query, or do I have to build a seperate qury for each? In other words, can I put an if/then that will say if the combo box is nill, slect all records for tha...

Customer Address in Lookup Window
Please add the customer street address to the customer lookup window. This is more useful than the Company field for most retailers. Or make the grid configurable so the retailer can select the fields and field order. Default sorting options would be helpful also such as having the list sort default to last name and then first name. Depending on your business, Company might be more useful than Address. I would love to see a configurable Customer lookup screen, and the same for Items. I think basically the rule you are after is one whereby you get to chose the fields you need on the...

How do i use sumproduct if my lookup table is alpha or alpha num?
Can I use sumproduct formula if my table is as follows ? Yr End Rating Mid Yr Rating A B C D A same 1 down 2 down 3 down B 1 up same 1 down 2 down C 2 up 1 up same 1 down D 3 up 2up 1 up same No, but you can if the cells contain numbers like -2, 0, or +2, where the cell might use a custom format such as 0 "up";0 "down";"same" to show display values like you show in your example. -- David Biddulph "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B43C625F-8A54-41AE-B9E6-A6A1D72811B3@microsoft.com... >...

Delete contacts from cache...
Hi all, How do I clear the "history" of contacts I used ? Also , my picture viewer(Irfan viewer) shows lots of pictures I received in the FAR past while I open an image from Outlook (XP) and go forward/backward - How do I delete these as well ? TIA Guy See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Cloe" <shanipinsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:O%23i7n%23lPFHA....

Vendor ID lookup vs Vendor name lookup
To the GP community: Has anyone customized the Vendor Maintenance window to switch from the current Vendor id input to a Vendor name input? We want to convert Vendor ids to all numerics to get in step with our warehouse management system but my users now want to enter Vendors and lookup Vendors with a Vendor name and spyglass search on a Vendor name rather than Vendor ID. Thanks, GPAZ use Smartfill from Rockton Software. it is quite nice. Once you configure it correctly, you can start entering the vendor name and it will autofill it for you. More importantly, you can create custom l...