Increase Task Name Display Length in My Tasks

Hi!

I have a suggestion for you...

The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters.
That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change it.
 Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on the
task to see the full name is not user friendly.

This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to
mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly.

Thank you for your consideration!
Stacey Shearn

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6719368c-720c-418a-805e-824bcfa841e0&dg=microsoft.public.project.server

Stacey:

This is not limited to 50 char. See the reply to your previous post.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a suggestion for you...
>
> The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters.
> That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change
> it.
> Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on
> the
> task to see the full name is not user friendly.
>
> This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to
> mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly.
>
> Thank you for your consideration!
> Stacey Shearn
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6719368c-720c-418a-805e-824bcfa841e0&dg=microsoft.public.project.server

0
Gary
4/1/2010 3:18:42 PM
Hi Gary,

Increasing the number of pixels for display does not seem to increase the
number of characters that display.  Does it for you?

Thanks!
Stacey

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Stacey:
>
> This is not limited to 50 char. See the reply to your previous post.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a suggestion for you...
> >
> > The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters.
> > That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change
> > it.
> > Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on
> > the
> > task to see the full name is not user friendly.
> >
> > This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to
> > mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly.
> >
> > Thank you for your consideration!
> > Stacey Shearn
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6719368c-720c-418a-805e-824bcfa841e0&dg=microsoft.public.project.server

Cannot stop capitalization of Contact names
Hello! I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro SP2, connecting to Exchange 2003 SP2 (on SBS 2003). I am adding alias addresses for use with the ChooseFrom application (www.ivasoft.biz) so I can easily pick the From address out of my contacts. I have about 20 email aliases, so I created another contacts folder and named it Alias Email Addresses. The email name has to be entered with smtp: in front of it in order for ChooseFrom to work properly. Whenever I add a contact name, it automatically capitalizes it in this format Smtp:Email-Alias@Mydomain.net. I want the names to appear as smtp:email...

IE8 doesn not display pictures with some sites in https
Whenever I open an email in my Gmail account there are options to display pictures. but all a get is a small box in the upper left-hand corner with some some colors. I also had the same experience with a page in Sirius.com. When I signed into my account and then clicked the "listen on-line" tab the pictures were not displayed. Again, there are the small boxes with colors in the upper left-hand corner. I've had the same results on ALL computers I've tried this and received the same result. I have used compatibiltiy mode, and even reset IE8 back to defaults. Still...

Files Don't Burn To CD With Track Name
MP 11: when I burn my tracks to CD, the files are not saved by song name, but by a numeric file name format. For instance, track01.cda. Before my MP 11 upgrade, this didn't happen; the CDs would burn with the song names as the file name. I guess that your WMP is set to create audio CDs, while the previous version was set to create data CDs. To restore the old behaviour, click the little arrow right below the Burn button at the top, and select Data CD. Note that data CDs can't be played by most standalone CD players. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-product...

Index using a defined name array
I have defined 3 arrays using DefineNames: Boys_11_12 Boys_13_14 Boys_15_16 I then have defined a Combo dropdown with the following choices: Boys_11_12 Boys_13_14 Boys_15_16 When the user selects the Boys age group using the Combo dropdown, I then use the selection in an Index function: Index(Boys_(one of the three),...) I get an error when using the Combo dropdown, but it works fine when I type in the array name directly into the Index function. Its as if it knows the array when typed in, but not using the Combo dropdown. I created the Combo dropdown by typing in the arr...

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Including field names in RTF Report filename
How do I include field names in the filename of a report that gets output to an RTF file? Have a confirmation report that's sent as RTF via email attachment and want the individual's first/last name to automatically be included in the report's file name. Base report is named Confirmation Email, when I use a button/OnOpen event to do: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = Me![lastname] & "Confirmation Email" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[id]=" & [id] It gets the last name (i.e., Smith Confirmation Email) in the filename, but I get ...

Cannot display balances by period
We need a SmartList that will provide a display like Reports > Financial > Trial Balance > Summary. One that shows Beginning Balance, debits, credits, net change, and Ending Balance. The SmartList should have an ability to set the Search using Year and Period and provide the Account Balance for that period. Current abilities with SmartList only allow it to display the Net Change but not the Period Balance. You might need two SmartLists - One for Current and one for History like the Financial Reports that separate the two options. ---------------- This post is a suggestion f...

Problem with POP3 name...
I have one PC that every time that I restart it the POP3 names of all the accounts change to localhost. This machine was upgraded from office 97 and was the Microsoft Mail Server before. Since upgrading I have removed the Microsoft Mail account and I am only using 3 different POP3 mail accounts. But every time I restart the system the POP3 mail server name is replaced with localhost and then the user name for each account is call the user name / pop3.host.com (the actual address that should be in the POP3 field). I would appreciate any help that you can give me. Note: I have tried de...

Taking out domain names out of e-mail adresses
Hello, In Excel I have a column with a few e-mail addresses. And I was wondering if it's possible to take the domain name out of the e-mail address and put them in the column next to it? Thanks, Ruben =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Pilaarbijter" <de.pilaarbijter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Oe4SNcI3GHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > In Excel I have a column with a few e-mail addresses. And I was wondering > if it's possible to take ...

Not Displaying All within Page view of Pivot Tables
Is there a way to not display All items within a page view of a pivot table? I have a business case where I dont want my users to have the ability to display the summation of all items within a dimension, I only want them to be able to click on one of the items below (Smokeless or Smoking): For Example: All Smokeless Tobacco Smoking Tobacco I have been playing around with this for a while and cant come up with anything. If anyone knows if this is possible, can you please pass some info along. Thanks, Jason It's not foolproof, but you could disable the page selection, and ad...

Displaying JPEG images in CListCtrl
Hi All, I am writing an application in which I want to display a set of JPEG images into a CListCtrl. Is there a way of doing this by using just MFC? Awaiting for your reply Thanks & Regards Sachin Bhave > I am writing an application in which I want to display a set of JPEG > images into a CListCtrl. Is there a way of doing this by using just MFC? Try codeguru/codeproject for something like this. Here is one that should get you started: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/thumbnailview.asp --- Ajay ...

Activate new workbook with unknown name
Hi, I have a macro that copies a worksheet from an existing workbook and moves it to a new workbook (book 1, book 2, etc). I then go back to the original workbook to hide the copied sheet. When all this is done I want the user to be looking at the new workbook (book 1, book 2, etc). Please provide some code to add to my copy macro. Thank you very much....you guys/gals are great! You don't have to return to the original workbook to hide the sheet. If the macro is in the original workbook then simply: Sheets(1).Copy ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Visible = False Hope this helps Rowan &q...

Worksheet names..
When i rename a worksheet i want the name to populate in preselected cell with in the worksheet. is this possible? =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Rustynail" <Rustynail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6B17D5E-02CE-4A0B-8A11-C4B1E0E57795@microsoft.com... > When i rename a worksheet i want the name to populate in preselected cell > with in the worksheet. is this possible? ...

Automatically Underlining Names
We recently had to rebuild our Exchange 5.5 database due to log deletion when the hard drive filled up. Now, when I type in a vaild name from the global address book, the name does not automaticall underline when I tab out of the "To" field. If I click the check names icon, it underlines. If I just click send the message goes through. Even though everthing appears to be configured properly in the outlook client, it doesn't work. Is there something on the server that needs to be set? ...

saving all attachments where the some of the attachments have the same name
I had this problem and saw no answers so I wrote a macro to do it. You are welcome to it. I'm currently using Outlook 2003 (SP3) and I haven't tested this code on any other version. To "install" it: 1. in Outlook on the menu bar select "Tools"->"Macro"->"Visual Basic Editor" (or alternately hit Alt + F11) 2. when the "Microsoft Visual Basic" window comes up, on its menu bar select "Insert" ->"Module" 3. paste in the code below 4. on the "Microsoft Visual Basic" window's menu bar select "...

Naming ranges?
Hi, I have no problem naming ranges of cells in XL. However, I have the following scenario that I can't find a solution to: Imagine you have 5 identical worksheets. You want to highlight a data range which is also indentical in each worksheet. Can you create 1 range name that applies to a range of cells on each worksheet, rather than having to create 5 different named ranges (1 for each worksheet)? It is odd because if you have 1 worksheet, name a range, and then make 4 copies, they will all have the same range under the same name - so it must be possible to do it the other way a...

"The Pivot Table Name is Not Valid"
I am trying to create a Pivot Table and am getting an error that the pivot table name is not valid and that my data must be organized in columns with headers- I already have the data sorted A to Z in column A with headers... any help? Do you just have one column of data selected? Is there a heading in the first cell in the selected range? SPECTRUM wrote: > I am trying to create a Pivot Table and am getting an error that the pivot > table name is not valid and that my data must be organized in columns with > headers- I already have the data sorted A to Z in column A with header...

Can't see default instance of sql 2008; login name oddness
I am seeing two odd characteristics with a new windows 7 x64 box. The install and config steps were like so: [1] Computer OS installed, computer named Comp1. [2] Install sql server std 2008, developer version, including ssms, as default instance [3] Install sql server express 2005, named instance (sqlexpress). [4] Change computer name to Comp2. It's possible that the timing of 3 and 4 are reversed in the list above. The two oddities are that when I browse for sql servers on this box (browse service is on) I see only two entries: Comp1\sqlexpress Comp2\sqlexpress IE...

Exchange tasks on a trusted domain
Hi, I am trying to find out if I can create mailboxes for acounts on a trusted domain. Here is my scenario: I have an Exchange organization (Win2K3 SP2 servers) bound to an AD domain =Domain A (Win2K3 SP1 DCs, domain & forest in Win2003 native functional mode). I also have a second AD domain = DomainB (Win2K3 SP1 DCs, Win2000 domain & forest functional mode). When I try to create mailboxes for the users in Domain B in the Exchange organization, I get this error message: "xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="C...

Entry length
I give support to blind people who want to use Excel, and publish documents. When they enter data wider than the column width, of course the blind people cannot see that the entry is truncated by the entry in the cell immediately on the right. Is there any function or trick to indicate that the entry is wider than the column, or to indicate the length of the entry in the same unit as the column width, or other solution? Thanks Roland If using Windows Accessibility Options plays a "beep" on Data Validation errors.... Try something like this: 1)Set the cell fonts to a Fixed...

Synchronizing CRM Task with Outlook Client
I Synchronzing CRM with outlook client. When i Create Appointments the reminder is set to 15 Min.. The Tasks are not... and a Pop up Reminder does not show in Outlook. I have been told this should work for both Appointments and Tasks Have anybody seen that ?? ...

Updating mailNickname (ms-Exch-Mail-Nickname) with the contents of samAccountName (SAM-Account-Name)
I currently have an issue where a good chuck of my e-mail accounts all have Alias fields in Exchange that match the AD login account. However my counterpart administrators in another country have not followed this procedure and therefore their alias fields are many different things with no standardization. I've been asked to find a way to get all exchange accounts alias fields to match their AD login account. If anyone knows anyway (i.e. - script, tool) way to do this I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Mark "Stingray" <ks_stingray@hotmail.com> wrote: >I...

looking for control to display dialog similar to VC NET option window
I would like to implement a dialog similar to the VC++ NET options window. The left side of the options windows contains a tree control used to select general category of options that will be viewed/edited. The right side of the options window displays an dialog that allows the user to view/edit specific options. Are there any shareware/commercials controls available that provide this functionality? Thanks in advance. Ian I think I've seen something like that in www.codeproject.com (and for free) ...

Task and appointment notification
Hello all, Every time I open outlook or synch with my palm all the notifications or reminders for all my appointments pop up. Even ones that are months away. Any ideas on why this is? Or how to fix it? TYIA Azm ...

Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2007, I have my "To-Do Bar" shown on the right side of my screen. The Task List is selected and displayed. The problem is that I can't really tell what my tasks are because so little of them displays. I can widen the To-Do Bar a little bit, but what I'd really like is for the Task descriptions to use a smaller font. Can anyone tell me if this is an option? If so, where do I adjust it? -- Thanks! RBear3 .. You can only widen your ToDo Bar a little bit? I can widen mine a lot...what happens when you try to widen yours? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Mess...