Increase Task Name Display Length in My Tasks

Hi!

I have a suggestion for you...

The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters.
That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change it.
 Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on the
task to see the full name is not user friendly.

This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to
mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly.

Thank you for your consideration!
Stacey Shearn

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6719368c-720c-418a-805e-824bcfa841e0&dg=microsoft.public.project.server

Stacey:

This is not limited to 50 char. See the reply to your previous post.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a suggestion for you...
>
> The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters.
> That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change
> it.
> Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on
> the
> task to see the full name is not user friendly.
>
> This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to
> mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly.
>
> Thank you for your consideration!
> Stacey Shearn
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6719368c-720c-418a-805e-824bcfa841e0&dg=microsoft.public.project.server

0
Gary
4/1/2010 3:18:42 PM
Hi Gary,

Increasing the number of pixels for display does not seem to increase the
number of characters that display.  Does it for you?

Thanks!
Stacey

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Stacey:
>
> This is not limited to 50 char. See the reply to your previous post.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a suggestion for you...
> >
> > The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters.
> > That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change
> > it.
> > Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on
> > the
> > task to see the full name is not user friendly.
> >
> > This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to
> > mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly.
> >
> > Thank you for your consideration!
> > Stacey Shearn
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6719368c-720c-418a-805e-824bcfa841e0&dg=microsoft.public.project.server

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Formatting Cells to display Date: month/day/year
I am a newbie when it comes to Excel and after doing some searchin through threads I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so her goes: [image: http://www.geocities.com/danmann81/timesheet.jpg] The red box is the area I'm trying to format. What I want to do is se the formula for dates so that the dates update automatically withou having to change them manually every pay period. I hope that mak sense. Thank You Danie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your link does not work :-) You may try to avoid attachments/links and describe your issue in plain text ...

Unable to Save Timesheet in My Tasks Page
We have PWA 2003 in use. On one particular machine, after filling in the effort hours, the data does not gets saved and the application throws an error called "Catastrophic failure" as javascript error. on TasksPage.asp. we have used IE 5 till IE 7, still the problem persists. any clues, Did you try to save the timesheet from other machine? Might be a machine specific issue. Amit Khare EPM Consultant "amitmnagarwal" wrote: > We have PWA 2003 in use. On one particular machine, > > after filling in the effort hours, the data does not gets ...

MS CRM would have to be able to change the name of the BUs
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1e714783-27ff-45ac-ad85-af62aa45571d&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

task subfolder
I was wondering if anyone had found a solution to the following: I'd like to create a subfolder in my task folder for department specific tasks, the problem is with the reminders, is that they will not show unless they are in the main task or calendar folders. has anyone got advice? What version of Outlook are you using? There are a couple of 3rd party addins that will add the reminder functionality to other folders, but they don't work with all Outlook versions. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please ...

template task pane opens when work book opens
I have a check registery template and every time the workbook is opened the help task pane pops up on the right side. The vba code for the work book must be hidden nothing shows up in the VBA project. How can I get the help task pane from opening every time I open the workbook? ...

Background picture doesn't display when taking copy off of a Word template
Hi All Sorry for the myriad of posts from me today. I am trying to fathom stuff myself, but I'm on a hot streak of doing stuff today, but at the same time hitting a few brickwalls. Basically I have created a background image and applied to my MS Word template, eg Format / Background / Fill Effects and selected my pic from in there, and when I'm editing my template I see the bg image no probs. However when I call a copy of this template via my VB6 app, all of the text appears but my background image doesn't appear. If I go back to the template the image is sti...

Excel name list dropdown lost
I have a workbook with 10-15 names that used to appear in a drop down list and I was able to select a name and go directly to the array that it defined. I hit some key by mistake and now I cannot see my dropdown list. I tried getting out of Excel and reloading the worksheet and that did not work. This list was created by clicking Insert/name/define. It was working just fine until I hit some key. Any help on getting my list back would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Jim -- JimBray ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JimBray's Profile: http://www.ex...

Make task pane not appear
When I copy two or more cells without pasting the clipboard task pane appears. I don't want it and have to close it. Is there any way to prevent it from appearing? Thanks, Will Will, The next time it appears click the options in the button and checked "collect without showing the clipboard" or you can go to edit>>office clipboard to show the taskpane. Hope this will help Jon-jon "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:uBFQB9mdDHA.1532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I copy two or more cells without pasting the clipboard task pane > ...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Unable to display the folder. The Calendar folder could not be found
Hello. One of our users cannot open shared calendars in Outlook 2003. She gets the following error: "Unable to display the folder. The Calendar folder could not be found." It appears that this is a common problem, but none of the suggestions I have read about worked. During the course of troubleshooting, I set up her account on two different computers, both of which had the same problem. This leads me to believe there is something wrong either her account or mailbox. I checked mailbox permissions, and they appear to be correct (I compared them to other users' permissions). ...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

how do I combine cells (names)
I have first names in Column A and last names in column B. How do I combine them? If A1 is Gary and B1 is Weaver then put =A1&B1 in C1. -- Gary's Student "fiji41" wrote: > I have first names in Column A and last names in column B. How do I combine > them? Make it readable =A1&" "&B1 <G> -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Gary's Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F60C3468-5F0C-41EC-A315-60295C9DBF13@microsoft.com... > If A1 is Gary and B...

Why are blank tasks appearing after I baseline?
I am getting very weird results when trying to baseline my project. After baselining, I have blank tasks that are present --- and some of my original tasks are deleted. Can anyone answer what may be causing this, as I don't have a clue and my colleagues in the office have no answers. Also, I can't find the buffer tasks after baselining (...the feeding buffers or the project buffer. Very weird, the projected dates are displayed, but all of the buffer info is somewhere in limbo). I appreciate any suggestions you can offer. This is a very large project file, with...

Excel 1997 Formula Box length
I have a summary file that has 15 links to 7 files in a single cell. When all the files that are being linked to are open, there is no problem. When just the summary file is open however, the formula box displays the entire path and filename which gets quite lengthy. In Excel 1997, the formula box cuts off after 1,054 characters I believe, so some of the links get cut off in the formula box. However it does appear Excel maintains the links as long as no changes are made. (Changes can be made safely with all linked files open) The end result is I'm not sure how much faith I can have tha...

Fixed task time with flexible schedule
I am trying to create a yearly task schedule for building maintenance. My task durations are fixed at 4 to 8 hours but each task needs to be scheduled for sometime during the week of... "8 hours window cleaning anytime during the third week of July" for example. How do I represent this in MS Project 2007? Here is a reasonable work around. Project cannot schedule work "Any random 8 hour period during the week of January 25, 2010 to Januar 29, 2010." Here is what it can do: First key the task name and duration. On the main Gantt, select Window/Split... T...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Increasing alphabectically
Windows XP and Excel 2003 The first time through the program should read: With Active Sheet .First = Sheets("Rates").Range("B2") .Second = Sheets("Rates").Range("B3:B186") End With The next time through the Ranges should read "C2" and "C3:C186" Then next time "D2" and "D3:D186" and so on until it reaches "X2"and "X3:X186" Can someone suggest a good way to do this. Please. You could use index values rather than th...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

If enable timesheets, will project tasks auto-appear?
We are moving to enable timesheet functionality in EPMS 2007. Will existing project tasks auto-appear on the Team Member's timesheet or do we need to republish the project plans? Will they continue to appear on the My Tasks page? -- Carla Evans Presbyterian Health Plan Carla: When using the Timesheet functionality, each resource generates a timesheet for each period when it's time to report their time. When they generate the timesheet, the timesheet will automatically pickup their current tasks. (Note, there are options for generating timesheets with just project...

HTML_Control Range name
I have a problem with one of my macros where I am copy an entire worksheet (not by range) to another workbook. However, every other worksheet it seems comes across with an message indicating that that range name HTML_Control already exists. I had run a piece of code in my worksheet to outline all range names and it appears to be some kind of range name....and to my surprise there are a whole bunch of other names as well. Can someone tell me if there is any specific purpose for it? Hi, Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng them to something other than commandbutton1...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of paper .
using excel 2002 - I have 150 names in 1 column - how can I print them on one sheet of paper in 3 columns Stormey, Probably the quickest would be to divide it up into 3 columns. It prints the sheet as it appears. Select the second third of the stuff, and move it (edge-drag) to the desired place. Same for third section. If you do a print preview, then close the preview, you'll see the pagination lines as dotted lines on the sheet. Or you can use View - Page break preview. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- ...