If change password of AD Account through which we can login to epm

I have installed epm 2007 in two server in company. and all is going fine .

i am using a same AD account in both server .
If i will change the password of that account . it will create or raise
errors in EPM Servers ? (either in front end or back end server)

Hi Sam,

The answer is that it probably will.  In the Microsoft guidelines they
recommend to use an account that doesn't have the password change.

However, if you have to use a userid that the password changes then you
needto be very careful to make sure that everywhere you used the account in
the setup is changed (and if you have it on any services separately).  This
is especially true in the SharePoint settings.

Before you make any changes you should try to find every location that the
account is being used.  Then, you need to make the changes all at once.  If
you miss one a service or other part of the system may fail - up to a full
stop.

"Sam" wrote:

> I have installed epm 2007 in two server in company. and all is going fine .
>
> i am using a same AD account in both server .
> If i will change the password of that account . it will create or raise
> errors in EPM Servers ? (either in front end or back end server)
Hi Sam,
Try to look into this link

If you wish to change the password you can do that using STSAdm..
e.g. stsadm -o updateaccountpassword -userlogin <domain\username> -password
<newpassword> -noadmin

I hope this helps!
--
EPM Consultant

"Sam" wrote:

> I have installed epm 2007 in two server in company. and all is going fine .
>
> i am using a same AD account in both server .
> If i will change the password of that account . it will create or raise
> errors in EPM Servers ? (either in front end or back end server)

OWA: how to login without entering domain?
Hi, we have recently update from OWA 5.5 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and OWA, before migration, we can log in to OWA 5.5 using user - password, with default domain configured in exchange 5.5 IIS. now in Exchange 2003, with the default domain option configured, we cannot log in and we have to use domain\user - password what can we do? the configuration is similar, thanks and regards First article in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+default+domain&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=...

External data link change

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

can't remove old filter added to each new personal folder
A while back I put in a view filter on my personal folders and thought I had removed it. Now when I create a new personal folder, it contains this filter. I have removed the filter from the Current View in each of my Personal folders but can't get it to stop appearing in new folders (and sometimes reappearing in existing one.) How can I change this?? Thanks, Hal ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Change a formula to an acual number

Can't login after 20 minutes online
When i'm using my computer for about 20 minutes and want to login messenger it doesnt login. Only when i reset my ethernet card (simply turn off with rightclick on network icon) and turn it on again (the same way) then it wil login. I dont know witch settings i need to change so it will always login when i want it ? "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2B34F57-2C5C-44F6-B43B-5F09391E18AC@microsoft.com... > When i'm using my computer for about 20 minutes and want to login > messenger it doesnt logi...

Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it?
Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? Puneet Arora -- puneetarora_12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389664 you can hide a sheet on the format> sheet menu.Dont know about the password thng tho sorry -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "puneetarora_12" wrote: > > Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? > > > Puneet...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...

Prompted for password when running a report
Running CRm 3.0 on a single SBS 2003 box. Everything seems to work great except we get prompted for windows credentials when running a report. I verified the reports and reportserver website are using integrated authentication. The webserver is in the local intranet zone. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Dave, I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current username and password". Hope that helps, Jeff Bennett CRM Practice Manager Solutions Consulting Group, Inc....

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

icon changes with change of extension