How to track meetings for a task?

How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA!

Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal.  I typically just create
a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM
time.  You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status
meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings.

If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line
item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective
management.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task?
> TIA!

0
Andrew
12/15/2009 7:56:57 PM
Thankx for the reply. As an engineering project grows, meetings come and go
and the engineers need to assign time for meetings to the task for the
project. Is it possible to have multiple employee resources (work) to a task?

-JS

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal.  I typically just create
> a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM
> time.  You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status
> meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings.
>
> If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line
> item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective
> management.
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task?
> > TIA!
> >

> .

Hi DevourU,

many ways lead to Rome :) so to speak, the same applies to managing
meetings. If you have regular status meetings you can incorporate them into
your schedule as recurring tasks, which generally works very well.
Should you require some "add hoc" meetings you may want to consider creating
an ad hoc meeting task bucket where you assign your resources to this task.
That will mean that every time they have a meeting they can update the task
using the my task functionality.

That would of course be different if you have to manage non project
meetings. I would not manage them in a project schedule but in the timesheet
directly by using admin tasks.
I hope this helps
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"DevourU" wrote:

> How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA!

Outlook Tasking Option
I would like to know,? I use Tasking for our division is there anyway to get reports from tasking showing progress (or more so Late progress) on the personal that has been tasked Talking 12- 20 people with large list of tasks. Don't want to start all over with another canned program. ...

IE8
Hi, I seem to be running IE8 now; assume it automatically updated to it recently. This AM when I invoked IE the task bars were black and my desktop was showing through in spots. Remember having this issue with a previous version, but don't remember how to fix it. Can anyone advise? Thanks! Cheers, AB AB wrote: > I seem to be running IE8 now; You don't know? What version is listed under the Help -> About menu? > assume it automatically updated to it recently. Nope, that didn't happen. You chose to install it. > This AM when I invoked I...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Change Old Meeting Requests?
We've got a situation where a year or ago or so we moved from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This change was accompanied by a domain change. The move went fine, but were are now finding that people who had reoccurring appointments on their calendars are getting error messages if they try to change them. These "meetings" are really just maintenance reminds and the like, they they don't occur very often. But if someone tries to do something that results in an e-mail being sent the message send fails. For example, if someone tries to change a staus from tenative to a...

Getting NDR from user that is no longer a delegate (meeting reques
We're getting an NDR from a user that used to be a delegate of someone's calendar, but is no longer. I checked the original meeting request and then checked each attendees delegates, but the user isn't listed. look at this article id 253557 ...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssssssssssssssss 374 [447/7]
begin 644 zshort17.TXT M4V5X=6%L;'D@871T<F%C="!W;VUE;B!E87-I;'D@86YD(&EN<W1A;G1L>2!W M:71H('!H97)O;6]N97,-"@T*4&AE<F]M;VYE<R!A<F4@=&AE($ME>2 @=&\@ M05144D%#5$E/3@T*#0I)="=S(&EN=FES:6)L92P@;V1O<FQE<W,L(&%N9"!U M;F1E=&5C=&%B;&4-"DET)W,@;65D:6-A;"!S8VEE;F-E<R!A;F0@;F%T=7)E M<R!S97AU86P-"G-E8W)E="!W96%P;VX@;V8@<&QE87-U<F4N(%1H:7,@:7,@ M82!P97)F96-T;'D-"FQE9V%L('-E>'5A;"!S=&EM=6QA;G0N+BX@8VQE=F5R M;'D@;6%S:V5D(&EN(&$-"FUA;B=...

Why would the VB6 exe not show up in the task bar
Folks My very standard VB6 exe is not showing up on one users task bar in Windows Vista. The task bar being that area usually on the bottom of your screen showing you all the open programs. Any thoughts? It works for me on a Vista VPC session as well as Windows 7. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/ Granite Fleet Manager ht...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

formula to return a spcified value if a set of criteria meets con.
I have mulitple columns of data to evaluate. I need to be able to add a column to the end where in each row I can enter a set of criteria that will return a specified value. For example: If cells A1 thru F1 are null/blank (contain no data) return the value "current month" If cell A1 is not null (contains any type of data) return value "prior month" Hi do you mean =IF(A1<>"","prior month",IF(COUNTA(A1:F1)=0,"current month","not defined")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Georgia at Nexstar" <Georgia...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

outlook auto accept meeting
A customer running Outlook 2007 (and Exchange server) is having trouble with meetings. Whenever anyone sends them a meeting request, they DO NOT see it in their inbox - and it automatically shows up on their calendar (I guess it's auto accepting the meeting requests). I've checked in Outlook 2007 | Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling - and confirmed that auto-accept was turned off. Any other ideas? -- SC scennimo@optonline.net Three shots in the dark: 1. Outlook running on another machine somewhere with Autoaccept on/ 2. A delegate accepting meetings on be...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

assigning tasks
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop in outlook i could assign tasks to people (send a task to them via email) and then track their progress. is that doable in entourage? must i be on some exchange? thanks ...

Entourage automatically trashes meeting requests
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Entourage automatically trashes meeting requests as soon as I accept them. I don't want them trashed until I want them to be. How can I change this? ...

outlook 2003
in outlook 2003, when I look at the "tasks" view. intead of showing like task items (ie lines through completed tasks etc) they are appearing as e-mail message with sent/received dates etc. when I look on the folder properties | general tab. I see that is says : when posting to this folder use : IPM.post, when I try to change it to IPM.task I get "You cannot create an item of this type in this folder". I ran scanpost and it reported no errors, so I am assuming somehwere I can reset the folder type but cannot find --mike ...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

How to cancel task in Microsoft Project without deletion it ?
Dears I need to cancel a task in Microsoft Project file but without deleting it. what is the best way to do this? Give it a zero planned duration, and it will be as if it never happened. If the task is in the past, give it zero actual duration and zero remaining duration and mark it 100% complete. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "Mohamed El-Gammal" <Mohamed El-Gammal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:981B2F21-56F5-4C0A-83D2-93A3B338CDD5@microsoft.com... > Dears > I need to can...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Grid lines in Tasks printout?
How do I darken or change the color of them? ...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...