How to remove the delete assignment feature from My Tasks?

Is there a particular Server Setting that can be turned off to
disallow the submitting of assignment deletion requests?

Thanks,
Andy Novak
UNT
0
anovak

Andy --

This is one of only a few features in the Project Server 2007 that the
Project Server administrator CANNOT disable.  The fact that you are asking
about it probably reveals that one of your PMs accidentally APPROVED a
delete assignment request.  :)

So, because you cannot disable it, you need to make this feature a training
and performance issue with both project managers AND team members.  Teach
your team members NOT to use the feature, teach your PMs to be alert to
delete assignment requests on the Task Updates page and to REJECT them if
they see any of them, and then do you best to hold them accountable for
their compliance to your training requirements.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

<anovak@unt.edu> wrote in message
> Is there a particular Server Setting that can be turned off to
> disallow the submitting of assignment deletion requests?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy Novak
> UNT

0
Dale
4/13/2010 2:42:02 AM
On Apr 12, 9:42=A0pm, "Dale Howard [MVP]"
<dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> wrote:
> Andy --
>
> This is one of only a few features in the Project Server 2007 that the
> Project Server administrator CANNOT disable. =A0The fact that you are ask=
ing
> about it probably reveals that one of your PMs accidentally APPROVED a
> delete assignment request. =A0:)
>
> So, because you cannot disable it, you need to make this feature a traini=
ng
> and performance issue with both project managers AND team members. =A0Tea=
ch
> your team members NOT to use the feature, teach your PMs to be alert to
> delete assignment requests on the Task Updates page and to REJECT them if
> they see any of them, and then do you best to hold them accountable for
> their compliance to your training requirements. =A0Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExpertshttp://www.msprojectexperts.comhttp://www.projectserverex=
perts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>
> <ano...@unt.edu> wrote in message

> > Is there a particular Server Setting that can be turned off to
> > disallow the submitting of assignment deletion requests?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Andy Novak
> > UNT

Thanks Dale.  Actually, thankfully, we caught it BEFORE the PM had
approved it and I had him reject it.  One of his programmers noticed
some of their assignments had strike-throughs and this led us to find
that the programmer had accidentally sent deletion requests to his
manager.   :)
0
anovak
4/13/2010 2:48:48 PM
Andy --

Whew!  I'm glad your PM caught the deletion before it created problems with
the project.  :)

--

> On Apr 12, 9:42 pm, "Dale Howard [MVP]"
> <dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> wrote:
>> Andy --
>>
>> This is one of only a few features in the Project Server 2007 that the
>> Project Server administrator CANNOT disable.  The fact that you are
>> asking
>> about it probably reveals that one of your PMs accidentally APPROVED a
>> delete assignment request.  :)
>>
>> So, because you cannot disable it, you need to make this feature a
>> training
>> and performance issue with both project managers AND team members.  Teach
>> your team members NOT to use the feature, teach your PMs to be alert to
>> delete assignment requests on the Task Updates page and to REJECT them if
>> they see any of them, and then do you best to hold them accountable for
>> their compliance to your training requirements.  Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExpertshttp://www.msprojectexperts.comhttp://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>
>> <ano...@unt.edu> wrote in message

>> > Is there a particular Server Setting that can be turned off to
>> > disallow the submitting of assignment deletion requests?
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Andy Novak
>> > UNT
>
> Thanks Dale.  Actually, thankfully, we caught it BEFORE the PM had
> approved it and I had him reject it.  One of his programmers noticed
> some of their assignments had strike-throughs and this led us to find
> that the programmer had accidentally sent deletion requests to his
> manager.   :)

0
Dale

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

prnmngr vs delete all network printers
Hi, I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but before installing those printers, I need to delete all previous installed printers. Is it possible to delete all already installed printers in one command line with PRNMNGR.VBS script ? Thanks. Just a little thing I forgot: Delete all NETWORK printers... Thanks. "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : uvD4MyItKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but > before...

Not able to delete an account, money will then crash
Hi I hope you can assist. I posted an issue earlier but then tried to investigate myself. I tried to quick repair the file and this did not work then tried to retore backup but still had the issue. The account which is displayed in red is cause money to crash. I tried to delete the account and the money crashes. I then make the balance zero and closed the account, the tried to delete the account but it still crashes. Please can you advise? Well at least it's zero now and I created a new account with the details and back to my correct balance. Thank you in advance. In mic...

Task Manager, Process
When you run Excel 2003, it remains open as a process (seen under Task Manager/Process). When it remains running as a process, it prevents faxes from being sent. If I end the process, faxes go through, but it remains running as a process; which prevents other faxes from being sent. How can I prevent Excel from running as a process? Or, automatically kill it? I don't use xl2003, but I use xl2002 at home and xl2k at work. The only time I've seen these rogue processes are when excel crashes (or I automate something incorrectly and that instance can't close). But I've neve...

Need to remove selected characters

Print view of the task pad from multiple employees
Hi, I am looking for a way to print the all tasks in the task pad from all emplyoees. All of them have granted me access to their task pad. Unfortunatly Outlook allows me only to print (or view) the tasks of a single employee. The print out should look like the following: Tasks of employee 1 ... Tasks of employee 2 ... Tasks of employee 3 ... Tasks of employee 4 ... Thanx in advance. :-) Or is there a plugin to do so? Frank ...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Inserting an excel spreadsheet into a task in outlook 2007
I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by availing myself to the ribbon commands. Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this object you must install a program to edit this object." Looking for answers -- Wave Hunter Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Offi...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

How do I delete the last character in a field in Excell?
for some reason when i export my contacts to a csv the email addresses are not separted by a comma but by a semicolon. i used the formula that seperates first name and last name together into two seperate columns searching for semicolon instead of space. the result is that a proportion of the email addresses are suffixed by a semicolon. how do i delete the semicolon? thanks Hi You could just use Find/Replace for this to keep life simple. Andy. "andrewcodd" <andrewcodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58BCDAC-C7BF-4340-9D64-E3F1880E6F36@microsoft....

Classwizard deletes files!!!?!
Hello All, When I edit my class in the classwizard(add message handlers, add/remove controls), the classwizard will often delete the .cpp class I have been using. I don't have a choice but to run a batch file to back up the whole C++ project before I use classwizard! Once I got an error stating the temp file could not be copied to the .CPP file I was working on so I assume the classwizard has trouble coping the file back to the environment after it edited the copy. Can anyone tell me how to get around this annoying problem? Regards, Chris H ...

how to delete completed tasks?
How do I make Outlook'02 delete completed tasks? Currently it shows them in light gray with a line through them. >How do I make Outlook'02 delete completed tasks? You don't. It marks them complete, as you describe, with the line through them and expects you to delete the ones you don't want. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Adding and removing removable drives

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...