how to get Resource availability by hour - MS project 2007

Hi ...

I have scenario where i started overwhelming to fit tasks into my resources
schedule i.e. initially i had only 2 project so it was easy to fix tasks
schedules so that it does not overlaps task from other project...because we
do hour by hour planning.

Now i am planning to setup about 35 projects for same resource... and many
of this project has to run in parallel hence 2 hours 8am - 10am on 1 task
from one project, 3 hours 10am - 1pm on another task from another project on
same day etc...

i have hard time fingind any such view or report that tells me "during so
and so date the resource A is availabel for 4 hour between 1:00 pm to 4:00
pm."

i am using project professional 2007 with project server 2007 SP2.

if i get this report i can easily start filling our the gaps for new project
to fully utilize my resoruce.

can some one help to solve this please.

report should look like

Name        Date                    Availability    when
Mini           feb-15-2010      2 hr                11am-1pm
james        feb-15-2010        2hr                8am-10am
james        feb-15-2010        3hr                2pm-5pm

0
Imran

Imran,

I would start with the Resource Usage view in Project Professional.
Connect to Project server, open a project where the resource is allocated to
and use the Resource Uasage view . You can determine the scale of the
timeline and then I would check the work and overalocation field. This way
you can see how much work the resource has accross all projects within
Project Server
Hope this helps
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"Imran Admin" wrote:

> Hi ...
>
> I have scenario where i started overwhelming to fit tasks into my resources
> schedule i.e. initially i had only 2 project so it was easy to fix tasks
> schedules so that it does not overlaps task from other project...because we
> do hour by hour planning.
>
> Now i am planning to setup about 35 projects for same resource... and many
> of this project has to run in parallel hence 2 hours 8am - 10am on 1 task
> from one project, 3 hours 10am - 1pm on another task from another project on
> same day etc...
>
> i have hard time fingind any such view or report that tells me "during so
> and so date the resource A is availabel for 4 hour between 1:00 pm to 4:00
> pm."
>
> i am using project professional 2007 with project server 2007 SP2.
>
> if i get this report i can easily start filling our the gaps for new project
> to fully utilize my resoruce.
>
> can some one help to solve this please.
>
> report should look like
>
> Name        Date                    Availability    when
> Mini           feb-15-2010      2 hr                11am-1pm
> james        feb-15-2010        2hr                8am-10am
> james        feb-15-2010        3hr                2pm-5pm
>

> .

Hi Marc

The issue is in resource usage view yes it shows the project name and hours
the resorce is working on all projects across the project.
but it does not show on what time the resource is working on a perticular
task i.e.

i am trying to schedule my resource for one task in current project for 3
hours on monday from 8-11am
now i switch to resource usage view and it shows me as "Other projects" when
i expan the + it tell me the project name that this resource is working on
this project on monday for 4 hours, but this view does not tell me which 4
hours i.e. 8-12am etc? and hence if my existing 3 hour task if i schedule
without knowing that then that overlaps the other project.

so in short i dont wants to complicate much, I dont wants to do master
project which can resolve this issue by showing me all tasks of all projects
not just title in resource usage view. but chances of gettting a big mesh
are very likely in master project specailly when multiple project mangers
touching the project.

if i get report as i mentioned will be great...

"Marc Soester [MVP]" <MarcSoesterMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9C123B49-6B36-4F81-8D6D-B7F55F895672@microsoft.com...
> Imran,
>
> I would start with the Resource Usage view in Project Professional.
> Connect to Project server, open a project where the resource is allocated
> and use the Resource Uasage view . You can determine the scale of the
> timeline and then I would check the work and overalocation field. This way
> you can see how much work the resource has accross all projects within
> Project Server
> Hope this helps
> --
> Marc Soester [MVP]
> http://www.i-pmo.com.au
>

> "Imran Admin" wrote:
>
>> Hi ...
>>
>> I have scenario where i started overwhelming to fit tasks into my
>> resources
>> schedule i.e. initially i had only 2 project so it was easy to fix tasks
>> schedules so that it does not overlaps task from other project...because
>> we
>> do hour by hour planning.
>>
>> Now i am planning to setup about 35 projects for same resource... and
>> many
>> of this project has to run in parallel hence 2 hours 8am - 10am on 1 task
>> from one project, 3 hours 10am - 1pm on another task from another project
>> on
>> same day etc...
>>
>> i have hard time fingind any such view or report that tells me "during so
>> and so date the resource A is availabel for 4 hour between 1:00 pm to
>> 4:00
>> pm."
>>
>> i am using project professional 2007 with project server 2007 SP2.
>>
>> if i get this report i can easily start filling our the gaps for new
>> project
>> to fully utilize my resoruce.
>>
>> can some one help to solve this please.
>>
>> report should look like
>>
>> Name        Date                    Availability    when
>> Mini           feb-15-2010      2 hr                11am-1pm
>> james        feb-15-2010        2hr                8am-10am
>> james        feb-15-2010        3hr                2pm-5pm
>>

>> .

0
Imran

Number format issue Access 2007
Access 2007. I've created a database with a number input and I'm getting the following errors. I've formatted a field as Number Field Size: Single Format: Currency Decimal Places: 0 I'm getting the following results Input 2,065,000,000 but it's rounding it to 2,064,999,936 Input 2,682,000,000 but getting rounded to 2,681,999,872 Any ideas on the reason for this? Do I have that field formatted properly? You help is GREATLY appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ Single is a floating point type. Accuracy is only 7 or 8 significant digits. More info: ...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

A Crystal Beginner

Importing/parsing data from an external file in Word 2007 Macros
Hello! I am wondering if this is possible, and if so, how do I do it? What I want to do is this: I have a template, and I want to write a macro that will create a document based on this template by pulling data out of other files, formatting the data, and putting it in the appropriate section of the document. I have no experience with Word Macros or VBA, although I have programmed in VB.NET in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you! Kaiti You would need an AutoNew macro in the template that contained the code statements. Sub AutoNew() ActiveDocu...

Project Server 2010
Hi all, I am doing a pilot for a customer and they have noticed a few issues with Timesheet functionality. I'd appreciate any feedback. Background The customer is using Timesheets in SEM (Single-Entry mode). Users are instructed to fill-in their task progress only in My Timesheet view. Weekly time reporting periods have been defined. Issue #1 A few project tasks are shown in a resource’s timesheet. When sending a task for approval (button “Send Status”), the task is marked with “Awaiting for approval” in field Process Status. When the task is approved, there i...

Unable to configure DPM protection for Sharepoint 2007
Hi there, Let me give you my configuration first. 2 Frontend Sharepoint servers which are load balanced 1 Indexing server 1 database server All of the above run on Windows 2008 R2 x64 Sharepoint has SP2 installed and is using Microsoft SQL 2008 The DPM server has Windows 2008 SP1 standard installed and DPM is on SP1. I want to configure the new sharepoint environment to be backupped with DPM 2007. However, I cannot get this to work. I've tried two methods. First thing I did was install the DPM clients on all sharepoint machines and tried to run the "configureshar...

Get paid while you get online!!

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Access 2007 Runtime 01-22-08
I am looking to update a major Access 2000 database to 2007 but I have been hearing that Access 2007 Runtime has some major bugs that might affect functionality or security. Does anyone know where I can find some clarification about this? Thanks DJ hi it is true that microsoft has been having some major bugs. I have been having some problems too with mine. if I were you, I'd find another database. "DJJ" <gemdjj@writeme.com> wrote in message news:koqlj.27772$8A4.8101@trnddc02... > I am looking to update a major Access 2000 database to 2007 but I have > b...