EPM2007 Time entry details

Hi!

We are using EPM2007 with SP1.

Is there a way to differentiate between the actual work entered by resources
from PWA and the actual work entered by PM through the MS Project, by making
the tasks as 100% complete?

I am looking for the difference into the Reporting Database tables.

Regards,

Viren Saini

Hi Viren,

unfortunately Project Server doesn’t make any difference where actual work
comes from.

Actual work entered by resources from PWA are only stored additionally as
binary data in transaction tables, not readable. PMs can find details in PWA
-> Task Updates -> GoTo -> Applied Requests and Errors.

I have no idea of your process, but perhaps your PMs should set remaining
work to 0 instead of changing %complete?

Regrads
Barbara

"Viren Saini" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are using EPM2007 with SP1.
>
> Is there a way to differentiate between the actual work entered by resources
> from PWA and the actual work entered by PM through the MS Project, by making
> the tasks as 100% complete?
>
> I am looking for the difference into the Reporting Database tables.
>
> Regards,
>
> Viren Saini
Thank you Barbara. That helps!

Regards,

Viren Saini

"Barbara - Austria" wrote:

> Hi Viren,
>
> unfortunately Project Server doesn’t make any difference where actual work
> comes from.
>
> Actual work entered by resources from PWA are only stored additionally as
> binary data in transaction tables, not readable. PMs can find details in PWA
> -> Task Updates -> GoTo -> Applied Requests and Errors.
>
> I have no idea of your process, but perhaps your PMs should set remaining
> work to 0 instead of changing %complete?
>
> Regrads
> Barbara
>

> "Viren Saini" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > We are using EPM2007 with SP1.
> >
> > Is there a way to differentiate between the actual work entered by resources
> > from PWA and the actual work entered by PM through the MS Project, by making
> > the tasks as 100% complete?
> >
> > I am looking for the difference into the Reporting Database tables.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Viren Saini

Time Zone mismatch
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange Hello All, <br> I am having this issue where when an calendar event is created, it is created fine in proper time zone. when a calendar event/invite is received it show that the event is displayed in EST and my computer is in US/central. The exchange server is 2007 with SP1 and is in EST time zone. I enabled time zone support in ical and set the Entourage>preference> Calendar default event time zone to PST time zone. This is causing events to be missed or placed in the wrong ti...

Start Time and End Time field templates require dates, not times
I am a novice at Access. I am using Access 2007. I am trying to design a form. I added a Start Time and End Time field from the Event fields. But when I try to insert times into these fields, they insist on dates, not times. A tiny calendar appears next to the field when I am trying to type a time. And when I do type a time, I get the message that says that the input value must be greater than 1/1/1900. This appears to be a bug in these field templates. Is there a fix for this? Access stores the date and times as a signle field. You need to set the format for the field to time....

Time formatting
I need to be able to right a conditional Formatte that can highlight a cell (group of cells) in a sheet based on the time of day ... For instance... if the starting time (cell C4) is 02:29 and the ending time (cell D5) is 04:30 then any time with in this range the cell should be high lighted. Any other time the cell is not. Scott S. A. Stone wrote: > I need to be able to right a conditional Formatte that can highlight a > cell (group of cells) in a sheet based on the time of day ... For > instance... if the starting time (cell C4) is 02:29 and the ending time > (cell D5)...

Outlook 2003 presents EULA window every time I open
Just upgraded my PC to Windows 7 from XP. Had to reinstall MS Office 2003 to get Outlook. Then upgraded to MS Office 2007 (Student version) to get newer versions of Word, Excel (but not Outlook). Every time I open Outlook 2003, the EULA dialogue window pops up , which I accept. Why does it repeatedly do this even after I accept the license terms, and how can I make it stop? Thanks -- Jack G Start Outlook as an administrator and accept the EULA. Then restart Outlook to normally again. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/353 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coau...

OWA Calendar Time
In my OWA there is a discrepancy between looking diary entry and when actually double-clicking on it. The appointment times are an hour behind in the details of the appointment.elay. This does not happen on the Outlook client. The time zone, daylight saving settings are correct on the Exchange server, Outlook client, OWA Options settings, client PC as well. Any suggestions will greatly appreciated. Regards Issue resolved. For anyone inetrested in knowing the solution.... Went into the Time Zone settings on the Exchange server and set it to Hobart time zone (we are in Sydney by the way)...

Outlook 2003 failed to start correctly last time
When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and want to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not help as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded, reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I have also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from scratch and still have the same problem. I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home. The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and 3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I hav...

How do I search a mailing list spreadsheet to remove entries alre.
My company wants to start doing mailing lists to new homeowners around the city, so we will be receiving mailing lists each month to send out to. I want to be sure that we won't be sending letters out to the same people each month, so I would like a way to have Excel search through the new list and remove any entries it finds that have already been present in previous lists. Does this call for a macro? Check out Chip Pearson's web site. Scroll down to "D", and you'll find many pages about dealing with duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm -- HTH, ...

time
Hello, Anyone know how to subtract minutes from a time and get a time result in the following example: A1 = 01:30 (1:30 AM) A2 = 100 (# of minutes) ?A3 = A1 - A2 = 23:50? I have expressed A2 as a time but if A3 is a negative time, #### is displayed. I have also expressed A1 as a date and time and A3 as hh:mm, but also with no luck. I need help solving for A3. Any Ideas anybody? Adam -- AdamB ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AdamB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15490 View this thread: http://...

Calculating elapsed time
Hi all, I have reports generated by my servers that displays the elapsed time of an archive in the format of 00:12:33 This is simply HH:MM:SS But how do I calculate the total sum? So if I have the following elapsed times: 01:10:18 01:41:06 02:33:57 04:11:13 04:40:00 05:28:23 07:08:30 07:44:53 08:17:07 10:41:09 and perform an auto sum or manually add the all, I get the result 53:36:36 which is fine. As soon as I use a pivot table the grand total is 04:26:18 even if I change the cell format to match the original hh:mm:ss as a custom. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks in advance. Gary I...

progress billing for Time and Materials project type
hi all can I use progress billing for Time and Materials project type in Project Accounting? Thanks in advance.. ...

Subtracting Times with dates
I have 4 colums on for start date one for start time one for end date and one for end time I need to find a formula that will give me just the difference in the two times they may be two to 3 days different in the dates. example 3/1/2010 14:30 3/3/2010 22:30 need it to give me the answer of 56:00 =B1-A1 Custom format: [h]:mm "Tstewart14" wrote: > I have 4 colums on for start date one for start time one for end date and one > for end time > > I need to find a formula that will give me just the difference in the two > times they may be t...

Creating a time line
I am interested in creating a timeline of events. Is there a way to do this using Office 2000 software? look at micrrosoft project instead "melanie" <couchm02@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:003201c3d542$d97d4810$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am interested in creating a timeline of events. Is there > a way to do this using Office 2000 software? ...

Summing times
I'm trying to get Excel to sum times on a worksheet e.g. C4=6:00 C5=8:45 C6=9:30 Total hours worked= 24.25. How do I get Excel to understand this? Any help is appreciated. Driver Format the time as (h):mm:ss and enter the hours even if it is 0. You could get 24:15 if you used a format of: [hh]:mm Or use this if you want 24.25 =SUM(c4:c6)*24 Driver wrote: > > I'm trying to get Excel to sum times on a worksheet > > e.g. > C4=6:00 > C5=8:45 > C6=9:30 > > Total hours worked= 24.25. How do I get Excel to understand this? > > Any help is ap...

Dates for European Summer Time
European Summer Time starts this Sunday (the last Sunday in March). Does anyone know of any formulae to compute the start and finish dates automatically for the current year please? TIA V http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/rules/eu.htm Victor Delta wrote: > European Summer Time starts this Sunday (the last Sunday in March). > > Does anyone know of any formulae to compute the start and finish dates > automatically for the current year please? > > TIA > > V "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u...

Outlook 2003 dates "jumping" when time is sync'ed
After a couple of years of watching my OL2003 calendar periodically "jump" to different dates, I have finally identified the trigger. Whenever my computer syncs its time with an Internet time server, a jump in date(s) on the calendar occurs. For example, in calendar view I might select the following days: Mo 11.24/Tu 11.25/We 11.26/Th 11.27 Time sync occurs and the display shifts to Tu 11.25/We 11.26/Th 11.27/Fr 11.28 This is especially annoying when I go to Outlook, begin adding an appointment, and (sometimes) realize I am on the wrong day! Day view, Work week view, and Mont...

Multiple Time Range Conditional
I have put the running time on a worksheet. I want to reference that time and for 6 time ranges during the day, I want to display a message to the user via text in a cell. How do I reference these time ranges and how do I display this message only during these 6 time ranges? Thanks! Can you tell us how you are getting the running time? Are you using =3DNOW() and what cell is this in? What are the 6 time ranges that you want the message to be active for? Which cell do you want to use to display the message? Pete On Nov 18, 11:51=A0pm, KT <K...@discussions.microsoft....

GMT time to local time
Hi, I've been stuck on this stupid problem. We're saving a date on a server and because clients can be located in different time zones, we save it in GMT format. This is the GMT time: 7:00 pm Here on my client in Eastern US/Canada time zone, the time should be displayed as 3:00 pm (we're currently in DST, so -4 UTC) Using a CDate initialized with my GMT time (7:00) I can't get the local time! If I use Format to get a string representation, I get 7:00 pm If I use FormatGmt, I get 11:00 pm How am I suppose to use a CDate to get the correct local time when all I have as a s...

restricting entry into a cell based on entry to a previous cell
I have a group of cells for an inventory sheet. I want to prevent double or incorrect entry. For example, if there is any entry into cell F6 they cannot place an entry into F7 or F8. The same would apply for entry into F7 which would restrict entry to F8 and F6. Can this be done? Use Data Validation Data > Validation... > Custom > Formula is: =COUNTA($F$6:$F$8)=1 apply this to F6, F7, F8 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200790 "newbie57" wrote: > I have a group of cells for an inventory sheet. I want to prevent double or > incorrect entry. For example, if t...

Outlook 2007: Text Box Entry for Categories?
My department is migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. I am piloting 2007 and am struggling with categories. We use many categories for our shared mailbox. Every incoming mail item is categorized using one or more categories. Because of the large number of categories and how often they change, most of us are used to just typing them into the text entry box. For instance, a mail item may be categorized as "parts, chrysler, z01112008," the z-number indicating a delivery date. That's what we type in the text box. Once categorized, management can then filter by category to s...

Approved Time Reporting
We have created the Project OLAP cube database and built the cubes in Office Project Server 2007. We do not use timesheets in our Office Project Server 2007 implementation. We enter and approve time on a project through the MyTask feature in EPM. We would like to create a report that shows the following: • Resource Name • Project Name • Task Name • Date Time Entered • Amount of Time Entered • Total Time Entered for Task Is it possible to create this report using Cubes without having timesheets enabled? If so, what Cube and what attributes can be used to report on the...

Time Block
The appointmentbook should allow for a read of other activities like Tasks or Phone Calls. This would enhance task scheduling and planning. -- Shane ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

Showing all pages at one time
How do I have all pages I'm working on showing at one time? I have to go to "go to page" to see them individually. It's a pain. -- seal the deal If you have Publisher 2003 and below, View Status bar. If you have Publisher 2007 there is a fix here, sixth FAQ http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Woody05" <Woody05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C48C0D92-2BC5-4FDF-A1BF-06F178FAB2F2@microsoft.com... > How do I have all pages I'm working on showing at one time? I have to go to > &qu...

how can i make a time line?
i would like to know how to sketch out a timeline from 1940 to 1980 on the computer, and i'm not quite sure what program to use inorder to do this. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=timeline -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "wwjd" <wwjd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D96D177B-9BAA-42EB-BD5C-E8E3E169F279@microsoft.com... >i would like to know how to sketch out a timeline from 1940 to 1980 on the > computer, and i'm not quite sure what progr...

How to do math on time
I want to create a time card in excel (2003). 4 time fields (Time in morning, Time out lunch. Time in after lunch, Time out end of day) The next field (column) needs to be able to total the actually hours worked. Needs to be able to deal with hours & minutes. I might even want to put a button that will "stamp" the current time in one of the above fields. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave See this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:8DED9...