enterprise custom field for overdue tasks

I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some
trouble.  I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a new Task
> Date field with the following formula :IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [%
Complete]<100,"red","green").  Now I would expect it to populate that field
with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria.
Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or green
stoplights.  However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add the new
field to a view that displays the data values it is blank for all tasks and
when I try to setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they are not
valid.  What am I doing wrong?

a) Your formula has a mistake in it I believe.  The first condition should
be reversed i.e. [Current Date]<[Finish] rather than [Finish]<[Current Date]
b) Did you use a custom "Text" field to define your formula in?  The results
of your formula yields text so the field type has to be text.  The fact that
you get an error when trying to define your graphical indicators leads me to
believe you are using some other type of field like "Date" or "Duration"
maybe?
c) Did you hit F9 in your schedule to force a calculation refresh? This
sometimes needs to be done to force the formula to calculate
d) There is an existing out of the box task field called "Status" that will
generate a similar results if you want to look at that instead.
e) You might want to consider a different formula result if the task is 100%
and finishes in the future.

"Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some
> trouble.  I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a new
> Task
>> Date field with the following formula :IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [%
> Complete]<100,"red","green").  Now I would expect it to populate that
> field
> with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria.
> Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or green
> stoplights.  However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add the
> new
> field to a view that displays the data values it is blank for all tasks
> and
> when I try to setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they are
> not
> valid.  What am I doing wrong?

0
Jonathan
a) I still think mine makes sense since I'm trying to display tasks where
the finish date is earlier than the current date (ie - current date is
greater), but I tried reversing it for the sake of testing, still no output
once I took b) below into consideration.
b) You're right...I was using a custom date field.  Since it won't let you
change it I created a new field with an Entity of "Task" and a Type of
"Text".  I tried my formula my way and your way and I still get no output for
that field when I add it to any task view.  The graphical indicators part
still gives me an invalid message as well.  I used "equals" and a value or
"red" without quote marks...is that correct or since it is text do I need
quotes?  I tried both and tried using contains but still get the same message.
c) I opened the project schedule in MS Project Professional 2K7 from the PWA
window, hit F9, saved and published, and closed it but still no success in
PWA view.
d) I can't find a task field called status.  I assume I should find it when
I go to modify a Project Center view under "Available fields"?  I don't see
it there.  If I should be looking elsewhere please let me know.

I really would like to get this working and it seems like it should be
relatively simple but I'm running into some hiccups.
Thanks,
Robert

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> a) Your formula has a mistake in it I believe.  The first condition should
> be reversed i.e. [Current Date]<[Finish] rather than [Finish]<[Current Date]
> b) Did you use a custom "Text" field to define your formula in?  The results
> of your formula yields text so the field type has to be text.  The fact that
> you get an error when trying to define your graphical indicators leads me to
> believe you are using some other type of field like "Date" or "Duration"
> maybe?
> c) Did you hit F9 in your schedule to force a calculation refresh? This
> sometimes needs to be done to force the formula to calculate
> d) There is an existing out of the box task field called "Status" that will
> generate a similar results if you want to look at that instead.
> e) You might want to consider a different formula result if the task is 100%
> and finishes in the future.
>
> "Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some
> > trouble.  I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a new
> > Task
> >> Date field with the following formula :IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [%
> > Complete]<100,"red","green").  Now I would expect it to populate that
> > field
> > with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria.
> > Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or green
> > stoplights.  However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add the
> > new
> > field to a view that displays the data values it is blank for all tasks
> > and
> > when I try to setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they are
> > not
> > valid.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> .

One other question - is there any sort of "setup" that needs to happen before
I can have custom fields utilizing equations?  I'm wondering if maybe I'm
getting blank values in the field because it is not hitting the database
correctly or because the database doesn't have the required content?  Are
there any tests I can run to see if it is?  We're running Project Server 2007
on MOSS 2007 Enterprise Edition running SQL Express 2005 (default SQL engine
installed with SharePoint).

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> a) Your formula has a mistake in it I believe.  The first condition should
> be reversed i.e. [Current Date]<[Finish] rather than [Finish]<[Current Date]
> b) Did you use a custom "Text" field to define your formula in?  The results
> of your formula yields text so the field type has to be text.  The fact that
> you get an error when trying to define your graphical indicators leads me to
> believe you are using some other type of field like "Date" or "Duration"
> maybe?
> c) Did you hit F9 in your schedule to force a calculation refresh? This
> sometimes needs to be done to force the formula to calculate
> d) There is an existing out of the box task field called "Status" that will
> generate a similar results if you want to look at that instead.
> e) You might want to consider a different formula result if the task is 100%
> and finishes in the future.
>
> "Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some
> > trouble.  I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a new
> > Task
> >> Date field with the following formula :IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [%
> > Complete]<100,"red","green").  Now I would expect it to populate that
> > field
> > with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria.
> > Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or green
> > stoplights.  However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add the
> > new
> > field to a view that displays the data values it is blank for all tasks
> > and
> > when I try to setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they are
> > not
> > valid.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> .

No setup is required for the formulas to work.

> One other question - is there any sort of "setup" that needs to happen
> before
> I can have custom fields utilizing equations?  I'm wondering if maybe I'm
> getting blank values in the field because it is not hitting the database
> correctly or because the database doesn't have the required content?  Are
> there any tests I can run to see if it is?  We're running Project Server
> 2007
> on MOSS 2007 Enterprise Edition running SQL Express 2005 (default SQL
> engine
> installed with SharePoint).
>
> "Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> a) Your formula has a mistake in it I believe.  The first condition
>> should
>> be reversed i.e. [Current Date]<[Finish] rather than [Finish]<[Current
>> Date]
>> b) Did you use a custom "Text" field to define your formula in?  The
>> results
>> of your formula yields text so the field type has to be text.  The fact
>> that
>> you get an error when trying to define your graphical indicators leads me
>> believe you are using some other type of field like "Date" or "Duration"
>> maybe?
>> c) Did you hit F9 in your schedule to force a calculation refresh? This
>> sometimes needs to be done to force the formula to calculate
>> d) There is an existing out of the box task field called "Status" that
>> will
>> generate a similar results if you want to look at that instead.
>> e) You might want to consider a different formula result if the task is
>> 100%
>> and finishes in the future.
>>
>> "Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some
>> > trouble.  I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a
>> > new
>> > Task
>> > Complete]<100,"red","green").  Now I would expect it to populate that
>> > field
>> > with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria.
>> > Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or
>> > green
>> > stoplights.  However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add
>> > the
>> > new
>> > field to a view that displays the data values it is blank for all tasks
>> > and
>> > when I try to setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they
>> > are
>> > not
>> > valid.  What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> .

0
Jonathan
1/12/2010 6:33:45 PM
Robert,

Once you get output I think you will see that you want to reverse the
current date and the finish date in your formula.  Once you get it working
it will be easy for you to determine which way to go with that.

The [Status] field is a task level field and therefore will not be available
for use in Project Center views.  But I also checked the Project views in
PWA and this field is not available for use there either.  The field is only
available in Project Professional to use.  If you want to create a task
custom field that is based on this field then you can use this formula:
IIf([Status]=0,"Completed",IIf([Status]=1,"On
Schedule",IIf([Status]=2,"Late","Future Task")))

I am not sure what you are doing wrong with the graphical indicators but
what I would first try is to work solely in Project Professional and try to
get your task custom field to work at the local level and without graphical
indicators.  Once you start getting values back in the Text1 field for
example, then try to add the graphical indicators, BTW you do not need to
add quotes around the text value, just type the value as it is.

Once you get the local field working like you want you can convert it into
an enterprise field by clicking the "Add Field To Enterprise..." button.
Then you will be able to add this custom enterprise field to your Project
views under PWA>Manage Views.

Jonathan

> [...]
>> > I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some
>> > trouble.  I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a
>> > new
>> > Task
>> > Complete]<100,"red","green").  Now I would expect it to populate that
>> > field
>> > with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria.
>> > Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or
>> > green
>> > stoplights.  However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add
>> > the
>> > new
>> > field to a view that displays the data values it is blank for all tasks
>> > and
>> > when I try to setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they

0
Jonathan
1/12/2010 6:42:21 PM
Jonathan,
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my posts.  Through your
suggestions (and you were right on the formula (= ) I was able to get it to
work.  I had to modify one of the existing custom fields (I used Text1 as you
suggested) in project professional, once I saw that it worked (with the
graphical indicator), I made it an enterprise field and then re-published the
file.  I see that for all other project's I have to calculation refresh them
and then republish them in order to see the values populated in the PAW view.
 My only problem still lies with the graphical indicators.  They show up fine
since I created the custom field in Project Professional 2007, but when I go
to edit the enterprise field in PAW, it still tells me the graphical
indicators are not valid, even though they work.  This prevents me from being
about to edit my enterprise custom fields in PAW at all because I can't save
the changes.  This is quite the annoyance and I'm not sure why it is
happening.  Any thoughts?

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >> Date]
> >> b) Did you use a custom "Text" field to define your formula in?  The
> >> results
> >> of your formula yields text so the field type has to be text.  The fact
> >> that
> >> you get an error when trying to define your graphical indicators leads me
> >> believe you are using some other type of field like "Date" or "Duration"
> >> maybe?
> >> c) Did you hit F9 in your schedule to force a calculation refresh? This
> >> sometimes needs to be done to force the formula to calculate
> >> d) There is an existing out of the box task field called "Status" that
> >> will
> >> generate a similar results if you want to look at that instead.
> >> e) You might want to consider a different formula result if the task is

Hi Robert,

Glad you are making progress.  It could be that you are getting an error in
PWA editing the custom field because the cache hasn't been updated correctly
in Project Pro.  You probably noticed that you cannot edit a custom field
that has a formula in it without Project Pro being open.  If you don't have
Pro open, it will automatically be launched when you try to edit a custom
field with a formula via PWA.  Anytime you make a change to a custom field,
I would first make sure to close out of Project Professional completely so
the next time you log in, it pulls the latest custom field definitions into
the global cache.

In order to do a thorough global cache cleaning follow these steps:

1) Close out Project Professional
2) Start>Run, enter %appdata% and click enter
3) Navigate to ...Microsoft\MS Project
4) Delete the 12 and Cache folders completely

Also, try having Project Professional open first with a connection to the
enterprise environment before you attempt to edit the custom field in PWA.

Jonathan

> [...]
>> > need
>> > quotes?  I tried both and tried using contains but still get the same
>> > message.
>> > c) I opened the project schedule in MS Project Professional 2K7 from
>> > the
>> > PWA
>> > window, hit F9, saved and published, and closed it but still no success
>> > in
>> > PWA view.
>> > d) I can't find a task field called status.  I assume I should find it
>> > when
>> > I go to modify a Project Center view under "Available fields"?  I don't
>> > see
>> > it there.  If I should be looking elsewhere please let me know.
>> >
>> > I really would like to get this working and it seems like it should be
>> > relatively simple but I'm running into some hiccups.

0
Jonathan
1/13/2010 6:07:58 PM
Still no dice.  I followed all of those steps and whenever I open that
particular enterprise custom field (or any custom text field using graphical
indicators) in PWA  and try to save it I get the message.  I am giving up for
now and just using a Number type field instead of a Text type and replacing
the "red" and "green" in my formulas with 1 and 2.  If I do this the
graphical indicators save/show fine.  I'm guessing there is just something
wrong with the way I'm using text for graphical indicators...I don't know
what it is but I can't get anything to work with text.

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >> IIf([Status]=0,"Completed",IIf([Status]=1,"On
> >> Schedule",IIf([Status]=2,"Late","Future Task")))
> >>
> >> I am not sure what you are doing wrong with the graphical indicators but
> >> what I would first try is to work solely in Project Professional and try
> >> get your task custom field to work at the local level and without
> >> graphical
> >> indicators.  Once you start getting values back in the Text1 field for
> >> example, then try to add the graphical indicators, BTW you do not need to
> >> add quotes around the text value, just type the value as it is.
> >>
> >> Once you get the local field working like you want you can convert it
> >> into
> >> an enterprise field by clicking the "Add Field To Enterprise..." button.
> >> Then you will be able to add this custom enterprise field to your Project

Robert:

What is your patch level on this system. This sounds like an issue that
surfaced and was corrected in very early builds of Project Server.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

> [...]
>> > re-published
>> > the
>> > file.  I see that for all other project's I have to calculation refresh
>> > them
>> > and then republish them in order to see the values populated in the PAW
>> > view.
>> > My only problem still lies with the graphical indicators.  They show up
>> > fine
>> > since I created the custom field in Project Professional 2007, but when
>> > go
>> > to edit the enterprise field in PAW, it still tells me the graphical
>> > indicators are not valid, even though they work.  This prevents me from
>> > being
>> > about to edit my enterprise custom fields in PAW at all because I can't
>> > save
>> > the changes.  This is quite the annoyance and I'm not sure why it is

0
Gary
1/13/2010 10:11:20 PM
I think you were on to something.  It said I was running SP 2, but when I ran
and installed all available Microsoft updates, it seems to have fixed the
problem.  I can now save and view text type custom fields graphical
indicators.
Thanks!
Robert

"Gary Chefetz" wrote:

> Robert:
>
> What is your patch level on this system. This sounds like an issue that
> surfaced and was corrected in very early builds of Project Server.
>
> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Still no dice.  I followed all of those steps and whenever I open that
> > particular enterprise custom field (or any custom text field using
> > graphical
> > indicators) in PWA  and try to save it I get the message.  I am giving up
> > for
> > now and just using a Number type field instead of a Text type and
> > replacing
> > the "red" and "green" in my formulas with 1 and 2.  If I do this the
> > graphical indicators save/show fine.  I'm guessing there is just something
> > wrong with the way I'm using text for graphical indicators...I don't know
> > what it is but I can't get anything to work with text.
> >
> > "Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Robert,
> >>
> >> Glad you are making progress.  It could be that you are getting an error
> >> in
> >> PWA editing the custom field because the cache hasn't been updated
> >> correctly
> >> in Project Pro.  You probably noticed that you cannot edit a custom field
> >> that has a formula in it without Project Pro being open.  If you don't
> >> have
> >> Pro open, it will automatically be launched when you try to edit a custom
> >> field with a formula via PWA.  Anytime you make a change to a custom
> >> field,
> >> I would first make sure to close out of Project Professional completely
> >> so
> >> the next time you log in, it pulls the latest custom field definitions
> >> into
> >> the global cache.
> >>
> >> In order to do a thorough global cache cleaning follow these steps:
> >>
> >> 1) Close out Project Professional
> >> 2) Start>Run, enter %appdata% and click enter
> >> 3) Navigate to ...Microsoft\MS Project
> >> 4) Delete the 12 and Cache folders completely
> >>
> >> Also, try having Project Professional open first with a connection to the
> >> enterprise environment before you attempt to edit the custom field in
> >> PWA.
> >>
> >> Jonathan
> >>
> >> "Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Glad that this is finally working for you.

--

> I think you were on to something.  It said I was running SP 2, but when I
> ran
> and installed all available Microsoft updates, it seems to have fixed the
> problem.  I can now save and view text type custom fields graphical
> indicators.
> Thanks!
> Robert
>
> "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Robert:
>>
>> What is your patch level on this system. This sounds like an issue that
>> surfaced and was corrected in very early builds of Project Server.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
>> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Still no dice.  I followed all of those steps and whenever I open that
>> > particular enterprise custom field (or any custom text field using
>> > graphical
>> > indicators) in PWA  and try to save it I get the message.  I am giving
>> > up
>> > for
>> > now and just using a Number type field instead of a Text type and
>> > replacing
>> > the "red" and "green" in my formulas with 1 and 2.  If I do this the
>> > graphical indicators save/show fine.  I'm guessing there is just
>> > something
>> > wrong with the way I'm using text for graphical indicators...I don't
>> > know
>> > what it is but I can't get anything to work with text.

0
Gary

Exported payee info appearing in memo field?
Whenever I download information from one particular bank the payee field is not filled in and the memo field has the payee information in it. Meaning I have to go through every transaction and assign it the correct payee. It is only an issue with one of my banks, and happens in both Money 2003 and 2004. The bank, of course, is saying no one else has this problem, and that I should contact Money tech support. Does this sound familier to anyone and is there a fix that I can do? Thank you so much! In microsoft.public.money, Delia wrote: >Whenever I download information from one part...

Auto Creation of a Customer Number
Good day! I am working on some interfaces between our Great Plains application and our Line of Business application. One of the requests that came up was the ability to have a customer number created automatically when we create a customer. Rather than have the Great Plains user enter a number that may or may not already exist, our hope is that the application would look in the existing table of customers, and using a select max(custnmbr), add 1 to the existing max value, and then place it into the customer number field. I was thinking that I would use a trigger on the insert of the...

Subtotal a calculated field in a pivot table
I'm creating a pivot table listing Accounts Receivable transactions by customer. It includes both payments and invoices in the results. Unfortunately both payments and invoices are listed as positive numbers, so I can't just subtotal the "amount" column. I've created a formula field in the pivot called "calcamt" that contains an if statement. The if statement examines the transaction type code and if it indicates a payment, multiplies the amount column by -1. Otherwise it just returns the amount column as a positive number. When I drag the calcamt field int...

Customize Window
I wish to make a small change to a window. I open the window, click on Tools -> Customize...but 'Modify Current Window' is grayed out. Are we missing something? I found my answer...Modifier is required to modify windows. "Marsha" wrote: > I wish to make a small change to a window. I open the window, click on Tools > -> Customize...but 'Modify Current Window' is grayed out. Are we missing > something? ...

Custom Format for WEEKNUM(Today())
I am using WEEKNUM in Excel to do some COUNTIF functions and have problems with matches because Excel returns a single digit rather than 2 of weeks 1 throuhg 9 of any given year. Using teh COUNTIF function 20051 then mathmatically is the same as 200510. Is there some way to format the week returned to be 2 digits? -- RonB Hi Something like this: =TEXT(WEEKNUM(A1),"00") Arvi Laanemets "RonB" <ronb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB373DCB-47DC-48C6-AB3C-9D9B284E4A73@microsoft.com... > I am using WEEKNUM in Excel to do some COUNTIF func...

Upgrade to enterprise

function based on value in another field
I'm trying to create a calculated value (ToUREV). Two fields need to be multiplied; CONSUMPTION (from DATANORM) and either OFFRATE, MIDRATE or ONRATE depending on the value of PEAKTYPE (see data below to make sense of this) PEAKTYPE is an INT either 1, 2 or 3. If PEAKTYPE = 1 then ToUREV = CONSUMPTION*ONRATE, if PEAKTYPE = 2 then ToUREV = CONSUMPTION*MIDRATE and if PEAKTYPE = 3 then ToUREV = CONSUMPTION*ONRATE Basic SQL statement without ToUREV: SELECT DATANORM.*, PEAKTYPE, HOURIDDATA.OFFRATE, HOURIDDATA.MIDRATE, HOURIDDATA.ONRATE FROM DATANORM INNER JOIN HOURIDDATA ON (...

Problem with custom listbox still
I don't why I can't get this other than I am just ignorant of the internals of MFC. I have a Dialog which contains a TabCtrl which hosts a CWnd object which contains a group of CWnd object controls. Each control has a buddy CWnd object which I use as a listbox. I want the listbox to be able to display outside of the host dialog. I've done this by creating the listbox with the dialogs handle. All of this works. The problem I had was that control underneith the listbox were processing the mouse and button messages when the listbox was showing, giving the incorrect coordinates for th...

form customization
I want to change the default form used by the inbox. I am able to write the script to change the message class of all the items currently in the inbox at the time of running the script. But the new mails that come in still use the default form. Could you please help me to change the default form of the folder so that all mails use the customized form. ThankYou. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox...

Visio 2003 Enterprise Architect: Problem with Code Generator
Hello, I recently discovered a flaw in the way the code generator handles shared aggregation. Basically, say you have ClassA and ClassB joined by an association where ClassA is the source and ClassB is the target. Now say that the association is defined as such: ClassA association end (Source): Aggregation: shared End Name: none Multiplicity: 1 ClassB association end (Target): Aggregation: none End Name: m_ClassBObj Multiplicity: * Visibility: Private Normally, if we want to translate this into code (i.e C#), we should implement 2 classes where ClassA ...

Custom Views created in Excel 2000 not working with Excel 2003
I've created views in Excel 2000, Win98SE; the Views work with Excel 2000, XP Pro; some users are not able to utilize the Custom Views using XP Pro Operating System with Excel 2003 SP. Is this a compatibility issue? If so, is there a work around so I can get the views to work. Thanks for the help/advice. ...

Onenote tasks configuration to Outlook tasks
I've read all of the blogs about OneNote not being available in Office Live. I'm wondering if I can do something else to provide some level of integration from my desktop OneNote to Office Live. I've created a task list on Office Live and "connected" it to my local Outlook desktop. When I'm working from my desktop and using OneNote, I can indicate that a line in OneNote is a task and it creates a task in Outlook. My question is if I can configure what task list is used as a repository when the task is created from OneNote. Using OfficeLive, I can cr...

Mulitiple customer addresses import from table import
There are different mulitple addresses for a customer. I tried to import it to customer master address file but it seems it is not working right. For example: I name the primary address ID as primary. It does create the primary ID for me but didn't import and address, phone number, tax code associated with the location, and email address for the statement recipient. Can any experts out there guide me thru this or tell me what I did wrong? Thanks billy, I would suggest using Macro instead, let me know if you need any help in this matter. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, M...

paste data at end in field
Is there some code that would append or paste at the end of any existing data in a field? If there is already txt in the field ie referinfo reads "someone else at this number" by clicking a cmd button I want it to add "old; " right now I have a button with the following it works fine obviously if nothing is in the field but it overwrites if there is already txt in the field. Me!ReferInfo = "old: " I was looking for a simple solution... I don't know vba code for append at the end of the field if there is such a thing Thanks It sounds as t...

Custom Fileds
How do you add a drop down list (custom field) to the activities for an account and Is it possible to remove some of the buttons on the side under Sales like quotes, invoices, etc...? Robert, You add custom fields through the deployment manager. Once you have selected the table you want to add a field and choosen Add Schema Field, you will be presented with what kind of field you want to create. Among your choices is a picklist. -Jason "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909FBA0-B107-48D2-AB3C-BA46FF131EF4@microsoft.com... > How do you ...

Custom Function 03-19-07
Hi, I am stuck with a date function, I think it is just something silly I am missing, please could you advise. Many thanks for your time. Kerry ______________________________________ In a Module named Functions:- Public Function NumbWorkingDays(StartDate As Date, EndDate As Date) As Integer '.................................................................... ' Name: NumbWorkingDays ' Inputs: StartDate As Date ' EndDate As Date ' Returns: Integer ' Comment: Accepts two dates and returns the number of weekdays between them ' Note that this function does no...

send tasks to outlook
I need to send reminders of tasks to my resource people. I heard it is possible to send tasks to outlook. How can I do it? Txs Silene Hi, this option is still available in Microsoft Project 2002, 2003, 2007 and 2010 - how ever hidden. To show this feature, please perfom the following steps for Project previous to 2010: 1. Go to "Tools/Customize/Toolbars" 2. Switch to tab "Commands" 3. Select "All Commands" 4. Scroll to "ReminderSet" 5. Drop the toolbar button on a toolbar of your choice 6. Click "Close" For Microsoft...

format problem when extracting ole object field to a file
Hi all, I'm trying to export ole object field to an excel file,the issue is that the format is currapted when extracting the data to the file. i assume i'm doing something wrong,this is my code: Dim a() As Byte Dim lngOLEValue As Long Dim lngFN As Long Dim strTemp As String lngFN = FreeFile() lngOLEValue = LenB(DLookup("[excel]", "table1", "ID = 1")) ReDim a(0 To lngOLEValue) ' should be -1 ' Copy the contents of the OLE field to our byte array a = DLookup("[excel]", "table1", "ID = 1") strTemp = ...

Change customer on Invoice
We have an old invoice that was recorded for the wrong customer and we need to change it. How do we do this without changing our inventory stock status for our year end (FYI the year has not been closed yet) Issue a Return against the old invoice and re-invoice to the correct customer. Make sure your document and posting dates match the original invoice and posting dates. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com We tried that, but the Inventory Stock report as of Dec. 31 does not end up staying the same - the inven...

SBS/Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise Server
Dear Newsgroup, on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem. Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving, Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however "forgets" these settings within half an hour. The settings made by me are the following: 1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access 2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x...

Enterprise tags
In the Task Form a tag is showing up after the prodecessor and successor names. The tag is (enterprise). This isn't allowing me to use the pulldown and pick a task as a predecessor or successor. Where is the switch to delete this tag form each task? Are you in PWA? If so, you can't modify predecessor and successor in a Project Detail view. If you're in Project, it sounds like your Administrator created a field called Predecessor and made it calculated. Right click on the header of the column, and check if there is a formula (which would be greyed out) for tha...

Saving customized excel toolbar
Is there anyway to save customized toolbar for Excel? Once in a while my customized toolbar disappears. So I got to repeat customizing toolbar so often. I hope that a file similar to "Normal.do" for word exists for excel. I am currently using 2003Office Suite under WinXP Pro SP2. Roman Roman Customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in your Excel11.xlb file. Usually stored in........... C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel but if on a network may be somewhere else. Do a file search for *.xlb if need be. You may have more than one so note...

no "recurring pattern" field for tasks in field chooser
I am trying to customize the current view of tasks in Outlook 2000. The field "recurring pattern" is not in the list of fields for tasks in the field chooser. This is a valid field for tasks, and I want a custom report that shows the freqency of recurrance. Can anyone help? RecurrencePattern is a complex field that is a binary. All the recurrence information is kept in this binary blob with various bits having different meanings depending on whether a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly recurrence pattern is set in the blob. There's no possible way that could be displayed in ...

Web-based Outlook bug: Cannot open mail when the subject field ends with a . (dot) character
From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject field ends with "." (dot) character. Outlook web will return HTTP 404: The page cannot be found. It's URLScan doing this. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325965 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Ken Jones" <ken888j@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bb0d99.0406161345.6e30c8f@posting.google.com... > From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject > field ends with "." (dot) character. > &...

Journal Customization
Hi, Is there any way to modify the automatic journal entries so the entire file path is not inserted in the subject line? If I can't figure out a way to shorten this up I'm going to have to get a dual monitor setup to get enough room to see the path :-) TIA Pete ...