Decimal places in OLAP Cube Data

Hi there,
  Can anyone tell me how to remove the decimal places from the OLAP Cube data and just make them whole numbers?

Please and Thank you

Daniel Pruett

Silverlight 2 Beta 2: Doing Data Part II
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74e6d04f-7d50-4efe-8c82-69ba695d7e5d/silverlight-2-beta-2-doi.aspx
0
Daniel

I think you will have to create a separate calculated field for the data in
question.  For example if you want to show [Work] rounded to 0 decimals you
would use this MDX formula

IIF([Measures].[Work] = NULL, NULL, ROUND([Measures].[Work],0))

You will also need to set the number format for this new calculated field to
"General"

Jonathan

"Daniel Pruett" wrote in message news:20091118122245dpruett40@yahoo.com...
> Hi there,
>  Can anyone tell me how to remove the decimal places from the OLAP Cube
> data and just make them whole numbers?
>
> Please and Thank you
>
> Daniel Pruett

> Silverlight 2 Beta 2: Doing Data Part II
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74e6d04f-7d50-4efe-8c82-69ba695d7e5d/silverlight-2-beta-2-doi.aspx

0
Jonathan
11/18/2009 8:30:47 PM
Daniel --

You did not state what type of numbers have the decimal places in Data
Analysis views, but I will assume you are talking about Work columns, as I
know they can show LOTS of decimal places!  :)  There's a pretty easy way to
suppress the decimals, and to add the comma character as the thousands
separator (showing 1,000 rather than 1000).  To do this requires a little
Excel trick.  Keep in mind that the PivotTable in a Data Analysis view is
actually an EXCEL PivotTable, so this means you can apply any type of Excel
number formatting to numbers in a Data Analysis view.  Here's how to do it:

1.  Right-click on one of the columns that has lots of decimals and then
click the Commands and Options item on the shortcut menu.
2.  In the Commands and Options dialog, click the Format tab.
3.  In the Number field, manually type the following Excel formatting:

#,##0

4.  Press the Enter key and then close the dialog.

You will see that your numbers are now properly formatted, supressing the
decimals and adding comma as the thousands separator.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Daniel Pruett" wrote in message news:20091118122245dpruett40@yahoo.com...
> Hi there,
>  Can anyone tell me how to remove the decimal places from the OLAP Cube
> data and just make them whole numbers?
>
> Please and Thank you
>
> Daniel Pruett

> Silverlight 2 Beta 2: Doing Data Part II
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74e6d04f-7d50-4efe-8c82-69ba695d7e5d/silverlight-2-beta-2-doi.aspx

0
Dale
11/19/2009 2:33:27 AM
Right click the column, pick the formatting option, and format as #,#
--
Regards,  Ben.

"Daniel Pruett" wrote:

> Hi there,
>   Can anyone tell me how to remove the decimal places from the OLAP Cube data and just make them whole numbers?
>
> Please and Thank you
>
> Daniel Pruett

> Silverlight 2 Beta 2: Doing Data Part II
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74e6d04f-7d50-4efe-8c82-69ba695d7e5d/silverlight-2-beta-2-doi.aspx
> .

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Merge data by macro
Hi all, I got data in column A and B as show below. Row A B ......col 1 ID DATA ...headings 2 XY01 Record 3 Time 4 Left 5 XY02 Time 6 Right 7 XY03 System 8 Record 9 Time 10 Left I need macro which should merge column B data and put result in column C as shown below Row A C ......col 1 ID DATA ...headings 2 XY01 Record Time Left 3 4 5 XY02 Time Right 6 7 XY03 System Record Ti...

Customer check data

Encryption of Data in an Excel worksheet?
Can you encrypt sensititive data in an Excel worksheet? ...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

"Iv Bo" <nospam@server.net> wrote in message news:... If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com >> "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message >> news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >>> Hello All - >>> >>> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >>> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >>> there an ...

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

Colour coding data
Hi- I would like to be able to automatically colour code percentages into red, amber, green depending on the number. I know this can be done but cannot figure out how! Any help appreciated Use conditional formatting. See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html --- HTH Bob Phillips "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD770409-882A-40E2-9D3D-DBAD19AD95D7@microsoft.com... > Hi- I would like to be able to automatically colour code percentages into > red, amber, green depending on the number. I know this can be ...

parse data
i am trying to get the 18 out of this description field and store it in a new field. its a pretty consistent string but the number is not always two digits. all i can think of is parse whats after the 3rd comma and the /(slash). in this case 18. anyone have an idea on this. thanks for the help ACM,GRN BEAN,F.S.,18/16OZP,01 This is one way, assuming that the target number is one or two digits long only: Replace(Mid(FieldName, InStr(InStr(InStr(1,FieldName,",")+1,FieldName,",")+1,FieldName,",")+1,2),"/","",1,1,1) -- Ke...

Circular Reference with Data Validation
I'm trying to get the following formula to work. I16 is a data validation list (drop down list) and I keep getting the circular reference error message, can anyone help me? =IF(I16="Overages Allowed (incl. additional rev) Line Item Budget Overages Disallowed",K16,IF(K15<=J15,0,IF (K26<=J26,0,IF(K26+L30-J26<=MIN(0.2*(J15),200000),K26+L30- J26,MIN(0.2*(J15),200000,IF(I16="Adjustments/Non-Allowable Expenses",K17=-L15,IF(I16="Less: Greater of Line Item Budget Overages OR Line 12 of CFR",K17=-L15))))))) Hi I think you've put a couple of errors...

Deleting ODBC data files relating to Access 2007
I had Office 2003 on my machine with some Access database files. The machine was reformatted and Office 2007 was installed. This caused some problems with the existing database files. I then created some using Access 2007. I then reverted back to 2003 and that made things worse. The bottom line is that Office 2007 has been reinstalled and I'm sticking with it. The problem is that there are a few ODBC data files that will not delete. I go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) Shortcut. The files will not delete. I'd appreciate any help or ...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

extracting data from a spreadsheet by searching on columns
I Have no idea on how to extract data from a excel spread sheets, I have extracted data using Quattro pro but that was centuries ago.... My Question is..... I have a spreadsheet that has 4 Columns of data, these columns are date, company, class and amount... I want to search the column "class" for a specific word such as "gas", each time the program finds the word " gas "copy all the information from the other columns into specific columns in a different spreadsheet. I know this will be quite simple for the majorty of you experts if not all, but I have kno...

verify data.
Hava a good occasion to verify data before the user push the button "apply"? It's dialog UI. If you are asking where/when to handle the verification of data, you can use DDX mechism provided by MFC. If not, you can simply handle OnApply in your case and if you dont want to exit after data verification, simply dont call the base class. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Marco" <sorry@nomail.com> wrote in message news:uBAoeasyDHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hava a good occasion to verify data before the user push the button "apply"? ...

formating data
After importing banking information in the format "20041126000001", I want the end result to be of the format "mm/dd/yyyy". The first 8 digits will be used for this, the remainder may be deleted. Thank you for your help. Hi use the following formula in a helper column: =--TEXT(--LEFT(A1,6),"0000-00-00")) and format this cell as date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MLH" <MLH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C6D314D5-E894-470E-AB88-77570078633D@microsoft.com... > After importing banking information in the f...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

Restore was two weeks old data
Any reason anyone can tell me why when we did a restore dated may 5 it did not have quotes past april 14th? ...

comparing 2 data
Dear All, i have a master data from client and my data from data entry. Now i want to compare from both data. ie, sheet1 (master data from client) Names Age reza aditia 25 bobby 19 Cathy Sharon 20 etc now in sheet2 (my data from data entry) names age tony 25 bobby 19 rezaaditia 25 CathySharon 20 i can use countifs formula, but the problems is the names in both data doesn't same. in sheet1 Reza Aditia using space and in sheet2 Rezaaditia w/o space, and like...

Data file disappeared...what now
Last night (money 2003 premium home and business), I closed my money file as normal. However, I had forgotten to enter something, so I went back to open the file again. WHen I did, I got that little searchlight dialog telling me that it couldn't find my money file. The file had just disappeared into the ether. Were I smarter (and appropriately cynical of Microsoft software quality), I would have immediately opened the backup file. However, instead, I went out looking for my Money file. I found one that I hadn't used in a while and - stupid me - I opened it. That file then...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

Merging data to one cell from many
I want to take the contents from 4 cells and merge the data to one cell. The cells are all numbers (the example below is what I'm trying to merge.) CELL1 CELL2 CELL3 CELL4 Merged cell 1250 0301 140 003 12500301140003 I can use this formula =CONCATENATE(Cell 1,Cell 2,Cell 3,Cell 4) But it leaves out the zeros in the merged cell. They're important. this may work: =CONCATENATE(T(Cell 1),T(Cell 2),T(Cell 3),T(Cell 4)) Eddie O "Pete" wrote: > I want to take the contents from 4 cells and merge the data to one cell. The > cells are all numbers (the example below is w...

Adding data in Queries
I am at loss. I created a query from 2 tables. Tables have some common field names. I joined the date field and a BlockT field. I have entered some criteria to limit the data dispaly for one date and now I cannot update the data. Why not? These tables are propagated by 2 uppend queries and have a unique field to prevent duplicate records [Date]&[ID]&[StartTime]&[BlockT] These are not the fields that I want to enter data. Thanks in advance for any help. Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 see if ...

Multiple data in series
I am trying to put multiple date in a series on an Excel chart (Excel 2000). I have two values that I want to show in one month. I want the series to have seperate colors by value but totaled for the month. For example, in June 2005, there is $200 in sales of cookies and $200 in sales of candy. I want to show $400 in sales, but show the series as $200 (green) indicating cookies and $200 (yellow) indicating candy. -- Ann Kelley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ann Kelley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Currency and the number of decimal places
I have an application which has neen running for a number of years, firstly on Access2000 then XP and now on Access 2003. It uses many currency fields for invoicing , credit notes etc. Each field which is of currency type has the decimal property set to 2. Up until recently the ATB balanced fine but lately it has been a few cents out. The reason is that some amounts have been put in with 3 decimal places and some calculations (eg GST of 10% of $398.68 returning to the GST field a value of $39.868) returning 3 decimal places. I guess with the calculations, I can code to make sure only ...

Business Data Lookup Snapin Vista install
Hi There When I try to install the BDL Snapin for Office, I get a message saying "You must have Administrator privileges to run setup". I'm running Vista Business. The user is Local Administrator & Domain Administrator. I removed all group policy. I still get the error. I'm using Office 2003 and Phase 1.5 release of the BDL software. Has anybody any suggestions? Regards, Brock ...