Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10

Good Afternoon,
  We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level.  We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts?

Thanks! and have a great spring!

Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx
0
Daniel

Does the data in the field not show up, or the field itself does not appear
in the pick list for the views?

"Daniel Pruett" wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>   We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level.  We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts?
>
> Thanks! and have a great spring!

> Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx
> .

Daniel --

When you created each of these custom enterprise Task fields, did you
remember to select the "Roll down, unless manually specified" option in the
Calculation for Assignment Rows section of the page?  If not, select this
option for each of your custom enterprise Task fields and then ask your PMs
to republish their projects.  Let us know if this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Daniel Pruett" wrote in message news:2010422173227dpruett40@whidbey.com...
> Good Afternoon,
>  We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment,
> and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level.  We
> can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional
> 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment
> details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts?
>
> Thanks! and have a great spring!

> Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx

0
Dale

Out of Office Assistant #10
Does Outlook 2000 (I am running XP) have an Out of Office Assistant? I do not see one on my toolbar? click on your inbox then go to tools, and you will see the out of office assistant in the menu list >-----Original Message----- >Does Outlook 2000 (I am running XP) have an Out of Office >Assistant? I do not see one on my toolbar? >. > The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Under 10.6 -- problems opening files with "#" in the name
Hey all.. A user showed me this one and I could replicate it on my computer as well. If an Excel 04 file has a "#" in it's name -- under 10.6, if you double-click on the file, Excel 04 will launch, but not open the file. File --> Open works, though. However, if you remove the "#" from the name of the file (say the original is "123#.xls" and the change is to "123.xls" -- then the file will open via double-click. This appears to be new behavior under 10.6. The user had no problems with the #-in-the-name files under 10.5.8. I also tried t...

Custom toolbar and macros

Windows live mail 04-29-10
When I try to forward to mult. addresses I get an error 0x800CCC69. How do I fix this -- Dave That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:760D8183-31E0-4EC3-AE90-C4806B8A03D2@microsoft.com... > When I try to forward to mult. addresses I get an...

toolbar customization

Unable to view Settings side tab
I'm new to CRM and just loaded up a VPC to try it out. I logged into the VPC as an admin user so that I could check out the Settings area and look through the customization options. Unfortunately there was no "Bar" on the side tab for "Settings" and the menu option for getting "Settings" to display does not seem to work. Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions for tracking down the issue? Do a search on these forums - this has been covered multiple times now. "Darren Neimke" wrote: > I'm new to CRM and just loaded up a VPC to ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Case creation 12-07-04
Hello, I just finished to setup my CRM server and clients, for testing purpose. Mail system is ok, try to play with the workflow manager, all seems to be ok. Now i'm currently setting up case system. I successfully create cases on the CRM server. The rules I create in the workflow are working, i get emails on events "case open" and "close". But I've created this case from the CRM web interface. How can my customers open cases with a simple mail ? I've created a queue, but how can I associate it with a case creation ? Thanks for your help, Fabrice. ...

Project's published but couldn't view the impact in data analysis
Hi, I am using Project Server 2007 and MS Project 2007. I have created a new project and published it to the project server, I can see the project in the Project Center. I have created a data analysis view using "Assignement TimePhased" cube and have added project list field as the filter and task list as the row filter. The problem is that the newly created project is not available in this project list field, niether any task is available in the task list field for that project. kindly help. Regards, You have to rebuild the analysis cubes before the pro...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Update Query Problem 01-04-10
I have a continuous form with Filtered records. I want to update a single field for all filtered records showing. My code is updating the current record and not all filtered records. Any help appreciated. Private Sub Update_Click() On Error GoTo Update_Click_Err Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "UPDATE tblData SET tblData.ThreatStatus = 'Closed' WHERE (((tblData.ID)=[Forms].[frmManagebyThreat].[ID]))" DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL Update_Click_Exit: Exit Sub Update_Click_Err: MsgBox Err.description Resume Update_Click_Exit End Sub NEW...

common view on outlook folders AND (local or shared) directories
Hello, does anybody know about a possibility having (local or shared) directories shown in the same window as the outlook folder list? This would make it possible to store emails on a central file share, simply by dragging it from the appropriate outlook folder to the target directory of the file share. I succeeded having a shortcut to the root of the file share within the "outlook shortcuts" (classic shortcut bar on the left, with icons). With this it is already possible to drag emails from the inbox to a file directory. But, all emails are then stored to the root of the files sh...

Updated Field...
If I have some text information in a cell and when that text changes, I want to a date to get updated to today's date, how would I do that? Example: A1 contains text that reads "123456890TEST" A2 is formatted as a date and if I changed the text above to "XYZ" A2 would change to 10.24.05 Think of it like tracking in a way... If something changes in Cell1, update Cell2 with today's date... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:A100" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If No...

Cannot define field more than once. (Error 3191) after shuffling o
Hi I just shuffled the order of fields and added some in a table. Now I cant save it, as it complains with "Cannot define field more than once. (Error 3191)". I think it somehow remembers the first location that a field was in, and then sees the new location and thinks its a duplicate. Andrew, Check very thoroughly that you don't have the exact same field name more than once. Personally I find that this can happen easily when I am playing with new tables and editing table fields. Jeanette Cunningham "Andrew P." <Andrew P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Choosing fields for system integration
I have a question on system integration on selecting "Unused" fields for storing data. Our system for entering tasks, billing, and tracking status on projects has fields that would be nice to have in the Great Plains system. Like the last 4 digits of the phone number or the gps coordinates of an office. Should these types of additions be done in a new table or is the recommended way to piggyback on an existing field that is not currently being used? What are the issues that we might face on future upgrades with either adding new fields or using "unused fields"? As...

how do I view an archived file?
How can I view an archived file and print info from it? Does the archived file have archive in the name? It *could* have Archive in the name and then again it could have *JoAnn* in the name. I don't understand what you mean by an "archived" file? To me, all that is is a copy of the file. Period. Could you give us a little more information? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "martyman2" <martyman2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49630724-D482-4FC2-B796-49C42B81C7D7@microsoft.com... > How can I view an archived file and print in...

Customer Report

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query