Cube building problem!!

hi All,

i have some problem with my ProServer 2003 
ProServer 2003 Sp2
SQL 2000 SP4
when i want to build cube manualy the proces start and i get two errors and 
two warnings in event viewer (when i start processing from analysis menager i 
don't have any errors but after build i don't see NEWest result in portfolio 
analyzer):


1.
Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: 
Additional Information: An error occured calling 
CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
	<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
	<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
	<EntResourceStartDate>1997-02-21T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
	<EntResourceFinishDate>2022-01-14T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
	<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>19970221</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20220114</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>17F9D030-3B5F-4A7C-A746-6728279DADF6</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
</ProjectData>)]]></Description>


2.
Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Error Number: 0x5
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
or argument
Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 

<ViewsDropData>
	<ProjectData>
		<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
		<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
		<EntResourceStartDate>1997-02-21T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
		<EntResourceFinishDate>2022-01-14T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
		<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>19970221</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20220114</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB; 
Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>17F9D030-3B5F-4A7C-A746-6728279DADF6</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
	</ProjectData>
	<OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
	<BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
	<TimeStamp>2010-04-20T14:30:12</TimeStamp>
</ViewsDropData>]]></Description>




3 (warning)
Component: Views Notification Service
File: C:\Office\devsp\project\pcportal\source\viewsnotify\ViewNotify.cpp
Line: 132
Error Number: 0x800a0005
Description: <Description><![CDATA[The views processor failed to process the 
following document:


<ViewsDropData>
	<ProjectData>
		<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
		<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
		<EntResourceStartDate>1997-02-21T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
		<EntResourceFinishDate>2022-01-14T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
		<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>19970221</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20220114</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB; 
Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>17F9D030-3B5F-4A7C-A746-6728279DADF6</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
	</ProjectData>
	<OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
	<BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
	<TimeStamp>2010-04-20T14:30:12</TimeStamp>
</ViewsDropData>]]></Description>




4.warning:
Component: Views Notification Service
File: C:\Office\devsp\project\pcportal\source\viewsnotify\ViewNotify.cpp
Line: 127
Error Number: 0x800a0005
Description: <Description><![CDATA[View scheduler received error while 
scheduling views]]></Description>
___________________________________

Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Error Number: 0x5
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
or argument
Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 

<ViewsDropData>
	<ProjectData>
		<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
		<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
		<EntResourceStartDate>1997-02-21T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
		<EntResourceFinishDate>2022-01-14T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
		<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>19970221</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20220114</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB; 
Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>17F9D030-3B5F-4A7C-A746-6728279DADF6</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
	</ProjectData>
	<OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
	<BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
	<TimeStamp>2010-04-20T14:30:12</TimeStamp>
</ViewsDropData>]]></Description>




when i publish some project plan i have empty VIEWDROP folder + one error:
Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Error Number: 0x5
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
or argument
Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 
<ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA[Support DCK 
2008.Published] 
]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>485</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>737</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-20T15:34:39</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
]]></Description>



what is going on??? 

0
Utf
4/20/2010 1:56:01 PM
project.server 1346 articles. 1 followers. Follow

11 Replies
1106 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

now i want to accept project plan couples of errors:

Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Error Number: 0x5
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
or argument
Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 
<ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA%PROJECTNAME%.Published] 
]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>995</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>905</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-20T16:36:57</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
]]></Description>


0
Utf
4/20/2010 2:41:01 PM
Anyone? Please help me

Should i restore my environment?

0
Utf
4/21/2010 8:07:01 AM
Numen - Have you tried adjusting the date range?  Try reducing the date range 
and see what happens.  It just might be too much data.  The error information 
looks like you are building from 1997 - 2022.  Try 30 days and build.

Let us know what happens.

"numen" wrote:

> Anyone? Please help me
> 
> Should i restore my environment?
> 
0
Utf
4/21/2010 11:16:01 PM
Google "Project Server 2003 Administrator's Guide".  Download this guide

"numen" wrote:

> Anyone? Please help me
> 
> Should i restore my environment?
> 
0
Utf
4/21/2010 11:27:01 PM
doesn't help this same issue 

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		4/22/2010
Time:		10:14:28 AM
User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer:	OFFSRV4805
Description:
Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: 
Additional Information: An error occured calling 
CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
	<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
	<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
	<EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
	<EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
	<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
</ProjectData>)]]></Description>


Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		4/22/2010
Time:		10:14:28 AM
User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer:	OFFSRV4805
Description:
Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Error Number: 0x5
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
or argument
Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 

<ViewsDropData>
	<ProjectData>
		<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
		<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
		<EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
		<EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
		<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB; 
Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
	</ProjectData>
	<OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
	<BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
	<TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
</ViewsDropData>]]></Description>



0
Utf
4/22/2010 8:21:01 AM
Numen - What has changed since the last successful build?  Are you able to 
publish? The "Views Notification Service" may not be configured correctly. 
From the error messages, it looks like the service identity is "NT 
AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE".  Make sure the "Views Notification Service" 
identity has the correct file permissions to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\  folder.  
I hope that this helps

"numen" wrote:

> doesn't help this same issue 
> 
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	2
> Date:		4/22/2010
> Time:		10:14:28 AM
> User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> Computer:	OFFSRV4805
> Description:
> Component: PCSViews
> File: ViewsDrop.cls
> Line: -1
> Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: 
> Additional Information: An error occured calling 
> CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
> 	<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> 	<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> 	<EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> 	<EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> 	<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
> Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
> Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> </ProjectData>)]]></Description>
> 
> 
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	2
> Date:		4/22/2010
> Time:		10:14:28 AM
> User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> Computer:	OFFSRV4805
> Description:
> Component: PCSViews
> File: ViewsDrop.cls
> Line: -1
> Error Number: 0x5
> Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
> or argument
> Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 
> 
> <ViewsDropData>
> 	<ProjectData>
> 		<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> 		<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> 		<EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> 		<EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> 		<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB; 
> Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
> Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
> Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
> Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> 	</ProjectData>
> 	<OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
> 	<BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
> 	<TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
> </ViewsDropData>]]></Description>
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
4/22/2010 3:53:01 PM
yes i'm able to publish but i have one error msg after publishing 
i don't know why but my viewdrop folder is always empty??!!.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		4/23/2010
Time:		8:42:39 AM
User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer:	compname
Description:
Component: PCSViews
File: ViewsDrop.cls
Line: -1
Error Number: 0x5
Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
or argument
Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 
<ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA[PROJECTNAME.Published] 
]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>485</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>737</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-23T08:42:39</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
]]></Description>






"Gerard Wojcik" wrote:

> Numen - What has changed since the last successful build?  Are you able to 
> publish? The "Views Notification Service" may not be configured correctly. 
> From the error messages, it looks like the service identity is "NT 
> AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE".  Make sure the "Views Notification Service" 
> identity has the correct file permissions to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
> Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\  folder.  
> I hope that this helps
> 
> "numen" wrote:
> 
> > doesn't help this same issue 
> > 
> > Event Type:	Error
> > Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> > Event Category:	None
> > Event ID:	2
> > Date:		4/22/2010
> > Time:		10:14:28 AM
> > User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> > Computer:	OFFSRV4805
> > Description:
> > Component: PCSViews
> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> > Line: -1
> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: 
> > Additional Information: An error occured calling 
> > CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
> > 	<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> > 	<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> > 	<EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> > 	<EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> > 	<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> > </ProjectData>)]]></Description>
> > 
> > 
> > Event Type:	Error
> > Event Source:	Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> > Event Category:	None
> > Event ID:	2
> > Date:		4/22/2010
> > Time:		10:14:28 AM
> > User:		NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> > Computer:	OFFSRV4805
> > Description:
> > Component: PCSViews
> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> > Line: -1
> > Error Number: 0x5
> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure call 
> > or argument
> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :- 
> > 
> > <ViewsDropData>
> > 	<ProjectData>
> > 		<EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> > 		<EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> > 		<EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> > 		<EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> > 		<BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB; 
> > Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
> > Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist 
> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data 
> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> > 	</ProjectData>
> > 	<OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
> > 	<BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
> > 	<TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
> > </ViewsDropData>]]></Description>
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
4/23/2010 6:47:02 AM
Numen:

What is the name of Project with the ID#485? Does the project name perhaps 
contain non alphanumeric characters such as a dash (-) or ampersand (&) or 
some other characters like that?

-- 
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com

"numen" <numen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9D858D35-B44A-4E4C-932A-150692A3A508@microsoft.com...
> yes i'm able to publish but i have one error msg after publishing
> i don't know why but my viewdrop folder is always empty??!!.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 2
> Date: 4/23/2010
> Time: 8:42:39 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> Computer: compname
> Description:
> Component: PCSViews
> File: ViewsDrop.cls
> Line: -1
> Error Number: 0x5
> Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure 
> call
> or argument
> Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :-
> <ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA[PROJECTNAME.Published]
> ]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>485</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>737</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-23T08:42:39</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
> ]]></Description>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Gerard Wojcik" wrote:
>
>> Numen - What has changed since the last successful build?  Are you able 
>> to
>> publish? The "Views Notification Service" may not be configured 
>> correctly.
>> From the error messages, it looks like the service identity is "NT
>> AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE".  Make sure the "Views Notification Service"
>> identity has the correct file permissions to the C:\Program 
>> Files\Microsoft
>> Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\  folder.
>> I hope that this helps
>>
>> "numen" wrote:
>>
>> > doesn't help this same issue
>> >
>> > Event Type: Error
>> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 2
>> > Date: 4/22/2010
>> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
>> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
>> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
>> > Description:
>> > Component: PCSViews
>> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
>> > Line: -1
>> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information:
>> > Additional Information: An error occured calling
>> > CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
>> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
>> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
>> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
>> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
>> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
>> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
>> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
>> > </ProjectData>)]]></Description>
>> >
>> >
>> > Event Type: Error
>> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 2
>> > Date: 4/22/2010
>> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
>> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
>> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
>> > Description:
>> > Component: PCSViews
>> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
>> > Line: -1
>> > Error Number: 0x5
>> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure 
>> > call
>> > or argument
>> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view 
>> > :-
>> >
>> > <ViewsDropData>
>> > <ProjectData>
>> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
>> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
>> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
>> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
>> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB;
>> > Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
>> > Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
>> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
>> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
>> > </ProjectData>
>> > <OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
>> > <BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
>> > <TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
>> > </ViewsDropData>]]></Description>
>> >
>> >
>> > 
0
Gary
4/23/2010 1:12:38 PM
no - project name is Support 2008

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Numen:
> 
> What is the name of Project with the ID#485? Does the project name perhaps 
> contain non alphanumeric characters such as a dash (-) or ampersand (&) or 
> some other characters like that?
> 
> -- 
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
> 
> "numen" <numen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9D858D35-B44A-4E4C-932A-150692A3A508@microsoft.com...
> > yes i'm able to publish but i have one error msg after publishing
> > i don't know why but my viewdrop folder is always empty??!!.
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 2
> > Date: 4/23/2010
> > Time: 8:42:39 AM
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> > Computer: compname
> > Description:
> > Component: PCSViews
> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> > Line: -1
> > Error Number: 0x5
> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure 
> > call
> > or argument
> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :-
> > <ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA[PROJECTNAME.Published]
> > ]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>485</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>737</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-23T08:42:39</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
> > ]]></Description>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Gerard Wojcik" wrote:
> >
> >> Numen - What has changed since the last successful build?  Are you able 
> >> to
> >> publish? The "Views Notification Service" may not be configured 
> >> correctly.
> >> From the error messages, it looks like the service identity is "NT
> >> AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE".  Make sure the "Views Notification Service"
> >> identity has the correct file permissions to the C:\Program 
> >> Files\Microsoft
> >> Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\  folder.
> >> I hope that this helps
> >>
> >> "numen" wrote:
> >>
> >> > doesn't help this same issue
> >> >
> >> > Event Type: Error
> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 2
> >> > Date: 4/22/2010
> >> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
> >> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> >> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
> >> > Description:
> >> > Component: PCSViews
> >> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> >> > Line: -1
> >> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information:
> >> > Additional Information: An error occured calling
> >> > CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
> >> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> >> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> >> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> >> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> >> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
> >> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> >> > </ProjectData>)]]></Description>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Event Type: Error
> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 2
> >> > Date: 4/22/2010
> >> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
> >> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> >> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
> >> > Description:
> >> > Component: PCSViews
> >> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> >> > Line: -1
> >> > Error Number: 0x5
> >> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure 
> >> > call
> >> > or argument
> >> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view 
> >> > :-
> >> >
> >> > <ViewsDropData>
> >> > <ProjectData>
> >> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> >> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> >> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> >> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> >> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB;
> >> > Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
> >> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> >> > </ProjectData>
> >> > <OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
> >> > <BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
> >> > <TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
> >> > </ViewsDropData>]]></Description>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 
0
Utf
4/23/2010 1:39:01 PM
Gary - any others suggestion ???




"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Numen:
> 
> What is the name of Project with the ID#485? Does the project name perhaps 
> contain non alphanumeric characters such as a dash (-) or ampersand (&) or 
> some other characters like that?
> 
> -- 
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
> 
> "numen" <numen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9D858D35-B44A-4E4C-932A-150692A3A508@microsoft.com...
> > yes i'm able to publish but i have one error msg after publishing
> > i don't know why but my viewdrop folder is always empty??!!.
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 2
> > Date: 4/23/2010
> > Time: 8:42:39 AM
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> > Computer: compname
> > Description:
> > Component: PCSViews
> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> > Line: -1
> > Error Number: 0x5
> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure 
> > call
> > or argument
> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view :-
> > <ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA[PROJECTNAME.Published]
> > ]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>485</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>737</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-23T08:42:39</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
> > ]]></Description>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Gerard Wojcik" wrote:
> >
> >> Numen - What has changed since the last successful build?  Are you able 
> >> to
> >> publish? The "Views Notification Service" may not be configured 
> >> correctly.
> >> From the error messages, it looks like the service identity is "NT
> >> AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE".  Make sure the "Views Notification Service"
> >> identity has the correct file permissions to the C:\Program 
> >> Files\Microsoft
> >> Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\  folder.
> >> I hope that this helps
> >>
> >> "numen" wrote:
> >>
> >> > doesn't help this same issue
> >> >
> >> > Event Type: Error
> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 2
> >> > Date: 4/22/2010
> >> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
> >> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> >> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
> >> > Description:
> >> > Component: PCSViews
> >> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> >> > Line: -1
> >> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information:
> >> > Additional Information: An error occured calling
> >> > CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
> >> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> >> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> >> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> >> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> >> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
> >> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> >> > </ProjectData>)]]></Description>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Event Type: Error
> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
> >> > Event Category: None
> >> > Event ID: 2
> >> > Date: 4/22/2010
> >> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
> >> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
> >> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
> >> > Description:
> >> > Component: PCSViews
> >> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
> >> > Line: -1
> >> > Error Number: 0x5
> >> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure 
> >> > call
> >> > or argument
> >> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view 
> >> > :-
> >> >
> >> > <ViewsDropData>
> >> > <ProjectData>
> >> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
> >> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
> >> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
> >> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
> >> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB;
> >> > Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
> >> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
> >> > </ProjectData>
> >> > <OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
> >> > <BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
> >> > <TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
> >> > </ViewsDropData>]]></Description>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 
0
Utf
4/23/2010 2:19:02 PM
Sometimes those errors indicated bad data. There's no real good way to tell 
without a deep dive into SQL Profiler. Sometimes it's caused by bad 
character data like special characters, sometimes with binary record 
corruption. You can try this therapy as well:

http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/BinaryRebuild.aspx

-- 
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com

"numen" <numen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D38C2422-32EC-4E47-8944-BEBD82AF1096@microsoft.com...
> Gary - any others suggestion ???
>
>
>
>
> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Numen:
>>
>> What is the name of Project with the ID#485? Does the project name 
>> perhaps
>> contain non alphanumeric characters such as a dash (-) or ampersand (&) 
>> or
>> some other characters like that?
>>
>> -- 
>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "numen" <numen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9D858D35-B44A-4E4C-932A-150692A3A508@microsoft.com...
>> > yes i'm able to publish but i have one error msg after publishing
>> > i don't know why but my viewdrop folder is always empty??!!.
>> >
>> > Event Type: Error
>> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 2
>> > Date: 4/23/2010
>> > Time: 8:42:39 AM
>> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
>> > Computer: compname
>> > Description:
>> > Component: PCSViews
>> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
>> > Line: -1
>> > Error Number: 0x5
>> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid procedure
>> > call
>> > or argument
>> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following view 
>> > :-
>> > <ViewsDropData><ProjectData><EntProjectName><![CDATA[PROJECTNAME.Published]
>> > ]></EntProjectName><EntProjectID>485</EntProjectID></ProjectData><OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid><ProjectID>737</ProjectID><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><TimeStamp>2010-04-23T08:42:39</TimeStamp></ViewsDropData>
>> > ]]></Description>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Gerard Wojcik" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Numen - What has changed since the last successful build?  Are you 
>> >> able
>> >> to
>> >> publish? The "Views Notification Service" may not be configured
>> >> correctly.
>> >> From the error messages, it looks like the service identity is "NT
>> >> AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE".  Make sure the "Views Notification Service"
>> >> identity has the correct file permissions to the C:\Program
>> >> Files\Microsoft
>> >> Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\  folder.
>> >> I hope that this helps
>> >>
>> >> "numen" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > doesn't help this same issue
>> >> >
>> >> > Event Type: Error
>> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
>> >> > Event Category: None
>> >> > Event ID: 2
>> >> > Date: 4/22/2010
>> >> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
>> >> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
>> >> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
>> >> > Description:
>> >> > Component: PCSViews
>> >> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
>> >> > Line: -1
>> >> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information:
>> >> > Additional Information: An error occured calling
>> >> > CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData>
>> >> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
>> >> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
>> >> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
>> >> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
>> >> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
>> >> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
>> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
>> >> > </ProjectData>)]]></Description>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > Event Type: Error
>> >> > Event Source: Microsoft Project Server Tracing Eventlog Provider
>> >> > Event Category: None
>> >> > Event ID: 2
>> >> > Date: 4/22/2010
>> >> > Time: 10:14:28 AM
>> >> > User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
>> >> > Computer: OFFSRV4805
>> >> > Description:
>> >> > Component: PCSViews
>> >> > File: ViewsDrop.cls
>> >> > Line: -1
>> >> > Error Number: 0x5
>> >> > Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Invalid 
>> >> > procedure
>> >> > call
>> >> > or argument
>> >> > Additional Information: An error occured processing the following 
>> >> > view
>> >> > :-
>> >> >
>> >> > <ViewsDropData>
>> >> > <ProjectData>
>> >> > <EntProjectName><![CDATA[resglobal] ]></EntProjectName>
>> >> > <EntResourceIDList>*</EntResourceIDList>
>> >> > <EntResourceStartDate>2010-02-01T00:00:00</EntResourceStartDate>
>> >> > <EntResourceFinishDate>2010-09-01T00:00:00</EntResourceFinishDate>
>> >> > <BuildCubeRequest><CubeUpdate><CubeStart>20100315</CubeStart><CubeFinish>20100422</CubeFinish><Connection>Provider=SQLOLEDB;
>> >> > Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
>> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</Connection><DBType>0</DBType><DSOConnection>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist
>> >> > Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=ProjectServer;Data
>> >> > Source=10.48.0.11</DSOConnection><Server>offsrv4805</Server><CubeDB>Project</CubeDB><CubeDesc></CubeDesc><BasePath>projectserver</BasePath><CubeGUID>8B26FE51-6524-4E35-B4CF-21841DED1B51</CubeGUID></CubeUpdate></BuildCubeRequest>
>> >> > </ProjectData>
>> >> > <OrgGuid>projectserver</OrgGuid>
>> >> > <BasePath>projectserver</BasePath>
>> >> > <TimeStamp>2010-04-22T10:14:28</TimeStamp>
>> >> > </ViewsDropData>]]></Description>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > 
0
Gary
4/23/2010 8:24:39 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

WebDeployment Project Build Configuration
I have a solution which in Configuration Manager I have Debug, Test, Release configured for a website. When I create a webdeployment project, the only configuration that gets created is Debug and Release. How do I get a Test configuration to display in the WebDeployment Project property page? Hi Chuck, This issue cannot be reproduced. Here are my test steps: 1. Open the Configuration Manager in VS2008. 2. Add a new configuration named 'Test'. 3. Copy settings from 'Debug'. 4. Make sure the CheckBox "Create new project configurations" as true. ...

how to build the sourcecode of CRT as a static lib?
i try to compile the source code, which is under vistual studio 98 (on my pc, it locates in the folder D:\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\CRT\SRC), as a static library. coz some c libraries conflict with it, and i need some functions in it. so i need a static lib of crt. who can help me? any help with appreciation. ...

LoadImage and Shell_NotifyIcon problem...
Hi all. I�m trying to load icon from file using LoadImage and add that icon to system tray. However, seems like the LoadImage doesn�t work properly because Shell_NotifyIcon doesn�t work with that icon. I tried with application icon (AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDR_MAINFRAME) and everything works normally. I used the following code to load image: return (HICON)::LoadImage(NULL, lpszFileName, IMAGE_ICON, 16, 16, LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); I tested that code in test application and icon is displayed properly. Icon on the disk has 32bit colors and size is 16x16, if it matters at all....

OLAP cubes
Hi, since everyone running GP has the same data structure tables, I imagine some company out there has built olap cubes for GP to do data mining. Looking for recommendations. Thanks. Michelle Hi Michelle, Microsoft has its own OLAP cube solution integrated to Dynamics which is called 'Analysis Cube for Excel'. I would suggest that you contact your Business Solution provider and talk about your needs. Have a great day, Beat -- +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ B. Bucher Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin www.fti-ibis.com +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ "mickieparis" <mickieparis@gmail.co...

Problem with transform XSL that incude asp.net controls
I have an xsl file that transforms an XML document and outputs it to my web page. The xsl file is also creating LinkButtons and they appear on the page. However, I cannot get the linkbutton click event to fire for these controls. My page load event looks like the following: Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim sbrAssemblies As New StringBuilder sbrAssemblies.Append("<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>") sbrAssemblies.Append("<assemblies>") Dim dtAs...

Building Math Graphs in Excel
Hi. During the process of building different math graphs, I was confronted with some difficulties. The task is to build a graph of math function *y=1/x*, the graph of this function represents *hyperbola*. I cant understand how to build it. It seems to me that there is no *asymptotes* in Excel. And do u have any ideas how to build it in Excel? P.S. Sorry if my English is bad. -- RussianBoy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RussianBoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33538 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Problem with GetProfileString
I was initially using GetPrivateProfileString. But when i compiled the same application using embedded visual c++. It is giving errors. Now when i went through the documentation it said i can use GetProfileString instead. Now i m not very clear about the parameters it is taking. i.e this function brings value from which ini file. The syntax is as follows. String GetProfileString( LPCTSTR lpszSection, LPCTSTR lpszEntry, LPCTSTR lpszDefault = NULL ); Parameters lpszSection Profile section name. lpszEntry Profile entry name. lpszDefault Default return value if specified section/entry ...

Combo Box Problems
I have created a combo box that uses a query to select a record. In this combo box is the client first, last, & middle names. Also the client address city & address number. Some clients have multiple property addresses and city related to there names. If I chose a name from the list of names & addresses it will pull up that record in the form. My problem is if there are two last names that are the same but the addresses are different the combo box will only allow me to select the first last name in this instance Johnson in Riverside but will not allow me to s...

A New Law Could Change the Way You Build Database Applications
Normally I wouldn't post a URL for an article not specifically for Access, but I know there are programmers out there with employee or customer databases in Access: Massachusetts recently passed a sweeping new data security law that will have a profound impact on the way the United States, and perhaps the rest of the world, manages and develops data-centric applications .. Here are the basics of the new law. If you have personally identifiable information (PII) about a Massachusetts resident, such as a first and last name, then you have to encrypt that data on the wire an...

richedit2 mfc problem?
Good morning, I try using richedit2 under Visual Studio 2003 but i have problem run it. I only add this control from toolbar menu to my dialog box ,but when i give compile it aplication out...not show compiled dialog box and one error...The program '[3076] sk4.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0). all another control object works fine...only richedit2 made problem.... in old version visual studio 6 and net works too richedit without problem Is there something what i must add? Thanks Zidek ...

still problem in Exchange server 2003
Dear All, I was posted the below message before some days and infact unfortunately no solution tell now the new thing I want to say that the problem solved for 3 days and come back again without any changing also I want to say that the queue nothing strainge in it except that our message status is alot of them have " Retry" and the result is failur and the log of my event viewer has a lot of event :The connection was dropped by the remote host.as below and I don't want to reinstall my alone exchange server 2003. so please Help by details even it diffecult but it will be sooooooo...

Building Windows Explorer From Scratch
A few months ago, the boss recommended our organization come up with a 'prioritized' software package which will increase productivity. However, no funds are currently available to develop this concept, which led him to ping us for in-house talent. I volunteered to give it a shot, since I had taken a few classes in 'old-school' programming years ago (Fortran, Pascal, C). Although there is no time constaint, I had hoped to be delivering a rough prototype by now instead of posting yet another �Help Me - I Don't Know Which Way Is Up!� post (as if this group is not already o...

Failed to build the OLAP cubes. Error:
Hi Guys, I am using three server in my implementation( 1 Web frontend + 1 APP server + 1 SQL Server 2008 DB ),when i was trying to build OLAP cubes from PWA i am getting the following error and i have verified every settings and permissions its fine. I have installed all DSO components from latest update and i have verified ports also its working fine. please help me in resolve this issue or identify the problem where it is? [4/19/2010 4:42 PM] Verifying and running pre-build server event handler ===== Determining database and cube structure ===== [4/19/2010 4:42 PM] Cube b...

WORD : problem in normal.dotm ?
I am recently facing the follwoing problem : whenever I start a new word document, the new document has lost the standard header and footer margins, and cusror is on the top left corner of the doc. I have deleted the normal.dotm document form the templates directory, word has created a new onebut still theproblem is there. Are there any ideas how this can be cured back to real normal ? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups t...

DST Problem?
Hi, I have a problem with my Exchange Server, all meetings are 1hr ahead. This is what I did and I am wondering if there is a way to fix this. I first update a registry entry in Windows 2000 then I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003 applied all patches to Exchange and Service pack 2. I am wondering why did this happen and how could i fix the problem. Thank you, G. Spiro Did you rebase existing appointments in extended DST period? http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: ...

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
Sometimes when one of my programs or some other program on my machine crashes, a error message pops up that says: "... has encountered a problem and needs to close" "Please tell Microsoft about this problem." Then there are two buttons labeled: "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send". Is there something I can do, so this type of message never appears on my machine? Run Linux? Seriously, this is just part of the built-in behavior of what happens when a program crashes. If you were a commercial vendor, you could subscribe to an error reporting s...

outlook express spell check problem
I have outlook express (running under XP professional). I get an error message every tme I try to do a spell check. I have checked all the options under tolls, options, spell check, but when the spell check runs I get an error message and it does not correct any spelling errors. I was looking for some help. Thanks Bill This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplore...

Problem with IE
I am trying to open internet explorer on a windows vista computer and when I do it asks to choose a program to rule the file: iexplore.exe. It provides as an option internet explorer, which when clicked then states choose a programme to run the file: ssvagent.exe. This process keeps repeating. The alternative is to open it with google chrome which enables me to access the internet, but auromatically tries to download iexplore.exe. I've tried to download this, and ccleaner and mozilla but can not run any of them as it asks me to choose a program to run these. It's a fru...

Problems with CRM 4.0 and tabbed browsing
I just upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. I had thought that problems experienced with IE 7 and tabbed browsing with 3.0 had been fixed for 4.0. Maybe not. When I try to open an Account it takes a couple of minutes to finish loading. This happens also with Contacts. It seems that Activities, Quotes, Orders load quite quickly. Anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas on what is causing it? Thanks, -Rick M. What makes you suspect that this is related to tabbed browsing? Do accounts and contacts open faster for you if you turn off tabbed browsing in IE7? -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http...

Formula to Build IP Address List
I'm trying to build a filter list for spam blocking. I have foreight IP lists from ARIN.net. I have broken down the list into 8 columns: StartA, StartB, StartC, StartD, EndA, EndB, EndC and EndD to reflect the starting and ending IP address structure of the block I want to filter. StartA StartB StartC StartD EndA EndB EndC EndD58 2 0 0 58 2 255 25558 3 0 058 3 127 25558 3 128 0 58 3 255 25558 4 0 0 58 5 255 25558 7 0 0 58 7 127 255I'd like to use some sort of IF statement in the next column to determine how I can consolidate the sequences. Obviously if I'm going to block 58....

refresh offline cube
I created a offine Cube using MSQUERY. No I want refresh=20 the cube. But I receive alway a the Error Message "Die=20 Clientsicherheitsoptionen erm=F6glichen keine Pass-Through- Anweisungen f=FCr die Datenquelle". This means in=20 English: "The Securityoptions of the Client does not=20 allow Pass-Through Instructions for this Datasource". How=20 can I change this Options???. I am using MS Office 2003 and Win XP Pro with latest=20 updates. Thank you in advance for any Help. rgds. Robert ...

Challanging Problem
Hello everyone, I have a client who is encountering the following behaviour in their old (Exchange 2000) and upgraded (Exchange 2003 SP2, new server approach and mailboxes moved from old server): Every time exchange is rebooted or the service restarted, users receive emails or email receipts going back to 2-3 months. Note that these emails have already been received before and already show up in the DB as has been read by user at a specific time stamp. Background: - A case was open with PSS with Exchange 2000 with no resolution then put on hold hoping upgrade to 2003 would fix it. ...

Installation Problem with 10.0
I am having an issue installing GP 10.0 on our client machines. I have it installed on our server and up and running but am getting the following message when trying to install on the clients. "Error" "ProductInfo,Product,Attribute" I am always getting this after we get to the ODBC section and it asks us for the server name. We have entered the same of our new server and also the name of the server that GP is using when running on the new server. (For some reason on the new server you have to call it server Dynamics GP instead of the name we gave our new server). Ca...

OWA authentication problem #4
I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA. One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets Access Denied. It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd. Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end? He's got XP Home so I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it. Tim Is he allowed by Exhaange to use OWA? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina O...

Off-line problem
POS RMS 1.3.0203 setting up an additional lane with off-line database.. Everything works as it should synch when off-line , etc .. however on this lane the tender type of the change returned to a customer is gift certificate and not cash? No matter if I'm online of offline mode? What did I do wrong? Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0344_01C6F83E.1DAE2290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dan, Manager | File | Configuration | Tender tab | change Default Change = Tender to ...