Controling READ ONLY and READ/WRITE mode when opening a project PS

Hello All,
I was looking for a way to force users to select between READ ONLY and
READ/WRITE instead of it defaulting to READ/WRITE when opening projects in MS
Project 2007. Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric --

Short of using custom software development, there is no way to force this
issue with your PMs.  If you want to try the custom software development
route, then please repost your message in the
microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup.  Otherwise, make this a
training and performance issue with your PMs.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Eric_H" <EricH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I was looking for a way to force users to select between READ ONLY and
> READ/WRITE instead of it defaulting to READ/WRITE when opening projects in
> MS
> Project 2007. Any suggestions would be a huge help.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

0
Dale

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Where do Write-In Products go after you create them?
When I create a quote and wish to add a new product and set the price from within the CRM GUI, I use "write-in" products. After I do this, I can see them in that quote, but they do not appear to any available product list. Is there a way to display the Write-In products? This actually is stored as a part of the QuoteDetail. The write in product is specific to that quote only. Sean Fullerton "TurboCAT" <myles@twitch.ca> wrote in message news:9867cf87.0406161146.2e4e9fda@posting.google.com... > When I create a quote and wish to add a new product and set the pri...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

help. i can write an email but have no idea how to send it in mic.
anyone who can please help me send an email by microsoft outlook 2003 please help. so far all i can do is write a draft and have absolutley no idea where to go from there to actually send off the email. thankyou natalie wrote: || anyone who can please help me send an email by microsoft outlook || 2003 please help. so far all i can do is write a draft and have || absolutley no idea where to go from there to actually send off the || email. thankyou Try pressing "Send"? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Hello Nat...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

problems reading email
I have a yahoo email account sychronized to Outlook. =20 Several bizarre things are happening: Occasional emails from Lotus Notes users appear as=20 garbled text (like this for example: = azj'{+hj&#1874;'$Vz)&#52585;ej&#1576;j. &#1832;^j&#485;z&#1630; ). The emails when read using the web interface = (yahoo, internet explorer) are fine. Emails sent to one site (again Lotus Notes) in particular=20 are switching the Sender and Receiver - they come back to=20 me as if from the other person, but it is just my=20 original message. This happens only sporadically ...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

cannot open email attachments
After I open a message with an attachment I get a message that says file is corrupt. If I right-click on the message BEFORE I open it and click on View attachment it opens fine. Why does it give me the corrupt message when I try to double-click the attachment after opening the message? ...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Change Reading Pane and Arrange by Groups DEFAULT
I'm frequently creating new folders in OL2003 SP2, and each new folder is - by default - created with Reading Pane turned on, and Arrange by Groups turned on. I don't want either. Is there some way for me to change the default so I don't have to manualy change it every time? customize the default view - http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: ...

Opening Links in Safari
Is there a preferences pane I'm missing that would allow me to set Office (especially Entourage) to open embedded hyperlinks (in email, documents, etc.) in Safari, rather than in IE 5.2? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Carroll Wills Office just picks up the setting from the OS. For some ridiculous reason, the OS setting is controlled from Safari's preferences. Set the default browser there, and Office will call that one instead. On 11/28/05 11:20 AM, "Carroll Wills" wrote: > > Is there a preferences pane I'm missing that would allow me to set &g...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

Publisher 2003 can't open files after install XP SP3!!!?? #2
Hi, I have strange problem with publisher 2003 sp3. After install Windows XP SP3 I can't open most of my files. Error massage "Publisher cannot open the file" or therw is an error in mspub.exe.. I try on other computer with Sp3 in my office and it is the same problem. On compuer without Sp3 to XP PRO publisher seems to work fine with all of my files. Office is updated with latest patch form office.microsoft.com. Do you have any idea what is wrong ?:) Regards, Moophone Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.micro...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Open PopUp form with criteria from Subform and criteria in Main fo
Hi all, I have a main form called LOC_maintenance, a subform called Frm_MultActSelect and a Popup form called Frm_LUComplianceHistory. The LOC_Maintenance forms fields are as follows: LOC_GPO (a combo box) GPO_Name (autofills based on =Column(1) of LOC_GPO) Group_Prod_Cat (Autofills based on Column(2) of LOC_GPO) Subform Frm_MultActSelect is a datasheet form that allows users to add accounts that are affiliated with LOC_GPO from a tbl_account_Master and has a combo box field named LOCAct_AccountNo. All other field on this form autofill based on LOCAct_AccountNo entered. The Popup fo...

SQL 2005 attemted to read or write protected memory.
When we works on the SQL server itself with the SQL Server Manager, we receive regular the following error message: attemted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Google find the following for me, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926421/, but this update is for a 32 bit environment. Do one of you know a solution for me, or tell me where I can find the 64bits hotfix? What is the version of SQL Server you are working on? Memory? OS? "Sent and receive mail SBS2008" <SentandreceivemailSBS2008@disc...

How can i open .htm file in Outlook2003
Dear All, I install a Windows XP and Office 2003 (with outlook 2003). After that, I update the Windows SP2. I cannot open .htm file as normal. The .htm was become a attachment and cannot open after double click the file . Can any bosy help ? I think you should have a look at Outlook 2003 security options. Karim Outlook security doesn't block .htm files by default.=20 What happens when you double-click the attached .htm file? If you save = it to your hard drive, can you open the saved copy?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http:...

Controls coordinates
Hi everyone, Could somebody give me a simple example of getting a controls coordinates and then using them to put the control back where it was. So basicaly the control hasn't moved. Here's what I'm doing: m_cQuality.GetWindowRect(&qualityRC); ClientToScreen(&qualityRC); // int temp=qualityRC.Height(); // qualityRC.top=unyteRC.bottom-temp; // qualityRC.right=qualityRC.Width(); // qualityRC.left=0; // qualityRC.bottom=qualityRC.top+temp; // m_cQuality.MoveWindow(&qualityRC); m_cQuality.SetWindowPos(this, qualityRC.left, qualityRC.top, qualityRC.Width(), qualityRC.He...