Applied Task Update Requests and Errors into project plan

Using MS Project Server 2007 and Timesheets.

I have several task updates that were cancelled in the Queue.  They now
display in PWA Task Updates page in the Applied Requests and Errors view as
"X" errors.  each task is labeled as accepted by the PM.

How do I get these to push into the project plan or back to the task updates
page to re-approve?  I tried using the Sync Protected Actuals feature in the
plan, but nothing happen.
--
Mike F

Mike --

I think you need to ask the team members to resubmit their updates so that
the PMs can reapprove them.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Mike Fisher" <MikeFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using MS Project Server 2007 and Timesheets.
>
> I have several task updates that were cancelled in the Queue.  They now
> display in PWA Task Updates page in the Applied Requests and Errors view
> as
> "X" errors.  each task is labeled as accepted by the PM.
>
> How do I get these to push into the project plan or back to the task
> updates
> page to re-approve?  I tried using the Sync Protected Actuals feature in
> the
> plan, but nothing happen.
> --
> Mike F

0
Dale
3/5/2010 9:49:08 PM
That is unfortunate.  I will try this and see if the updates are resent.

Thank you Dale.
--
Mike Fisher, MBA, PMP

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> Mike --
>
> I think you need to ask the team members to resubmit their updates so that
> the PMs can reapprove them.  Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Mike Fisher" <MikeFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using MS Project Server 2007 and Timesheets.
> >
> > I have several task updates that were cancelled in the Queue.  They now
> > display in PWA Task Updates page in the Applied Requests and Errors view
> > as
> > "X" errors.  each task is labeled as accepted by the PM.
> >
> > How do I get these to push into the project plan or back to the task
> > updates
> > page to re-approve?  I tried using the Sync Protected Actuals feature in
> > the
> > plan, but nothing happen.
> > --
> > Mike F

Mike --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend.  :)

--

> That is unfortunate.  I will try this and see if the updates are resent.
>
> Thank you Dale.
> --
> Mike Fisher, MBA, PMP
>

> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Mike --
>>
>> I think you need to ask the team members to resubmit their updates so
>> that
>> the PMs can reapprove them.  Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Mike Fisher" <MikeFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using MS Project Server 2007 and Timesheets.
>> >
>> > I have several task updates that were cancelled in the Queue.  They now
>> > display in PWA Task Updates page in the Applied Requests and Errors
>> > view
>> > as
>> > "X" errors.  each task is labeled as accepted by the PM.
>> >
>> > How do I get these to push into the project plan or back to the task
>> > updates
>> > page to re-approve?  I tried using the Sync Protected Actuals feature
>> > in
>> > the
>> > plan, but nothing happen.
>> > --
>> > Mike F

0
Dale

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Parameter criteria when updating Pivot Table?
Hi, My data is stored in data.xls. In my pivot table file (pivot.xls), I'd set parameter values for querying data from data.xls using Start Date and End Date in the 1st worksheet, so that I won't have to import everything. After that, i'd update my pivot table as usual in the 2nd worksheet. However, i've found this to be rather inconvenient. Is there any way where I can specify the parameters immediately while I update the pivot table? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mes...

Currency Reporting error
I recently reported the error in tax-capital gains report of foreign investments for Money2004 Canadian edition. While MSFT support team acknowledges the bug, which is reproduceable, they provide no response as to when, if the problem will be resolved. What's the point in the support system if problems are not resolved? Time to try Quicken? Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support Services. My name is May and I will be assisting you with this service request. After viewing the case log, my understanding is that the capital gains are calculated incorrectly if t...

Sort Order of Update Query
I have two tables and I am updating columns in one from data in another one. PnList table has a columns named as follows Pn 09950 10140 10240 020-989-014 020-989-015 020-989-016 020-989-017 step02 table as columns named Pn Shpef Socd sorted ascend ascend dedend 020-989-017 09950 ZD 020-989-017 09950 PD 020-989-017 10140 ZD 020-989-017 10140 PD 020-989-017 10240 ZD 020-989-017 10240 PD I am joining by the PN colum and selecting a value in Shpef and putting the Socd value in the columns 0995 10140 and so on...

Can't find project or library
I started doing a tutorial from the Microsoft site on macros, but didn't complete it (I downloaded the tutorial, but hadn't begun writing a macro). However, since I worked in that tutorial, I have been getting the above error message in every Excel worksheet I try to enter a cell reference into. For example, if I enter a reference to another cell on another worksheet, the error message appears every time. How can I make this stop? Tracey, You say you're doing a macro, but you also say you're putting a cell reference into a worksheet. ??? This could mean one of a few th...

1099s
Hello, Does anyone know how to manually update the 1099 amount? I tried doing what Christina suggested: Purchasing>>Cards>>1099 Details, but I'm unable to change the amount. Also, how can I change fields if, for example, the amount is in the wrong field, it should be "other income" and it's in "royalties." thanks! ana In order to change the amount of the 1099, you have to make sure that the "display is on a month and not on the year. As far as updating a 1099 amount...this can be done under utilities, update 1099 information. Change the f...

Problem after updating Microsoft Office on my Mac
So I'm having a HUGE problem with Microsoft Office. I've had the Student addition, purchased it in a store, and have been using it since without any issues. Just yesterday, it told me I needed to download an update for it in the System Update. Well it downloaded without a problem, however during the installation it stalled and never completed. When I turned my computer back on, and did the System Update again, it said that my system was completely up to date. However, now the only too things in my Microsoft Office folder is PowerPoint and Excel. The other applications can not be locate...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Re: capturing MS error messages/logs electronically
To Whom it may Concern: It's always perturbed me that when you get a system error, you're not able to "capture" it (copy and paste) so you can save it in a file somewhere -- and report it (not to mention share it in email, etc.) in feedback to the powerrs that be, so that they can better help you fix your system. You have to sit there and write down by hand all the complicated hexadecimal mumbo-jumbo! Why doesn't Microsoft allow that? (I just had a system error, and when I clicked on the various links to the actual "raw data" error messages, I couldn...

Change Request XML example from Chapter 3 in Training material
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance. I recently took the CRM bootcamp and I was preparing for my last certification test when I read in chapter 3 about the change request custom entity. Is this xml file in either of the vpc images or available on MSFT somewhere? Thanks, Erik ...

Task Dates in notification email are different than in the schedul
Has anyone ever seen the dates in a notification email for a task, showing different dates than in the schedule? I have a situation where the start date in the notification email (Feb. 15) is 7 days later for the task that is in the actual schedule (Feb. 8); the finish dates are the same (March 19)... Thanks. Phillip: It is possible for the planned start date on an assignment to be different than the planned start date of the task to which it belongs. So, what you describe is not likely a bug, but the result of changes made by the users in question. For example, a resour...

After Update = EmployeeID.column(2)
I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name field when the EmployeeID is selected. Thank you Frank How is the employee id selected? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, > Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. > I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name > field when the EmployeeID i...

November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello. Over the last few weeks my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server has been crashing mysteriously. The Information Store crashes and after I reboot the server everything is fine again. We have a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that there is a November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5 which appears to address this issue. How can I tell if the network administrator before me applied this update to the server? Would it be listed under ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0500, "Corbin O'Reilly&q...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Task list view shows blanks in Outlook for two columns
I can't get Outlook to fill in the % completed column and the category column. It shows blank even though I have assigned categories and many of my tasks have a percent completed. What version of outlook and what type of account do you have? Can you assign them but they don't stick, or can't you set them at all, or do they work ok on open forms but not in the folder table view? "Ripantuck" <Ripantuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06E74B7-38E5-47BA-87E5-93A3946D6387@microsoft.com... >I can't get Outlook to fill in the % completed co...

purge the discoonect mailbox after moving mailbox task failed
Hi all, Unfortunately, moving several users' mailboxes to the new exchange 2003 server failed at the first time; I ran the second time again on the different store on the new server sucessfully. but, the mailbox failed on that store has red x on it and I tried to purge and ccould do it as it already connected to the existing user? Any solution to this? Thanks. ...

Add task fields in a share standard task list
I have a some problems to add some new personal fields in a task list because if I add one or more fields, in a share list, anyone can't see these fields. This task list is in a public folder in a exchange server 2000 and I'm owner of this task list. Any assistance will be appreciated thanks. Is your custom form published? If so, where? You didn't include the form definition with the form did you, that one-off's the form. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exten...

Rules Error
Hi everyone. I posted this in the clients newsgroup, but didn't get any responses so I will try here since the problem seems to be server-side anyway. I am running on Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2002/2003. Whenever I start Outlook, I get the following error: There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized. After reinstalling everything on my PC (for a different reason), I started with a clean install of Outlook 2003 (Was using Outlook 2002) and I get the same error. I deleted all of the rules in the rules wizard and still get the ...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Why is it that every time you install a security update you get vi
I installed the latest upgrade for IE8 security update and my computer crahed the next day. What ever it let in, it wiped out all of my backup points. It will go back to something but once windows is able to come up, it freezes and shuts down. I have heard of other people having the same problem with IE8. What can I try with out wiping everything off the hard drive or taking it to some one to recover data? And I dout Microsoft will pay for the repairs. -- ICS Hi, Did you install anything between the update and the next day? We need to know your windows version and serv...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Workflow task
Can someone guide me how to achieve this: When a lead is assigned to another user, to create a task that can be tracked by current owner. I have tried creating a workflow, and create a task. The problem is once the lead is assigned to another user, the task shows up in their calendar. How can i have a task in current owner and link it to the assigned lead ? Thanks Jazz, What is the objective of the rule - are you checking on whether the lead is dealt with ? There might be an easier way to do this ... "jazz" wrote: > Can someone guide me how to achieve this: > &...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

Certain mails going to bad mail folder no error other than 0x80004005
Got SBS with Exchange 2003, ISA 2004 - all updated to latest SP's. Most of our mail has started going to the bad mail folder, initially thought it was something to do with attachments, we also have GFI Mail Essentials, Mail Security and Mail Archiving installed - disabled those to no avail. Most of the mail is ending up in the bad mail folder with a BDR report with the above string in. (I had to re-enable the bad mail folder after the SP update to see what was going on - although that doesnt help). My ISP says their server is relaying everything to ours okay, they have no exchange expe...