Adding PWA Team Member as enterprise resource error

When I try to add a Team Member to the enterprise Resource center, I get
"resource name already in use" error. The user is not listed as a resource so
where is the name in use?
I'm using PWA 2007 and Active Directory.

Hi Pete,

They might not be listed as a resource, are they listed as a user?
--
Regards,  Ben.

"Pete Hay" wrote:

> When I try to add a Team Member to the enterprise Resource center, I get
> "resource name already in use" error. The user is not listed as a resource so
> where is the name in use?
> I'm using PWA 2007 and Active Directory.
If you mean PWA -> Server Settings -> Manage Users
Yes they are listed as a user.
Pete

"Ben" wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> They might not be listed as a resource, are they listed as a user?
> --
> Regards,  Ben.
>

> "Pete Hay" wrote:
>
> > When I try to add a Team Member to the enterprise Resource center, I get
> > "resource name already in use" error. The user is not listed as a resource so
> > where is the name in use?
> > I'm using PWA 2007 and Active Directory.
Pete,
Project Server users are not necessarily resources. In order to make the
user a resource you will need to go to
Server Settings > Manage Users > Find the user and open his profile. Make
sure that the very first tick on box is selected ( Make user a Resource).
This will now add the user as a resource.

Also since you use Active Directory, you will need to make sure that this
user is in the global Resource active directory group which is synronised to
the Project Server resource group.
I hope that helps
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"Pete Hay" wrote:

> If you mean PWA -> Server Settings -> Manage Users
> Yes they are listed as a user.
> Pete
>
> "Ben" wrote:
>
> > Hi Pete,
> >
> > They might not be listed as a resource, are they listed as a user?
> > --
> > Regards,  Ben.
> >

> > "Pete Hay" wrote:
> >
> > > When I try to add a Team Member to the enterprise Resource center, I get
> > > "resource name already in use" error. The user is not listed as a resource so
> > > where is the name in use?
> > > I'm using PWA 2007 and Active Directory.
The "tick box" was what I was missing. Thanks Marc

"Marc Soester [MVP]" wrote:

> Pete,
> Project Server users are not necessarily resources. In order to make the
> user a resource you will need to go to
> Server Settings > Manage Users > Find the user and open his profile. Make
> sure that the very first tick on box is selected ( Make user a Resource).
> This will now add the user as a resource.
>
> Also since you use Active Directory, you will need to make sure that this
> user is in the global Resource active directory group which is synronised to
> the Project Server resource group.
> I hope that helps
> --
> Marc Soester [MVP]
> http://www.i-pmo.com.au
>

> "Pete Hay" wrote:
>
> > If you mean PWA -> Server Settings -> Manage Users
> > Yes they are listed as a user.
> > Pete
> >
> > "Ben" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Pete,
> > >
> > > They might not be listed as a resource, are they listed as a user?
> > > --
> > > Regards,  Ben.

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Error message in publisher #2
When i open my document i get an error message but it doesn't tell me what the problem is. The message reads: Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted soruce and does not contain harmful information click ok. If you received this file from another person or machine and are not sure that the contents are safe click cancel. I can open the file but the message comes up every time. If it told be what the problem was that it detected - then maybe i could fix it. I do know that since the problem started i ...

ADDING A NUMBER

OL2000 illeg. op. error when new message arrives
Hello, I have a user that is receiving a "Outlook has performed an illegal operation" type error...white box with a close and ignore button. If you click the ignore button about 8x, the illegal operation message goes away. The error is only received when the user receives a new mail message The error is only received when Outlook plays a sound to notify of a new message arrival. I have tried a repair on the office install I have tried another sound file both to no avail The error message will not appear if the "play sound when new mail arrives" box is unchecked (...

CRM Privilege Error
Hi Guys I am in a pretty sticky situation. At my company the CRM installation was done by a colleague who wasn't very sure of what he was doing and without consulting deployment guides did the installation and now numerous components of CRM donot work. I have managed to fix most of the problems but i'm still sitting with one whereby when a CRM user tries to make use of the "send direct email" functionality on CRM web it comes up saying that he has insufficient privileges to complete the task. After reading and re-reading the deployment guides etc i noticed 3 key fact...

Property Sheet inside a CFormView and resources
Hello, I succesfully made an SDI application with a PropertySheet on my view using this project. http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/propertysheet/article.php/c551/ The only thing not working is when I modify my PropertySheet dialog with the resource editor, the controls are not showing anymore. After investigating I found out that in the resource script, it only works if my dialog is declared this way (code at the end): (The difference is DIALOG vs DIALOGEX My only work around is to manually change back the resource script from DIALOGEX to DIALOG. What could be causing the problem...

CPU Resources
What can be done to stop Money from consuming CPU Resources? Every time that I run Money 2006, I have difficulties running any other programs. I am running a Athalon XP 3400 processor with 2GB of ram. I had a similar problem with Money2005 also. -- Ken Baisley A huge .mny data file? Do you have a graphic system resource display eg like 2K Task Manager > Performance ? That should show you %CPU and Available Physical Memory and thus if the bottleneck is one of those. My biggest file is 8meg, 3yrs of data, and I have 1/2 your compute muscle and no bottleneck except the piggy hit on my...

adding new records

Syntax error!
I can't find out where should I put the semi colon... Thanks mySQL2 = "INSERT INTO Kanban ( PartNumber, K_Qty, K_Location, To_From, K_Date )" & _" VALUES ( '" & Me.txtPartNumber & "', " & strQuantity & " , '" & strLocation & "','LoanID " & Me.txtLoanID & "', '" & strDate & "')" & _" WHERE LoanID = '" & Me.txtLoanID & "'" -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...

Outlook 2003 on XP RPC error
After installing Outlook 2003 on an XP system that was connecting to Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP just fine, I get an error starting Outlook stating "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. For more information, contact your system administrator." When I click OK, I get "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Then a box to confirm the name comes up and when I click check name I get "The name could not be ...

When adding attachments...

Y-Error Bars
I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all points (bars) in the series. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Hi Diana, To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets cells. Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want. Cheers Andy Diana wrote: > I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data > point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all > points (bars) in the ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Receiving error
Outlook Express 6 - Just upgraded to XP, and receiving error code when trying to receiving my mail. Error: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'Incoming.Verizon.net', Server: 'Incoming.Verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 What do I need to do? Chris L <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook Express 6 Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman I was receiving the exact same error in Outlook 2000. I also use Outlook Express which worked fine. I purchase...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Upgrade to Great Plains Dynamics 9.0 error, Column PRODID not foun
Hello, I am attempting a test upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Dynamics 9.0 and I get an error during the system tables upgrade portion, right at the 'Load Additional Required Data' step. The error message is: The following SQL statement produced an error: delete from DU000010 where PRODID=258 followed by: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. I checked the DU000010 table and the column does NOT exist. I also tried upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0, which worked, but when I then try to upgrade that 8.0 to 9.0, I still get the sa...

CRM Errors 10-28-03
Managed to install crm but keep getting these errors with "snap in failed to initialize".... Application error log DMSNAPIN dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin : WhoAmI failed. Any Ideas? Travis McGee Boston Hi Travis I hope the following helps: 1) Verify that MSCRM Security Service is started 2) Initial log in using the same username as the installation (with domain admin rights). Also remember that the Security service is heavily dependent on CRM Server able to know where the SQL Server is ... Gd luck Hon "Travis McGee" <travis-gates-mcgee@msn.com> wrote in message ne...

Exchange 5.5 standard to Enterprise Upgrade
H We have exchange 5.5 standard edition with NT 4 server. We are in pocess of upgrading it to Exchange 2003 but I think before upgrading it to Exchange 2003 we should upgrade it to 5.5 enterprise edition. I know its a old question but can some one please point me some old posting or can please give steps to upgrade 5.5 Std to 5.5 enterprise Thanks in advance Hello, You should be able to run reinstall from the Exchange Enterprise CD. This will upgrade the server to Enterprise. Here is the article: 170280 XADM: Upgrading From Exchange Server Standard Edition to the Enterprise http://support...

SMTP 550 error
I can't send or recieve email to a university mail account. This is the error message I recieved when I tried to send to the university account from our sbs 2003 mail server. Any ideas on how to fix this? TIA There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <xxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Cannot verify any sender address in headers.> Try from telnet and see if it does the same thing. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...