X in images or text boxes when printing

We have printed several large posters that have been made in Powerpoint. The
finished posters are usually about 4ft x 3ft, and we save them as either ppt,
pptx or pdf files.

Unfortunately, several of our posters are marred by big crosses through the
text boxes and/or images. We can't figure out why - it doesn't happen when
they are printed on regular-sized paper, just on poster-sized paper.

(Sounds like an issue with the printer?)

Thanks!

I'd guess it's a memory issue with the printer or maybe a printer driver
problem.

One way around it might be to print or save the file as a PDF and then print
the PDF.

"buggirl" <buggirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have printed several large posters that have been made in Powerpoint.
> The
> finished posters are usually about 4ft x 3ft, and we save them as either
> ppt,
> pptx or pdf files.
>
> Unfortunately, several of our posters are marred by big crosses through
> the
> text boxes and/or images. We can't figure out why - it doesn't happen when
> they are printed on regular-sized paper, just on poster-sized paper.
>
> (Sounds like an issue with the printer?)

> Thanks!

0
Echo
6/3/2010 1:12:47 AM
Thanks - we have tried printing them as pdfs too, and sometimes that helps,
but not always. I think we have narrowed it down to a PC versus Mac
problem....

On Jun 3, 3:43=A0pm, buggirl <bugg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks - we have tried printing them as pdfs too, and sometimes that help=
s,
> but not always. I think we have narrowed it down to a PC versus Mac
> problem....
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
> > I'd guess it's a memory issue with the printer or maybe a printer drive=
> > problem.
>
> > One way around it might be to print or save the file as a PDF and then =
print
> > the PDF.
>
> > --
> > Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
> > What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> > Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> > PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
> > "buggirl" <bugg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We have printed several large posters that have been made in Powerpoi=
nt.
> > > The
> > > finished posters are usually about 4ft x 3ft, and we save them as eit=
her
> > > ppt,
> > > pptx or pdf files.
>
> > > Unfortunately, several of our posters are marred by big crosses throu=
gh
> > > the
> > > text boxes and/or images. We can't figure out why - it doesn't happen=
 when
> > > they are printed on regular-sized paper, just on poster-sized paper.
>
> > > (Sounds like an issue with the printer?)
>
> > > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Were the files created on the mac? You may have placed incompatible
graphics (some ways that this can happen is if the file is CMYK
instead of RGB, or if the file was dragged into the presentation
instead of inserted)

Check this for info:

http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00064.htm
0
Mark

Stop print more than one copy of a report
I am trying to print only the current record with the following code and I get 2 copy of the same report everytime I print and I also get an error message. Private Sub Command59_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command59_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rptDocSub" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal DoCmd.OpenReport "rptDocSub", acNormal Reports![rptDocSub].Filter = "Primary ID = " & Me![Primary ID] Reports![rptDocSub].FilterOn = True DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection Exit_Command59_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command59_Click: M...

Unable to open exchange 2000 mail box using Outlook 2003
Urgent!!! My company has Exchange Server 2000 + latest sp on Win2k Server. Client machines contain Outlook 2000, Outlook XP, and Outlook 2003. All outlook versions work fine (can connect to exchange server and browse mailbox for each user. Then I try to upgrade Exchnage server 2000 to 2003, the pre-install step has been done but the program cannot be installed due to inproperly of ADC version. The upgrade was cancel. After that outlook 2003 user cannot open their exchange mailbox and public folder(with error "The set of this folder could not be open"). Other outlook version just w...

how do you take out lines around text box and pictures?
I have made a 2 page flyer. When sent by e-mail you can still see all the lines around text boxed and graphics, just like when you are working on it. How can I take it off. Clicking on the remove gridline options doesn't help. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks View, uncheck boundaries and guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Priscilla" <Priscilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B35DCD16-A4D9-428B-9D9F-590DC5BE...

Printing Picture Tool of Chart
I�ve started working with Dashboards using the Picture tool but can� print the information and Excel and / or the Print driver (even Adob Acrobat) squash the picture graph. If you hit print preview, the thre inch high graph is compressed to about 0.5 inch high and the sourc chart is even changed. Any ideas why this happens -- Ta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3357 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53355 Hi, Have a read of this MSKB ...

Having Word Print Blanks
I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can have the answers to questions show up on the screen but be blank when I print them out. Is there anyway I can make word leave things blank only when I print them? Have the background of your document black, and make the text white, then don't let it print the background. "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE79E8DD-FCD8-435E-8E2A-EC77E4F56416@microsoft.com... :I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can : have the answers to que...

"Sending messages x of x" in Outlook 2007 status bar
Hello, When I send a message in Outlook 2007, appears "sending message x of x" where x is greater than 1. I read that it seems automatic responses, but automatic responses are deactivated. Any idea? Thanks for your time, Thunder It's a bug in outlook- x-1 should = the number of email accts in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

Placing reply below original mail text
I subscribe to a number of technical mail lists where top posted replies are taboo. While I can get Outlook to prepend a ">" to the text being replied to, there appears to be no way to automatically place the reply (and signature) below the text being replied to. Anyone know of a way to do this? Trim the message then use autotext to place the sig where you want. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) O...

Picture does not print
Hello, Using Publisher 2003 SP1 in WinXP SP2 to create a newsletter. I have several photographs in this single-page publication and one of them will not print. It is inserted at about 20% of original size and is cropped. I have deleted the picture and re-inserted it (Insert Picture From File), put it on its own page all by itself, made sure it is in the foreground, and it just will not print. If I start Publisher and create a new publication with just this one picture it does print. In this test the picture was reduced to 10% but was not cropped. If I duplicate the page where the ...

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

error box
On my spreadsheet I keep getting a little error box after I insert data which I assume is due to formatting, I just click ignore error and it goes away, is there a way to stop this message appearing in the first place, like somewhere I can switch it off. thanks Hi Scudo, > On my spreadsheet I keep getting a little error box after I insert data > which I assume is due to formatting, I just click ignore error and it goes > away, is there a way to stop this message appearing in the first place, like > somewhere I can switch it off. When it shows up, select "Error checking ...

Extracting text from XML fields
Hi - all, I'm in the middle of converting a database and one of the notes fields has come across with XML data around the text. Is there a routine I could use in Access to extract the text I need from the XML code so I'm just left with the notes text? I've found a routine here but I've no idea how to implement it into Access: http://code.activestate.com/recipes/65128/ Thanks in advance for your help. On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:01:08 GMT, "rob4465" <u57485@uwe> wrote: Set a reference to "Microsoft XML, v6.0". If you don't have it li...

Is there a way to get the position of the cursor in an edit box?
If I have an edit box with 50 characters of text is there a way for me to know that they have the cursor in position 32? -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com Try GetCaretPos(). ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ed Fultz" <edward.fultz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23jH7q8iKFHA.2716@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > If I have an edit box with 50 characters of text is there a way for me to > know that they have the cursor in position 32? Do you mean the caret? See if GetCaretPos followed by EM_CHARFROMPOS works. -- ...

Upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Office X?
Hi everyone, I've been running Mac Office 2004 and I want to upgrade it to Office X. Do I really have to buy the complete version of Office X to do this, or can I just buy the Office X upgrade? The reason I ask is that from what I've been able to research, the Office X upgrade only allows you to upgrade from Office 2001 but not from Office 2004. Am I correct about this? And if I am correct, does anyone know why Microsoft would have implemented such a policy? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Kind regards, Jeff Wait! don't answer that. just realized 2004 is the upgrad...

import text file to acc97
Hi I'm trying to import a text file containing some German characters to Access97, and the German characters seem to get lost. For example, if I have a simple file containing word 'Süd' when imported, it changes to 'Snd' This works correctly in Access2000 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi Steve, The first thing to do is to check the encoding that Access 97 is using (click the Advanced... button in the Text Import Wizard to get to it). Also check the fonts you're using to display the file in your text editor and in Access. If neither of those are the...

outlook 2007 can't copy text
I' have 64 bit Vista and Outlook 2007/Office 2007�. Outlook 2007 In preview or when message is opended I can't copy any email messages/copy is greyed out...? It works if I start outlook in outlook/safemode.? And it used to work....? any pointers? -kimmo what addins do you have installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips:...

Text Boxes appear blank when opening booklet
I have a newsletter that I publish on a monthly basis. I started in Publisher 2003, but later upgraded to Publisher 2007. Recently, I have started having problems with the newsletter. When I open it, many of the articles will appear to be blank. Usually resizing the text box or right-clicking and choosing Format Text Box... will cause the text to appear, but if I save my changes, then close and reopen the file, the articles will AGAIN be blank. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know how to fix this! Can anyone help? Thank you. if you've been using t...

How do I suppress Printing status?
How do I suppress the printing status dialog? I am using the following, ActiveWorkbook.Charts(ChartSheetData(i + 1)).PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True in a For loop to print 80 chart sheets (user can select from 1 to 80 charts to print). The problem is each time this statement is executed in the For loop it displays the "Printing sheet 1 of 1" message. For 80 charts it is an annoying flicker that a) slows down the application and b) looks bad. I've tried setting Application.DisplayAlerts to false just prior to the above statement but it doesn't have any affect. I apol...

print margins
Hello, I am using MS Money 2007 standard on XPSP2. Is there a way to change the print margins in Money? -- Thanks, Bob No. Money has no equivalent to Page Setup. The closest you get is the Print Setup choices which include orientation and the Field Width and Font controls in the reports. "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OJNLhT0ZIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the print margins in Money? ...

SUMIF and text
I am looking for a way to use the SUMIF function on text. I have a sheet with several different words in A column and different values in the B column. For instance would I like to get SUMIF to return the value in B were the word BAKER is in column A. But I would also like it to return the value for the word BAKER 2 and BAKER 3 in the same cell (All vaues starting with BAKER). Is it possible to make a formula with SUMIF that returns for instance alle values where the text starts with BAKER? Hi, =sumif(A1:A1000,"Baker*",B1:B1000) "Silja" wrote: > I am...

why is dialog opening with edit box text automatically selected?
Hello, I have seen this before, and struggled to understand why. In OnInitDialog I am setting the text of an edit box. When I run the program, I can see the text there, but for some reason all of the text is selected. I did not ask for this, and am unable to unselect the text. I tried calling m_myEdit.SetSel(-1, -1) on the edit box, and that doesn't work. In fact, I can't set the selection to anything else at all. I'm returning TRUE from OnInitDialog, and I thought that the focus could be set to a control only if you call SetFocus on that control and then return FALSE from ...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Report Printing 12-07-07
Hi Allen, I have a database name Transfer Deed & I have a form in which I’ve to give data for fields. Deed No. Shares Distinctive No. From Shares Distinctive No. To No. of Shares (Difference of above) I’ve a report also on before open the report a popup form occurs & ask for Deed No & Lot which represent data above what I want know that before open the report it open with lot of nos. provided for example. Distinctive No from is = 500 Distinctive No to is = 1000 No. of shares is = 500 And lot provided on popup form is 100 then 5 pages report of 100 each...

Print header at margins
I have changed my left and right page margins to .25". But the left and right Header sections still print with a 1" margin. How do I get the left/right header to print at the margins I set? -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail Fred You don't. Left and right Header positions are fixed. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:48:08 -0600, "Fred Smith" <fredsmith99@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have changed my left and right page margins to .25". But the left and >right Header sections still print with a 1" margin. > >...

Color Coding Multiple Rows in Combo Box
Hi - I was wondering if there was a way to color code the rows of a combo box based after the value entered. For example, If the combo box is displaying the contents of field1 (numbers) which are 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2 I would want all 1's to be red, 2's yellow etc. I'm able to color code a single value at a time using the "ForeColor" command but, I'm not sure if there is a way to color them all? Thanks for any help, ~ Eric This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0101_01C877EB.B28A3100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1&quo...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...