Why won't my text shadows show up when I print?

I'm using PPT 2007 and I have placed a drop shadow on some of my text. I can
see it in the PPT file and when I view in slide show mode, but when I print
to my printer or Acrobat to make a PDF, the shadows don't show up? Any ideas
on why this is happening?

Go to Office Button | PPT Options and check the option for High Quality
Printing.

"Lori" <Lori @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using PPT 2007 and I have placed a drop shadow on some of my text. I
> can
> see it in the PPT file and when I view in slide show mode, but when I
> print
> to my printer or Acrobat to make a PDF, the shadows don't show up? Any
> ideas
> on why this is happening?

1
Echo

Opening = Print?
Hmm.. I have a command button on a form have the following code: "DoCmd. OpenReport "Hazards"". When I press the button, instead of Opening the report, it prints it! I'm confused... any ideas? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Nevermind, I forgot the ending. Should have shown: DoCmd.OpenReport "hazards", acPreview HowardChr wrote: >Hmm.. I have a command button on a form have the following code: "DoCmd. >OpenReport "Hazards"". When I press the button, instead of Opening the >report, it prints it! I'...

when closing print preview annoying results
Hi there, I have a print preview button which implements the CScrollView::OnFilePrintPreview() function I also have several toolbars within my application that are not neccessarily displayed simultaneously. However whenever i open print preview and close it my application will always display all the toolbars!? Has anyone else experienced these results? I can't workout why this would happen? why would the print preview change the CMainFrame status of my app? Thanks ...

does outlook have a label printing capability?
as above. the only info i'm finding is stuff to download for a fee, ie. Alladin envelopes and labels. doesn't outlook already have the capability to print labels built into it? need to print letterhead labels, help! Within the Contacts folder, check out Tools, Mail Merge. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "nameless" <...

Someone elses name prints on my email
I am using a computer handed down from another employee. When I print email, it still shows that person's name on the header. Is there any way to force Outlook to use my name instead? I am using Outlook, not OE. Thanks!! The name that prints on the header is the name associated with the default e-mail account for that profile. Change the name on the default account to yours and your problem should go away. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In n...

CHtmlView show server busy dialog
Hi all, i use ChtmlView to display html, sometimes use clicked into a hyperlink, it showed a ServerBusy dialog. How to hide that dialog? ...

OL2003: Message List shows Message Size rather than Subject
In Outlook 2003, in one folder located in a personal folder, the message list shows the size of the message (eg. 13 KB, 4 KB, etc.) rather than the subject line. How do I change this so that the subject line is displayed rather than the message size? Only one folder within my Personal Folder displays this way. Please advise. Thanks, David David Lipetz <dlipetz@hotmail.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003, in one folder located in a personal folder, the > message list shows the size of the message (eg. 13 KB, 4 KB, etc.) > rather than the subject line. > > How do I cha...

Formatting text as numbers
Hi, I have viewed a s/s in HTML format ......... There's an option to export the file to Excel, which I have done. However, the numbers do not appear to be formatted correctly ........... I have tried changing the format of the values to number - however it doesn't work? Yet if I go on the individual cell, an exclamation mark appears on the left informing me that it is formatted as text - rather than number. If I change using this capability it works? Is there some way I can select all the values and change the formatting en masse. Don Don Try copying an unused cell and th...

Is there a non-printing shading?
I am preparing a form to fill out, and would like to indicate the cells to fill in. Is there a way to shade these cells such that the shading will not print once they are filled in. (but I want the shading to remain in place) The reason I want to do this is that this is a multiple page spreadsheet that performs calculations based upon input in the various pages. I want to distinguish the input cells from the calculation cells. Basic or default data is inserted into many of the cells, so conditional formatting will not work. Any ideas? -- Thank you, John Gregory On ...

Printing Distribution List Members
Anyone know of an easy way to print the members of a distribution list in Outlook? We are using OL2003, but had the same issues in OL2000.... (besides expanding the file and copying the members to an email or WORD, then printing).... On 30 Apr 2004 08:45, "goldsboc" <cheryl.goldsborough@custserv.com> wrote: >Anyone know of an easy way to print the members of a distribution list >in Outlook? We are using OL2003, but had the same issues in OL2000.... >(besides expanding the file and copying the members to an email or >WORD, then printing).... You might try usi...

Error message when printing envelope
I am trying to print an envelope in Word 2007 and I keep receiving the error message, "Must enter a number between 1 and 31." What does this mean and where am I supposed to enter the number? Help....me too, what are we doing wrong? It suggests to me a bug with your printer driver. Can you switch to a different default printer to test this. You can install the Generis Text driver (part of Windows) for this purpose. Just click Add Printer from the Printers and Faxes (or Devices and Printers in Windows 7) and choose Generic | Generic Text Only option. -- Terry Farrel...

Printing Blank Records to Complete a Report
I need to create a report that completes a page with blank records. I have the report set up so that detail fields print with borders. There need to be (12) lines of detail records printed regardless of data (i.e., 2 actual records - print 10 blank, etc.). I used field borders so that I would also get vertical lines. Can anyone provide help for this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200711/1 You might want to remove the borders from all controls and use code to draw the boxes. The following code in the On Page event of...

Error #-2147217871 POS quitting before printing reciepts
Our POS is quitting fairly often throughout the day with a "time-out" error message (Error #-2147217871) then a run-time error 5. This happens for no particular reason (sometimes during a credit card transaction sometimes during cash sometimes when there are two transactions back to back sometimes when there haven't been any transactions for any length of time). I did search through the forum but I have not found any solution yet. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi Lauren Check all your peripherals, make sure there is no physical fault. Increase the timeout va...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

Microsoft Access: How do I create a drop down list that stores the index value, but displays text value?
For example: I have my primary table called Projects with headers as follows: Projects ID, Project Name, Project Leader ID And I have a second table called Project Leaders which stores Project Leader ID as the primary key with headers as follows: Project Leader ID, Project Leader Name I am trying to create a Project Entry Form that displays and has a drop down of the Project Leader Names, but stores the Project Leader ID in the Projects Table. Thanks for your help! in your form, use a combo box control. set the RowSource to the Project Leaders table. number of columns, 2. column widths...

printing labels - using Avery # - not lining up
Using Word 2007 - running windows XP - labels are not lining up - is there some adjustment/calibration to do somewhere to get the labels to print correctly? 1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dotm (rename normal.dotm) 2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size of the label sheet. 3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog 4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly. Cleaning the rollers in the print path...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

new address lists not showing up in outlook client
Hello, for some reason any new address lists i create now do not show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a direction. Thanks Jon Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote in message news:340401c47ee8$d1914ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > for some reason any new address lists i create now do not > show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a > direction. > > Thanks > Jon yes 2003 cached mode! >-----Original Message----- >Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? ...

showing picture when sliding over worksheet cell
How can I make Excel show me a self-made drawing when I slide over a single cell in a worksheet? thanks roland Put it in a comment. See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Roland wrote: > > How can I make Excel show me a self-made drawing when I slide over a single > cell in a worksheet? > > thanks > roland -- Dave Peterson ...

Return not showing in Deposit Screen
I have a Return that has been posted to the GL, but does not show in the Bank Deposit Screen. The Invoice shows in the Deposit Screen, but no the Return which means I can not check it off. This seems to happen when a customer Buys something and returns it and then purchases something else at the same time. I have been unable to figure out the cause of this. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks! ...

Problems printing a (semi-) transparent square over a photo
I'm working in publisher, and trying to get a nice background for each page. I have a photo covering the entire page, and then a rectangle filled in with a color, but about 50% opaque so that the photo shows through and then text over that. It looks absolutely fantastic, BUT it won't print out that way OR convert to PDF that way. Instead, the photo does not show through at all and so the background is only the plain color. I've tried changing the opacity levels, I've tried different colors, I've even tried different printers (color, black and white, pdf, etc) and mad...

Network Diagram
I'm taking a PM class and our instructor had us manually create a network diagram so that we could learn how the forward pass and backward pass are calculated. He also said that the network diagram in project can be configured to show the calculations as well. For example... 0 10 Days Duration 10 instead of dates. I have figured out how to reflect this in diagram box but cannot get it to add the ten days to the duration on the following box. I created a custom number field with a formula to get it to show what is in the example based on my tasks. Any one know how to g...

CHtmlView printing in CDialog?
Hi, all: I tried to load an html file into a CHtmlView control on CDialog and print it out. I dynamic create the CHtmlView in the OnInitDialog event and the CHtmlView load the htm file successfully. But I has problems to print the html to a printer? I tried : pView->ExecWB(OLECMDID_PRINT, OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT, NULL, NULL); it does nothing. pView->OnFilePrint(); it print an empty page. (The html should print 9 pages) I also tried: LPOLECOMMANDTARGET lpTarget = NULL; LPDISPATCH lpDisp = pView->GetHtmlDocument(); if (lpDisp != NULL) { // the contr...

Line spacing while printing in money
I have money 2000 and just downloaded money 2004's trial version which seems the same. In the print checks option you can only adjust horiz and vertical movement for the entire page. The line spacing between the Payee and the written out dollar amount is very tight. The numerical dollar amount isn't even in line with the written out amount. I am using laser wallet checks with lines. There must be a way to move each line's spacing seperate from each other? thanks Bill ...

Outlook Inbox show (-1) for unread messages.
My Inbox display on the folders list is showing a (-1) when I have no email messages to read. When I receive an email that is unread the display shows nothing beside it. When I have 2 unread messages then the display shows a (1). What do I need to do to fix this problem. I would ran scanpst on the pst (use search to find scanpst.exe) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outl...

How to show child form with cannot access a dispose object error
Hi, I have child form attached to a parent form. It is declare in parent form. private frmChild child; I also have an event to show the form and activate it. if (this.child == null) { this.child = new frmChild(); this.child.MdiParent = this; } this.child.Show(); this.child.Activate(); No problem when called for the very first time to show the child form. Problem occurs when the child from is closed and the called again to show. "Cannot access a dispose object" error occurs on .Show() line. I do not want to just hide the child form. Can I completely d...