Why is a .WAV file NOT automatically playing when I start the PPT

I  inserted a .wav file in my powerpoint show and when I go to "view show,"
the animations work but the sound file does not play - either automatically
OR on mouse click. The other animations and their "effect options" sounds
play fine, but NOT the sound icon. I have checked with our school technician
and it is not a hardware problem b/c windows media player works fine.

Can you help me? I am a middle school special educator and I teach autistic
students. I need to run the Powerpoint I created for my disabled student to
interact with.

Can you help me?

Thank you for any help in ADVANCE!

It is always a good idea to mention the version of PowerPoint your using and
how you inserted and the size of the WAV file . Without knowing this it is
hard to even guess. Here are a couple to things to try out. As WAV files are
the only audio files that get inserted into your PowerPoint presentation you
may want to increase the file size limit to the max of 5000kb to accommodate
your file. If the file exceeds the max allowed, it is then linked which
brings me to the next option which is to put all your sound files into the
same folder as your presentation so that if they are linked, they will not
exceed the path length (128 characters) from the presentation to the sound
file

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Teacher" <Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I  inserted a .wav file in my powerpoint show and when I go to "view show,"
the animations work but the sound file does not play - either automatically
OR on mouse click. The other animations and their "effect options" sounds
play fine, but NOT the sound icon. I have checked with our school technician
and it is not a hardware problem b/c windows media player works fine.

Can you help me? I am a middle school special educator and I teach autistic
students. I need to run the Powerpoint I created for my disabled student to
interact with.

Can you help me?

Thank you for any help in ADVANCE!

0
Michael

WAV in signature
I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook, but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the signature - does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida What version of Outlook? Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead for animated gifs and wave files? Does anyone? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

how to operating a big file(larger than 4.7GB)
the "CFile" class seems to have some problems, especially the file seek, the seek pointer is only 32-bits,so I can't seek to a position after 4.7GB. Does anyone encounter the same problem like me?please tell me how you handled it. thank you! >the "CFile" class seems to have some problems, >especially the file seek, the seek pointer is >only 32-bits,so I can't seek to a position after >4.7GB. Nicholas, In newer versions of MFC, the Seek parameter is defined as LONGLONG. I seem to recall that earlier versions may have had another method - something...

my assignment is a DOCX file instead of word document!
i saved my assignment on a memory stick and just found out that it was saved as a docx file instead of a word document. when i open the file it says 'convert file from' followed by a list. help! A docx *is* a Word document. Are you trying to open it on a different version of Word? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "sasha" <sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6964FFAA-D7DA-4376-9780-5E68DED41C13@microsoft.com... > i saved my assignment on a memory stick and just found out that it was > sa...

Links to websites & files
Hi, I'm trying to find out how to create links to adobe files or other = websites=20 from an Outlook email. I know how to create a hyperlink, but what if I = want=20 something more aesthetically pleasing, like a button or highlighted text = to=20 select to take me to this other location or open up this other file? = (To see=20 our latest product catalogues, please click here XXXXX OR To = download=20 the latest version of Adobe........, please click here XXXXX) Also, if I want to have these options included in all my emails, is = there any=20 way to include these links (buttons) as ...

pst file #7
We have pst files on network shares, our users can read and connect having all proper rights to these folders will moving messages to pst file we receive error cannot write to file. Outlook 2003 Win2k servers Why Outlook .pst files are unsupported over a LAN or WAN link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297019&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

How do I copy file from resources to C:\Notes?
How do I programmatically copy SpecialNote.txt from my VB.NET app's project resources to C:\Notes\ on user's PC at runtime? On 5/30/2010 10:59 PM, Mark B wrote: > How do I programmatically copy SpecialNote.txt from my VB.NET app's > project resources to C:\Notes\ on user's PC at runtime? Why did you ask this here and in the C# group, with a slight modification? -- Mike Dim myEncoding As New System.Text.ASCIIEncoding() System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(myXMLFileLocation, myEncoding.GetBytes(Properties.Resources.AddinUserSettingsXML)) "Mark B"...

Combine Money Files
I am using Money 2004. I have two files with bank accounts and investments. What is the easiest way to combine them to 1 file? I tried export and import but since all cash and investment transactions for each account are all exported seperately, they don't get imported right. In microsoft.public.money, Mustafa wrote: >I am using Money 2004. I have two files with bank >accounts and investments. What is the easiest way to >combine them to 1 file? I tried export and import but >since all cash and investment transactions for each >account are all exported seperately, ...

Best way to format a flat file that Excel will load properly?
I'm generating a flat file in Outlook VBA. Right now I'm able to save it as a ..txt file, although I hope to save it in a delimited flat file format with an ..xls extension so it will automatically be opened by excel without having to go through the whole 'import' sequence. There are string fields in the file, some of which contain commas- so I can't make it a comma delimited file. What is the best delimiter to use so that Excel will automatically recognize and parse the flat file contents across columns? Currently in 2003, but strongly prefer solutions ...

Reading and writing into a file
Hi, We use Great Plains accounting software to generate checks etc. We want to explore the feature if Great plains can read a fixed format file and write into a file. We are trying to look into this possibility because we want this application to share data and interface with another application written in powerbuilder. Please help. Thanks and Regards, Vinay Using Integration Manager or eConnect, Great Plains can read from a fixed file. Using eConnect, SmartList, or some other tool Great Plains can export to a file. eConnect may be the best bet if you already have developers. "V...

File Sharing
I have been trying to set up a folder to share on my home network. I go through the procedure and click done, but the folder does not show up as being shared. (I do not get the little icon on the folder). When I try to see it from the other computer it is not there. The printers are all there, and the windows preset folder are there. I disabled password and made sure that file and print sharing were enabled. The only computer I am having the problem with is the VISTA computer. The XP and Win7 work fine. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance Chris "Chris...

Root dir in open file dialog
Is it possible to set the root folder that is used in an open file dialog? If so, how would one go about specifying it? Just to be clear, I don't want to just set the initial dir. I want to set the root of the explorer tree to a particular folder so the user cannot select anything "above" that dir. Thanks Set the initial directory. Then set the flag that disables the ability of the user to change the directory. Unfortunately, this may be overkill. But right now it's all we've got. An alternative would be to create a subclass and implement the OnFolderChange handler, ...

Contacts file error
Contacts file not popping up by default. When I go to create a new email and click the "To" field button, I am prompted "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or...". Next I get to select the names/addresses but nothing is listed. I select the dropdown box and there are two contact files. Selecting the other one lists all my contacts. How do I fix this problem so the empty Contacts file will not default? Damn annoying. taa asiafreak wrote: || Contacts file not...

link text in word so second instance changes automatically
How can I link two places in Word so if one word changes it will change in the second place also? See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- Regards Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word) DocTools - Denmark www.thedoctools.com Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word "DJ" wrote: > How can I link two places in Word so if one word changes it will change in > the second place also? ...

Lost my money install file
I just got a new computer and in the process of moving everything from the old one I realize that I no longer even have the install file for money 07, which I purchased back in july of 06. I don't have the email receipt either. I know which card I used though. Is there anything that can be done about this or am I pretty much screwed? See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/132.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked fo...

can .php (microsoft picture it!) files be converted to .pub files"
I have some "old" .php files that I would like to get converted to .pub files or any other more contemporary format. Does anyone have a thought as to how this might be done? Copy and paste. Otherwise, there is no "conversion". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Don S" <Don S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A87A80E-1195-41C2-A9E8-ADA90851C103@microsoft.com... >I have some "old" .php files that I would like to get converted to .pub >files > ...

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

Help! Master Project File
I have about 9 projects checked into Project Server. Management likes to see them all in a single master project file, so I created a master project file with all 9 projects inserted and published that. I also use this master project file to control cross-project leveling. In addition, each Monday I save a snapshot offline copy of the master project file so we can compare the schedule on a week to week basis. The problem I'm seeing with that is, when I open the older snapshots, they refresh to the most current information. I therefore lose the historical view of the sc...

Remove windows file transfer from my C drive
I got a new pc with widows 7 used the windows file transfer and it installed files on my old xp system and now when I click my C drive it loads this file transfer wizard program and cant access my drive. How do I remove this? Thanks ...

Merging forms from data file to main file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel There seems to be a bug when mail merging forms from a data file into the main file. Text entered into a text form field on a locked data file does not merge into the main file. The only text that will merge from the text form field is the default text that may be entered when configuring the text form field. <br><br>If anyone knows how to resolve this, I would be forever thankful. Otherwise... How can I report the bug? I sent feedback, but is there a specific way to report a bug? I have the latest update...

Log files filling hard drive and crashing server
Hello, The folder C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA produces log files ( E000131B.log ) of 5 meg in size and fills the hard drive and causes the server to crash. My questions are, what are these log files logging ? and how can i stop it ? On the general tab for the SERVER Properties under Log file maintenance, i have configured the remove log files older than 1 day old and still these log files build up and crash my server. Thanks Jeff They're logging incoming/outgoing mail. You can either turn on circular logging (not recommended) or do an online FULL backup. Full online backup fl...

Update XLS File from XLT File
I have an XLT Excel workbook templete that has 10 tabs at the bottom for 10 different vendors. These 10 worksheets are purchase order forms; 1 for each vendor. I would like the following: 1. Whenever I create and complete an order from the workbook template, I would like the details of the order to update that vendor's XLS worksheet. By having the XLS worksheets for each vendor, I will be able to track the quantity of different items I've ordered from each vendor, Can anyone advise me how I might accomplish this? Thanks! ...

PST files
Hello, I have been backing up my laptop Outlook info to PST files each month and I have about 7 of these PST files and erasing some content like email right after each backup so as to keep my main Outlook datafile small for better performance. However, I just learned to understand how AutoArchive works and realize the inconvenience in having so many different files that overlap in data but do have distinct emails and contacts. So I would now like to combine all of them into one big file but I wonder if there is an automated and preferred way to do this and so that this combination/conversion...

Sending a PPT file to Microsoft Word is huge file, wasn't before
For 7 years I have been creating Powerpoint presentations then going to File/Send To/Microsoft Word and using the Notes with blank lines options. If the ppt is 605 KB the Word document ends up pretty small. But for some reason today - it is making my 605 KB file turn into a 8,200 KB Word document. It is massive and slow. My big problem is I take the Word file and merge with others to make a manual. I spoke to my Service Desk at the office and they can't help me, and it is urgent...I am so hoping someone out there knows a quick fix. The Service Desk tried to do the Detec...

Help setting a File Name
hi experts I'm having trouble with the following: Cell J1 of Sheet1 contains a date, say Dec. 15, 2009. Sheet1 has a 'Save' button called cmbSave. When I click cbmSave, I'd like the SaveAs... dialog to be shown with the suggested File Name showing as 'POS_Summary_091215.xls' . In other words, I'd like the suggested file name to start with 'POS_Summary_', and to end with the J1 date in yymmdd format. Can this be done? thank you in advance Cinnie -- cinnie Sub newdate() Dim d As Date, s As String d = Range("J1").Va...

How do I convert .doc files to .mdi files?
How do I convert .doc files to .mdi files? I am using Vista and I have many scanned documents that were saved as .doc files and some as .tif files. The ..tif were easy to convert by just rename the extention from .tif to .mdi, the ..doc files won't do this. I have to open the file then "export" and chage to ..mdi, this also leaves the original file that I then have to go back and delete. Is there a faster way? ...