Why does one have to click on the cmd button twice

PPT 2003 on Vista ..
I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the
second to show the correct answer.  I have to click on the second buttoon
twice.  I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click
to display the data.  I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus
issue, but all the properties seem to be the same.  I can post the code if it
is important.

Thanks ...  Phil

Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is
an  entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct answer.

"Phil K" wrote:

> PPT 2003 on Vista ..
> I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the
> second to show the correct answer.  I have to click on the second buttoon
> twice.  I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click
> to display the data.  I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus
> issue, but all the properties seem to be the same.  I can post the code if it
> is important.
>
> Thanks ...  Phil
Dim Length, Width

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

    'New Problem
    Length = Int((15 - 8 + 1) * Rnd + 8)
    Width = Int((3 - 7 + 1) * Rnd + 6)

    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
20").Visible = msoFalse
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
21").Visible = msoFalse

    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
20").TextFrame.DeleteText
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
21").TextFrame.DeleteText
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
24").TextFrame.DeleteText
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
28").TextFrame.DeleteText
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
30").TextFrame.DeleteText

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Label1").TextFrame.DeleteText

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Label2").TextFrame.DeleteText

    Label1.Caption = Length
    Label2.Caption = Width

End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
24").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "Answer"
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
30").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "Gallons"

    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
28").TextFrame.TextRange _
    .Text = Format((((Label1.Caption) * 7.5 * 0.785 * (Label2.Caption) *
(Label2.Caption)) / 1728), "0.###")

        'Answer Box
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
24").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Bold = True
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
24").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Name = "Arial"
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
24").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 24
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
24").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = vbBlue

    'Correct Answer
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
28").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Bold = True
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
28").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Name = "Arial"
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
28").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 24
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
28").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = vbBlue

    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Bold = True
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Name = "Arial"
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 24
    ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = vbBlue

End Sub

"Mark" wrote:

> Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is
> an  entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct answer.
>
> "Phil K" wrote:
>
> > PPT 2003 on Vista ..
> > I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the
> > second to show the correct answer.  I have to click on the second buttoon
> > twice.  I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click
> > to display the data.  I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus
> > issue, but all the properties seem to be the same.  I can post the code if it
> > is important.
> >
> > Thanks ...  Phil
Hi Phil

You don't need to use command buttons or labels at all if I have correctly
understood. Simple action buttons or shapes will work fine.

Also a lot of your code seems unnecessary. Have a look at this example and
see if it's close to what you need.

http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/math.ppt

(The actual maths for the answer may not be correct as I don't fully
understand what you are trying to do)
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"Phil K" wrote:

> [...]
> 30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 24
>     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> 30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = vbBlue
>

> End Sub
>

> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is
> > an  entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct answer.
> >
> > "Phil K" wrote:
> >
> > > PPT 2003 on Vista ..
> > > I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the
> > > second to show the correct answer.  I have to click on the second buttoon
> > > twice.  I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click
> > > to display the data.  I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus
> > > issue, but all the properties seem to be the same.  I can post the code if it

Thank you very much John. You got the just what I wanted to do.  Now to work
on the projects.

"John Wilson" wrote:

> [...]
> >     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> > 28").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 24
> >     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> > 28").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = vbBlue
> >
> >     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> > 30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Bold = True
> >     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> > 30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Name = "Arial"
> >     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> > 30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 24
> >     ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("Text Box
> > 30").TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = vbBlue
> >

> > End Sub
> >

> > "Mark" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is
> > > an  entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct answer.

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

quick key for the top left green button

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Voting buttons
I lose my voting buttons when I send email across exchange servers , Huh? What do you mean by "Voting Buttons"? >-----Original Message----- >I lose my voting buttons when I send email across exchange servers , > > >. > ...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

issue with outlook slow and msohelp.exe opening twice
Hi there im experiencing issue with my outlook that is slow and also i see that the file msohelp.exe open twice ..... any idea why ? Nope. Sorry - we need actual details and Outlook version/exact error = messages to provide assistance. Guesses are all you will get with no = details. And probably not good ones either. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, pauger007@gmail.com asked: | Hi there |=20 | im experiencing issue with my outl...

format the "date" button for a header
I need to insert a date in my header but not in the short format currently provided by pressing the "date" button. Is there a forumala etc that I can use that will change the format of this particular date without going through computer settings and chaning the "standard" date option. (much like how you can format a normal cell to show the date in whatever format you require You can use this macro: Public Sub DateInHeader() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "dd m...

How to create vista glass buttons ?
Hello, i wish to create a glass button for my MFC application like those in Windows Media Player. can u guide me the basics of creating a new button in MFC. Thanks, Varun C.H "Tranquil2000" <varunc_h@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23uJhzrGJJHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > i wish to create a glass button for my MFC application like those in > Windows Media Player. can u guide me the basics of creating a new button > in MFC. Hi, I think that Windows Media Player "glass buttons" are not part of standard Windows common controls. To ver...

What macro is run by a button???
Gang, There is a little smiley face button put on the toolbar at one of our computers that runs a macro when pressed. How can we find out which macro is being run???? Thanks Lee Johnson One way, right click on any tool bar (or do tools>customize) and select customize, right click on the button and select assign macro, in the name of the macro is in the name box. For instance if the macro is stored in the personal.xls the name would look like PERSONAL.XLS!macroname now when you know where it is stored you can press Alt + F11 to open the VBE, select the workbook and double click th...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

Macros to Button
Can someone please tell me how to assign Macros to a Button? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/assign-macros.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Premal" <Premal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026F76B8-CEC2-47B5-9581-66849F0627D8@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to assign Macros to a Button? Use buttons from the Forms toolbar (View|Toolbars in xl2003 menus) to see that toolbar. Then click on the button and plop it on a sheet somewhere. You'll be prompted to assign the macro right there. If you don't want...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

workflow fires twice
I have a workflow associated with quotes that is set to fire when the status changes. The first line of the workflow checks the status. If the status is not won, the workflow cancels, if the status equals won, then the steps continue. The workflow fires twice most of the time. Both of the workflows that fire say they fired because a record attribute changed. I even created a very simple test workflow to rule out an issue with any of the steps in my real workflow as being part of the issue. What people are doing is taking a draft quote and activating it, then turning the draft quote in...

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

Cant find Button
When I drag a button from forms on to my worksheet I cant find it *annoying* -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. I'm not sure I can find it annoying either, but... The Forms toolbar buttons aren't meant to drag. Click on the button control and the cursor turns into a cross. Click on the worksheet, hold the mouse button and drag down and to the right for several inches. There should be no problem finding after that. In article <c20dme$6so$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Bob" <enter_address@hotmail.com> wrote: > > When I drag a button...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Buttons suddenly greyed out
Out of the blue I have lost my "New" "Delete" Reply" "Forward buttons. Well they are there but 'greyed out'. Reinstall app does not fix? Thanks in advance ...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...