Where is Go To Slide in PowerPoint 2007?

You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does not
work. Where did the feature go?????

Go To...is not goto Slide it's go to (custom) property

If you haven't added a custom property linked to content it will be greyed
out.

Maybe if you explain what you need to do ...?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"cmarion" wrote:

> You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does not
> work. Where did the feature go?????
I have a large slide show and I want to go to slide 50. I can use the slide
navigator, or scroll, but didn't there use to be a "go to slide number...."
option?
You can do it during a slide show, but I want to navigate quickly while
editing a presentation.

"John Wilson" wrote:

> Go To...is not goto Slide it's go to (custom) property
>
> If you haven't added a custom property linked to content it will be greyed
> out.
>
> Maybe if you explain what you need to do ...?
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>

> "cmarion" wrote:
>
> > You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does not
> > work. Where did the feature go?????
I'm afraid you'll have to use the built in navigation options.

I find the quickest option is to click and drag the 'slider' on the right hand
side (of your big slide). As you drag powerpoint will show you the slide
number.... let go of the button when it's on slide 50

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

"cmarion" <cmarion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a large slide show and I want to go to slide 50. I can use the slide
> navigator, or scroll, but didn't there use to be a "go to slide number...."
> option?
> You can do it during a slide show, but I want to navigate quickly while
> editing a presentation.
>

> "John Wilson" wrote:
>
>> Go To...is not goto Slide it's go to (custom) property
>>
>> If you haven't added a custom property linked to content it will be greyed
>> out.
>>
>> Maybe if you explain what you need to do ...?
>> --
>> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>>
>> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
>> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>>

>> "cmarion" wrote:
>>
>> > You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does not
>> > work. Where did the feature go?????

0
TAJ
5/13/2010 8:31:15 AM
If you want to go to slide 50, just type 50 on your keyboard then Entry.
So you don't need any button
"cmarion" <cmarion@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
news: FDE3E0F1-0824-4DDB-AF09-E07CF5BA97D2@microsoft.com...
> You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does not
> work. Where did the feature go?????

0
jpforestier
5/13/2010 9:55:36 AM
There's no inbuilt way to do this. I usually switch to slide sorter view and
double click the relevant slide.
--

"cmarion" wrote:

> I have a large slide show and I want to go to slide 50. I can use the slide
> navigator, or scroll, but didn't there use to be a "go to slide number...."
> option?
> You can do it during a slide show, but I want to navigate quickly while
> editing a presentation.
>

> "John Wilson" wrote:
>
> > Go To...is not goto Slide it's go to (custom) property
> >
> > If you haven't added a custom property linked to content it will be greyed
> > out.
> >
> > Maybe if you explain what you need to do ...?
> > --
> > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> >
> > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
> >

> > "cmarion" wrote:
> >
> > > You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does not
> > > work. Where did the feature go?????
The request is to move to specific slide while editing, not in slide show
(the slide # + enter is functional during a slide show).

Troy @ TLC

"jpforestier" <jpforestier@aliceadsl.fr> wrote in message
> If you want to go to slide 50, just type 50 on your keyboard then Entry.
> So you don't need any button
> "cmarion" <cmarion@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
> news: FDE3E0F1-0824-4DDB-AF09-E07CF5BA97D2@microsoft.com...
>> You can add a Go To... button on the Quick Access toolbar, but it does
>> not
>> work. Where did the feature go?????

0
Troy

office 2007 professional in compatibility
Hi all, I run office 2003 for mac, in our mixed use environment at our company I have noticed that when I receive and excel file from someone in our office who has upgraded to 2007 for PC that the files come across as "winmail.dat" I looked at the downloads center and there is a patch for new file compatibility for office 2007 files but it appears to only be for PC users. I have searched the microsoft site for info on mac compatibility on these new file formats to no avail- any help out there? Sorry- I meant office 2004 On Sep 4, 7:40 pm, gl...@globalimaginginc.com wrote: > Hi...

Linking Access 2007 to Microsoft Project 2007
I have an application that tracks various projects with milestones and other dates. My client is interested in visually depicting some of this information, and would like to try using Microsoft Project. They have created a small Project file with data they extracted and manually entered into project. What we now want to do is figure out how to either link Project to Access to use the Access tables directly, or to use Access to identify "differences" between their data and what exists in the application. Does anyone have any experience in this area? What is th...

Saving 2003 up to 2007 ?
I just read the post about compressing a workbook, and thought I'd try it, and discovered that my work 2003 allows saving as 2007. ( I have 07 at home, and 03 at work.) How does that work out ? Regarding some of the 07 stuff that isn't available in 3, like sumifs. Or is it ? Thanks, Steve If you're going to use files under both 2003 and 2007, stick with 2003 worksheet functions, which means not using SUMIFS() and other new commands added if you do development/design in 2007. They're not going to work in 2003. You're probably best off with those w...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

downlowding powerpoint for free
Hi, I went to keyword and typed powerpoint view. I supposedly completed the installation correctly. Problem: It is in my computor C hard drive. When double clicking it I see SETUP & XLATORS (?). I double click again but I here would expect the FILE NAME box to contain something referring to powerpoint and it is blank. Below FILE OF TYPE reads PRESENTATION (*ppt:*pps;pot) . There is a dialog box to the bottom right saying NO PREVIEW AVAILABLE. So, did I or did I not install Powerpoint? Could someone help me. Thank you very much. This is the wrong forum for this question - try one o...

Altering Recurring Appointments
There are a couple of contingencies under which I would like to alter recurring appointments while retaining all previous appointments in the recurrence, but this usually results in all preceding appointments changing also. I don't know what to do in these circumstances and need some help: Suppose I have a recurring appointment every Tuesday and I want to change it to another day but retain all previous appointments in Outlook as is. How do I stop and restart the recurrence? Suppose I simply want to stop a recurrence prematurely and retain all previous appointments in the recur...

Office Enterprise 2007
I am trying to install Office Enterprise 2007 but I'm getting the following error; error 25004.config.xml not specified. I've uninstalled the Office Home & Student trial version, which was pre-installed on my laptop, and re-booted but this did not solve the problem. My Start Menu is still showing the Microsoft Office folder with each of the Enterprise 2007 applications but when I click on these I get the message "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". There are no Microsoft Office applications now shown in the Add/...

Autocorrect 2003 converted to 2007
Can someone tell me how to convert my Word 2003 autocorrect files to Word 2007? I have tried copying my MSO1033.acl to the building blocks/1033 folder, but when I click on quick parts, it throws up a dialog box with garbage in it. I have read through many of the messages, but they appear to be discussing moving from 2003 to 2003 or 2007 to 2007. Thanks for any help. You shouldn't have to do anything. If you're trying to move from one machine to another, just copy the file to the equivalent place it came from - the actual path varies according to Windows version, b...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Change web address color in word 2007
I created a Word 2007 document with a number of web addresses in it - all in black text. I accidentally "clicked" on one of the addresses and it changed from black to purple. I cannot change it back to black!! This should be very simple - change text color! How is it done? Purple is the color applied by the Followed Hyperlink character style. It would appear that you may have redefined the Hyperlink character style (or removed it from the hyperlinks), but that doesn't stop them from displaying the Followed Hyperlink style after they've been followed. You can m...

Getting hotmail into outlook 2007 mail folders.
I just got hotmail plus. Email goes into outlook but into separate folders created under my hotmail address. How do I get email to go into the regular outlook mail folders automatically? Thanks. "Prince Arthur" wrote in message news:F33A810E-955F-4999-8F16-9EB6807D9D95@microsoft.com... > I just got hotmail plus. Email goes into outlook but into separate > folders > created under my hotmail address. How do I get email to go into the > regular > outlook mail folders automatically? Thanks. Exchange and POP3 accounts get their messages aggregated into the one (de...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Exchange 2007 Mailboxes
I have got a client who is cleaning up mailboxes, e.g. deleteing mail, then emptying that, archiving mail etc...his mailbox was about 2.2GB, he remove a significant amount of items, however his mailbox still shows that size in the DB, for he is the only one there. I would have thought that it woudl have shrunk a bit. THis mail DB will be used for large mailbox users, so he is in a test phase when this came up. any one have any ideas? Policies are to delete deleted items after 30 days.. On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:21:01 -0700, psanborn <psanborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Action buttons in slides
I guess the buttons in the lower left of a slide (next slide, previous slide, etc) are referred to as action buttons. It must be in the Help somewhere, but I sure couldn't find it. They seem to appear on a random basis -- that is, on some slides and not in others OR what's worse sometimes when playing the show and sometimes not. All I want to do is to completely eliminate them in particular shows or at least be able to control them. There must be a way -- what am I missing. I am using PP 2003 under XP. Thank you. Hi Hickory Annoying, aren't they? You can tu...

the application microsoft (word, excel and powerpoint) quit unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel installed microsoft office 2008 in october 2008, and had no trouble. as of may/june 2009, i no longer wanted these icons (icons for word, excel and powerpoint) on my dock, and so removed. now when i try to open these applications, the message; the application microsoft word quit enexpectedly. mac os x and other applications are not affected. click relaunch to launch the application again. click report to see more details or send a report to apple. the report then says: Process: Microsoft Excel [319] Path: /Applicati...

Name Animation Objects
PPT 2007 generates names for customized animations that are comprized of multiple elements or items (e.g., Group1, Group2, Text1, Text2, etc.) Is there a way to "rename" these elements or must they keep the name assigned by PowerPoint.? Such a feature would make it much easier to modify or update PPT presentations since the names could then be made more appicable to the object(s). Thanx in advance for your assistance. You can alter the name of the group in the Selection & Visibilty pane. Home Tab > Editing > Select > Selection pane The changed na...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

How can I convert 2003 Word document into 2003 PowerPoint?
I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. Is it possible to convert the whole think into PowerPoint slides? I've tried, but all that shows is one slide with a heading and not each page. Thanks for any help! -- mae If your Word file is in Outline form, then when you import it into PP, it's supposed to make slides according to the heading levels (though I've never tried it). On May 18, 4:56=A0pm, mae <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. = =...

Installation problems with Money 2007 Deluxe
We are trying to upgrade from Money 2004 to 2007 Deluxe (purchased CD copy from a local store - not online upgrade). Even though we disabled our anti-virus software temporarily, the installation crashes because it it is not able to copy all of the necessary files to our hard drive (account on our home computer is Administrator - so that should not figure into it). Looking into the Knowledge Base (# Q313222), it recommends that we reset our Registry settings to their original values (computer was purchased in 2001 - running XP Home Edition with SP2). Naturally, I am loathe to tamper w...

Excel 2007 Saving Issue
After the April Office 2007 updates, Excel 2007 is unable to save a spreadsheet to a Windows NT 4.0 Server's shared folder. Has anyone else come across this issue and if so come up with a fix? Currently having to save the file to the desktop then copy to the shared folder. This issue is showing up on multiple machines. Update After working with this problem the Error message popup that comes up is "Document not Saved". Also Excel will write the file name to the server but the file is empty. "MartekMIS" wrote: > After the April Office 2007 upda...

Missing Folder in 2007
Have a client that has literally hundreds of folders and sub-folders and sub-sub folders in Outlook. They accidentally dragged a folder into another one and I'm just seeing if there is a simple way to find this folder without have to search each folder until it's found. This VBA example might do it: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=82&cmd=showitem -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:21:01 -0800 schrieb cid9...

copying charts in excel 2007
i create a chart by copying another one (i.e. Chart 2) and chage only Y-series. next, both charts are copied and pasted special (as link to excel) into powerpoint, but when i update both links, something strange happens - copied chart (in powerpoint) becomes first chart. i noticed that copied chart in excel is also named Chart 2. wtf? i compared situation to copying charts in excel 2003 and worked normal - how can i fix this in 2007. rgs ...

Word 2007 and Macro; Help needed
I have this macro that prints an address onto an envelope that I have selected in a letter. It doesn't work because the macro is printing only the first line of the address. In the example below, it prints "Collection Department" instead of the entire address which is: Collections Department Bruneel Tire Factory 5304 Chinden Blvd Boise, ID 83714 How can I make it work. I really need this macro. Thanks. John King jking482@q.com Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ActivePrinter = "HP Officejet 7400 series" ActiveDocument.Envelo...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...