VBA to convert PowerPoint presentation to Word

I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
PDF conversion.

I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
does not include any of the following:

- text added on a blank slide layout
- text in a text box
- tables.
- images.

Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
tables?

Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster
www.sfmta.com/webmaster

0
Charles

On 3/30/10 2:41 PM, Charles Belov wrote:
> I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
> PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
> PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
> PDF conversion.
>
> I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
> does not include any of the following:
>
> - text added on a blank slide layout
> - text in a text box
> - tables.
> - images.
>
> Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
> Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
> tables?
>
> Charles Belov
> SFMTA Webmaster
> www.sfmta.com/webmaster

I don't generally work with VBA between PowerPoint and Word, but I think
what you want to do is possible. I could imagine cycling through each
shape in each slide of a PowerPoint file and copying and pasting that
into a Word document. Basically, I'm saying that I'm fairly sure that it
is possible, but I can't give you specifics about how to do it.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

I keep having to force quit MS Word It also Freezes screen often
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep having to force quit MS Word. It won't quit when I hit quit. It also seems to Freeze the screen often and I have to restart. Help? Without having so much as an indication what version of Office you're using it's impossible to suggest anything other than the fundamentals; 1- Make sure your version of Office is fully updated, 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated, 3- Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, 4- Restart your Mac. If you continue to have a problem reply here with version specific in...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004
I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing the fonts in Font Book just before it determines they are corrupt. Wierd. <br><br> It has taken me over 1/2 ho...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Converting from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007
I just converted from Mail to Outlook. My inbox came over during conversion but not any of the Mail personal folders (winmail.fol) or any of the e-mail messages in these folders. I tried to import them but Mail doesn't file them as .pst folders. Is there a way to get these folders and the email in them into Outlook? As I understand it you Export msgs from Mail to Outlook "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:964C90B9-3AFC-4667-97D0-13047CCD116D@microsoft.com... >I just converted from Mail to Outlook. My inbox came over during >c...

Converting TOC to Text
I cut and paste text from a table of contents into a Word 2003 document. It is very lengthy and I'd rather not re-type the whole long list, since it would take a very long time. However, the TOC formatting is still in the document and I can't get rid of it. I can't include hyperlinks or change font color as a result. I've tried clearing all formatting without effect. Anyone know how to convert a TOC into text? Thanks! Ctrl+Shift+F9 will unlink it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &q...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Can I use Word to merge with the addresses in Outlook Express?
I am trying to do my Christmas labels and want to know if I can use Outlook Express for the addresses. At work we have Outlook 2003 and it is a simple task to merge because you have different categories you can use. I need help please! Megabite wrote: > I am trying to do my Christmas labels and want to know if I can use > Outlook Express for the addresses. At work we have Outlook 2003 and > it is a simple task to merge because you have different categories > you can use. I need help please! No - you can only use mail merge with Outlook. You could export the address book...

How do I convert a .tif or .pdf file to Excel?
I need to be able to scan something and transfer it from a .tif file or a ..pdf file into an Excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to do that? Please help me if you can. If it's a PDF file, from Acrobat you may be able to select the text, copy it, and paste into your spreadsheet. As for the tif file, you'd need to use OCR software. On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:59:03 -0700, "Kimstev" <Kimstev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to be able to scan something and transfer it from a .tif file or a >.pdf file into an Excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to do that?...

How to convert binary to decimal & vice versa?
hi! i wonder if anyone has ever tried to convert binary no. to decimal vice versa in excel? Thanks -- hmm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hmmm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39223 Like this.... A1: 125 B1: =DEC2BIN(A1) <---Results in 1111101 A2: 1111101 B2: =BIN2DEC(A2) <--Results in 125 Note: If those functions are not available, and return the #NAME? error: Tools>Addins...Select Analysist Toolpak Does that help?...

alphabetizing by first letter of exisitng list in Word 2007
Is there a way to cause an existing list to be organized by the first letter of each line of the list? On Jan 1, 11:12=A0am, jakson <jak...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to cause an existing list to be organized by the first let= ter of > each line of the list? =A0 Yes. You just asked 7 minutes earlier. Yes. See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Sorting_Lists_(Macro_methods).htm for some macro methods. jakson wrote: > Is there a way to cause an existing list to be organized by the first > letter of each line of the list? Probably ov...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Convert from MONEY 2006 to Quicken 2005
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CADFE7.019EBC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to = convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010. I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY = reports per the instructions. However when I try and run the Data = Converter I get the message The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken = and try. again. I checked ...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

"Unable to read file"message in Word & Excel
My PC has suddenly started displaying the above message whenever I attempt to open Word or Excel files on my hard disc. My files are not corrupted as I get the same error when using a diskette containing files which are months old. I use Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3 installed from an Office XP CD & Windows XP Home SP1. Is this a program or operating system error? I can find no help anywhere! Problems with both Word & Excel files occurred simultaneously. Just noticed similar problem with Powepoint, displaying "Powerpoint can't read <filename>" message. Any h...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...