VBA - Find and Replace a character

(PPT 2003 and sometimes 2007)

Hi, again.

Within every object on each of my slides, I want to replace Chr$(8482)
for Chr$(9674). I also want it then superscripted, and for it to
change characters in charts and wordart as well. But I'm stuck.
Everything I'm trying is just turning into a mess. Can anyone help
with this?

Thanks a lot,
Melina
0
Mel

Hello,
Take a look at this example and then adapt it to your needs.
http://skp.mvps.org/ppt00025.htm#2

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm

"Mel" <mel.turco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> (PPT 2003 and sometimes 2007)
>
> Hi, again.
>
> Within every object on each of my slides, I want to replace Chr$(8482)
> for Chr$(9674). I also want it then superscripted, and for it to
> change characters in charts and wordart as well. But I'm stuck.
> Everything I'm trying is just turning into a mess. Can anyone help
> with this?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Melina

0
Shyam
11/19/2009 11:46:38 PM
Thanks. But I can't figure out how can I make this search and replace
a character number such as replace Chr$(8482) with Chr$(9674). Can
this be done?

Thanks,
Melina

On Nov 19, 5:46=A0pm, "Shyam Pillai" <ShyamPil...@Gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Take a look at this example and then adapt it to your needs.http://skp.mv=
ps.org/ppt00025.htm#2

> Regards,
> Shyam Pillai
>
> Image Importer Wizard:http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm
>
> "Mel" <mel.tu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > (PPT 2003 and sometimes 2007)
>
> > Hi, again.
>
> > Within every object on each of my slides, I want to replace Chr$(8482)
> > for Chr$(9674). I also want it then superscripted, and for it to
> > change characters in charts and wordart as well. But I'm stuck.
> > Everything I'm trying is just turning into a mess. Can anyone help
> > with this?
>
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Melina

0
Mel
11/20/2009 3:31:33 PM
Can PPT not negotiate such high character numbers? My code works fine
with smaller character numbers. I'm just trying to replace the trade
mark symbol with the lozenge symbol. The numbers I'm using is what PPT
showed in recording a macro of inserting the symbols, so it'd appear
PPT recognizes the character numbers. What am I doing wrong? Do I need
to do something special with such high character numbers? This is what
I'm using...

Sub ReplaceChrs()

Dim oSld As Slide
Dim oShp As Shape
Dim oTxtRng As TextRange
Dim oTmpRng As TextRange
Dim SearchFor As String
Dim ReplaceWith As String
SearchFor =3D Chr(8482)
ReplaceWith =3D Chr(9674)

For Each oSld In ActivePresentation.Slides
 For Each oShp In oSld.Shapes
  If oShp.HasTextFrame Then
   If oShp.TextFrame.HasText Then
    Set oTxtRng =3D oShp.TextFrame.TextRange
    Set oTmpRng =3D oTxtRng.Replace(FindWhat:=3DSearchFor, _
    Replacewhat:=3DReplaceWith, WholeWords:=3DFalse)
    Do While Not oTmpRng Is Nothing
     Set oTxtRng =3D oTxtRng.Characters(oTmpRng.Start + oTmpRng.Length,
_
      oTxtRng.Length)
     Set oTmpRng =3D oTxtRng.Replace(FindWhat:=3DSearchFor, _
      Replacewhat:=3DReplaceWith, WholeWords:=3DFalse)
    Loop
   End If
  End If
 Next oShp
Next oSld

End Sub

On Nov 20, 9:31=A0am, Mel <mel.tu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks. But I can't figure out how can I make this search and replace
> a character number such as replace Chr$(8482) with Chr$(9674). Can
> this be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Melina
>
> On Nov 19, 5:46=A0pm, "Shyam Pillai" <ShyamPil...@Gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Take a look at this example and then adapt it to your needs.http://skp.=
mvps.org/ppt00025.htm#2

> > Regards,
> > Shyam Pillai
>
> > Image Importer Wizard:http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm
>
> > "Mel" <mel.tu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

..

> > > (PPT 2003 and sometimes 2007)
>
> > > Hi, again.
>
> > > Within every object on each of my slides, I want to replace Chr$(8482=
)
> > > for Chr$(9674). I also want it then superscripted, and for it to
> > > change characters in charts and wordart as well. But I'm stuck.
> > > Everything I'm trying is just turning into a mess. Can anyone help
> > > with this?
>
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > > Melina

0
Mel
11/20/2009 6:08:25 PM
In article <2c0eb7c9-606a-471f-b9b3-
827cdc6e19e8@k4g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, Mel wrote:
> Thanks. But I can't figure out how can I make this search and replace
> a character number such as replace Chr$(8482) with Chr$(9674). Can
> this be done?

Chr$(8482) gives me an error message.

Try ChrW$() instead of Chr$()

> Thanks,
> Melina
>
> On Nov 19, 5:46 pm, "Shyam Pillai" <ShyamPil...@Gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Take a look at this example and then adapt it to your needs.http://skp.mv
> ps.org/ppt00025.htm#2
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shyam Pillai
> >
> > Image Importer Wizard:http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm
> >
> > "Mel" <mel.tu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > (PPT 2003 and sometimes 2007)
> >
> > > Hi, again.
> >
> > > Within every object on each of my slides, I want to replace Chr$(8482)
> > > for Chr$(9674). I also want it then superscripted, and for it to
> > > change characters in charts and wordart as well. But I'm stuck.
> > > Everything I'm trying is just turning into a mess. Can anyone help
> > > with this?
> >
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > > Melina

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
11/20/2009 8:22:07 PM
THAT DID IT!!!

Ok, so can you enlighten me as to what's the difference between the
two (besides one worked and the other didn't.)

Thanks so much, Steve!!!

-Melina

On Nov 20, 2:22=A0pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> In article <2c0eb7c9-606a-471f-b9b3-
>
> 827cdc6e1...@k4g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, Mel wrote:
> > Thanks. But I can't figure out how can I make this search and replace
> > a character number such as replace Chr$(8482) with Chr$(9674). Can
> > this be done?
>
> Chr$(8482) gives me an error message.
>
> Try ChrW$() instead of Chr$()
>

> > Thanks,
> > Melina
>
> > On Nov 19, 5:46 pm, "Shyam Pillai" <ShyamPil...@Gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > Take a look at this example and then adapt it to your needs.http://sk=
p.mv
> > ps.org/ppt00025.htm#2
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Shyam Pillai
>
> > > Image Importer Wizard:http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm
>
> > > "Mel" <mel.tu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

0
Mel
11/20/2009 8:33:06 PM
In article <fb9523d1-66c6-49f8-9008-dd0a9020312b@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com>,
Mel wrote:
> THAT DID IT!!!

WooHOO!  Intuition strikes the right place once in a while.

> Ok, so can you enlighten me as to what's the difference between the
> two (besides one worked and the other didn't.)

The Chr$() function is supposed to be able to accept a Long as an argument, but
it only returns a single-byte character, so anything over 255 is a) meaningless
and b) will throw an error.

ChrW$() returns a "wide" (unicode/multi-byte) character, which is what you're
after.  Note that you can still run into weirdness if you ask for values > 255 in
text formatted in a single-byte font.

> Thanks so much, Steve!!!
>
> -Melina
>
> On Nov 20, 2:22 pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> > In article <2c0eb7c9-606a-471f-b9b3-
> >
> > 827cdc6e1...@k4g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, Mel wrote:
> > > Thanks. But I can't figure out how can I make this search and replace
> > > a character number such as replace Chr$(8482) with Chr$(9674). Can
> > > this be done?
> >
> > Chr$(8482) gives me an error message.
> >
> > Try ChrW$() instead of Chr$()
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Melina

> p.mv
> > > ps.org/ppt00025.htm#2

> 82)

> > ========================
> ======
> > PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
> >
> > PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

how replace comma with point in import data
I import some stocks prices from the web. They come in with a comma as decimal limitator and I need them to appear with a point instead. how can I convert it ? Set up your Windows Regional Options (in Control Panel) for the Format in which you want to read your input data. Format Cells/ Number for the way that you want to display the output. -- David Biddulph "Gepetto" <Gepetto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D214513-6C9B-4E14-8AAD-EF7012728197@microsoft.com... >I import some stocks prices from the web. They come in with a comma as > ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

vba select field

Replacing Characters
I have a column (lets say column A) that has values like the following: 15467 12099 2099 1312 What I would like to do is make column B replace the last 2 characters with zeros so that column b looks like the following: 15400 12000 2000 1300 Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Hi in B1 place =ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2) and copy this down for all rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:98032363-0DD8-4C4A-8C18-1C86C6DC2F8C@microsoft.com... > I have a column (lets say column A) that has values like the follow...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Japanese characters not displaying properly
Hello all, First off I would like to say thank you to anyone who posts a reply. The issue is a newly deployed Exchange 2003 server is not properly sending email written in Japanese lanaguage. This worked when the email server was Exchange 2000 Sp3. Server side: Windows 2003 Std. with Exchange 2003 Std. with McAfee Groupshield 6. Client side: (A nightmare) Outlook 97, 2000, XP, 2003; Outlook Express 97, 2000, XP; OWA 2003 using both Japanese language version and English version with Japanese language support. The Situation: The user types the message in Japanese which displays properly...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Copy to new sheet replacing existing data
The link below has VBA code to: Create a new sheet for all Unique values or paste it below the existing data if the sheet exists Ron de Bruin (last update 14-April-2009). http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5_5.htm What Adjustment should be done to replace the existing data if the sheet exists. here is the code: Sub Copy_To_Worksheets_2() 'Note: This macro use the function LastRow and SheetExists Dim My_Range As Range Dim FieldNum As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim ws2 As Worksheet Dim Lrow As Long Dim cell As Range Dim CCount As Long Di...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

Which Quicken Product to replace Money Plus ?
I just want to replace Microsoft Money Plus I only use it to keep track of Bank Accounts,CD"s & Credit Cards. I need it to automatically go to Banks & download all transactions. -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Because you listed CDs, I would recommend Quicken Windows 2010 Deluxe. It can automatically go to your bank and download and categorize your transactions. It has a one-step import function from Microsoft Money to preserve the financial history that you have already put together. Mitch Bayersdorfer <us...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...

Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 How do I do that? Also, And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed in my VWP1 username, and no records were found? VWP1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a >new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 >How do I do that? Why th...

Need VBA code that enters the F2 Key upon entering the Field
I am using Access 2000. I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in that field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field (textbox). Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without the user's intervention? "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E128AC11-3153-4A50-9873-F3BFACAC91B1@microsoft.com... >I am using Access 2000. > > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in > that > field, you can toggle Off and ON th...

Auto Calendars in VBA
Need to create a monthly schedule for work.To enter the dates (Numbers) into every other cell this is what I have so far Activecell.Select Activecell.Offset(0,2)=Activecell+1 I'm wondering is there an easier way to do this.Right now I have one module for the Year 2006 with sub's for each month.These will get called when form dropdown list show's that month. if frmMonth.cboMonth.Value="January" & frmMonth.cboYear.value="2006" then Call Year2006.Jan06 end if Is there an easier way to determine the today's date then creating Next month's c...

vba
salut j'ai une probleme sur vba que je n'arrive pas resoudre : j'ai un tableau de donnees (qui sont rentrees avec des userform). pour supprimer une ligne de ce tableau, j'ai cree un userform avec une liste deroulante dont la rowsource est la premiere colonne de mon tableau. je voudrais , en selectionnant une valeur ds cette liste, qu'elle soit selectionnee ds mon classeur excel pour que je puisse supprimer la ligne. merci de votre aide -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr ...