VBA- Application.Wait?

Does PowerPoint not have "Application.Wait" like Excel? Is there
another way to pause code for a few seconds in PPT 2003/2007 while a
small bat file runs?

-Mel
0
Mel

On 3/10/10 2:29 AM, Mel wrote:
> Does PowerPoint not have "Application.Wait" like Excel? Is there
> another way to pause code for a few seconds in PPT 2003/2007 while a
> small bat file runs?
>
> -Mel

 From Example 8.4 on my Web site (http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/):

Sub Wait()
     waitTime = 5
     Start = Timer
     While Timer < Start + waitTime
         DoEvents
     Wend
End Sub

This will wait for 5 seconds.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
ed55b9e151f5@g7g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, Mel wrote:
> Does PowerPoint not have "Application.Wait" like Excel? Is there
> another way to pause code for a few seconds in PPT 2003/2007 while a
> small bat file runs?

Put your macro to Sleep
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00466.htm

There are more sophisticated ways of doing it, like launching the bat
file and monitoring its window, not proceeding until it closes.  But if
you know that your bat file will complete in a short time and don't
mind waiting a few milliseconds extra here and there ... Sleep's the
simplest, most reliable way to get the job done.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

VLOOKUP in VBA

vba select field

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Problems porting application from VS6 to VS.NET
This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text, while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools. ---559023410-851401618-1090937522=:25951 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE Hello. I am experiencing problems with my application when I try to=20 compile it with Visual C++ .NET. It consists of a main program which loads an MFC extension DLL with its=20 own dialog box and some ActiveX controls. The program runs without errors when compiled with VC++ 6.0. There appeared to...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

User account mechanism in an application
Hello NG, I want to make an application which has an user account mechanism. Every user should also have specific permissions. The administrator can create new users and give them permissions for several functions in the Application. For now I have a simple inifile which is stored encrypted ( a simple user "database") (user.dat). This inifile contains information about what users exists and what permissions they have. I know that is not the best way and thats why I am posting - the key for this file is always the same and hard coded in the application. This is a very bad way but wher...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

Error while setting up environment for the application (NTVDM.exe)
Hi, My company has an application which is built with VC++ 7.0 ; While the application is running, some perl scripts are invoked by "CreateProcess" SDK API when some menu commands are executed. A client who is running our application on Windows XP Professional OS is encountering a problem while the application is running. The exact error message (title: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem) is "C:\Windows\system32\ntvdm.exe Error while setting up environment for the application. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application". The message box offers choices in the form o...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...

Making a primitive Excel application
Hello, I'm trying to make a primitive Excel application. It is almost done but i need some help. This application would be in my shoe store. At the end of each day one sheet(or maybe two, or three) should be E-mailed to me at home and I would put it in my excel app. Now my question is this: can this process be automated. This is what I would like to do: make a button in that Excel app and when it's pushed to send just one sheet by email. that would be the first step. Any suggestions? I know VB pretty ok. Could I maybe make this process something like this: could i connect my computer ...

Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 How do I do that? Also, And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed in my VWP1 username, and no records were found? VWP1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a >new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 >How do I do that? Why th...

Need VBA code that enters the F2 Key upon entering the Field
I am using Access 2000. I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in that field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field (textbox). Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without the user's intervention? "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E128AC11-3153-4A50-9873-F3BFACAC91B1@microsoft.com... >I am using Access 2000. > > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in > that > field, you can toggle Off and ON th...

Auto Calendars in VBA
Need to create a monthly schedule for work.To enter the dates (Numbers) into every other cell this is what I have so far Activecell.Select Activecell.Offset(0,2)=Activecell+1 I'm wondering is there an easier way to do this.Right now I have one module for the Year 2006 with sub's for each month.These will get called when form dropdown list show's that month. if frmMonth.cboMonth.Value="January" & frmMonth.cboYear.value="2006" then Call Year2006.Jan06 end if Is there an easier way to determine the today's date then creating Next month's c...

vba
salut j'ai une probleme sur vba que je n'arrive pas resoudre : j'ai un tableau de donnees (qui sont rentrees avec des userform). pour supprimer une ligne de ce tableau, j'ai cree un userform avec une liste deroulante dont la rowsource est la premiere colonne de mon tableau. je voudrais , en selectionnant une valeur ds cette liste, qu'elle soit selectionnee ds mon classeur excel pour que je puisse supprimer la ligne. merci de votre aide -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr ...

VBA Training
Are there any good books out there that would assist someone who wants to learn VBA from the ground up? Something that would take a person from a beginner to mid-level or beyond? Just wondering what others have done to become proficient. Rick Hi Rick, I bought a book for Excel 2000 that is loaded with all kinds of useful stuff. The book is called Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA, by John Walkenbach. It includes a CD. Over 800 pages, a big book. Donna "Rick" wrote: > Are there any good books out there that would assist someone who wants to > learn VBA from the ...