Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007

I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file.  Both files
are on same drive.  When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked
files were unavailable and can't be updated."  What is going on?  How do I
fix?

In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote:
> I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file.  Both files
> are on same drive.  When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked
> files were unavailable and can't be updated."  What is going on?  How do I

Are the linked files on a network drive?

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Excel 2007 - Insert Picture Bug - Locks Up Excel and CSRSS.EXE to 100%
I had a complex workbook, lots of tabs with a company logo on the top (in the worksheet not the header). Any time I accessed the "PrintArea" "PrintPreview" or other page layout features of Excel2007 the worksheet would lock up and the inserted graphics would disappear or blink on and off as you scrolled around the Excel work sheet (if you could scroll at all before it locked up). I was able to re create this behavior on a new blank worksheet (.xls and .xlsx). Any picture from .jpg, .wmf, or .png was causing the same problem. Inserted picture displays fine until...

How does Windows Update/Microsoft Update track installed updates
How does Windows Update/Microsoft Update keep track of installed updates? Does it check the filesystem for specific file versions or does it use a database of some sort to determine what is and what is not installed? Chris McFarling wrote: > How does Windows Update/Microsoft Update keep track of installed > updates? Does it check the filesystem for specific file versions or > does it use a database of some sort to determine what is and what is > not installed? It uses your registry entries. Windows registers everything in your registry. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

Auto Update in Money 2006
Auto update doesn't seem to working correctly all the time. When I manually do an update all is ok. For example, I started Money 2006 and the last update was 5 days ago (log states the same with no errors). When I did a manual update, I had ten transactions. I have re-installed Money 2006 and made turned online accounts off and back on. I also had sure mnybbsvc is a running task. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Comparing data and updating spreadsheets
I have two spreadsheets with Last Name and First Name columns. What I would like to do is compare the Last Name and First Name fields in Spreadsheet A to the same fields in Spreadsheet B. If there's a match, I would like to take the UserID from Spreadsheet A and update the UserID column in Spreadsheet B. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? when you say update the User ID on sheet two, is there an existing number which will be changed. if so, I would add a new column with the old IDs on sheet two and add a new IDcolumn wit =if(iserror(sumproduct(--(Sh1!Lastrange=last),--(Sh...

Software update that doesn't update
"To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK to close Money and begin the update now. OK or Cancel are my options. I click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may happen then I get an error message: "A software update is already in progress. Please try again when the update is complete." I click OK, Money is closed and nothing happens. I was using Money Plus trial version. I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in t...

update prices online
I'm using Money 2003 with Windows 98. Everything was fine until I downloaded Money updates in April 2004. I lost my capability to update quote prices online (the "update prices online" option in portfolio was gone) and only gives me the "update prices manually". Does anyone know what caused this? How can I get the "update prices online" option back? Thanks for any support you could give. If you have Money 2003 standard and installed it in April 2003, then it is possible that the update prices online feature has expired. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft...

Sharepoint 2007
Afternoon I need some help on SP2007. I have read that SP2010 has functionality for 'document sets'. It looks like this is a very useful function. A project I am working on the internal customer now wants this however we only have SP2007. I believe that we have purchased K2(some tool to help develop for SP) but I need a quick straight answer on other ways of replicating this functionality. Any help would be great as I am new to this application. Thanks Exactly what is the "functionality" your customer wants? --rms www.rmschneider.com ...

updates
yesterday downloaded updates. Just after sys reset I can't open Outlook. Errors detected in fir. use scanpst.exe (didn't work. Did reset to earlier day, still no work. Help please??? "metro mom" <metromom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4F06763-698D-42AA-94B7-FBE2697A0DC6@microsoft.com... > yesterday downloaded updates. Just after sys reset I can't open Outlook. > Errors detected in fir. use scanpst.exe Sorry, but there is no error message in Outlook that mentions "errors in fir". Do not paraphrase error mess...

Linked colums and more
Dear all, I am currently unable to solve the following issue. Column J is made up of numbers (1-100), each representing a certain code. Column I is made up of the time needed for the specific code. Time can be repetitive, and will change; meaning that a special code is not assigned a certain time. I am in particular interested in 33 (out of the 100 possible) codes. After having tried to create a new column with an OR statement I have encountered a restriction to 30 logical statements... How can I increase this? Or do you have another idea?/ approach? In general I would like to "ex...

Can not activate Visio trial version 2007
Downloaded trial version, got key code email. But when i click activate on email. No window open for me input key code. Check for blocked pop window ....it clear. ...

X error bar Excel 2007
I have 1 serie with 20 datapoints, defined as line-type graph A 2nd series represent the average of all 20 datapoints an is located at position 20 on the X-axis, defined as scatter-type I want to draw a line from this point towards the Y-axis, to mark the average. For this I use the X-error bar with a fixed value of 19; 20 cannot be used because the Y axis would shift 1 tick mark to the right (?) The number of datapoints is growing (here 20) and is located in a particular cell. Can I use this ref as custom error bar value but minus 1 so I don't have to change the value every time the ...

Word 2007
I have 2 issues. The first is trying to create a template with properties that will always come up. I cannot get the template to keep my changes. The second problem is when I save a new template, it gets saved into my documents and not into My Templates? Help. 'Properties that will always come up'? What properties? Word 2007 is less restrictive about the user of templates and thus will offer to save the template in the current folder. If you want to save them elsewhere you can navigate to the required location from the dialog. -- <>>< ><<> ...

When does foreign key update?
For the sake of simplicity, I have two tables, tbl1 and tbl2 tbl1 tbl1_pk primary key field1 field2 tbl2 tbl2_pk tbl1_fk field3 field4 Without a relationship defined, running a join query on tbl2.tbl1_fk=tbl1 _pk (it's a left out join, tbl1 is left) as record source to a form. On the form, on an insert, filling a value for field1 or field2 creates a primary key for tbl1 (expected). If I enter a value for field3, the foreign key gets set to the primary automatically. If I do NOT enter any data into field3 or 4 (tbl2), the foreign key is not updated, which id b...

How do I add an icon that shows how much left in a powerpoint?
How do I add an icon that shows how much is left of a powerpoint? I want my audience to know how much time is left or what percentage is left in my powerpoint... how is that done? melco take your pick Clocks and timers for PowerPoint http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00081.htm cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "melco" <melco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4A1C83-BBE0-4308-8AFB-E9D2154EA251@microsoft.com... > How...

recent Netbank update problem
Any NB users having automatic update problems with Transfers? An account transfer and an ATM store transaction were not automatically downloaded. I am asking here before I contact NB to see if others have a similar problem. This is a new problem as it has worked fine in the past. Not a big deal as I don't have too many ATM or other transfers. I have Mny03 Deluxe. Manual download works okay. ...

00/01/1900 In the date cell when linked cell is empty?
Hi I have 52 worksheets all linked up to a total sheet that is working very well thanks to RD All I need to do now is sort out the date this is copied from sheet1 onto the totals page and works fine when the date is put into sheet1. However if the cell is blank on sheet2 the date is put into the totals sheet as 00/01/1900 when the date is put in sheet2 all is well with the right date entered into the totals sheet. So how do I get the totals date to stay blank until the weekly sheets have a date put into the sheet please. the format I am using is below many thanks for all the help I ...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB975561)
fails all the time. Tried several MS remedies but to no avail. What remedies have you tried? Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? Have you run the Fix It on this page?... How to determine whether a computer is compatible with security update 97...

Updating Tax Rates
Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get loaded. However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled. is there a way to re-enable these fields. With out accurate tables, I can not accurately manage w4's this year. Only happens when you use the conventional File Status. Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go. "DU" wrote: > Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get loaded. > However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled. is > there ...

Outlook Client Auto Update
Hello everybody, Do you know if it's possible to see the patchid that are already installed with Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ClientPatchConfigurator ? Because i'm trying to remove an old rollup and even when running the patchconfigurator with the xml file that has the delete option and the patchid number, it always appear on a new installed outlook client... Thanks. Jeff. Check the [ClientPatchDetails] table in your MSCRM_CONFIG database, it contains the PatchId. "Jean-François Nivaille" wrote: > Hello everybody, > > Do you know if it's possible to see ...

Web pages will not update in IE8
Web pages will not update in IE8 I have a problem with a web page that does an automatic update. I use msn and foxnews.com as my home pages. Fox’s website does an automatic update for changes in news. This always worked fine with IE7, but now that I have change to IE8 it no longer will update unless I do it manually. Is this a problem with IE8 or is there a setting I need to change. As June Allyson used to say, "Depends." What's your setting IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | Check for newer versions of stored pages <...

Vista
Vista - What folder does Windows Update download updates to I had to reinstall Vista a couple of time and was surprised at amount of updates I had to install. So was wondering if I can save all of the updates in a folder on a exturnal hard drive for safe keeping THANK YOU Carpy -- carpy Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com carpy wrote: > Vista - What folder does Windows Update download updates to > > I had to reinstall Vista a couple of time and was surprised at > amount of updates > I had to install. So was wondering if I can save all of the update...

Meeting updates not being recieved through POP3
Our organization has pretty much everyone using Outlook in "Exchange Mode". I have one user that does not like exchange mode and uses POP3. From time to time he will get meeting updates that do not get pulled down by POP3 when checking his email. When he looks at webmail it shows the message is still sitting on the server but when he tries to open it he gets an HTTP 500 error. I tried looking at the HTTP error log but it doesn't seem to be turned on and I can't figure out how to turn it on. This only occurs when the user is recieving updated meeting requests. Th...

Chart allignment issue in 2007 but in 2003 its working fine
I created a chart in excel 2003, if manually change the Paper size from “Letter” to “A4” in excel 2003 there is no problem, but in excel 2007, 20% of bottom chart area is hiding. ...

Outlook 2007 cached mode OST size
Is there a way to control the OST size in cached mode other than by placing restrictions on the users mailbox. For example cache the last 30 days of mail in the OST? Thanks. No, but you should probably ask in an Exchange group for an = authoritative answer. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, ryanlsanders@gmail.com asked: | Is there a way to control the OST size in cached mode other than by | placing restricti...

Updating to 10.4.8
Before you update to 10.4.8, I suggest reading this thread on Apple Discussions: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3241663#3241663 It would be interesting to know if using the combo updater would solve the version update problem some users are experiencing for MS Office applications. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> The Entourage Blog lists the EHP as one of the top five Microsoft Entourage resources. <http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/> I would add to the thread's admonition to repair permissions, that...