Slides advance on mouse over - do not want

Hello There,
I have a ppt presentation that I got from someone else. The use for
this ppt is
as a kiosk slide show.  All the slides are set for advance on mouse
click only.

The problem is: If I select a slide from the main menu (the first
slide in the ppt).
it navigate to the slide indicated by the hyperlink on the main menu.
This is good.

But.... If the slide that I am viewing has buttons (aka hyperlinks) if
I leave the mouse over the hyperlink, or mouse over the hyperlinks on
the slide (most any slide in this ppt), after a short while, the
slideshow jumps back to the main menu without a mouse click, etc.

Someone said that this app is set to "return to the main menu"
automatically after 5 minutes, assuming no one has clicked or is
clicking a hyperlink.  Is there some way to
set timing like this in the kiosk mode?  This behavior happens even if
I deselect the kiosk mode.  This happens on desktop PCs as well as
laptops.

I am mystified -  Thanks for places to check,

eholz1
0
eholz1

Yes, kiosk mode returns you to the main slide after 5 minutes of inactivity,
but it's broken in a number of versions of PPT.

Chirag Dalal has an add-in that lets you specify this time. I wonder if it
was used on the presentation?
http://officeone.mvps.org/kioskassist/kioskassist.html You might install it
(it's a free add-in) and see if it allows you to change the reset timing.

Or I guess it could be something with the "mouse over hyperlinks."
Right-click one of the hyperlinks and choose Edit Hyperlink. Does it open
the Action Settings dialog? If so, what are the settings specified there?

"eholz1" <ewholz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello There,
> I have a ppt presentation that I got from someone else. The use for
> this ppt is
> as a kiosk slide show.  All the slides are set for advance on mouse
> click only.
>
> The problem is: If I select a slide from the main menu (the first
> slide in the ppt).
> it navigate to the slide indicated by the hyperlink on the main menu.
> This is good.
>
> But.... If the slide that I am viewing has buttons (aka hyperlinks) if
> I leave the mouse over the hyperlink, or mouse over the hyperlinks on
> the slide (most any slide in this ppt), after a short while, the
> slideshow jumps back to the main menu without a mouse click, etc.
>
> Someone said that this app is set to "return to the main menu"
> automatically after 5 minutes, assuming no one has clicked or is
> clicking a hyperlink.  Is there some way to
> set timing like this in the kiosk mode?  This behavior happens even if
> I deselect the kiosk mode.  This happens on desktop PCs as well as
> laptops.
>
> I am mystified -  Thanks for places to check,
>
> eholz1

0
Echo

Moving Mouse Closes Outlook #2
I have 1 machine running WIN2K & Office XP. Both Windows & Office have all current service packs applied and its running just fine with 1 exception. If I open Outllok, leave it open and move on to something else and tehn move the mouse Outlook closes. No error message and there is nothing in the event logs. Any suggestions on where to look woud be appreciated. ...

Advancing A Number With The Push A Button
Greeting, I have an invoice that uses a button to advance the invoice number by 1. When I wrote it the numbers were just numbers, but since then a letter has been added to the front of the number (was 17445 now D-017445). My advancing code no longer works and I don't know why! Here is the code: Private Sub GetNextInv_Click() Range("InvNoLast").Value = Range("InvNoLast").Value + 1 End Sub Anyone have an idea on how to fix it? Any help would be most appreciated. TIA -Minitman Hi one idea: why not format the cell with the custom format: "D-"00000...

Money 2005 Advanced Budget problems with Auto Budget
I currently have Microsoft Money 2005. So far I've been able to track spending, bills and account balances fine, but have never been able to get the budget function to work. Basically we charge pretty much everything and pay off the credit cards in full every month. This works for us. However, anytime I've tried to set up the budget, it not only brings over the charges in the auto budget (which I want it to do) but also the payment of the credit card, effectively showing the same charge twice. So I have 2 questions: 1. Anyone have any suggestions or experience as to how to not ...

PPT 07 from PPT03 imported slides doe not 'insert' slide number
Since migrating to MS Office 2007, my old slides when upgraded to PPT 07 will not allowme to add a page numberon the slides. I have saved the slide show to a new show, I have tried placin gin the field on Master View, I have simply tied the 'button' to insert slide number. I get no results, after multiple multiple efforts. Anyone fiind a work around? I do not need to re-build 60-slides for training just to have a page number. Hi, You need to ensure that the slide number placeholder is set in the master template. Slide master/ master layout/ tick slide number >...

propertysheet slide in/out
When I clicked on the different property pages, how to give a sense to sliding in/out? In other words, the next page slowly slides in, giving you a sense you are going to the next step. Somewhere I saw those kind of applications, anybody knows some samples? thanks I think those applications create there own proerty sheets (not using MFC property sheets). I haven't seen any way of overriding that behaviour. "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oa9Y68PaEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I clicked on the different property pages, h...

Announce reduced support hours more than 1/2 day in advance.
On Friday morning November 24th (The day after Thanksgiving) I called the support line a 1-888-477-7877. I did so to hear any special support hour changes that might be included in the support announcement. There was no announcement of reduced hours in the morning. However, when I called support at 3pm (PST), there was an announcement of reduced hours for Friday and Saturday. I observe that no announcement was on the website, or if it was, it was squirreled away in the maze of links on the website. The search feature on the website did not return any applicable hits for revised s...

slide show stops at first slide
When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops. What should I do? Minnie; We require a little more information to be able to help with your presentation, mainly the version of PowerPoint your using. You might want to check your slide transitions to make sure that advance to next slide on mouse click is not the only item checked. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F5FACB4-5F54-4561-A7FD-AA3D700642EF@microsoft.com... > When I click on "Sli...

ADVANCE FILTER SORT WINDOW
Hi! Could anyone please help me? I have this continuous form called "frm_Status01" with a button that has this code "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAdvancedFilterSort" to open the advance filter sort window. After I have completed selecting all the fields I wanted, key in all the cretirea, sort, etc then click the apply filter button shown at the advance filter sort window and my "frm_Status01" is already displayed and active. The advance filter sort window didn't close after I applied the filter. Is there any way to close it immediately after I applied the...

Want More Cash in a Day then most People Make in a Week?
Be glad you opened this message. One simple click of your mouse is simply going to fill your wallet. This system is a dream for any one trying to market a business. Why? Because we give you more leads than you can handle and pay you to do it. Yes you heard right, we will pay you for getting tons of people banging down your door. As top marketers we just leveled the playing field. Now any Average Joe can use our system get paid and become a top earner of any company. When you see are videos and our virtual spokes people you will fall off your chair. You are going to get your hands on a system t...

Saving animations in ppt slides
I have copied an excel graph in ppt. After creating custom animations by series, I edited some of the excel graph series so they do not animate. In other words, lets say I wanted to animate only 3 out of a group of 6 series of data. Whenever I save the file, it reverts back to animating every series in the graph. I want to save with only the three data fields that I need animated and not all of the series. HELP! Is this an Access question? If not, your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access...

Advanced Lookups #2
When I do a look up in the financial series (account number in financial Cards for example) I see the old lookup window, not the new windows I see in the other modules. I believe this is a security issue, but cant find where to go to set security to use these new lookup windows. Can someone direct me to this option? thanks! -- Doug Doug, If you change the view to By Alternate, Modified and Custom, then go under SmartList > Forms...all of these should have SmartList chosen...... Here is the KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;855550 ...

Spontaneous slide changes
I have been working on a PPT deck for several months, using MS Powerpoint 2007 and Windows XP. Today, for the first time, I found that slides and animations would advance spontaneously in a slide show. To my knowledge, I have changed nothing to make this happen. I would be grateful for any advice you can offer on how to solve this. Regards, Rob Parkinson Most probably, you have recently set the slides for automatic/timed transitions. PowerPoint moves through slide builds automatically, when the slide has automatic slide transitions. - Chirag PowerShow - View ...

copy a brochure to slides
How do I copy a brochure that I made on to slides for a presentation? ...

IE closes when I want to update flash, etc. malicious content mess
internet explorer 8 closes saying malicious content message, displayed constantly occuring with simplest of updates, and other day to day destinations like myspace links/pages. rock roll <rockroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > internet explorer 8 closes saying malicious content message, displayed > constantly occuring with simplest of updates, and other day to day > destinations like myspace links/pages. Time to scan your machine for viruses or other malware... ...

Advanced Queue fails to deliver message #2
A user is unable to receive email from the outside (at least on the 4 or 5 external accounts we tested it with). Everyone else internally can receive these messages no problem. The affected user has no rules enabled, the junk email filter is disabled, and Outlook is not in cached mode. Everyone in the company is running Outlook 2003 with the latest service packs and updates. The infrastructure is all Ex2k3 (SP2). When i track the message coming in, all it says is... > SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing > SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue > SMTP: A...

Shuffling my slides
I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they become random? You will need to use vba code Examples here: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00429.htm and here http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/vbasamples.html (scroll down) -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "drock7795" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they become > random? Tushar created a free add-in that I have used many times (primarily f...

Using mouse wheel to scroll drop down
How can I use my mouse wheel to scroll down a drop down list? ...

Advanced Filter Problem with Unique List
Ok, I've used Advanced Filter to created a unique list of City names. When the list is produced, the first city is always listed twice. The rest of the cities are unique. Has anyone ever experience this problem? I'm using Excel 2003. Please help !!!! Hi this normally happens when the column does not have a "heading" field, ie City. If you add a heading field into your data does it now work? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Faulk" <shane.faulkner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:111...

Advanced Budget Question
I recently decided I would try and setup a budget through MS Money and began the tedious process of getting all the #'s needed for each money and entering the data. Now I have a nice budget all setup and it looks great... Except for a little problem I noticed. For the current month it dhows that my income (and some expenses) are 2x what they should be. After further examination, I noticed that a paycheck on the 31st of the month is entered twice. I went to the Bill Calendar and it wa only listed there once. On the Bill summary it is only listed once. There is no way to delete the e...

How can I prevent publishing "hidden slides" in Acrobat format
I just want to publish or create an Adobe file of my non-hidden slides. Any ideas? AFAIK, if the slide is hidden it won't print unless you tell it. Make sure that when you print the checkmark is removed from the Print Hidden slides. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Lee Miller" <Lee Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:234764EA-EC7E-4E52-B2D7-5D3BEB95435E@microsoft.com... > I just want to publish or create an Adobe file of my non-hidden slides. > Any > ideas? ...

i want to get keydown messge in COMBOBOX....
i make a COMBOBOX in my project. i success get Keydown Message when combobox type is droplist. but i failure when type change is dropdown. how can i do get the keydown message at type is droplist. Try intercepting WM_VKEYTOITEM. This may give you what you need. joe On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:21:41 +0900, "ȫ����" <hongsj79@clickq.com> wrote: >i make a COMBOBOX in my project. >i success get Keydown Message when combobox type is droplist. >but i failure when type change is dropdown. > >how can i do get the keydown message at type is droplist. > Joseph M. N...

Advanced find, and the grouping and ungrouping of clauses
One of my users has come with this replicable issue: 1. Put in a number of line items in the Advanced Find, select the rows, and click "Group OR" 2. Run it - - it works fine. 3. Go back, ungroup the selection. 4. Add another line item, select rows, and click on the "Group OR" What happens: 1. The "OR" clause doesn't appear 2. The first line item in the Advanced Find disappears 3. There is a message of "Error on page" If you attempt to click "Group OR" again, the NEXT line item in the Advanced Find disappears. Has anyone else experience...

after each slide return to a certain slide
I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide? Thanks On 2/22/10 11:01 AM, Mary Sue wrote: > I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the > answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I > need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide? > > Thanks Here are a couple of things to try: (1) If they click on a butto...

2010 office beta
We are using some vb code to copy slides from one power point presentation to another. The code is working properly with the previous office versions (2007, XP etc). But, for office 2010 the code to paste slide to the destination presentation is not working. It shows an error message: "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)': Method 'Paste' of object 'Slides' failed" Please find attached PowerPoint2010-Error.JPG also. Code used to copy and paste the slides is as follows: Dim oSource As Presentation Dim oTarget As ...

How do I do a slide show in Publisher?
I need to do a slide show from Publisher...how? No tools found to help! Publisher doesn't do slide shows. Try PowerPoint... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB3B5FA1-0DB9-4E03-8B24-234FC1B50882@microsoft.com... >I need to do a slide show from Publisher...how? No tools found to help! Susan wrote: > I need to do a slide show from Publisher > ...how? No tools ...