Shrink text on overflow does not work in 2007

I changed the master slide, reset the slideshow slides and the text still
flows out of the placeholder.  I looked at the master and slideshow slides
and all have Shrink text on overflow checked.  What am I missing?  I need to
set this up for a physician who does not have time to change the font on each
slide.  Any help is appreciated.

Excel wrasp text
Can I get Excel's "wrap text" to work on merged cells like it does on a single cell. If I try to pick merge cells and wrap text for several cells, the text wraps as it is typed but once entered I only get one line unlike a single cell where the cell height increases to accomodate the text. You're right! As you probably know, Merge Cells doesn't automatically click the Wrap Text box in Format | Cells. But even if you click it manually, the Format | Rows | Autofit that works for individual cells doesn't seem to work if the text is in a set of horizontally-merged c...

Text to Columns Macro
Have a large spreadsheet, approximately 1000lines, exported from pdf to xml, then merged from multiple files using Ron deBruin RDBMerge Add-in (thanks, good macro, easy to use) - every third row is a some unformatted data in approx. 5 lines. I want to convert this to columns; I can do this manually by using text to column BUT - a) it is time consuming and I'd prefer to do it by macro; and b) after about 50 or so iterations, the Text to Column Wizard LOSES something, and says it is delimited instead of fixed column, and if I click fixed column, it loses the columns and I am expected ...

sorting by text
I have a list of domain names. from .com .net .org etc etc. they are scattered throughout the the list and i want to organize them. any help on this.? ryan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might do Data > Text to columns on the list and seggregate the elements of the "names" into separate columns. Then it would be a simple matter to group them by .com, .net, etc.........with multi-key sorts. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "rneedham >" <<rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nos...

Move Contacts To New Folder
I am new to Outlook 2007. I copied all of my contacts from a prior version of Outlook on another computer and they are now all in a single "contacts" folder. I would like to "split them up" into business contacts and personal contacts. Can I easily copy (or move) them from one folder to another? Yes - make the new folder and then select them and drag them to the new folder. You can select more than one at a time using Shift Click or Ctrl Click. Make sure to set the properties of the new Folder to Contain Contacts! Often in Outlook, less folders is best. The use of...

How can I delete ALL text boxes in Excel worksheets?
Somehow we have hundreds of text boxes, which you can not locate unless you are lucky enough to select one. Then we can remove them, is there a way to remove ALL text boxes easily? Hi Genesis, > Then we can remove them, is there a way to > remove ALL text boxes easily? > F5, special, Objects, del? Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Works great. Thank you. "Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote: > Hi Genesis, > > > Then we can remove them, is there a way to > > remove ALL text boxes easily? > > > > F5, special, Objects, de...

Text not continuing to wrap for large block of text in Excel cell
I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the same line out of the visible cell. Dragging the bottom of the cell down does not make the text appear. Line breaks in a cell can be enforced by <Alt>+<Enter>. Pls note the max cell width is 255 chars. "Mandra" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell > formatted to wrap text, but after...

Links in Text Boxes
Is it possible to add links to text boxes? I am using a 100% stacked column graph, but I need to show the total number of items that each column consists of. I've been told to add text boxes (which I really don't want to do because it will require manual updating all the time and look really bad), but I can't find a good way to display the count. If I add text boxes with links, it wouldn't be so bad. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks. Figured it out. Just have to press F2 before you enter the cell reference. :) ...

how to know the offset of title in text file
Dear All: here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each paragraph has a Title. Question: How Can I know what each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and length is . It is appreciated for someone answer! You have to know what defines a paragraph. If it is a special character, you can parse the file looking for said character. "terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message news:OAq5oz2KEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each > paragraph has a...

Text file IO
I have a class that inputs data from a text file. The files can be very large, and I'd like to display a progress bar to the user. Of course, to determine this I need to know the total number of lines in the file. What's the most efficient (i.e. fastest) way to get it? Right now I use brute force: I read through the entire file, counting the lines but not processing the data (code below). Then I reset the ifstream to prepare for reading the data. Is there a better way? Thanks, Chip // Construct ifstrem object for file input ifstream File(Filename, ios::nocreate); ******** // Coun...

Converting excel 2007 to tab delimeter text file
when I convert excel 2007 data into tab delimeter text file, it is adding two extra tab spaces at the end of each row, but it is not happending the same while converting excel 2003 into tab delimeter text file. please suggest me on this. Naresh, I don't think Excel 2007 adds any extra tabs. There might be a value in one of the cells somewhere beyond the columns with your data. Select 4-5 columns to the right of your data and clear them before saving in txt format. Did you test with the same file in both 2007 and 2003? "Naresh kumar" wrote: > when I...

full text search should include attachments
it would be more than convenient to have a full text search implemented which also includess attached documents or notes. We add quite a lot of review documents inside CRM and should have the possibility to search for their contents. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Remove text from a cell
Hi there I have some data in a spreadsheet which is an output from another program. One column has a series of numbers in it, each with the suffix of "kb" and I want to remove the kb from each cell so that I can sort by number. Is there an easy way to do this without having to edit each cell individually (I have about 600 rows!) thanks Trace Hi one way: Use 'Edit - Replace' the other way: use the formula =--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"kb","")) in a helper column >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >I have some data in a spreadsheet which is ...

Text box disappears with 2 columns
I have added a text box with 2 columns to an Excel spreadsheet. If I keep the text in 1 column, I can see it when I'm elsewhere on the spreadsheet but as soon as I create 2 columns, I can only read the text when I'm in the text box, otherwise the text box appears as blank. Help! ...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

ASCII text file import more than 65536 entries
Hello: I have used this macro to import the ASCII text file in excel. It is importing everything in the column A. I need to divide that into multiple columns as the normal import does. Can someone suggest a quick way of doing this? Sub LargeFileImport() 'Dimension Variables Dim ResultStr As String Dim FileName As String Dim FileNum As Integer Dim Counter As Double 'Ask User for File's Name FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename 'Check for no entry If FileName = "" Then End 'Get Next Available File Handle Number FileNum = FreeFile() 'Open Text File For Input ...

help with seting up a work sheet
i am trying to get my work sheet to add from left to right instead of up and down . im not familiar with excel and am not sure how to acomplish this thanks for any help Pinky -- pinky You can type =sum( then highlight what you want to sum ) and press enter Or you can click on the summation button, the funny looking E under the Help menu. And then select what you want to sum HTH -- _______________________ Naz, London "pinky" wrote: > > i am trying to get my work sheet to add from left to right instead of up > and down . im not familiar wit...

Migrating Protection Groups to shrink drive allocation
I accidentally allocated too much space for some of my protection groups, so I need to migrate my data in order to reconfigure my protection groups. Is there a script for migrating individual protection group data or steps to follow to do this? It would be nice if there was built-in support for shrinking volumes. After the data is migrated and the protection groups are recreated, I would need to migrate the data back into the newly created protection groups. Unfortunately, I don't have an additional array for permanent use, so the data would need to be put back on the exi...

shrinking the size of a MFC app
Hello. I am looking for a way to reduce the size of a MFC dialog based application. I need to statically link the MFC lib to my app, so the bare-bones wizard produced release mode do nothing app is about 240Kb. compressing it with UPX yelds an executable about 95Kb. I know many techniques to optimize an SDK app (ignoring default libs, for example) so I hope somebody can tell me how I can reduce the size of my MFC app. The statically linked lib and the small size are mandatory constraint for me. thanks in advance Marco. _________ dotnet.innovactive.it See if these articles helps your...

Why are extra newlines added to Plain Text messages I receive?
Every time a message arrives in my inbox (Outlook 2003), it contains 2 line breaks for every line ending. What do I do to correct this? Thanks, Mike ...

Add border to text block in vertical dimension.
Hello, I have been trying to add a border to the text block in the vertical dimension in the dimension stencil but haven't been able to do it successfully. I am a newbie at Visio. Thank you in advance for helping out. On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:28:43 -0600, zerocool <nospam_ravian216@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote: >Hello, > I have been trying to add a border to the text block in the vertical dimension > in the dimension stencil but haven't been able to do it successfully. I am a > newbie at Visio. Visio doesn't support text borders.You could create two vertical ...

Separating text from within string....
Hi all, My aim is to extract two different strings from one string. The text is : =SUMPRODUCT((Category="Sales & Distributions")*(Dept = "Marketing")*(Apr)) And i need to separate out into the "Sales & Distributions" and "Marketing", and most likely "Apr" as well. i have tried various combos of InStr, Mid, left etc. I can get the "S..& D.." but stumped on the last two. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers... Hi! Not real robust (specific to the sample you posted).... To extract "Marketing" (quo...

compare two text files and report differences in a text file format
I thought that perhaps that Compare-Object could be used as the basis of a script that takes two text files and creates a text file documenting differences, including the line numbers of the differing lines and the content of those lines. But I'm frustrated that I can't get past just outputting the content of the lines, and not the line numbers of differing content. Should I give up on Compare-Object or am I overlooking something? - Larry Hello Larry, > I thought that perhaps that Compare-Object could be used as the basis > of a script that takes two text f...

undo button isn't working -- HELP!
Undo button doesn't allow for multiple undo actions. In fact, most of the time, it doesn't seem to be active. Sometimes, I'm allowed to undo just the last action. HELP! There are actions that reset the undo stack. (saving a file, running almost any macro). But if you don't do anything that clears this stack, you should be able to go back a few actions. (And that macro that you're running can be a event macro--like a worksheet event that runs almost without your knowledge. Any chance that's what's happening?) Jennifer wrote: > > Undo button doesn...

OneNote 2007 has screwed up my Outlook syncing with my PocketPC device!!!
All, Ever since I installed the beta of OneNote, when I sync up Outlook with my Pocket PC, I no longer get the notes that are attaches to any Outlook item (Task\Calender\Contacts - notes\content field)!!! Is their a way of correcting this behavior so i can get the notes contact field from my Outlook file to sync with my PocketPC. Thanks in advance. - CES are you using outlook 2003 or outlook 2007? Which active Sync version do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help wi...

IsHyperlink not working for Unbound Textbox
My Access 2003 form contains unbound text boxes with the IsHyperlink property set to True but the pointer does not change to a hand as the mouse passes over. The mouse pointer does change to a hand if the text box is bound to a data source. Please tell me how to make the mouse pointer change to a hand as it passes over an unbound text box. On Sat, 8 May 2010 01:56:46 -0400, "DRedDog" <dreddog69@hotmail.com> wrote: When unbound, the change of the mouse pointer happens when you hover over the text in the textbox, not over the empty space in the textbox (unl...