Shape and custom layout shape

Hi,
Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent"
for shape on my slide ?

Regards,
Piotr

Not sure what you mean Piotr. Is this a shape in a group?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"Beautiful Piotr" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent"
> for shape on my slide ?
>
> Regards,
> Piotr
Hi,
What I was try to say :) is  :
I have custom layout and when I create slide I point on that layout.
So on my new slide I have for example 4 shapes from layout.
I add new one ( now 5).  When I browse Slide.Shapes collection I have 5
shapes - and this is ok. There is also Slide.CustomLayout.Shapes collection
and there is 4 shapes. But I cannot find corresponding shape from first
collection in second.

Thanks for help,
Regards,
Piotr

In article <10A07CD1-39E4-4B50-9828-7326EDDAE76E@microsoft.com>, Beautiful
Piotr wrote:
> Hi,
> What I was try to say :) is  :
> I have custom layout and when I create slide I point on that layout.
> So on my new slide I have for example 4 shapes from layout.
> I add new one ( now 5).  When I browse Slide.Shapes collection I have 5
> shapes - and this is ok. There is also Slide.CustomLayout.Shapes collection
> and there is 4 shapes. But I cannot find corresponding shape from first
> collection in second.

No.  If you want to collect ALL of the shapes someone sees when looking at the
slide you need to collect the shapes on the slide itself and the shapes on the
layout that the slide is based on.

> Thanks for help,
> Regards,
> Piotr
> "John Wilson" wrote:
>
> > Not sure what you mean Piotr. Is this a shape in a group?
> > --
> > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> >
> > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
> >

> > "Beautiful Piotr" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent"
> > > for shape on my slide ?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Piotr

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
2/16/2010 6:48:24 PM
Hi,
So when I modify placeholder on master slide how PP knows on which slide and
which shape should be modified ?

Regards,
Piotr

In article <36ADEEB9-E6DC-4953-8C62-46BE55CE816A@microsoft.com>, Beautiful Piotr
wrote:
> Hi,
> So when I modify placeholder on master slide how PP knows on which slide and
> which shape should be modified ?

I don't really understand the question.  That's just how PPT works.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Add Customer Email Address to Address or Customer Maintenance
Please, please please move the email address to the main address maintenance screen and maybe even the Customer maintenance screen. Email is a fact of life in business now and I'm tired of having to customize every version of Great Plains to move this field to these screens. Also, not having the email address on these main screens means that third-party soluions don't integrate with the email address. Even the CRM integration left it out. There doesn't seem to be any reason not to store it in the RM00102 and RM00101 tables. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for ...

Custom Data Validation
Greetings! How can I validate the cell value like 123.12345 or 123.12345.123 or 123.12345.123.123? The numbers can be different. Thanks. What is your rule for a string of numbers being a valid entry - your example and "the numbers can be different" is not enough to base even a guess on. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "luvgreen" <luvgreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546A4903-B1A7-4359-AAF2-A58638DF9F93@microsoft.com... > Greetings! > > How can I validate the cell value like 123.12345 or 123.12345.123 or > 123.12345.123.123? The num...

Customers' doubloons
Hello, Exists it an option for manage customers' doubloons under RMS 1.3R, that is same name, first name, address? Or it need manage that with a hook or a trigger under sql ? Thanks, Math Anybody does not have idea? Hi Math - if by "customer doubloons" you mean duplicate customers (the same customer created more than once in your database), you need to merge the customer records with a sql query; search the newsgroup, I believe I've seen it posted her before; and there's also a KB article that discusses this subject. "Math" wrote: > Hello, ...

Shape inside a shape
I know its gonna sound weird but i have an extense network and we have various networks inside the buildings what i want to do its put make a diagram for my main network and then when double-clicking or doing something the subnetwork pops up or double clicking shows in a side the sub network ; and is there an tooltexttip option for shapes?? Thanks. the usual advice is to have a page for your highlevel view and separate pages for your detailed views, using hyperlinks or off page connectors to move around. The tooltip/comments is documented in the help facilites on how to add them to th...

Customize Outlook Today #32
I am having trouble customizing my Outlook Taday view. When I click on the link in the upper right had corner to customize, nothing happens. Was there something that I might have missed on the original install as an option? Thanks "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ba101c3d921$b0277570$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am having trouble customizing my Outlook Taday view. > When I click on the link in the upper right had corner to > customize, nothing happens. Was there something that I > might have missed on the original install as an o...

Linking from shape to shapes in Visio
I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:24:05 -0700, Dave R <Dave R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save >as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! Web pages don't have that degree of granularity for destinations, there is just the page destination or the name destination, there is no mechanism to link to a part of an image. -- Regards, Paul Herb...

customizations in dexterity
i am doing cutomizations in dexterity. When a scroll window is filled with records , how to focus a particular record for e.g record number 10 in the scroll window . i have to complete this task with the dexterity code waiting for ur reply The tables for these are usually broken up to have a header and detail. The detail tables have a field for line item sequence number. You would match up the primary fields in the header table and join them with the detail table. The line item sequence works in multiples of 16384. Therese R "programmGP" wrote: > i am doing cutomization...

Create shape, name shape, add text to shape
Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes. Its working. ;) I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the shape as it is created. I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval 2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the sheet or in the entire workbook. Lets say It started with &qu...

Adding Fields into Customize Form (designing)
During customization. to add new field to the existing form , we will select Add field option in right hand side and navigate to find the attributes. It is very hard to navigate top to bottom to find the attirbute where we have more than 40 to 100fields. I request to add check box next to each attribute in attribute list form or search button is highly recommended. so that user no need to navigate top to bottom to add specific field. it saves lot of development time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

List of Customers & Partners
Hi everybody, How can I get a list of Dynamics GP customers? At least the large companies, so it can be used as a reference for GP. And how can I get the list of Dynamics GP Partners? Thanks. AMH Call Microsoft at 800-456-0025 and ask to speak to sales operations. A lot of times, unless you are a partner/customer you won't be able to get something like that. "AMH" <AMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFDDD42-3822-4EF9-AA54-C4ADEE5159C6@microsoft.com... > Hi everybody, > > How can I get a list of Dynamics GP customers? At least the large ...

Custom Draw and CListCtrl
Hi, I would like to write a custom draw CListCtrl and the first method I would like to implement is SetBkImage() (because it doesn't exist on PocketPC). My question is in which custom-draw method should I draw background ? What are the steps to follow ? Have you tried doing it with OnEraseBkgnd instead? Examples of CustomDraw in ListControl are available at codeproject/codeguru. -- Ajay "Mosfet" <mosfet@anonymous.org> wrote in message news:490c672c$0$26941$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > I would like to write a custom draw CListCtrl and the first metho...

Why do certain shapes don't fall into place in an org chart?
Hello, Using XP, Visio 2003. In an org chart, using the Org Chart stencil, why is it that certain shapes do not fall into place? For example, I've created an org chart with one executive, 3 managers, etc. and when I drag an assistant shape onto one of the managers, it goes right in the middle, on top of any shape that's there. Thanks! Helene ...

Remove Customizations
How do you remove all customizations(VBA, Modifier) for all forms from Great Plains? -- Cindy Open each form then go to Tools > Customize> Remove Current Window from Visual Basic. Hope it helps. Girish "Cindy" wrote: > How do you remove all customizations(VBA, Modifier) for all forms from Great > Plains? > -- > Cindy You can also disable it through TOOL>>Customize>>Customization Status "Girish Viriyur" wrote: > Open each form then go to Tools > Customize> Remove Current Window from > Visual Basic. Hope it helps. Girish...

Customize Outlook Today #36
The Customize Outlook Today does not work. Any ideas? "Russ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:867c01c3e9d1$a6bff320$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The Customize Outlook Today does not work. Any ideas? > www.google.com - about *40,000* hits..... ...

Discount Entity
Hi all I am trying to customize discounts in CRM 3.0 and altought the entity is "Customizable" it doesn't allow me to do anything...must be a pretty silly question but i am just starting here...thanks in advance! ...

Shape properties
I have created a drawing of our server racks. I have also gone into the custom properties of the shapes as they are laid out in the racks and I have entered the server names, serial numbers, BIOS versions, etc. of each shape and I want to display it in a table on a master list sheet. How do I do this? I know the data is usable, I just don't know how to effectively display it. Thanks Have you considered starting with Tools => Reports => New??? Al "Mark Hauschild" <mark.hauschild@remove.acc.af.mil> wrote in message news:O40OwRkfEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

How to customize error bars by VB code?
Hello NG, from a Visual Basic (6) project, I need to customize the error bar of a chart, to get a different value for each data point. In Excel, this is done with a range reference: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:= _ xlPlusValues, Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Hoja1!R1C3:R2C3" but I need to do this by VB code, in order to control a OLE-Chart. Reference to the datasheet-range is not working: oGraph.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _ Type:=xlCustom, Amount:=oGraph.Application.DataSheet.Range("A1:A3") Any ide...

Default shape text size
Is it possible to change the default shape text size before starting a flow chart or organisation chart? Also, is it possible to autofit the shape to accommodate the entered text. Both of these are possible in Igrafx Flowcharter. I can't answer that question, but I am looking for someone who can help me convert an old .abc file to visio. I no longer have a copy of ABC Flowcharter so i cannot update the file to a .af3 format that visio can import. any ideas? -- Texan "mhall@insightconsult.co.uk" wrote: > Is it possible to change the default shape text size before s...

Copy Publisher2003 customized toolbar for use on another computer
I created two customized toolbars in MS Publisher 2003. My program had to be reinstalled and now they are gone. Is there a way to save the customized toolbars in case this happens again? You could try the "Save my Settings" wizard. The settings are saved in a folder. Start, Microsoft Office Tools, Save my Settings Wizard. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sam_pocket" <sampocket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A4DEFE9-A589-4182-9691-884F2717DE66@microsoft.com... >I cre...

'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=' and 'Custom tool error'
I developed C# code which has been in production for more than a couple of years. The code includes the following: [XmlAttributeAttribute(Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance", Form=XmlSchemaForm.Qualified)] public string noNamespaceSchemaLocation { get { This code enabled the production of XML files with headers like this: <xxxDocument xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://xxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.xxx/xxxx/xxx/xxxx xxx.XSD" > ...

Hyperlink Cell to Shape on seperate worksheets
I am struggling with this. Here is my attempt to generate hyperlinks from a Cell (Sheet1) to a Shape (Sheet5). [code] Option Explicit Dim wksData As Worksheet Dim wksShps As Worksheet Dim Shp As Shape Dim rLook As Range Dim rFind As Range Dim shtCell Dim shtRange Dim shtLastRow Dim sBalloon As String Sub NumberToBalloon() 'Contributing author: shg 'create hyperlink from column D bubble number (sheet1) to balloon shape (sheet5) _ by text value 'Reverse of macro BalloonToNumber (author: shg) Sheets(1).Activate Sheets(1).Hyperlinks.Delete For Each shtC...

Problem Deleting A Range of shapes
Hi! I have a little problem with a part of a code. At first i use the following code to copy paste a rectangle to a range. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test() Dim Rng As Range Dim c As Range Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Result") Set Rng = ws.Range("A3:A" & ws.Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ws.Shapes("Rectangle 51").Copy For Each c In Rng c.Select ws.Paste Next c ws.Range("A1").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -------------------------...

Disable min/max/close items in custom menubar
I created a custom menu bar and unselected all default menus and toolbars at startup. But my custom menu bar still shows the min/restore/close options on the far right, along with the "Type a question for help" item. How can I hide or disable these? Kurt > But my custom menu bar still shows the min/restore/close options on > the far right Gee, I think all windows applications do have the minimize. If I launched an application that did not allow me to minimize the application, it would make be VERY angry. Totality unacceptable here. > along with the "Type a quest...

EXPERT HELP REQUIRED
Can any one offer any assistance with the following query. See example table in a worksheet; Column A B C D E F Seq Month C/C A/C Ac name Actual � 1 Jun 04 7313 30613 Training(NR) �2,250 2 Jun 04 7323 60301 Plant Hire �5,500 3 Jul 04 7324 30810 Prot clthng �1,500 4 Aug 04 7313 30612 Training (R) �6,500 ETC.... NOTES: -The data at the moment extends to 600 line items for one mont therefore potentially could be circa 7,500 line items -I dont want to use pivot tables as this is to be template to issue to other users with little or no...

Custom Report in Project 2007
I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific timeframe. How do I do that with user input? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Are you looking for predicted work in a graph, list of assignments, or what? What kind of user input are you expecting? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific > timefram...