REQ help: powerpoint printouts have blank lines down the middle

When printing powerpoint slides at work there is a clearly defined blank
rectangle running the entire length of the slide dividing the image on the
slide. Oddly enough if an image is placed on top of the original image that
2nd image is not affected. IE) if I were to print out a slide with a
screenshot of googlemaps and had pasted a picture in the center to depict a
building or landmark the googlemap image would have a blank rectangle, but
the pasted image would not be divided/affected.

This issue only affects powerpoint slides. There are no issues with .jpgs,
..pdfs, word, excel, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PL

Look for a somewhat hidden object on the slide.

Some printers have issues with transparent objects.  If you have a box on
the slide that is set to 99% or 100% transparency, you will not see it on
the slide, but the printer may be printing it non-transparent.

Bill Dilworth

"pLinc20171" <pLinc20171@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When printing powerpoint slides at work there is a clearly defined blank
> rectangle running the entire length of the slide dividing the image on the
> slide. Oddly enough if an image is placed on top of the original image
> that
> 2nd image is not affected. IE) if I were to print out a slide with a
> screenshot of googlemaps and had pasted a picture in the center to depict
> building or landmark the googlemap image would have a blank rectangle, but
> the pasted image would not be divided/affected.
>
> This issue only affects powerpoint slides. There are no issues with .jpgs,
> .pdfs, word, excel, etc.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> PL

0
Bill

help me!
hi all i am new to programing c# plz recommend me some c sharp books is dietel& dietel good book ? ? ? how many time i must get to programing to be a good programmer ? ? ? & do u think c# is the best program to learn ? ? ? when i should learn SQL server ? thanks of all Hi nicol, nicol wrote on 07.05.10 in microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp > i am new to programing c# That is no problem. Everyone started one time in the past. So you are welcome and we will always try to help when possible. > plz recommend me some c sharp books > is dietel& dietel...

SUMIF Problem
I am trying to sum a column of figures in one owksheet if it matches the name in the appropriate cell in another worksheet. I know it can do it but I cannot get the formast of the formula correct - any help greatly appreciated. I am trying to sum a group of marks for particyular students names that could appear several times in the whole column ie What I want to do is sum the marks in sheet 1 over the range F4 to F10 if name in Sheet 1 A4:A100 = the name in Sheet 2 A4. I then intend to copy this formula down so it will give me total scores for each name in the class. thanks David =SUMIF(S...

help me (age)
hello, i have service pack 2. But when i want to download an essential msn game file, the file won't regonize the publisher. and that's microsoft corporation publisher. what can i do?wich download do i have to chose? thanks nicolas,Belguim HUH? Publisher isn't a game. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nicolas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:158c01c51deb$073d8700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > i have service pack 2. But when i want to download an > essential msn game file, the file won't regonize the > p...

faxing with outlook 97, help!
i am running win 98 second edition and office 97. i can't get the outlook97 to open a fax connection. i don't want email through the outlook97, just the fax. how can i setup the fax? very inportant for me thanks to anyone who can help ...

Outlook 2003
Hi any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Outlook 2003 and I write my email using word as my email editor and HTML. When I send out what looks to me like a perfectly formatted email, other people, including hotmail users see very large spaces between my lines. Basically, whenever I hit the enter twice to start a new paragraph, it looks to others like I've skipped 4 or 5 lines. Is there anything I can do (short of using plain text) to fix this problem? Thanks so much for your help. Jacinda ...

Lines of a cell disappear HELP!
I have a spread sheet with various columns in use. I cut and pasted a formula from a different location into all of the cells of one column. The formula calculates the correct answer however the 4 lines that make up the cell (so to speak) vanish. How do I get them back? I tried changing the size of the cell but the lines do not come back. Hard to explain without seeing so I hope its clear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Peter -- pgruening ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Look Up help (repost)
Given the following sample data and layout: "data" sheet items sample A B 1 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 3 4 1 4 5 1 5 6 1 6 7 2 1 8 2 2 "map" sheet layout sample A B C D E F 1 1 2 3 4 5 2 1 ? 3 2 4 3 5 4 6 5 Could someone assist me with a look up formula for cells B2 - end to look if the data exists in data sheet list? If it does exist, then return "x"; if not, do nothing. Thank you in advance for any help. This is a repost of a previous message that I'm sure was not very clear. --DFruge On 25 Apr 2007 14:46:17 -0700, DF <dfruge@gmail.com> wrote: >Given...

Need help!
Hello, I need help. I generate charts, using macros, for my company. The macros are a fast tool when you have to do 40-50 charts a project. Well, my company had changed colors to the charts. As a result, I'm responsible updating the macros. Unfortantely, I'm not familiar with visual basic. The person who created the macros left the company. Can you please take a look at the excel files? Hopefully, this makes sense. Any suggestions and solutions are fully welcomed. Thanks in advanced! link: http://www.geocities.com/echenwick/ e-mail: echenwick...@SPAMMEyahoo.com ...

help with a select statement
Hi, I need some help with a select statement. I need a select statement that lookups to multiple tables. I am not sure a join will do. Here is my database: Table main: name, address, street_id, doctor_id, condition_id Table streets: Street_id, Street name Table Docs: Doctor_id, Doctor Name Table conditions: Condition_ID, Condition When I do a select * from main where name = 'test' I get: Test, 123, 32, 23, 66 I need to get: Test, 123, Main St, Dr. Smithe, Heart Attack I didn't come up with the database design but I do have to live with it. Thank...

Allow users to set up their own reusable filters for Req Mgmt
Allow Business Portal users to set up their own reusable filters for vendors and accounts for Requistion Management. The old eRequistions allowed you to maintain filters for accounts and vendors. When you searched for the vendor/account to enter, it would apply your filter and show you only those records you were interested in. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Help !!! I can not admin exchange server 5.5
Hi I have a 2k3 domain with one ADC, (2 BDC), E2k3 and EX5.5. Everything has been working upto yesterday and all of a suddenly, BOOOOMMM!!! Here is the scenerio. I enabled two settings in group policy (Allow anonymous SID/Name traslation and DO not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts) and after that, there was no access to all the public folders in exchange 2k3. Then I changed it back. Then I did a pfmigrate to replicate the folders from 55 to 2k3 (public and systems). Though I can see the folders, the contents are no longer visible, as if its has been deleted. Afterward, I tried t...

Overflow error on calculate field in query
Hi all Access Gurus: I am calculating field (actual a percentage based on the values of two other fields in the query) and am getting an overflow error when I try to sort on this field after the query has been displayed. If I do not try to sort on this field after the query has been displayed my calculation displays the percentage fine. My calculation is: Percent:([Good]-[Bad])/[Good] In the table where [Good] and [Bad] come from they both have the data type Number (field size double). Can anyone please tell me how I can prevent the overflow error? I don't see ho...

Help!
Does someone know how to buy/obtain diagrams of Symbol Pdt 3100 mainboards (both old switch board type and new switch cable type)? I need them in order to do some maintenance to the terminals, but I couldn't buy/obtain them from Symbol. Thank you in advance Tecnico NSC ...

Help me understand mysterious Temp files.
Three of these appear every time I log on to Windows, in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp. I can always delete all but the three most recent. I see repeated references to Adobe Photoshop, which is not now nor has it ever been installed on my computer--though I do use the Adobe PDF Reader. I've heard lately of a strange new kind of "cookie," but can't remember what it's called. Could that be what these are? I'd like to know why they appear all the time, and have for several years. They don't do any apparent harm, but d...

Conditional Formatting help....
Hi All, Background: I have a cell That I'm checking these three conditions against. B5= 100%, C5 = Blank Three conditional formats: =AND((B5-C5)>=1%,($B5-C5)<=9%) (Background=YelloW (91% to 99%)) =AND((B5-C5)>=10%) - (Background =Red (below 90%)) =AND((C5>=B5) - (Background=Green (100% or greater)) Problem: Before any data is entered the cells are all colored red because the value in them is 0 by default. Is there a way to get around this? I would like the user to enter a 0, have the cell check the conditions, and then turn it ...

HELP-The XML passed to the platform is not well-formed xml.
Both my test system and my live system are experiencing this. I cannot import, export or customize anything. I know the entity (and relationships) that are causing the problem but I do not know how to reverse out of it. Can anyone help? Thanks Saira Ive had this problem on my vmware images before, and the only way i got around it was to restore. "Saira" wrote: > Both my test system and my live system are experiencing this. > I cannot import, export or customize anything. > I know the entity (and relationships) that are causing the problem but I do > not know how...

My cursor disappears when I enter at end of line
When I am typing in word my cursor dissappears after I 'enter' at the end of a line and if i try to tab across I cannot see where I am before I start typing again. Its driving me round the bend. Any help would be appreciated. Does this happen anywhere within the text? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "billyboy1945" <billyboy1945@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB3BFC58-D388-4297-9E08-9A7828229CEA@microsoft.com... > When I am typing in word my cursor dissappears after I 'enter' at the end > of > a line and if i ...

Req.: Formula
Hello, I hope if somebody can help me out with a formule: I have 3 columns, and in this example 8 rows Column A1:A8 are letters ( alphabetical), if I fill in a digit in B1,B2, B3 etc the results should be shown in in column C1,C, C3 etc. So if I fill in a in cell B1 the result in C1 should be the letter in cell A2, if I fill in the 4 in B2 the result in C2 should be the letter in cell A4 etc. e.g: A B C 1 a 2 b 2 b 4 d 3 c 8 g 4 d 3 c 5 e 5 e 6 f 1 a...

Need some help
I have been having issues with microsoft office the past couple of weeks about the entire thing itself and got fustrated enough I needed to find a tech forum to help me out. So heres the problem everytime I try to add remove edit or put my serial key into the program I get the fun error Setup cannot continue because a required file is corrupted or not available..... etc Now before you quote off some microsoft help sites Ill add in I have already tried to install the microsoft utility package but heres the error I get when I try to install that. I get a script error code 800A004...

Error message 0x800ccc92 in outlook 2002.. help
I keep getting error message when i try to send email in outlook 2002, just happened. I have checked my account details, they are correct, please help ...

lotus connector..pls help
Hi, We are running Lotus Domino R5 & therefore using Notes client 5.x. Now, we recently downloaded Exchange Notes Connector software, which "only supports" Notes client version 6.x. It is obvious that company will not purchase R6 just to install Notes client 6.x on Notes connector server. Is there an alternative to this? Any help appreciated. thanks in advance, If you doing this for the purpose of a migration, you can always download the fully functional trial version of the client from the Notes website. I believe it is either a 90 or 120 day trial and that shoul...

Help with Model Dialog in WinXP.
Hi All, I have this strage problem, it works in all previous releases of Windows except WinXP. In a Dialog based widnows. I create a modeless dialog (means using create instead of DoModel). Then create another Modeless dialog within this dialog. And finally with a model dialog (DoModel). The problem is. This final dialog will not show up until I press ALT key. Besides, it will goes into the background, if I click on the modeless parent. I am still using VC 6.0 Anybody has any clue? Thansk in advance. >I have this strage problem, it works in all previous releases of Windows >e...

HELP! #7
After trying to handle some files that were just too big - the server was kind enough to sweep them away. Now I have two messages in my out box. One of them -to my wife fortunately, has been sent to her about ten times, yet remains in my out box. When I try to delete them, I receive an error window telling me I can not do so due to an unknown error - and that I should restart outlook (which I've done upwards of a dozen times). This is a long shot but try setting Outlook to the offline state (on the File menu), stop & restart Outlook then try deleting the item "bill"...

Need Help Fixing GDI Leaks
I have an application which is heavily graphics intensive, all the graphics being custom. Scattered throughout by app, I have MyView->OnDraw( this->GetDC() ); Apparently, each call to this->GetDC() creates a GDI object and, 16,000 or so calls to OnDraw() results in the Application hanging because it can no longer create any new GDI objects ( I know, 16,384 ) I tried CDC* pTheDC = this->GetDC(); this->OnDraw( pTheDC ); pTheDC->DeleteDC(); This took care of the GDI leak, but causes problems elsewhere, specfically in the CView::OnPa...

Line chart from multiple worksheets
Hello all... I am having some difficulty in creating a line chart from multiple worksheets. All the data elements are in the same field on all worksheets, on worksheet for each month. I need to create a line chart using the data contained in several fields, for example: Chart one, line one, all data contained in the 12 worksheets located in field B13 Chart one, line two, all data contained in the 12 worksheets located in field D34 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers I don't think you can do it conveniently your best bet is to probaly use a helper sheet in column...