problem with .emf files in PP

I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it prints
just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the screen.  Because I have
background I can’t use other formats , I tried  wmf and results are the same
and png format has just opposite results ( they look good on the screen  ,
but print poorly) . Any suggestions?
--
Best regards,
Edward

In article <BC0B10E0-ED3F-4111-B2D5-100863C5B6D2@microsoft.com>, Edward wrote:
> I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it prints
> just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the screen.  Because I have
> background I can�t use other formats , I tried  wmf and results are the same
> and png format has just opposite results ( they look good on the screen  ,
> but print poorly) . Any suggestions?

Enlarge the graphic in Illustrator before exporting it to EMF.
That sometimes helps.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/30/2010 1:36:17 AM
=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?= <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it
> prints just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the screen.  Because
> I have background I can’t use other formats , I tried  wmf and
> results are the same and png format has just opposite results ( they
> look good on the screen  , but print poorly) . Any suggestions?

Try a higher resolution PNG file. People usually use those at screen
resolution (96 ppi or even 72 ppi), but a small compressed logo can as well
have 300 ppi (or at least 200 ppi) making it print nicely.
0
Matti
3/30/2010 6:22:32 AM
Thanks Steve, as always your suggestion worked fine .
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <BC0B10E0-ED3F-4111-B2D5-100863C5B6D2@microsoft.com>, Edward wrote:
> > I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it prints
> > just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the screen.  Because I have
> > background I can’t use other formats , I tried  wmf and results are the same
> > and png format has just opposite results ( they look good on the screen  ,
> > but print poorly) . Any suggestions?
>
> Enlarge the graphic in Illustrator before exporting it to EMF.
> That sometimes helps.
>
> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/
>

> .

I used 600 dpi which is higher than printer resulution and it still doesn't
print well.
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Matti Vuori" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?= <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it
> > prints just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the screen.  Because
> > I have background I can’t use other formats , I tried  wmf and
> > results are the same and png format has just opposite results ( they
> > look good on the screen  , but print poorly) . Any suggestions?
>
> Try a higher resolution PNG file. People usually use those at screen
> resolution (96 ppi or even 72 ppi), but a small compressed logo can as well
> have 300 ppi (or at least 200 ppi) making it print nicely.
> .

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpful to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! Add "Document Location" to the QAT. You'll find it in the "Com...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...

Cell Format

How do I keep the active file open after saving copy, please?
I am using Excel 97 with OS WINNT. I have recorded a macro which copies the first sheet called "Daily from my source workbook to a new workbook, names this new workbook "PO Commencements (Today's date)".xls, and closes the new workbook. It i also closing the source workbook. I would like to keep the source workbook open after the copyin process. Alternatively, automatically reopen the source workbook a there is another step to be undertaken before I finish with the boo for the day. If I perform these steps manually, only the destinatio workbook closes and I can continue w...

publisher file type
Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files. Files saved in Publisher save as WORD files even though Publisher is selected in Save As Well only for you. But before we try and guess what you are doing wrong maybe you could supply a little more information about the version you are using and what you are really doing because it seems to be a problem unique to you. John G. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:54:01 -0800, RandyP <RandyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files. Files saved in Publisher save as >WORD files even though Publisher is...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem