Presentation Properties

I have PPT 2007.  I have always wondered how to make good use of the
Powerpoint Properties dialog box.
How can Keywords and Category, for example, be put to good use?  What
searching system can look inside the properties? Are any properties
useful for SEO if a presentation is posted on a website?
Thank you.
Alessandra
0
Alessandra

In article <51fec317-0258-4865-8da6-
dff4d72bdfae@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>, Alessandra wrote:
> I have PPT 2007.  I have always wondered how to make good use of the
> Powerpoint Properties dialog box.
> How can Keywords and Category, for example, be put to good use?  What
> searching system can look inside the properties? Are any properties
> useful for SEO if a presentation is posted on a website?

I think that Windows' own search feature will let you search for
property values; not sure of other search programs.

Our PPT2HTML PowerPoint to HTML conversion add-in allows you to use any
of these properties anywhere in the HTML you like, so you could put
them to use for SEO purposes ... include the PPT keywords in the HTML
keywords section, for example.  Free demo available at
http://www.pptools.com/ppt2html/

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Error message: Compile error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
Hey guys :) I'm turning really mad at Excel VBa. Some days work with recording etc seems to be a waste..... The debugger stops one of my many, but very tiny, little macros at this point: Range("A7").Select ..=2E and presents this &%&&!!=A4=A4 error-message (sorry for the language - but I'm frustrated): Error message: Compile error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment The same error occurs in every step that use range.select commands I have no clue how to fix this in the macro that until recently run well.=20 I hope for Your help.=2...

Investment Property
I would like to display in my P&L Stmt a "Potential Rent Income" line (maybe created from an invoice and then underneat an "Actual Rent Income" line that I assume would pay partial or full invoice amt. Has anyone out there been successful? Thanks! ...

Presentation Properties
I have PPT 2007. I have always wondered how to make good use of the Powerpoint Properties dialog box. How can Keywords and Category, for example, be put to good use? What searching system can look inside the properties? Are any properties useful for SEO if a presentation is posted on a website? Thank you. Alessandra In article <51fec317-0258-4865-8da6- dff4d72bdfae@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>, Alessandra wrote: > I have PPT 2007. I have always wondered how to make good use of the > Powerpoint Properties dialog box. > How can Keywords and Category, for example, be...

property serialisation get and set
Hi, When I serialise a class to XML which has properties I sometimes have properties that are like this - public double SpeedMPH { get { return (double)Math.Round(windSpeed*2.23693629,2); } } There is no set accessor for it but one must exist for serialisation to occur. So I normally end writing a set that has something in it like public double SpeedMPH { get { return (double)Math.Round(windSpeed*2.23693629,2); } set { int p=0xf; } } This is obviously not best practice, what is the solution? You could put an XmlIgnore attribute on it as it's not part of the persi...

Setting Visible property between forms
When I set a visible property for a two labels on a form based on the information from a second form, I'm getting an issue with one of the labels not becoming visible based on which order the code is in. Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.PositionApplied1 <> "Site Coordinator" Then If Form_frmApplicants.USResident = False Then Form_frmApplicants.Label57.Visible = True Form_frmApplicants.Label59.Visible = True Else: Form_frmApplicants.Label57.Visible = False Form_frmApplicants.Label59.Visible = False End If End If If Me.PositionApplied1 &...

Multiple instances of a property sheet
I have two windows as part of my application, say W1 and W2. They are both derived from CFrameWnd. I have a class derived from CPropertySheet that is instantiated/displayed by both windows. When I create an instance of my property sheet (let's call it P1) from W1 (the property sheet is modal to W1) and then create another instance of my property sheet (P2) from W2 (modal to W2), I cannot close P1 by clicking OK or Cancel. Clicking OK or Cancel is completely ineffective; the dialog remains open. Then, if I close P2 by clicking OK or Cancel, both property sheets are closed. I augment CProp...

Graphs not present
I cannot seem to be able to view graphs in Excel 2002. Any ideas.... DMJ Which graphs would those be? Graphs you created? Graphs in a workbook that was sent to you? More detail please. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:24:32 -0400, "DMJ" <kmd@hotmail> wrote: >I cannot seem to be able to view graphs in Excel 2002. > >Any ideas.... > ...

newbie: How can I get the querystring from the presenter?
Hi asp.net 4.0 vs2010 I wonder how I can get the querystring from within the presenter? Jeff wrote: > Hi > > asp.net 4.0 > vs2010 > > I wonder how I can get the querystring from within the presenter? > > What presenter? Sorry, I thought there was only one type of presenter in the .net framework "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message news:%23P0csJGHLHA.1972@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Jeff wrote: >> Hi >> >> asp.net 4.0 >> vs2010 >> >> I wonder how I can get the ...

Linking a one Presentation to Another Presentation
I have several presentations that are linked to my main presentation so when you click a link the secondary presentation opens up. My problem is that everytime I click a link that new presentation opens, which is good, but it doesn't close when I link back to the "home page". Is it possible to have a presentation close when you click the link back to the home page? This sounds like a PowerPoint question? On Mar 17, 8:49=A0am, ElizabethS <Elizabe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several presentations that are linked to my main presentation so...

Presenting and hiding the Naviagation pane
I can press a key sequence (Ctl+N) and get the Navigation pane, but is there a mechanism to hide it via a key stroke, such as Ctl+Shift+N? -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little No, but you may be able to create one using an AutoKeys macro. Create a function in a standard module named something like basUtilities (aircode): Public Function HideNavPain() DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "MSysObjects", True DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide End Function You can change acTable to acForm and use one of your form names. Now create a macro and name it AutoKeys. That name is a...

Raptivity Presenter
Trying to get my head and a presentation wrapped around the new = Raptivity Presenter. It really looks great, and I have been working = with it a bit, or trying to, as time allows, which is not as much as I'd = like. I have covered all the info and samples on the Raptivity website, = but, I still don't fully understand how it works in the PPT = presentation. Also, as I understand, it only works in PPT apps, which I = rarely use anymore, and does not work with the PPTX.=20 I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and might have some tips, = suggestions, recommendations or...

ShellExecute to display windows property dialog
Hi EveryBody, This group has helped earlier to solve my problems and I hope I may get some help this time as well. I want to dispaly the windows property dialog for files through my application developed using VC6.0. I am using the function ShellExecuteEx with the "properties" verb to display the dialog. However, I am facing a problem while displaying the dialog for .tiff files on Win98/WinME systems. I tried putting the thing in a separate thread as I read somewhere that ot may help, but no success. I tired using the function ShellExecute, but it does not display the dialog. Can a...

ScrollBar property
Hello, I have a scroll bar to control the x axis of a chart. Can I set the MAX value in the Scrollbar Property form to be linked to cell in the spreadsheet rather than a fixed amount . I if so how do I do it. I tried just entering the cell reference but it rejects it as an invalid property. Thank you in advance. One way that might work is if you put the Max formula into a spare cell and then reference your Scrollbar property to that cell. Rgds, ScottO "Ben" <isy.taman@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:dk3qjc$d25$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... | Hello, | I...

Changing Properties of Fields in Table
Below is part of a code that somebody had given me to change the property of a field (in this case to make the field a required field). fld1.properties("Required") = True What do I need to do if I want to modify this line of code to do the following: a) Change a field to have a DATATYPE of Number b) FIELD SIZE should be DOUBLE Any help will be appreciated. Toks You cannot change data types in that way. Your choices are: 1) Create a new field of the correct type, run an Update query to transfer the data from the old field to the new field, delete the old field then rename ...

Multiple Excel Worksheets into Presentations
I have an Excel 2007 file with 8 worksheets. How can I get them into an 8 slide PowerPoint 2007 in a method quicker than Copy/Paste each sheet onto separate slides. I am hopeful that there is an import method that can be employed. Thank you Marsh In article <5F0ACDA1-1414-49A9-B9FE-094B255E2C29@microsoft.com>, Marsh wrote: > I have an Excel 2007 file with 8 worksheets. > How can I get them into an 8 slide PowerPoint 2007 in a method quicker than > Copy/Paste each sheet onto separate slides. I am hopeful that there is an > import method that can be employed. ...

Error Failed to create named Property
We are getting the below error on our Exchange 2007 server. We have modified the registry to try and stop this but it is still happening. Anyone have any ideas. Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (9216). User attempting to create the named property: "NETWORK SERVICE" Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Named property name/id: "x-khdp" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=820379 -- Ed ...

getting email address of To property in Outlook Inbox and From property in Outlook Outbox
I have a requirement to get the email address to whom emails in the Outlook inbox was sent as well as the From address for emails in the Outlook outbox. I have only looked into making this happen with the Inbox scenario thus far. Here are the problems I am running into. I first tried getting the information by for eaching through the Recipients property. But the Address property is always null. Then if I check the To property I don't get the email address but just the full name of the person that owns the email address. The ReceivedByName property gives me the same thing as the To prop...

property serialisation
Hi , i have : public classA { private int id; public int id{get...,set....) } i want to serialize the field id,but i don't want to make him public(it works like that way). in the msdn it noted that public properties can be serialize too,but when i put the[xmlattribute] with the property-it fails. do i have to make my field public, or i can work just with the property? thanks erez erez shalom wrote: > i have : > > public classA > { > > private int id; > > public int id{get...,set....) > } Actually that's synatax error. You cannot have field and p...

Presentation
I prepared a powerpoint presentation and saved it on my computer. I have the 2003 version. When I opened it on another computer with the same 2003 version some slides were not lined up. The senteneces were off the page and some were continued on another line not making any sense. Why did this happen and how can we resolve it. Thanks Possible cause is you used a font that wasn't installed on PC 2 -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Marilyn" wrot...

viewing as slide show when presentation starts
hey, Please tip how to make the presentation start as slide show when open (without pressing F5 or any other key...) i cant find the option for this.... Thanks in advance! olinka Olinka, Assuming you have PPT 2003, open your slideshow, file, save as, in the save as list choose PowerPoint show (*.pps). -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "olinka" <olinka.gir@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:e02d193e-f53b-42e3-98bd-3185e4a450cc@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > hey, > > Please tip how to make the presentation start as slide show when open &g...

Binding a Textbox to a property
I have a property "TotalCost" of type int and a TextBox "tbTotalCost" in the main form "Form1" and was wondering how to bind one to the other tbTotalCost.DataBinding.Add("Text",this.TotalWinnings, erm); First peram. should be Property Name but in the examples Ive seen it usually has "Text". Guessing its because it is the Text property of the TextBox? Second peram. should be object DataSource. That the propery? Third should be DataMember. Erm... Flailing around a bit as you can see. mick "mick" <coughco...

Paper Presentation Topics
Paper Presentation Topics. Our database posses huge collection of topics for paper presentations in all areas. Check all our paper presentation topics at http://pptcontent.blogspot.com/ Topics for Paper Presentation : Paper presentation topics for ece. Paper presentation topics for cse. Paper presentation topics for eee. Paper presentation topics for it. Paper presentation topics for mba. Paper presentation topics for mechanical engineering. Paper presentation topics for civil engineering. Paper presentation topics for eee. Our sample list list of paper presenta...

Using Workflow to update a picklist property.
How can we modify a value of a picklist in the workflow? For example when someone modify a picklist property on the Contact, I want the picklist property on Account with the same options is changed as well. How to do this? Create a new workflow under contact. Check Start when: “Record attributes change” Hit “select” button and chose respective pick list attribute (Changes to the attribute will trigger this workflow) Now add steps to the workflow 1) Check condition - select the contact pick list and pick list value from set properties 2) Add another step "Update record" Select “...

Presentation
Hi, I have a CRM demo infront of group of IT managers comming up soon, and I have only one week to prepare. I didn't give any crm demos before and I could use all the help I could get. I was thinking about doing a power point presentation and live demo o the product, but I feel that I need more.. If anybody could please share any ppt presentations or files or ideas that might be helpful. Thanks You'll find the information to build the deck at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/default.mspx -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting ...

AVI is not moving when manifest file is present
Hi, I encountered the following problem on Window XP: - the AVI from my progress dialog stops moving when a function which takes a longer time is executed. For example when the HTTPSendRequest function is called and the application waits for the server answer ( aprox 10-15 seconds ), the AVI stopps to move. This happens only when there is a manifest file. When the manifest file is missing, this problem doesn't exists. I made some tests using SPY++ and saw that when the manifest file is present the AVI control receives the WM_TIMER message when it moves. While the application is waiting ...