PP 07 AutoShape tranperancy.

Using Power point 2007.  How can I set the transparency for inserted AutoShape?

I have  3 circles that overlay on top of each other.   I want the part that
overlay them to be about 50% transparent. the transparency shows when they
hover over each other but.  it is solid when I stop or print it.

I can do this in PP 03 but not 07 with pivoted edges.

Thanks

To set a shape's transparency, select the shape, then right-click and choose
Format Shape.

On the Fill tab, there is a transparency slider. It will show up once you've
selected a solid fill option.

"Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Power point 2007.  How can I set the transparency for inserted
> AutoShape?
>
> I have  3 circles that overlay on top of each other.   I want the part
> that
> overlay them to be about 50% transparent. the transparency shows when they
> hover over each other but.  it is solid when I stop or print it.
>
> I can do this in PP 03 but not 07 with pivoted edges.
>
> Thanks

0
Echo

Do Not Allow Email Radio Button 07-16-04
I have set the "Do Not Allow Email" flag for a group of contacts, but when I perform a direct email, the contacts are sent the email and history records are added. My understanding was that those contacts with the flag set would be skipped when you do a direct email to a group. If I double click on a contact record with the flag set and open it, the system will give me the warning message and prevent the email from being sent. Do I have to create a view with contacts that allow email and perform the direct email from there? Anyone else come across this issue? Thanks in ad...

Outlook Restarting 01-29-07
Does anyone have this problem: Outlook restarting at various points (i.e. calendaring or emailing). In event log it states Faulting Applicatione, Outlook.exe I've tried detect and repair. Tried creating a new Outlook profile. Outlook doesn't crash with an Outlook profile that I've not installed CRM on. But once I've added CRM to the new profile, Outlook crashes again. I've updated the client to V3C. This is happening to 3 known laptops. The only thing that is consistent with all 3 is that it started happening around the same time. Give or take a few days around M...

Can't find contact data when merging from outlook 07 to word 07
I used to use outlook 2003 and word 2003. When I wanted to do a mail merge I would use a defined view in outlook to narrow the contacts that I wanted in my mail merge. I would then going through the mail merge wizard, check the box that says "All contacts in current view" which would give me that subset of contacts that I wanted to merge. When I went to word it would show a file OMM1.doc that contained the outlook data subset that I had chosen. In 2007 it doesn't seem to auto-populate the data from outlook and I'm forced to choose a file. What am I doing wr...

requery subform 09-08-07
Can I requery a subform on a parent form from a different subform? What I have now that isn't working is: Me.Parent.frmBrPrognote.Form.Requery Where frmBrPrognote is the subform I wish to requery. -- sam smk23 wrote: > Can I requery a subform on a parent form from a different subform? > What I have now that isn't working is: > > Me.Parent.frmBrPrognote.Form.Requery > > Where frmBrPrognote is the subform I wish to requery. But...is "frmBrPrognote" also the name of the subform *control*? That is what needs to follow "Parent.". -- Rick...

Memory problem using PP 2007 and PFCmedia add-in.
Hi All, I have been using PFCmedia add-in to get short videos to run in powerpoint. This no longer works. When I try to insert 'Media from File' I get the following message: 'Attempted to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt MFF-PRX-10001'. I am using Windows 7 on a Vaio VGN-FE41E with duo core T5500 processor and 2Gb Ram. Can anyone suggest a solution please? =?Utf-8?B?dGVycnlw?= <terryp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:951ED1E7-4FDC-4D4D-B7DB-F16C89A3FDAE@microsoft.com: > I have been using PFC...

can't open Word or PP files in Office 2004
I can't open some files some people send me. Error msg says "Error opening this document. File may be busy or may not be a Word document." I know it's a valid Word or PP file because these same people have been sending me files for months when I was using Word/PP 2000 on Windows. Not all files act this way. Just some. On OS X 10.3.6. Any thougts? ...

spell checking in Access 10-29-07
I think the spell checker is one of the best features in Office and I hope it will be integrated into the Access so as to apply easily to memo fields. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f135e...

VBA-Does PP have startup file?
Does PP have startup file something like normal.dot in word? I have written an addin that is loaded by a automatic IT procdure , but I want to use VBA Addin.add function for doing it , but I added that code in Auto_Open () of the addin itself ! ( I think you can see the delema here ) if adin is not loaded before this Auto_Open won't work . I would be nice if I find that startup file for PP and add this line of code in it's Auto_Open(0 so everytime pp opens this code makes sure that specific addin is loaded. Any suggestions? I hope I was clear in my explanation -- Bes...

Macro Help 06-13-07
Hello...I have a macro that crates a date/time stamp when a record is modified. However, the macro seems to crate the date/time stamp when a record is even just accessed and no changes to data have been made. I would like to see if the macro could be adjusted to create the date/time stamp only when there is actual data changes and not if a record is just accessed or viewed. I am assuming this could be done with an expression of sort in the "condition" column but not quite sure how to create the expression/formula. Any assistance will be grratly appreciated. Here is what I hav...

How do I make a DVD from my PP
I would like to make a DVD from a power point presentaion. How do I do it? The easiest way is to create a QuickTime Movie from your PowerPoint file (File -> Make Movie). If it looks like how you want it to, drag it into iDVD to convert it. You can then make adjustments to the DVD settings in iDVD and burn the disc. The other way is to use an application like Snapz Pro <http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/> and record the entire screen during your presentation as a QuickTime Movie. It's a little more tedious, but it will save your movie exactly as it appears in PowerPoint. Yo...

publisher 2007 01-07-10
when i put text in text box and then go to publisfer preview on web the text is going out way past the box.it is not even the same .it is crazy Try Tools > Design Checker and see if that gives you an answer. If not please repost your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Please always include the version of Publisher you are using and as much detail as possible. ...

pp wont play
I am running office 2007 on windows 7 and using windows live. People send me a pp presentation but I have to download before I can see slide show. It will not run from windows live. What am I don't wrong' charles arnett I think that's by design... Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "charles arnett" <cjarnett1@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:uYfKapDoKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am running office 2007 on windows 7 and using windows live. People send >me a pp present...

Vertical Text 04-16-07
We have a report that has vertical text in several label that the text does not appear depending on the PC. In Expert-Exchange their solution was: Solution 1: Microsoft have now solved the problem: From Settings > Control Panel > Add or remove Programs, choose Microsoft Office 2003 > [Change] > Add or Remove Features. Under Office Shared Features > International Support has the sub-option: Universal Font (was "not installed") -- changed to "run from my computer". Vertical Text now displays in all fonts. This solution was dated Dec 2005. This solution w...

coucou 10-20-07
"Marie Brevet" <marie.brevet@tele2.fr> wrote Marie, The purpose of the big white space beneath the subject line is to allow you to say what you have to say. Was "coucou" all you really had to communicate? If so, that sounds really "cuckoo" to me. Larry ...

Videos in thumbdrive version of PP show won't play
Made a presentation CD of a Powerpoint 2003 slideshow that included videos in mpeg and put the presentation on a thumbdrive so I could play the show on another computer. The videos will play on my computer but not on the computer using the thumbdrive presentation. Both computers are running windows xp. In article <4A7BF18C-CC7C-44F4-82E6-3E3FC8CCFA05@microsoft.com>, Fritman99 wrote: > Made a presentation CD of a Powerpoint 2003 slideshow that included videos in > mpeg and put the presentation on a thumbdrive so I could play the show on > another computer. The vid...

DLookUp 06-06-07
Hi I am wanting to "display only" the key contact for an organisation. I have used the expression below which works well but on occassions there is more than one contact for an org. My question is - can I get the expression to display multiple contacts OR how do I get a DLookUp query to search for the 2nd or 3rd etc contact? TIA =DLookUp("OrgContact","ContactsOrg","ContactID = " & [ContactID]) =DLookUp("OrgPosition","ContactsOrg","ContactID = " & [ContactID]) -- Sue Compelling You can't. You'll ...

Cannot open any more tables 10-26-07
Hi, This is totally bizzar, when I open a database that has lots of linked tables the database windows shows as per usual displaying the tables. If I then move the mouse pointer over the linked tables, the tooltip shows the path of the database that the linked table resides in which is great, but after about the 50 time of showing the tooltip I get the message "Cannot open any more tables". Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this and better still how to stop it. No code has run, I've tried repair and compacting, creating a new data and relinked all the table...

how can I save a power point 2003 doc to pp 2007?
I've tried just clicking save as to put it into PP 2007 and I get a message saying the converter failed to save the file. Trying to save what into PowerPoint 2007 -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E67E850B-899A-4735-A8BD-6B85EF8003EC@microsoft.com... > I've tried just clicking save as to put it into PP 2007 and I get a > message > saying the converter failed to save the file. ...

Showing entities in an iFrame 07-11-06
var navActivityHistory; navActivityHistory = document.all.navActivityHistory; if (navActivityHistory != null) { navActivityHistory.style.display = "none"; document.all.IFRAME_HistoryFrame.src="/sfa/conts/areas.aspx?oId=" + crmForm.ObjectId + "&oType=2&security=852023&tabSet=areaActivityHistory"; } else { alert("navHistory Not Found"); } The above code is used to retrieve specific information into an iFrame.Can anyone tell me what the variable "navActivityHistory" is used for?? Is it a pre-defined variable in CRM?? why r we usi...

sfo problems 07-20-05
Hi, i've got many problems with my sfo: 1. if i create an email or a contact or an appointment or a task in the outlook toolbar, when i try to save it, the item is saved in outlook but not in the crm and i got a message telling me that synchro is impossible with the server 2. if i try to promote email in crm activity outlook crashes 3. can't go offline, it says the user is not granted or the crm can't be found 4. when i use the quick create buttons in the folders of sfo, igot a message telling me that the scrips needed aren't in the specified directory I've been told ...

Disabling Add-Ons
I want to disable add on in PPT 07. I have found the location in PowerPoint options but cannot un-check the programs to be disabled. I get a window saying only the administrator can do this. I am on a personal laptop with Vista Home Premium. I would assume I am already the admin. Any thoughts? In article <3903DAE4-2CA3-4364-8A67-839EBC69725A@microsoft.com>, AV Guy wrote: > I want to disable add on in PPT 07. I have found the location in PowerPoint > options but cannot un-check the programs to be disabled. I get a window > saying only the administrator can do ...

report name 08-06-07
I have an Access (2000) database with reports. I am printing these reports from VB with the line ".DoCmd.OpenReport rptName". Two of these reports are the same report in a different format. I am sending these reports to PDF files through a PDF printer using PDF995. The output file name is setting to the report name. Can I tell Access to give these two reports the same file name? If you mean have two report objects with the same name, then No. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Eric" wrote: > I have an Access (2000) database with reports. > I am printing th...

Activity Grids 07-23-03
I would really like to see the ability to sort activity items by date. In the Account and Contact forms the activity sub forms don't display any date information. This makes trying to determine which message I actually need easier to find. [re: some message] [re: some message] [re: some message] [some message] Paul Micosoft MVP, ASP.NET Activity lists cannot be customized and you cant show the dates the activities were created. This issue has been highlighted and Microsoft are aware etc. For a 3rd party solution to this issue see www.c360.com "Paul D. Murphy [...

PP 2007 presentation by PP 2000
I have a presentation put together with Power Point 2007 and want to show it from someone elses laptop that has PP 2000. With the presentation on a flash drive, will I be able to display my original slides and notes on the laptop as I display the slides on the screen? What is the best way to proceed? On 2/10/10 10:28 AM, Barrie wrote: > I have a presentation put together with Power Point 2007 and want to show it > from someone elses laptop that has PP 2000. With the presentation on a > flash drive, will I be able to display my original slides and notes on the > l...

CRM 3.0 Performance 07-02-06
I have a customer who is a bit dissapointed in the performance of CRM in the Outlook client. CRM is running on a SBS server and there only is 5 users, no problem with performance, 2 3 ghz processors 3 gb ram. The problem is that he is comparing it to the financesystem with native database which responds the same time he click a button. CRM takes some time to load the first page and also performs slower than what he is used to opening the next pages of the same entity. He can't understand why this new product is so slow, tomorrow I have to explain it to him. Have any of you had this...