Powerpoint Viewer 2007

How can I get rid of the black, Esc to Exit screen in Viewer 2007. I need to
run this from a kiosk, and don't want people to have to hit Esc. It works
fine within PPT, as I have clicked to turn the black screen off. I would
think Viewer would use the settings within the slideshow.

Fran
Turning off the black screen only works on your PC, it won't follow the
presentation even in the full program.

In Kiosk mode you shouldn't ever see the black screen AFAIK so it may work
fine anyway.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

In article <7BAFA5C3-4149-4942-B38F-EE3DAF09D59F@microsoft.com>, John Wilson
wrote:
> Fran
> Turning off the black screen only works on your PC, it won't follow the
> presentation even in the full program.
>
> In Kiosk mode you shouldn't ever see the black screen AFAIK so it may work
> fine anyway.

But IIRC, it shows up in the viewer in all cases, doesn' it?

So the trick would be to include a final slide with an END SHOW button.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
1/14/2010 9:15:36 PM
Steve, unfortunately, I want to return to an HTML page, which has icons for
additional slideshows. I don't want people to have to do anything but touch
the slideshow they want see (yes I have a touchscreen), have the slideshow
run, then return them to the page that has the other shows.

Do you have any other thoughts/tricks that might accomplish what I'm trying
to do? I really don't want to bring this into Flash, as I haven't mastered
it, yet.

Thanks

In article <644984A8-9311-47B0-947D-00599C15C0DA@microsoft.com>, FranH wrote:
> Steve, unfortunately, I want to return to an HTML page, which has icons for
> additional slideshows. I don't want people to have to do anything but touch
> the slideshow they want see (yes I have a touchscreen), have the slideshow
> run, then return them to the page that has the other shows.

So is there some problem with using the End Show link on the last slide as I
suggested earlier?

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
2/6/2010 8:45:44 PM
Steve, an Endo fo Show slide with a button would still require user
interaction, which I want to avoid. I'm concerned that people will leave it
with the slide still showing. I would love to be able to force it back to the
html page.  I know....I'm asking way to much of MS.

In article <C43D1B99-858B-486A-9188-6D6474E323A4@microsoft.com>, FranH wrote:
> Steve, an Endo fo Show slide with a button would still require user
> interaction, which I want to avoid. I'm concerned that people will leave it
> with the slide still showing.

You can put a fullpage mouseover end show link on the last page ... if they so much
as move the mouse while on the last page, it'll end the show.

But you still have the problem of stopping the show if they walk away and leave it on
any prior slide.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
2/7/2010 5:11:39 AM
Steve,

I appreciate your help. How would I do the full page mouseover that you
suggested?

Fran

In article <08E59EE4-68D6-47F4-A458-B9772CB90DC8@microsoft.com>, FranH wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I appreciate your help. How would I do the full page mouseover that you
> suggested?

Add a rectangle that covers the entire slide.  Apply an action setting to it, choose the
MouseOver rather than MouseClick tab and set it to end show.

Once you've done that, give the rectangle no outline and a 99% transparent fill, which'll
make it invisible.

That should be all it takes.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
2/8/2010 11:01:23 PM
Steve,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, once the MouseOver occurs, it goes to
the black "Click to Exit" screen. I think I'll just go with Flash.Too bad the
Viewer doesn't use the slideshow settings. It's such a simple thing.

Fran

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <08E59EE4-68D6-47F4-A458-B9772CB90DC8@microsoft.com>, FranH wrote:
> > Steve,
> >
> > I appreciate your help. How would I do the full page mouseover that you
> > suggested?
>
> Add a rectangle that covers the entire slide.  Apply an action setting to it, choose the
> MouseOver rather than MouseClick tab and set it to end show.
>
> Once you've done that, give the rectangle no outline and a 99% transparent fill, which'll
> make it invisible.
>
> That should be all it takes.
>

> > Fran

> > > You can put a fullpage mouseover end show link on the last page ... if they so much
> > > as move the mouse while on the last page, it'll end the show.
> > >
> > > But you still have the problem of stopping the show if they walk away and leave it on
> > > any prior slide.

> > > ==============================
> > > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> > > http://www.pptfaq.com/
> > >
> > > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> > > http://www.pptools.com/
> > >

> > > .
> > >

> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/
>

> .

Blackberry & Outlook 2007
I have a Blackberry Bold and get my emails on both my laptop, which has Outlook 2007, and on my Blackberry. Several times lately my Blackberry seems to take over the receiving function and I only get incoming emails on it and not on my laptop. When I test settings in Outlook the test messages comes through just fine on all accounts, but new emails only come to my cell. I have to remove the accounts and re-enter them in Outlook in order to receive new emails. Any suggestions?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "barbara shanks" <barbara[at]barbarashanks[dot]com> wr...

Excel 2007 Paste Special
Hi, I have a worksheet open in Excel 2007. I have a cell with a formula in it. I simply want to copy and paste the formula to the cell below it. Copy/paste in Excel 2003 was fine and it automatically adjusted the the cell references. Now with 2007 it only copies the value, not the formula. I try to "paste special" but all I get is a dialog box with "Unicode Text" and "Text" options. Nothing like its suppose to be. Any ideas? Hi Ken, What happens when you select both cells and press Ctrl-D? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] ...

Where is create new office document command in Office 2007?
We recently migrated to 2007 from 2003 and I cannot find the commands to "create new office document" or "open existing office document" from the taskbar/start menu. Does anyone have any idea where these commands are or how I can add them to my taskbar? Thank you! I have XP Pro and Office 2007. If I select "All Programs", it appears at the top of the list. If you do as well, you can right-click and select Pin to Start Menu. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

7010 Error in Event Viewer
Hi, I have a problem in Exchange Server 2003. When a users receiving for externals e-mails, the front-end Exchange register in Event Viewer this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 05/04/2006 Time: 11:17:04 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 2, connection #247254. The client at "@IP" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@xxxx.net ". The full c...

Re: Outlook 2007
I sent this 3/4 days ago but can not see it in the group. In addition after this each time I go into news groups the name of the group turns red in color?? Can not figure what this change in color means. > Each time I start Outlook jumps a message: "A data file did not close > properly > last time it was used. It will be checked.... bla, bla, bla..." > Vista ultimate, Dell computer. Could one do something?? Regards Ted > > A minute later comes up an other message that the file was checked. > Red means a subject you're following has been resp...

Setting Exchange 2007 GAL permission
Hey! Been looking for a solution to this everywhere! but to no avail. On my Exchange 2007 box I have different groups of mailusers. What I would like to do, is create a different GAL for each of these groups (the groups would be like: Familly, Friends, Work. Now, I found out how to create a new GAL (via cmdlets - WHY on earth can't you do this in in the management console Microsoft????) But I can't do ANYTHING with this new GAL - including setting permissions on the different GAL's so that users only can se the other users in their groups. So, the question being, how do I set ...

Access 2007
Bom dia, Tenho uma d�vida: Possuo um formul�rio cont�nuo com 6 campos: A01, A02, A03, B01, B02, B03. Criei rotinas para definir as CORES dos campos conforme a informa��o armazenada: AM = azul, MG = verde, etc. Esclarecendo: se o campo A01 tiver AM sua cor deveria ficar azul, mas se eu mudar a informa��o para MG, a cor deveria mudar para verde. E assim sucessivamente para todos os campos. O problema � que, quando abro o formul�rio cont�nuo, e vou alterando os campos do primeiro registro, todas as cores dos campos A01 (em todos os registros) mudam tamb�m! Existe solu��o pa...

how to: polynomial regression trendline excel 2007
I had a polynomial regression trendline in Office / Excel 2003. I updated to Office / Excel 2007 and the trendline disappeared and I can not get it back. Any suggestions? -- miltstep You may have to recreate the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "miltstep" <miltstep@comcast.net.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:52C19C76-BDFB-4616-A04F-CBBEC2F035F6@microsoft.com... >I had a polynomial regression trendline in Office / Excel 2003. I updated >to >...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...

Drilldown viewer error exporting to PivotTable
We are getting the "Error 5: Invalid Procedure call or argument" error when exporting to Excel PivotTable/PivotChart from DrillDown viewer. This is the same error as knowledge base article 895045, however the hotfix suggested in this item has been applied & we are still seeing the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have two separate installations of FRx that we have tried this on & both have the problem. The software versions are: - Windows 2000 (fully patched as of yesterday) - .NET 1.1 SP1 - ADO 2.8 - FRx 6.7 SP6 (6.7.6062) - Office 2000 SP3 - One system...

2007 Graphes and Charts source
Can you suggest a good book or website that details how to create charts such as waterfall, bubble using 2007 version of excel? Thanks Bubble charts are built in. They are essentially the same as bubble charts in 2003. Waterfall charts are not built in, but they are an extension of floating column charts, which are stacked column charts with some series made invisible to give others the appearance of floating. I have general instructions on my web site, which were written with Excel 2003 in mind, but which can be created the same way in 2007 using the respective commands. http://pelti...

Pivot Table in Excel 2007?????
Why did Microsoft complicate the creation of a simple pivot table???? I now have a single column of the data I want in a table: Col A 1 7/1/2005 $210.00 7/14/2005 $120.00 8/4/2005 $180 etc I want: 1 2 3 etc 7/1 210. 7/14 120. 8/4 180 etc How do I get from a single column to a multi column/row??? It was so easy before!!! Now????? OMEd Hi, This interests me greatly. I put your sample data into one column of a spreadsheet and made a pivot table from it using 2003 but I could not reach the layout you show. Coul...

outlook 2007 #11
how many pc's can i put on? as i have 1 copy of outlook2007, as i own 3 pc's one copy per PC. "sallyanne" wrote: > how many pc's can i put on? as i have 1 copy of outlook2007, as i own 3 pc's sallyanne <sallyanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how many pc's can i put on? as i have 1 copy of outlook2007, as i > own 3 pc's One desktop PC that you will use and one laptop PC that you will use, is the usual EULA stipulation. -- Brian Tillman ...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

Outlook 2007 is using over 1.6GB of virtual memory
I have seen similar postings to my problem on this group before, but have not seen any answers. Every time I start Outlook 2007, it uses 1.6GB of virtual memory. I found this from the task manager. I can not see why. The folder size is 23056 KB and the outlook.pst is 41681KB. No amount of deleting old/large emails appears to have any effect.I have tried running scanpst.exe Again, to no effect. Given I only have 1GB of real memory, the disk is paging like crazy, so my machine is not particulary responsive. I'm on the point of stopping using outlook because of this. Anyone with any solution...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

2007 too slow
I have recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007 and I am finding Outlook to be ridiculously slow. It seems impossible to carry out any task while downloading emails (ie cannot read one email while downloading others) which was possible with 2003. If I forget and try to do something it hangs and i have to close everything down and start again. Every time I open Outlook it automatically goes to retrieve mail so I cannot even consult my diary. Have I got it set up incorrectly? Thanks. Richard, You probably didn't create a new Profile after installation. I believe that the Microsoft develo...

Office Small Business 2007 installation problems trying to replace Professional 2007 Trial version
My trial version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007 is about to come to an end and I'm hoping to replace it with a purchased copy of Microsoft Office Small Business 2007. The installation seems to progress error free yet when I launch Outlook I'm being prompted to renew Office Professional online. I'd like to avoid having to de-install Office Professional, can this be done? -- Gooner99 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gooner99's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/214762.htm View this thread: http://forums.tech...

Powerpoint
I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits our wide screen? You ask in a Powerpoint newsgroup or fourm. "hunt" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60D85DC-F6B9-431C-A631-48D111E77512@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size > (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits > our > wide screen? I read your query its so simple.If you want change theme with wi...

Outlook 2007 and UTF-7
Hi We are having problems sending HTML mail from Outlook 2007 with UTF-7 encoding, this wouldn't ordinarily be a problem because we send in Western European by default but we have had some instances where replies have come back in UTF-7 and Outlook then tries to reply with the same encoding. I have unchecked the 'Auto select encoding for outgoing messages' box and set the preferred encoding for outgoing messages but this is ignored when replying. I can manually override the setting and enforce a different encoding format but that is a pain to do all the time - how can we ge...

PowerPoint Security
If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection solution from LockLizard. Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure PPT presentations. It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted to Flash. O lordy, I said the "F" word. Now we're in for ...