Powerpoint slideshow in assigned screen location..

I need to show powerpoint slideshows inside my VC++/MFC window. I tried
implementing VB code given in http://skp.mvps.org/vb/pptvbwnd.htm in VC++,
however, even though i set ShowType to '1' (ppshowTypeSpeaker), a slideshow
in full screen is being opened when i call SlideshowSettings.Run(). Its not
allowed by my client. Iam using Office 2007. Is it  is possible with
powerpoint viewe?. Is there any way to show slideshow in assigned location on
our own window using PowerPoint Viewer?? Since new powerpoint viewers don't
support automation, i tried using CreateProcess() API to invoke powerpoint
viewer application with various command line arguments. Still it opens slide
show in full screen at first. Please help..

Locating an index of a range within a range
I have a double click event handler in Excel that hands me, among othe things, a range describing the double click target cell. I also have (single axis) named range within which I know the double click targe lives. What I'd like is an index - the numerical position within m named range, at which the double click took place. In other words, I have a named Range object, myRange of, say, B4:E4 and the double click target is on cell B4. I'd like a simple way t determine that the offset of the double click event was '1' within th named range, or 2 if the double click was on C4...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

Assign a Value to a Duplicate Entry Within the Same Column
Within a single worksheet I have thousand-plus rows of data and one of the columns within that worksheet I have a series of numbers. After I've identified the duplicates within that column I want to assign a value based on the first time that number shows up (in this case by I'v sorted by date), so the first duplicate would have a value like "1." I then want to assign the next duplicate(s) sequentially (2, 3, 4, etc.) When finished I would want a new column of data that would have far more "1s" than "2s," more "2s" than "3s,"...

Tracking Assigned queues
Good Morning All, I have a question I hope someone can answer. We have not set-up our email router as of yet so I cannot test this issue. We have 3 public (group) queues: Sales - Custom App Sales - MBS Sales - System When we send an item to one of these three queues using the email router and then go in and assign the item to a user, what happens to that item? Does it move out of the public queue into the users assigned or in progress queues? Does it stay in the public queue and get updated with any information the user posts regarding that item? We are trying to make sure we can...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

Showing names assigned to phone numbers
I have entered in the cells A1:B10 numbers in column A, and names in the column B. In the range A20:A25 there are six phone numbers and I want Excel to show -if the number does exist- the names in the cells B20:B25 or -if not- an empty string I was trying the array formula: {=IF(A20=$A$1:$A$10;$B$1:$B$10;"")} written in the cell B20 to -if worked- be then copied and pasted on the following B21:B25 cells. But doesn't work. Is the first time I tried an array formula. Could somebody tell me how to do it? Thanks Jaime Oviedo-Spain ...

"Unknown Customer" screen
Has anyone come up with a solution to alert the cashier to a customer not being in the database rather than just defaulting to the nearest number? This is a large organization and sometimes the employees are issued an ID card and can charge before they are added to the database. The cashiers don't pay attention of course and they are having a lot of problems with this. -- Thanks! Jim Janke Emerald Business Systems ...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

Entourage Assigning Default Categories to Incoming Email; Overriding Categories Selected for Contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Entourage is using one of my custom categories and assigning all incoming emails to this category, even when I have a different category selected for the contact that I am receiving emails from. When the Contact already has an assigned Category, Entourage will assign the email an additional Category (one of the custom categories I created) so that email now shows it has tow separate Categories checked. -- I always assigns the same Category. <br><br>How do I get Entourage to keep from...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...

Record Locator
I have posted this in the past, but no one was brave enough to take it on: How can I build a record locator similar to the way it works in MSOutlook, where the more characters you type, the closer it moves to your record. And if you type a string that doesn't exist in the table, it will still move as close as it can, based on the first part of the string. IE: You type MARY. The record with Mary comes up. You type MARRY (by mistake), and there is no MARRY record existing, so: The first record that starts with MAR comes up. TIA, Kathy On Apr 18, 1:54 pm, "Kathy Webster&quo...

Powerpoint
I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits our wide screen? You ask in a Powerpoint newsgroup or fourm. "hunt" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60D85DC-F6B9-431C-A631-48D111E77512@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size > (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits > our > wide screen? I read your query its so simple.If you want change theme with wi...

Create Trusted Location Via Code
Is it possible to create a trusted location via code? Which I'm thinking no, but... In general sense, No! That would kinda defeat the purpose of security. That said, with enough diging... there are ways to do almost anything. I believe that it can be done if you are willing to mess around with registry settings (be very carefull as you can seriously damage a computer if you mess this up). Take a look at: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-136411.html http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/692003-access-2007-runtime-security-issue#post2752...

Take non-qualifying discounts Select Checks Screen default
Can anyone tell me how to default the checkbox to Take all non-qualifying discounts to always be checked? Eric, I'm trying to recall which window this is in but it doesn't really matter. There isn't anything in GP that defaults this value that I remember and so the solution is that you'd have to write a bit of VBA code to do this. Probably just one line to set it. My guess is the Window_AfterOpen() event and your line would look like: TakeAllNonQualifyingDiscounts = true This assumes that the field shows in VBA as I've guessed above. For further information on cu...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

how to locate appdata
Hi I am using Window Vista and Microsoft outlook. The mailbox in my outlook is full and wanted to delete some mails in my local harddisk to release some space. The outlook data file is stored in C:\Users\michelle\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst But i can only see up to Michelle. Can't see AppData folder in my C drive. Is it being hide. If yes, how do i unhide it. Thanks! To delete items from your Outlook file, you must do this within Outlook. = Archive items that you no longer need to have access to, empty your = deleted items folder, remove attachments and place the...

problems copying to PowerPoint
I am trying to copy and paste simple freehand sketches (drawn on a tablet, all on the same page) into power point. It worked for 2 sketches but the others pasted in distorted or just partially visible. i use onenote 2007, windows XP. tx, not-a-nerd notanerd wrote: >I am trying to copy and paste simple freehand sketches (drawn on a > tablet, all on the same page) into power point. It worked for 2 > sketches but the others pasted in distorted or just partially > visible. i use onenote 2007, windows XP. tx, not-a-nerd You may try it with Copy & Paste to some graphic...

PowerPoint Security
If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection solution from LockLizard. Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure PPT presentations. It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted to Flash. O lordy, I said the "F" word. Now we're in for ...

How do i create a user defined chart in Powerpoint or excel?
I'm looking to create a graph chart with 3 series as bar charts, accumulated/stacked on the first Y axis, and teh fourth series as a line on the secondary y axis. i have tried to use the custom chart with lines7 colummn on two axes, but thuis does not allow to show bars as accumulated /stacked. Hi, It is simpler to create a stacked column chart using all the data and then select and change the appropriate data series to be a line chart. The you can then format the line series to use the secondary axis. Cheers Andy Magnus wrote: > I'm looking to create a graph chart with 3...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Assigning an Appointment
If a users calendar is maintained by someone else then that person cannot easily assign appointments to another calendar without them appearing in their own calendar. If any one person maintains more than one or two calendars then their personal one will be very busy. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then...

how to retrieve the sounds that I recorded in Powerpoint?
I have interviewed a few people using the Powerpoint sound recorder and included their voices in my presentation. I have saved each voice under different names using the "record sound" box. How can I see the names of each recorded voice? Or retrieve the names files? Many thanks! In article <AB64EA96-E3EE-4C07-A1CE-EFB18355E76C@microsoft.com>, Fran wrote: > I have interviewed a few people using the Powerpoint sound recorder and > included their voices in my presentation. I have saved each voice under > different names using the "record sound" ...

Rule to assign Category causes email appear "read"
I have rules to assign categories based on keywords and sender domain min Outlook 2003. New mail gets "lost" however, as processing these rules causes the email to have the "read" flag, so I don't see the new email counter in the relevant folders. Other rules (move, forward) do not have this side-effect, only assigning a category. Is there a way to prevent this or have a rule to turn the email "unread" again? Thanks, Z. adding a category should not mark it read if you are doing it with rules wizard. how does your rule read? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

Locating a number for a MS office
I have lost the boklet that accompanies my CD. However, I am unable to locate a number to contact someone. Any thoughts. I think if you ever learned how to contact them directly, they'd put a hit out on you. (Seriously, visit the MS website and drill down through the tech support area until you find the numbers you need. Good luck.) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "ziggy" <ziggyzaggy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a4c01c36747$0fb00a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have lost the boklet that...