PowerPoint Security - Securing a PowerPoint Presentation with copy protection

If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being
copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at
http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm

It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information
Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection
solution from LockLizard.
0
SecConsultant

LVTravel
3/17/2010 6:42:11 PM
Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure
PPT presentations.  It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted
to Flash.

O lordy, I said the "F" word.  Now we're in for another spamdeluge.
Mea culpa

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/18/2010 6:54:04 PM
"spamdeluge"?

I thought it was "spamalanche"

J ;o)
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

In article <F5E463D6-4897-4EBF-833E-CC1EE2A183F6@microsoft.com>, John
Wilson wrote:
> "spamdeluge"?
>
> I thought it was "spamalanche"
>
> J ;o)

Apres moi le ...

Yep, I like spamalanche better.

Send the spambulance!

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

copying Word-Table to Excel
When copying a table (where a table item contains formatted text with "line breaks") to Excel, each "line break" generates a new sub-row and not, as wanted, an equivalent "line break" in the corresponding excel cell (which can be generated manually by pressing ALT+ENTER). How can I reach this? Is it, alternativly, possible to generate the ALT+ENTER in Excel automaticly by using a special control caracter in the "replace" field of the search&replace function? Peter If you change the table in Word to use a special character instead of a carri...

Copied number (format as text) increases
Hi all. I have a funny thing. Formatted a column as text. Put a number in row 1 - e.g. 50.00 Drag the number to row 2 -> the new cell value is 50.01. Delete the number and try dragging to 10 cells - the new cells value increases from 50.01 to 50.10... Going to write the value - manually ....LOL Please advise. TIA Guy please pressing "Ctrl" to drawing!! I am chinese, i can't say more that in english! so, i can't help you more!!! -- ����g��ng�£�����g��ng�£� "James Wagner" <james@wagner.com> д����Ϣ����:uPQQ1lr2FHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gb...

Word 2007 cannot save password protected file
If I create a Word .docx file that is password protected (i.e., encrypted), I cannot save it more than once. I am running the released version of Windows 7, 64-bit; Office Word 2007 SP2. Steps to reproduce: 1. Start with a new, blank document and type something in it. 2. Go to Prepare | Encrypt Document and type in a password. 3. Save the file. 4. Change the file (e.g., add one character). 5. Save the file again. Rather than saving it, the "Save As" dialog pops up. If I save as the same name, I get the following error: "Word cannot complete the save due to a f...

How does one copy subtotal rows?
How does one copy subtotal rows? -- Since my access to NNTP is limited, a copy of your reply to ALEXANDEReBARNEs@Yahoo.Com is especially appreciated. Alexander One usually selects the rows he wishes to copy, Then hits <F5>, Then, in the "GoTo" window clicks on "Special", Then, in the "GoToSpecial" window clicks on "VisibleCellsOnly", then <OK>. Now, right click in that selection and choose "Copy", Then navigate and paste to "wherever". -- HTH, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Copying Chart...FORMAT ONLY
Is it possible to exactly duplicate the formatting of a chart into a new chart... I wish only to change the data series...the formatting (colors, size, type, axes, fonts, etc.) ALL REMAIN THE SAME. I guess I could first copy and paste the whol chart...then change the data series. PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks, FLKulchar You could copy the first chart, select the second, and use Paste Special - Formats. Keep in mind that contents of titles and data labels are considered format and not data, so pasting formats will wipe out your axis titles and so forth. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microso...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

Password Protect a Workbook
I have a workbook that has 5 different worksheets. This workbook is saved everyday with a new date behind the name to reflect the current date data. I need to password protect the entire workbook so that it holds for each time it is saved. How do I do this? When I go to file->saveas- ..Tools-> and assign a password it works for that workbook, but when I resave the workbook with a new name, I have to reset it all. Can I automate this somehow or is there a different way to do what I am trying to do. I only want the password there so admin's can make changes. I want eve...

Copying Cells with Fill Handle
Can anyone help? I am trying to copy cells across a row using the fill handle that are referencing another sheet down a column. I am placing a "$" in front of the letter as to not change it, but since I am copying across, the number will not change. Is there any way to tell Excel that i want the number to advance as I copy across? If you want "the number" to advance as you copy across, then don't put a $ in front of it, as in: =$A1*2 Regards, Fred "RRG" <RRG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59164535-29A5-4C3B-ABDF-5C...

Save Copies of Email Outside of OUTLOOK
I looking to find out how I can save multiple emails outside of Outlook. My PST is almost 1 gig in size. I would like to move my saved email to a location outside of outlook... I have figured out how to do it one email at a time... but it would be much better if I could do this as one action for all the emails in a folder. Any help would be apprcieated... Thank you dns2003 <dns2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I looking to find out how I can save multiple emails outside of > Outlook. My PST is almost 1 gig in size. I would like to move my > saved email to a locati...

Protected worksheet error
Hi, in my installation of Excel 2003 something unwanted happens: if the worksheet is somehow protected, even if I try to access unprotected cells, that is cells on wich I can write, on every cell I try to access I'm prompted to provide a password. I repeat: on every cell I'm prompted to provide a password. This is very ennoying (as you can imagine). I even tried to re-install Excel 2003, but with no success. Any suggestion ? Thanks Teodoro Marinucci Teodoro Tools>Protection>Allow Users to Edit Ranges. Perhaps you have passworded the entire sheet as a range. Clear/...

Copying Formatting Styles
I am using Word 2003. When I copy text from one document to another, the formating (including bullets, indentation, headers) do not get copied. I tried copying the formating styles of source document into the destination document by using Windows organize, but that did not help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. ...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...

copying large cells
When I copy a large cell, only the first 260 or so characters will copy. Why is this happening? My guess: It's actually 255 characters--try =len(a1) if the cell is A1. And my real guess: You have two different workbooks open in two different instances of excel. Instead of running excel twice, open both workbooks in the same instance. If you have this happening by accident: Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel (both instances) and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...

Powerpoint
I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits our wide screen? You ask in a Powerpoint newsgroup or fourm. "hunt" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60D85DC-F6B9-431C-A631-48D111E77512@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size > (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits > our > wide screen? I read your query its so simple.If you want change theme with wi...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

problems copying to PowerPoint
I am trying to copy and paste simple freehand sketches (drawn on a tablet, all on the same page) into power point. It worked for 2 sketches but the others pasted in distorted or just partially visible. i use onenote 2007, windows XP. tx, not-a-nerd notanerd wrote: >I am trying to copy and paste simple freehand sketches (drawn on a > tablet, all on the same page) into power point. It worked for 2 > sketches but the others pasted in distorted or just partially > visible. i use onenote 2007, windows XP. tx, not-a-nerd You may try it with Copy & Paste to some graphic...

VB copy files from one folder to other
Hi all, I am using Visual Basic 2008. I am working on code with which I can copy specified extention files from one folder to other. I need two codes, one which can copy files of specified extention only from top main folder and two which can copy files of specified extention from top main folder as well as from all the subfolder which exist in that top main folder. In these both codes I also need to have progress bar code to show user the progress. I am struggling on this and so far i came up with code (see below) which only copies files from top main folder and i am getting error...

How do i create a user defined chart in Powerpoint or excel?
I'm looking to create a graph chart with 3 series as bar charts, accumulated/stacked on the first Y axis, and teh fourth series as a line on the secondary y axis. i have tried to use the custom chart with lines7 colummn on two axes, but thuis does not allow to show bars as accumulated /stacked. Hi, It is simpler to create a stacked column chart using all the data and then select and change the appropriate data series to be a line chart. The you can then format the line series to use the secondary axis. Cheers Andy Magnus wrote: > I'm looking to create a graph chart with 3...

trouble in copy pasting
HI, I was trying to copy the formula in one cell toanother. Eg: Copy formula "=T157*H157" in cell c5 in to cell C6. When i drag the formula from cell C5 to C 6 it copy paste as a value. not as a formula. Didnt have this problem until today. How can i fix this? Can anyone please help. Kind Regards, Suri Is it possible that the worksheet is protected and you are copying from a locked cell? -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Suri" wrote: > HI, > > I was trying to copy the formula in one cell toanother. > Eg: Copy formula "=T157*H1...

how to retrieve the sounds that I recorded in Powerpoint?
I have interviewed a few people using the Powerpoint sound recorder and included their voices in my presentation. I have saved each voice under different names using the "record sound" box. How can I see the names of each recorded voice? Or retrieve the names files? Many thanks! In article <AB64EA96-E3EE-4C07-A1CE-EFB18355E76C@microsoft.com>, Fran wrote: > I have interviewed a few people using the Powerpoint sound recorder and > included their voices in my presentation. I have saved each voice under > different names using the "record sound" ...

copy #3
Hi, I am working with 2 workbooks. I want to copy contents in ColJ from WKBK2 to ColF in WKBK5. My content contains a lot of text. Sub CopyAndPaste() Dim Src, dest Set Src = Workbooks("WKBK5.xls").Sheets("Sheet1") Set dest = Workbooks("WKBK2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1") i = 2 While Src.Cells(i, 1) <> "" dest.Cells(i, 6) = Src.Cells(i, 10) i = i + 1 Wend I get a Runtime Error '1004' Why? Ranjan, Have you thought about linking the two workbooks? Open both files in excel, minimize both so that both workbooks can sit side-by-s...