Powerpoint inserted word doc

When inserting a word document into my presentation the document is
incomplete, i.e. about an inch the whole length of the left side of the
document is missing.

One of the problems that you might be encountering is that maybe your Word
Document has a "Portrait" Page Layout as compared to Powerpoint that is
"Landscape."

One thing you might do is to convert your word document in landscape mode
and adjust all the text and objects in there so it looks user friendly once
inserted in your slide.

Hope this helps,

Vicente Tulliano

"Sonny" wrote:

> When inserting a word document into my presentation the document is
> incomplete, i.e. about an inch the whole length of the left side of the
> document is missing.

How to insert a Macro within a macro?
I have a sub Format() and I want another macro called: AddRows() To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro. What I did doesn't work. I had Sub Format() ..... ..... Sub AddRows() End sub ..... End Sub. How can I do this? try Sub Format() stuff call AddRows() End sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178701c50d68$f99f8c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sub Format() > > and I want another macro called: AddRows() > > To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro...

WORD prints only every other page?
I have created a mail merge document that I get an error message on. If I ignore the message, it will only print every other page. HELP any suggestsions please? -- Regards, Karma Do you mean Publisher? It would be helpful to know the error... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karma" <Karma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F844110-6076-4AF1-9D39-A0C2F5FEA1D1@microsoft.com... >I have created a mail merge document that I get an error message on. If I > ignore the message, it will ...

PowerPoint Security
If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection solution from LockLizard. Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure PPT presentations. It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted to Flash. O lordy, I said the "F" word. Now we're in for ...

Insert Object i a Task
Hi, when I'm inserting an object in a tasks, for instance an Excel Worksheet, I am not able to edit the sheet after I save the task .. or even aften clicking outside the object. any ideas why... and how to resolve problem? br GravBalle ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Insert Comment default
How can I edit the "Insert Comment" default? Hi GP! Try: Tools > Options > General Change the User Name This doesn't impact upon previous comments. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "GP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:004B06B6-6733-4E74-8FB5-B71E2022813A@microsoft.com... > How can I edit the "Insert Comment" default? I deleted what was there (my name), and now the ...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

Word 2004 crashes when editing document
Hello, I am using Word 2004 for OS X. Today, Word 2004 began crashing whenever I tried to edit a specific document. I downloaded the Office update (11.1, I think), and it still crashed. I removed Office, removed all preferences, re-installed Office and the update, and Word still crashes. Thank you in advance for your help. The error log follows: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2005-01-16 17:18:55 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.1.0.040910 Module Name: Microsoft_Drawing_2001Z Module Version: 11....

macro to insert row and copy previous row + excel
I have a named range First_Table (A5:AB30 ) and a named range End_Table (A30). I would like to insert a row above the named range End_Table (A30). Then copy the contents and formula from cells F29:AB29 into the new row. However every time I run the macro it seems to insert the new row in a different place which is messing up my data. Can anyone help me please? -- Laura Always post your code. HTH Otto "Biffo" <Biffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B60286F-5DAD-478A-B98A-417F5EA61A7D@microsoft.com... > I have a named range First_Table ...

excel, powerpoint
hey, i'm illiterate when it comes to computers so here's a dumb question... i have windows xp pro. version 2002 and i'm curious if i have powerpoint and excel, or if i have to download it from somewhere. can anyone help? thanks. On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:55:15 -0800, srm <srm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey, i'm illiterate when it comes to computers so here's a dumb question... >i have windows xp pro. version 2002 and i'm curious if i have powerpoint and >excel, or if i have to download it from somewhere. can anyone help? thanks. You BUY it from ...

Insert Commas
Hi, I have a string field of numbers that can be up to 26 characters long. What I am trying to do is insert a comma every other number so a string value of 020507 would look like 02,05,07. I started designing a query using If statements based on the length of the fields, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this? Thanks A replace function could be used, but the rules for where a number starts and stops would have to be defined. For example how do you know that 020507 should not come out as 020, 507 or 0, 2, 0, 5, 0, 7? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "jseger2...

how do I insert a contact into an Entourage mail message?
Hello all, I'm running Office 2004 in OS 10.3.8, and use Entourage as my primary email program. I keep all my email addresses in the Entourage address book. Many times a day, I send someone an email in which I want to insert someone else's email address. The fastest way I've found to do it is click on the cc: line, start typing the name of the person whose address I want to insert, click on the right address from the pop-up, then drag it from the cc: line into the body of the email. The obvious problem with this system is that sometimes I forget to go back up to the cc: line and...

PowerPoint Attachments
I have onr computer in our office that refuses to open a PowerPoint attachment in any way than as a slide show. Does any one know how to fix this problem? How is this related to Outlook and what is the file extension on the PPT file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jim asked: | I have onr computer in our office that refuses to open a | PowerPoint attachment in any way than as...

Insert rows with Formulas
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)*B19) G18=C...

How To Make A Word Flash?
I am making a form in which there are many check boxes, etc. I would like to set up that if a check box is checked, there is a function the makes a word or words in the cell next to it flash as a warning or 'dont forget' message. How could this be done? Thanks Wayne, Below is code that will make a cell's text flash, along with an explanation of how to make it work. Since you are using checkboxes, you can use the checkboxes' click event to call Flash or StopIt, as appropriate. Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() If CheckBox1.Value = True Then Flash Else StopIt End I...

printing a powerpoint document from browser using grayscale option to save printer ink
People in our office print powerpoint(.ppt and pptx files) documents from their browsers(Internet Explorer 7/8) to a Toshiba estudio 450 series. When they do it from a browser, they CANNOT see the grayscale option they can choose which can ensure the documents are printed in black and white(thereby saving ink). They can see the option if they save the powerpoint document to their local machine and try printing it from there. Is there a way, they can choose the grayscale option to print while viewing the document from the browser? I understand, there is a way the registry can be modi...

Strange PowerPoint Automation interface failure
VS.NET 2003, talking to PPT 2003 When I open some presentations, using presentations.Open, everything works fine, but in other presentations, it throws a COleException whose code is 'Type mismatch'. The call is presentations.Open(filename, 0, 0, 1) Specifically, the code is try { /* try */ CPresentations presentations; // From CPresentations.h, the presentations coll. CPresentation presentation; // From CPresentation.h CString uname = filename; uname.MakeUpper(); // convert ot all-uppercase HERE(); // part of my de...

Linked Tables to Powerpoint
I am using Excel 2003. I have multiple data tables in excel on one worksheet that are each linked to a different page of a powerpoint 2003 presentation. Now, when I do any editing to the worksheet such as adding another data row into one of the table, thus shifting everything below it down, the linked tables are all shifted down. Is there a way to keep linked tables to powerpoint, but have the program follow the shifted data, and allow me to add/delete rows? Much appreciation if anyone can tackle this. ...

can I mass import addresses from a word document?
would like it to be easier to find what I am looking for without scrolling through the Word document. is there a way to do it with out copy and pasting Unclear from your description what you need to do. Try again. If you want to import names and addresses, create a file type that Outlook can import. If you don't know, look at the Import Wizard to see your choices. File > Import and Export... -- Russ Valentine "lcwarf" <lcwarf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:925FD01C-0414-4892-9C7D-8FDC61B23D8D@microsoft.com... > would like it to be e...

VBA: Insert rows
Hi, I am using the following VBA code to insert a number of rows starting from the value contained in cells(5,3) and ends before or on cells(10,3) the values are always in ascending order and in series. like 12, 13,1 4 etc. I am getting a type mismatch error in the last line of code. It will be great if someone can help me out with this. Sub main() Dim i As Integer Dim value1 As Integer Dim value2 As Integer value1 = Cells(5, 3).Value For i = 1 To 5 If Cells(5 + i, 3) <> "" Then value2 = Cells(5 + i, 3).Value 'MsgBox v...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

Outlook 2007
When I try to insert Attachment (jpeg or bmp, etc), it's not listed in the options to select from. If I choose ALL FILES, it still doesn't show. If a jpeg is saved, then I try to find it, it doesn't show up at all, for attaching. Ideas? ...

Word/Outlook 2002 email merge as plain text
I am trying to do an e-mail merge with Word and Outlook 2002 (all service patches installed). I use the mail merge wizard in Word and select recipients from Outlook through the merge wizard. When I choose plain text, the e-mail sends with nothing in the body of the e-mail and attaches the Word document. HTML works fine. I need to send the e-mails as plain text because the news outlets on my media list prefer plain text or the e-mail gets caught as spam. Any suggestions to get the messages to go as plain text? This used to work and now it doesn't! ...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...