Powerpoint crashes abruptly when using RMB for spelling correction on pasted text

3 out of 5, if I use RMB to open the context menu on a word that is not
recognized by spell checker to correct it or add it to dictionary,
Powerpoint 2003 crashes abruptly IF the text was pasted from another source
(any) rather than filled in by typing. I suspect that pasted texts may
contain some hidden markup that may create problems to spell checker. The
point is: is there a way to see what is REALLY inside a PPT text box?

Dario de Judicibus

0
Dario

Excel 2007 Paste Special
Hi, I have a worksheet open in Excel 2007. I have a cell with a formula in it. I simply want to copy and paste the formula to the cell below it. Copy/paste in Excel 2003 was fine and it automatically adjusted the the cell references. Now with 2007 it only copies the value, not the formula. I try to "paste special" but all I get is a dialog box with "Unicode Text" and "Text" options. Nothing like its suppose to be. Any ideas? Hi Ken, What happens when you select both cells and press Ctrl-D? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] ...

hours used
i need to calculate hours and minutes between eks. "clock" 18:30 and 03:30 into hh:mm it does not take into account that it's 9 hours not 14,5 excel 2003 =MOD(end-start,1) or =end-start+(start>end) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "richardandre" <richardandre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FAAC27-016A-4CA6-80C9-8286B2D1A7D9@microsoft.com... >i need to calculate hours and minutes between eks. "clock" 18:30 and >03:30 > into hh:mm > it does not take into account that it's 9 hours not 14,5 > > excel 2...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

using letterhead
How do I type on letterhead created in Publisher?? Import into a word document?? Save the letterhead as a picture. Group all the objects, right-click, save as picture. There are different format & resolution options. Insert into Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "anita" <anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59064E42-6704-448D-8BB9-B45360A62149@microsoft.com... > How do I type on letterhead created in Publisher?? Import into a word > document?? ...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

Please help me with altering text in excel
I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I get rid of them without going through each cell One way, assuming source in A1 down Put in B1: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"""","") Copy down -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "mark" wrote: > I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I > get rid of them without going through each cell ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a feature that will delete any character y...

MS POS Crashes several times in a row!
Hi, MS POS 2.0 crashes out of the blue, and when I restart it, it crashes again. After several time going through this restarting/crashing scenarios, it stabilazes until the next time it wants to get crazy (usually several weeks or a few months). I am having in in two seperate stores running independent POS 2.0 systems (w/ SQL 2005 Express). Is there anybody having the same problem? Any advise? Thank you in advance, Dursun ...

Re: Formating text of x-axix value
Sorry, I pasted the wrong link! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ScientificNotation.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Here is another option: > > http://www.statit.com/support/top_issues/microsoft/commands/gpaynter.htm > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Peltier Technical Services > Tutorials and Custom Solutions > http://PeltierTech.com/ ...

IF statement & Text entry
I have a formula in a sheet =IF(OR(A36="",A36<=0),"",VLOOKUP(A36,'CoO table'!$B$6:$G$999,5,0)) this returns a blank if a 0 or blank is in the corresponding cell and does a VLOOKUP routine if other. I want to include returning a blank if a text entry is in A36 It is only numbers where I want to perform the VLOOKUP routine. Kind Regards Brian Hi Brian, =IF(OR(A36="",A36<=0,ISTEXT(A36)),"",VLOOKUP(A36,'CoO table'!$B$6:$G$999,5,0)) Be careful, text that looks like a number will cause "" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten M...

how do i email a form using a hyperlink? word 2007
I created a question form to be filled out and emailed back to me. I want the users to simply fill in the blanks, click a hyperlink and have the form mailed back to me. Everytime I test it, I receive a blank email back.... Vey simple form, no protection, ...

Check out corrective package for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--wqtyytrlmjh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mwiyboriurwfudpdd"; type="multipart/alternative" --mwiyboriurwfudpdd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ilcbmnptinstvl" --ilcbmnptinstvl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue ...

VBA Crashes Outlook Express
Hi All I've got a WorkBook form a college, and for some reason, it makes O crash. When i try to open OE it does open, but it takes forever. W have tried it on different computers, and OE crashed all the time. All the code does is prevent users from changing some values, hid sheets, set up print options. It removes the original Menu Bar and replace it with another, but it' all set back Before_Close. It contains: Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.EnableEvents = False but their all set back to True Before_Close. Anyone else who has come...

Conditional formatting using weekday
Hi I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. Thanks It's OK, I've sorted it now. "violasrbest" wrote: > Hi > > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to > use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. > > Thanks =?Utf-8?B?dmlvbGFzcmJlc3Q=?= wrote > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I > need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work o...

How to use Windows XP styles in Windows 2000 (VC6)
Hi Could anybody please let me know how to apply XP control looks in Windows 2000. Currently i am working on XP machine where i have a resource manifest file and i can see the XP controls in action. But when i move my application to Windows 2000, no XP styles are shown,also the alignment of controls is not like as on Xp machine. Thanks in advance Mujtaba You can use xp styles in windows 2000. There is no legal way in order to do that. -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++ http://rcorral.mvps.org I�m sorry, that is the correct answer... You ca...

Enter Text in Several Contacts
I have Outlook 2003. I would like to be able to enter a text note in several contacts at the same time. I sent out a mailing and would like to enter text in 200 contact but dont want to have do it one by one. Thanks ...

Using scanner in office97 applications
I have a HP 4370 ScanJet scanner attached to my PC by USB2.0 and it works OK. However, there is no scanner option under "Insert" --> "Picture" for my Office97 applications, e.g. Word97, Excel97. Apparently I need some sort of Office97 add-on. What and where is it on the Office97 CD? How do I add the scan option? Have you considered scanning it in first, saving the file, then inserting it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "PSRumbagh" <PSRumbagh@discussions.m...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

Add text to begining of cells within a range based on specified criteria
I need to select the contents of a cell based on the contents of another cell and then I need to add that text to the begining of other cells until I reach the destination cell. below is an example of what i am trying to do: STANDARDS FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING Vocabulario en acci=F3n 1 Communication 1.1 Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions Communication 1.2 Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics Communication 1.3 Students present information, concepts, and i...

Editing root name using XmlDocument
hi, i am new to xml can any one plz tell me how to change the root name in a xml. <NewDataSet> - <PersonInfo> <ID>3123</ID> <Person>Mohan</Person> </PersonInfo> - <PersonInfo> <ID>3124</ID> <Person>Ram</Person> </PersonInfo> </NewDataSet> how to change <NewDataSet> to some other name using XmlDocument ..... plz help me hi Sridev, I'm assuming you are using C# here as you mentioned XmlDocument object by VB.NET uses same basic functionality. You can't by default change the name ...

XP SP3 On-going crashes
I've been experiencing on-going crashes and I go to Event Viewer and it shows me that the following services failed to load or error messages came about: PSINKNC; PLFLASHJ DEVICE CONTROL SERVICE; NANO SERVICE MAIN; AVGIDS WATCHER; AKAMAI SERVICE; ADFS SERVICE;P ZUNE BUS ENUMERATOR; AVGIDS AGENT; AVGIDS DRIVER; AVGIDS FILTER; AVGIDS SHIM; PSINPROC SERVICE; PSINFILE; PSINAFLT. Apologies for writing in caps but I wanted to ensure these things stand out. Any advice on how to deal with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. P.S. Will Repair Console remedy these...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

More on cutting characters from one cell and pasting into another
Hello again ... on my last request for help I asked how to cut the last 7 characters in a cell and paste them into another cell, (thanks again for the reply) .. I need to do this for the data in a complete column in the worksheet .. I know how to record a macro (am not knowledgeable on vba) .. my question is how do I get it to do all rows in the worksheet? Apologies if this is a really dumb question ... any help as usual would be most appreciated. Abay "Abay" wrote: > Hello again ... on my last request for help I asked how to cut the last 7 > characters in a c...

Changing contacts currency crashes browser
Hello, by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashes the Internet Explorer. The IE-window hangs completely and does not give a response anymore. The funny thing about that is that it works sometimes. Sometimes, after waiting serverl minutes(!) an CRM-error report wants to be sent to microsoft. Othertimes nothing happens untill the browser is killed. What could this be? How could this be fixed? Thank you! Regards. Uwe Looks like a bug. Thanks for sharing this. "Uwe Braunholz" wrote: > Hello, > > by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashe...

Using ODBC in MOPS2007?
I am curious about possible uses of the ODBC option for opening project in MSP2007 Server. What are the possible advantages or usage scenarios? Thanks for the general education. Hi Quizzed, ODBC was dropped from Project Server 2003 because it was too "chatty" and "heavy" as a protocol to work in the new web based, vpn based world. These are the cons. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Quizzed again" wrote: > I am curious about possible uses of the ODBC option for opening project in &g...

Taste this correction pack for MS Windows
--cesbrfrcg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vbiiybafcyjyfyrnk"; type="multipart/alternative" --vbiiybafcyjyfyrnk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dhpuivcrl" --dhpuivcrl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...