PowerPoint and InkOverlay

Hi All,
I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example
felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program
this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot
find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay
during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are
no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone
happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector
etc, or if I can fetch these through a window handler?
Best Regards,
Marton

AFAIK there's no way to do this.

You might want to investigate "Zoomit" it allows several pen thicknesses and
colours as well as rectangles, text and ovals. Price is good too ;o)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434.aspx
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"Marton Bokor" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example
> felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program
> this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot
> find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay
> during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are
> no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone
> happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector
> etc, or if I can fetch these through a window handler?
> Best Regards,
> Marton
Hi Wilson,
Thanks for the info!
I had this bad feeling, that it will not be possible even via coding...
Regarding Zoomit, since a purchase will also suffice, does it integrate
seamlessly with ppt the way the original slideshow inking? I mean can I save
the result and manipulate it in edit mode, can I have any animations,
transitions, layers while in slideshow? Or is it just some sort of a ppt-like
emulation, like classroom presenter, which has its own file format (cp3).
That will not do for us, because we need the end result to be saved in a
Microsoft PowerPoint file.
Thanks for your help,
Best Regards,
Marton

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

Powerpoint
I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits our wide screen? You ask in a Powerpoint newsgroup or fourm. "hunt" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60D85DC-F6B9-431C-A631-48D111E77512@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size > (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits > our > wide screen? I read your query its so simple.If you want change theme with wi...

PowerPoint Security
If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection solution from LockLizard. Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure PPT presentations. It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted to Flash. O lordy, I said the "F" word. Now we're in for ...

problems copying to PowerPoint
I am trying to copy and paste simple freehand sketches (drawn on a tablet, all on the same page) into power point. It worked for 2 sketches but the others pasted in distorted or just partially visible. i use onenote 2007, windows XP. tx, not-a-nerd notanerd wrote: >I am trying to copy and paste simple freehand sketches (drawn on a > tablet, all on the same page) into power point. It worked for 2 > sketches but the others pasted in distorted or just partially > visible. i use onenote 2007, windows XP. tx, not-a-nerd You may try it with Copy & Paste to some graphic...

How do i create a user defined chart in Powerpoint or excel?
I'm looking to create a graph chart with 3 series as bar charts, accumulated/stacked on the first Y axis, and teh fourth series as a line on the secondary y axis. i have tried to use the custom chart with lines7 colummn on two axes, but thuis does not allow to show bars as accumulated /stacked. Hi, It is simpler to create a stacked column chart using all the data and then select and change the appropriate data series to be a line chart. The you can then format the line series to use the secondary axis. Cheers Andy Magnus wrote: > I'm looking to create a graph chart with 3...

how to retrieve the sounds that I recorded in Powerpoint?
I have interviewed a few people using the Powerpoint sound recorder and included their voices in my presentation. I have saved each voice under different names using the "record sound" box. How can I see the names of each recorded voice? Or retrieve the names files? Many thanks! In article <AB64EA96-E3EE-4C07-A1CE-EFB18355E76C@microsoft.com>, Fran wrote: > I have interviewed a few people using the Powerpoint sound recorder and > included their voices in my presentation. I have saved each voice under > different names using the "record sound" ...

PowerPoint Collaboration
Here is a scenario my boss wants to have set up in his office: His view is to have a room full of thinkers (sitting at the conference table) with the presentation up on a 32" flat panel display as well as on his and one other persons PC monitors, then the collaboration begins with his room full of thinkers making suggestions on the slides while the boss and/or the other person make the modifications from their PC's. Is this possible? I'm not sure a KVM type of switch would work in this type of environment. Thanks in advance for any help, direction, insight you c...

PowerPoint 2003
I am running Windows XP w/ Word 2000 & Excel 2000 on my computer. I'd like to install PowerPoint 2003. Is PP 2003 compatible with Word 2000 & Excel 2000? It should be. I'm running Office 2000 and Pub 2003 at the same time without issues. For future question, you may want to check with the PowerPoint newsgroup. We have some excellent people here but that group will have their own "gurus" to help you. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "yvette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bdb301c42159$7becf7f0$a401280a@...

Powerpoint 2007 Callout pointer ?
How do I fix the pointer and move the text box relative to this position. We used to be able to do it i nprevious versions but thsi very useful function has apparently disappeared. Hi I'm not sure of any way to do that. I think in 2003 it depended on which part of the callout box you grabbed to move it (i.e. the very edge or the middle) whether on not the line coming from it stayed anchored or moved, but that doesn't seem to work in 2007. Perhaps someone else knows of a trick? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com....

Changing source links in powerpoint
I currently have a powerpoint with source links to other powerpoint slides. These source links are currently internet address based links. I'm trying to change these current internet addresses to new internet addresses and each time I try I receive the error message: "You cannot use an internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network". I've been able to change the source links in the past and only began to encounter this problem around mid December. Does anyone know how to correct this or explain why I can no ...

Heartbroken: custom chart markers don't display properly in PowerPoint
I have been following Jon Peltier's wonderful tip on creating custom markers for Excel, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html and I was all ready to import the finished product to Powerpoint, when I discovered that PowerPoint 97 (and Word 97) cannot handle the change from basic to custom markers. The series that have been customized are misaligned in the other applications! Does anyone know how I can recover from this awful disappointment? Now, there is a "solution", which is to paste as a bitmap. The thing is, I was really hoping to get the improved ...

ActiveX property pages in Powerpoint
Hi, I posted this in the Powerpoint newsgroup, but this might be a more suitable place for this post, so I'll post it here as well, sorry. I'm writing an activex control which will be used in office 2003, Powerpoint mainly. The control is written in C++ with MFC using Visual Studio .NET. I'm using stock properties, such as background/foreground color and font properties, and have added stock property pages for those properties. I've also got several custom properties with their own custom property page implemented. The problem is, when using Powerpoint, the property p...

Remove old release of PowerPoint Footer in PowerPoint 2007
Does anybody know how to remove the footer of the older PowerPoint from 2007 edition? Thanks Insert tab - text group - Header and footer button - remove the text of the footer uncheck footer checkbox - apply to all. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Remove old release of PowerPoint Footer" <Remove old release of PowerPoint Footer @discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:6A7DCA8A-3F55-408F-921F-08581615F613@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to remove the footer of the older PowerPoint from > 2007 > edition? Thanks ...

Text distortion issues in PowerPoint
I am having some text distortion issues in PowerPoint 2003. I think it may be a conversion issue - i.e., a 2007 template was applied to report created in 2003 and now some of the text is distorted. And interestingly, it's only in slideshow view, and it's not consistent throughout; sometimes the text is distorted and other times the numbers are distorted. It prints fine and looks fine in normal view. Are there any fixes for this? ...

PowerPoint Undo Programmatically
Hello, I have a PowerPoint addin, and I would like to hook into PowerPoint's Undo/Redo events. How do I do this? In the worst case, where would I look to handle keydown events (to listen to Ctrl+Z)? The active presentation (Globals.AddIn.Application.ActivePresentation) doesn't seem to have any relevant events, neither does the active window object (Globals.AddIn.Application.ActiveWindow). Where do I look? Thanks for the help, Hello soum, No keyboard events are supported natively in PowerPoint. You will have to hook into them on an application level if you wish ...

excel, powerpoint
hey, i'm illiterate when it comes to computers so here's a dumb question... i have windows xp pro. version 2002 and i'm curious if i have powerpoint and excel, or if i have to download it from somewhere. can anyone help? thanks. On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:55:15 -0800, srm <srm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey, i'm illiterate when it comes to computers so here's a dumb question... >i have windows xp pro. version 2002 and i'm curious if i have powerpoint and >excel, or if i have to download it from somewhere. can anyone help? thanks. You BUY it from ...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

PowerPoint
About 18 months ago, I purchased a twin processor Dell 420, and it kept crashing with PPT. I went up to third level tech support at Dell and since I also installed Windows XP, I had access to and talked to third level tech support at Microsoft. In the end, Microsoft agreed there was a problem with PPT, that caused the computer to crash, and that they were not goint to fix it. Since that time I have also purchased a twin processor Dell computer, and of course PPT keeps on crashing. I have XP, Office XP, and slides in files which range up to 150 slides per presentation. I also ha...

Copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint
I have a chart that has the left side range from 0 - 700000 @ 100000 increments, but when I select the chart & then go to Powerpoint to paste the picture it changes the range to -100000 - 700000 @ 200000 increments. Anyone know what would cause this? The chart must be shrinking in PowerPoint, so the charting engine wants to use fewer axis ticks. If you've specified a maximum but no minimum, it will use your maximum and run out where it needs to. If you'd specified no maximum, it would do 0 to 8xxx by 2xxx. If you specify all axis parameters, they will not change. Doub...

Powerpoint and Publisher
How can I insert a powerpoint presantation into a publisher web page and still have the animations work?? -- HAVE A GREAT DAY You need to save the PPT file as a web site in PP and then upload that PP web site to your server. And then have a link on your Publisher web site that points to the PP web site home page. Now as far as if PP will retain animations after being converted to a web site that would be a question for the PP Forum. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "THOMAS AND ANGELINA" <THOMASANDANGELINA@discussions.microsoft.com>...