PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?

I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and
place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide
better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion.

I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
does not include any of the following:

- text added on a blank slide layout
- text in a text box
- tables.
- images.

Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
tables?

Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster
www.sfmta.com/webmaster

0
Charles

In article <uddz0lfyKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Charles Belov wrote:
> I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and
> place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide
> better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion.
>
> I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
> does not include any of the following:
>
> - text added on a blank slide layout
> - text in a text box
> - tables.
> - images.
>
> Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
> Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
> tables?

I expect that with VBA and a thorough understanding of both Word and PPT, and
their respective object models, you could do something like this.

If the object is to convert PPT to something more accessible, would HTML be a
usable alternative to PDF?  We have an add-in that does a decent job of this
(http://www.pptools.com/ppt2html/) and there are other methods of doing the
same thing.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Managing access to OWA 2003
I find it tedious to enable/disable users through the exchange option in the AD users and computers interface. Is there a way to enable and disable via group policy? Or is there any other way to manage hundreds of users? Or maybe even changing some option to make the default as disabled? thanks, Chris Howdy, Download and install admodify.net (it's free and easy to install) it will do everything you want and more! Cheers, "CWstar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e2d01c4abce$32e86440$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I find it tedious to enab...

In Publisher 2003, how do I reset tab default from for all public.
In Publisher 2003, how do I reset tab default from for all publications? ...

Outlook 2003 Can't Read Hotmail
This is a strange one. I've looked in this newsgroup and did a Google search, and tried everything suggested, and it still doesn't work. As suggested, I created a profile just for Hotmail. I told it to prompt for my password. After I start Outlook and specify my password, it shows me the correct number of unread messages. When I click on the "Inbox in Hotmail" folder, it shows me all the headers. But when I select the latest e-mail, the reading pane says "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents." When I double-click the...

Crash of Excel 2007. Prog. only wil work after manual start in VBA
Dear experts, I have a problem with Microsoft Excel 2007 The problem is in my eyes very weird and it happens only on one PC. Explanation: on identical 2 pc’s I installed 2 identical excel programs with the only difference in the program name ProgPC1 and ProgPC2. for months no problem at all. Last week Thursday 26 Nov PC1 came up with an error when the program was started via an Auto_open macro in VBA. Excel crashed program was repaired an Microsoft received a message. New start of the same repaired programme caused the same problem. Oke, then start the program with pressing dow...

Exchange 2003 and relays with UNIX
I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail out to the net because the UNIX machine has an internal/invalid domain name. So far we have been unable to get this to work even though I have gone into the exchange server and told it to mask as the legitmite e-mail server name. Any thoughts or ideas? On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:11:05 -0800, Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an >exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail ou...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 Problem
My settings are completely correct pop3/smtp and authentication, same as from the other workstations. But i have a problem when sending email with attachment to some recipients, sometimes it could reach to specified recipient and sometimes not. How could i get rid of this problem??????? thanks in advance. What errors are you getting? "james" <jag@plastrophil.com> wrote in message news:uuFUzZh%23EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > My settings are completely correct pop3/smtp and authentication, same as > from the other workstations. But i have a problem when sending em...

watermark in Word 2003
how to create watermark in Word 2003. I have used the background - watermark format without success. Well, that's unfortunate, but with no more detail than what you've supplied it's rather difficult for anyone to do anything but speculate as to why that might be. Also, "without success" discloses nothing that might help point to what result did occur. How about some meaningful details? Is it a Picture or a Text watermark? If a picture, what file type? What settings did you use? Have you tried other settings? Have you gone into the Header/Footer to see wheth...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

Move Mailbox and Free Disk Space on Exchange 2003
Running low on a disk space on the Exchange 2003 databases partition. Added more disk space/drives, created a new partition, created a new mailbox store on that partition, successfully moved 3 mailboxes (1GB total) to a new database/partition and did not free up any disk space on the original one. The size of the original databases are the same as they were before the move. Is that by design and I have to go through the esetul crap or I am missing something? On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:09:02 -0700, Vlade <Vlade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running low on a disk space on the E...

Outlook 2003 rules #9
I have 2 rules set up in Outlook 2003. One is to move the emials with large attachments to Large Email folder, and the second rule is to move emails from internal staff to Internal Email folder. Now when I receive an email with a large attachment from an internal staff, it appears in both Large Email and Internal Email folders. How can I make it not proceed to the second rule when the first rule already applies? Add "stop processing more rules" to the first rule. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply onl...

Word 2003 VB
I woudl appreciate some help with my syntax please.... I am trying to prevent a word form document being left blank. I wrote the following from an example in this community but I get an error message 13 when running it. I have attached this to the Field Exit property. The formfield name is FF1. Public Sub FieldExitMacro() If (ActiveDocument.FormFields("FF1").Result) = 0 Then MsgBox "Sorry, you cannot leave this field blank" End If End Sub Thanks -- Nigel Forge ...

blocked access to the following ...
Outlook is preventing me from access what it considers a potentially unsafe attachment, an Access database file. How can I gain access to it? Thanks. Either have it resend in a zip-file or modify the registry. For more info on this see; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I...

Word 2007 cannot save password protected file
If I create a Word .docx file that is password protected (i.e., encrypted), I cannot save it more than once. I am running the released version of Windows 7, 64-bit; Office Word 2007 SP2. Steps to reproduce: 1. Start with a new, blank document and type something in it. 2. Go to Prepare | Encrypt Document and type in a password. 3. Save the file. 4. Change the file (e.g., add one character). 5. Save the file again. Rather than saving it, the "Save As" dialog pops up. If I save as the same name, I get the following error: "Word cannot complete the save due to a f...

Excell 2003 XML?
We generated an xml file from SQL Server and tried to open in Excell 2003, but it doesn't seem that Excel recognizes the style of XML generated? Does anyone know if these are compatible? Also, we can't seem to generate a simple "data only" version of the contents of an Excel spreadsheet, i.e. just cell contents. Has any tried this? Thanks! Not sure about roudtripping from sql to excel but on your data file question when you say data only to you want the data in xml format without keeping the extra xmlss formatting stuff ---- if so try save as xml data ...

Email content disappears using Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with the Outlook Connector to my MSN email account, Windows 7. On a few of my emails, the content, including the header, disappears, but a placeholder for the email is still there. If I go to Hotmail, the email is still there, with all the content and header. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

Cannot create emailaddresses since windows 2003 sp1
Hi, Is there a fix from Microsoft yet for the problem that exchange admins cannot create emailaddresses after deploying w2k3 service pack 1? As a work around we added the group to the administrators group on the exchange server, but the situation is far from ideal. Thanks Andre Care to provde more details? andre_does_it wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a fix from Microsoft yet for the problem that exchange admins > cannot create emailaddresses after deploying w2k3 service pack 1? > As a work around we added the group to the administrators group on the > exchange server, ...

How can I use my Access list to email selective groups?
How can I use my Access list to email selective groups without using my Outlook Address Book? I am using Access 2003. On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:59:01 -0800, ChellBelle wrote: > How can I use my Access list to email selective groups without using my > Outlook Address Book? I am using Access 2003. Download the Email2K sample database from http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

OWA 2003 and changing password
I have a problem on enabling changing password on OWA 200 My server is a 2 nodes cluster Windows 2003 Adv and Exchange 2003 in active/passive mode (only one virtual server My OWA is working great, i have enabled the registry key to show the "change password" butto my virtual server ISSADMPWD with SSL and certificate is installe when a user click on the change password button in OWA a new popup window in HTTPS appears, he accept the certificate and next he has a 404 error (pasge not found) on an .asp page i have verified the .asp page is present and good Does anyone have an idea Th...

Accessing a Profile Value from a Class
Working in a web...How can I access a Profile value from a Class? I've tried positng this the appropriate group with no luck. In the future try to think what newsgroup would be best to have the discussion such as the news://microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet for example because your asking about functionality the framework provides to us rather than a C# language problem. Maybe not thinking enough about the task is part of the problem your having? You sure did not give anybody enough information to respond to. "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> wrote in...

Network password prompt in Outlook 2003
I just got a new Dell computer - running Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 (no, not Outlook Express, OUTLOOK - even though the technicicans at Dell do not believe me, and cannot support 2003). I have 3 user profiles set up on Windows - one for each member of my family. Thus I set up 3 email accounts - each one with its own email profile using our ISP: ameritech.net. I am using a DSL connection I got from Ameritech. My email works fine - it connects and sends and receives. However - for the other 2 email accounts, no matter how I configure them (and I have tried everything, no ...

Apparent backwards text box links in Publisher 2003
After pasting a Word document into publisher, it appears as if the text box links on pages one and two are linked backwards. For instance, the first line of the Word doc appears at the top of the second page in the Publisher file, and the document flows from the right-hand page (page two) to the left-hand page (page one), then flows the left hand page of the next spread (page three). -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com Delete all but one text box, right-click the text box,...

VBA Crashes Outlook Express
Hi All I've got a WorkBook form a college, and for some reason, it makes O crash. When i try to open OE it does open, but it takes forever. W have tried it on different computers, and OE crashed all the time. All the code does is prevent users from changing some values, hid sheets, set up print options. It removes the original Menu Bar and replace it with another, but it' all set back Before_Close. It contains: Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.EnableEvents = False but their all set back to True Before_Close. Anyone else who has come...

Outlook 2003 #130
I installed a trial version of Nortons Anti-Spam which I believe put a red circle with a line through it on the Junk mail folder. I have uninstalled Nortons, taking off the entries in the Registry as well. However, this red circle is still appearing on the Junk email folder, and the program now does not seem to intercept junk email. Please help. Thank You I just installed Outlook 2003 and my junk folder also has a red circle on it. I suspect Norton did not do this. You can configure OL 2003 spam levels by choosing the Junk Email under the Actions menu ----- Misha wrote: ---- ...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

Forward Engineer Access Database
I am new to Visio 2002 and have spent the last few minutes trying to figure out how to forward engineer a database diagram to an Access database. It was really simple in Visio 2000. Could someone please direct me on how to accomplish this. I have spent way too much time developing the schema in Visio, I'd hate to have to redo it in Access. Thanks a bunch! Sal most of the time this turns out to be having the wrong version of visio. you should be at the enterprise version. http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/evaluation/indepth/de vtools.asp al >-----Original Message----- >...