PowerPoint 2003 can't view outline view

So we have a user who likes to use the outline view on the left side of the
slide instead of the thumbnails.  Anybody know why we can't view the text
when we click on outline from slide?  The only thing you see is the red
squiggle mark if there is a mispelling.  I tried many things: maybe it's
white font, maybe is size 1 font, even switched her print drivers.  Did a
detect and repair.  Any suggestions?  I hope the same document and I see the
text.  It's happening to all her Powerpoints not just one particular
document.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

In article <D8CEA07F-BA50-44EA-97D3-E5F9381EACD7@microsoft.com>, Kim wrote:
> So we have a user who likes to use the outline view on the left side of the
> slide instead of the thumbnails.  Anybody know why we can't view the text
> when we click on outline from slide?  The only thing you see is the red
> squiggle mark if there is a mispelling.  I tried many things: maybe it's
> white font, maybe is size 1 font, even switched her print drivers.  Did a
> detect and repair.  Any suggestions?  I hope the same document and I see the
> text.  It's happening to all her Powerpoints not just one particular
> document.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Have her click the "Show formatting" button on the standard toolbar.
It's the one with the A/A icon a few buttons to the right of Insert Chart.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Managing access to OWA 2003
I find it tedious to enable/disable users through the exchange option in the AD users and computers interface. Is there a way to enable and disable via group policy? Or is there any other way to manage hundreds of users? Or maybe even changing some option to make the default as disabled? thanks, Chris Howdy, Download and install admodify.net (it's free and easy to install) it will do everything you want and more! Cheers, "CWstar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e2d01c4abce$32e86440$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I find it tedious to enab...

Outlook 2003 Can't Read Hotmail
This is a strange one. I've looked in this newsgroup and did a Google search, and tried everything suggested, and it still doesn't work. As suggested, I created a profile just for Hotmail. I told it to prompt for my password. After I start Outlook and specify my password, it shows me the correct number of unread messages. When I click on the "Inbox in Hotmail" folder, it shows me all the headers. But when I select the latest e-mail, the reading pane says "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents." When I double-click the...

In Publisher 2003, how do I reset tab default from for all public.
In Publisher 2003, how do I reset tab default from for all publications? ...

Exchange 2003 and relays with UNIX
I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail out to the net because the UNIX machine has an internal/invalid domain name. So far we have been unable to get this to work even though I have gone into the exchange server and told it to mask as the legitmite e-mail server name. Any thoughts or ideas? On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:11:05 -0800, Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an >exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail ou...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 Problem
My settings are completely correct pop3/smtp and authentication, same as from the other workstations. But i have a problem when sending email with attachment to some recipients, sometimes it could reach to specified recipient and sometimes not. How could i get rid of this problem??????? thanks in advance. What errors are you getting? "james" <jag@plastrophil.com> wrote in message news:uuFUzZh%23EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > My settings are completely correct pop3/smtp and authentication, same as > from the other workstations. But i have a problem when sending em...

watermark in Word 2003
how to create watermark in Word 2003. I have used the background - watermark format without success. Well, that's unfortunate, but with no more detail than what you've supplied it's rather difficult for anyone to do anything but speculate as to why that might be. Also, "without success" discloses nothing that might help point to what result did occur. How about some meaningful details? Is it a Picture or a Text watermark? If a picture, what file type? What settings did you use? Have you tried other settings? Have you gone into the Header/Footer to see wheth...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

Move Mailbox and Free Disk Space on Exchange 2003
Running low on a disk space on the Exchange 2003 databases partition. Added more disk space/drives, created a new partition, created a new mailbox store on that partition, successfully moved 3 mailboxes (1GB total) to a new database/partition and did not free up any disk space on the original one. The size of the original databases are the same as they were before the move. Is that by design and I have to go through the esetul crap or I am missing something? On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:09:02 -0700, Vlade <Vlade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running low on a disk space on the E...

Outlook 2003 rules #9
I have 2 rules set up in Outlook 2003. One is to move the emials with large attachments to Large Email folder, and the second rule is to move emails from internal staff to Internal Email folder. Now when I receive an email with a large attachment from an internal staff, it appears in both Large Email and Internal Email folders. How can I make it not proceed to the second rule when the first rule already applies? Add "stop processing more rules" to the first rule. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply onl...

Word 2003 VB
I woudl appreciate some help with my syntax please.... I am trying to prevent a word form document being left blank. I wrote the following from an example in this community but I get an error message 13 when running it. I have attached this to the Field Exit property. The formfield name is FF1. Public Sub FieldExitMacro() If (ActiveDocument.FormFields("FF1").Result) = 0 Then MsgBox "Sorry, you cannot leave this field blank" End If End Sub Thanks -- Nigel Forge ...

Excell 2003 XML?
We generated an xml file from SQL Server and tried to open in Excell 2003, but it doesn't seem that Excel recognizes the style of XML generated? Does anyone know if these are compatible? Also, we can't seem to generate a simple "data only" version of the contents of an Excel spreadsheet, i.e. just cell contents. Has any tried this? Thanks! Not sure about roudtripping from sql to excel but on your data file question when you say data only to you want the data in xml format without keeping the extra xmlss formatting stuff ---- if so try save as xml data ...

Help with Advanced Filter criteria for customized email inbox view
Using MSOutlook2003 I customized my Outlook Inbox view with an advanced filter. The criteria were Field Condition Value -------- ----------- ------ Due By does not exist Due By on or before Today() The result was that I see all of my email messages that either don't have a reminder set (flag and due date) or have a reminder set for any time after 12:00:00 AM of the current day. This worked very well. Everything that is due on a future day was hidden from view so I didn't have to look at it. I then decided that I also wan...

Cannot create emailaddresses since windows 2003 sp1
Hi, Is there a fix from Microsoft yet for the problem that exchange admins cannot create emailaddresses after deploying w2k3 service pack 1? As a work around we added the group to the administrators group on the exchange server, but the situation is far from ideal. Thanks Andre Care to provde more details? andre_does_it wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a fix from Microsoft yet for the problem that exchange admins > cannot create emailaddresses after deploying w2k3 service pack 1? > As a work around we added the group to the administrators group on the > exchange server, ...

OWA 2003 and changing password
I have a problem on enabling changing password on OWA 200 My server is a 2 nodes cluster Windows 2003 Adv and Exchange 2003 in active/passive mode (only one virtual server My OWA is working great, i have enabled the registry key to show the "change password" butto my virtual server ISSADMPWD with SSL and certificate is installe when a user click on the change password button in OWA a new popup window in HTTPS appears, he accept the certificate and next he has a 404 error (pasge not found) on an .asp page i have verified the .asp page is present and good Does anyone have an idea Th...

Email content disappears using Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with the Outlook Connector to my MSN email account, Windows 7. On a few of my emails, the content, including the header, disappears, but a placeholder for the email is still there. If I go to Hotmail, the email is still there, with all the content and header. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

URGENT: How to view originating IP? (Bot/Virus infection)
Hey there, one of our customers has a problem with a lot of outgoing spam. My collegues have already scanned every computer with 2 or 3 virusscanners and found nothing. We're afraid there's some (unknown) bot lurking around somewhere. The main problem is we need to find the source and in the exchange queues I can't seem to find an option to find the IP the message came from (the one that put it in the queue). Is there a way to view this? We only see the sender address (and the destination) which are both useless to us. TIA You can see the source IP address in Message Head...

Apparent backwards text box links in Publisher 2003
After pasting a Word document into publisher, it appears as if the text box links on pages one and two are linked backwards. For instance, the first line of the Word doc appears at the top of the second page in the Publisher file, and the document flows from the right-hand page (page two) to the left-hand page (page one), then flows the left hand page of the next spread (page three). -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com Delete all but one text box, right-click the text box,...

Network password prompt in Outlook 2003
I just got a new Dell computer - running Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 (no, not Outlook Express, OUTLOOK - even though the technicicans at Dell do not believe me, and cannot support 2003). I have 3 user profiles set up on Windows - one for each member of my family. Thus I set up 3 email accounts - each one with its own email profile using our ISP: ameritech.net. I am using a DSL connection I got from Ameritech. My email works fine - it connects and sends and receives. However - for the other 2 email accounts, no matter how I configure them (and I have tried everything, no ...

Unable to view HTML messages
I am unable to view HTML messages in HTML. All I get is code. I have looked all through the options and do not see anything that says turn HTML off or read email in text only format. What am I missing? ...

Outlook 2003 #130
I installed a trial version of Nortons Anti-Spam which I believe put a red circle with a line through it on the Junk mail folder. I have uninstalled Nortons, taking off the entries in the Registry as well. However, this red circle is still appearing on the Junk email folder, and the program now does not seem to intercept junk email. Please help. Thank You I just installed Outlook 2003 and my junk folder also has a red circle on it. I suspect Norton did not do this. You can configure OL 2003 spam levels by choosing the Junk Email under the Actions menu ----- Misha wrote: ---- ...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...