PowerPoint 07 multiple footers

I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post.

I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on even
numbered pages.  I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure you
can alternate them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.

please ignore this post.  i didn't think the first one posted for the
following reasons:

an internet window appeared after i sent it, making it look like i was
unsuccessful (SSL and TLS are checked)
i didn't receive notification of responses, even though i checked the box
and there were 3 responses
i searched for my own posts and my question didn'nt show in the results.

i often have these problems using this board, and i'm not sure why.  it's
been very bothersome.

thank you.

"LisaK" wrote:

> I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post.
>
> I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on even
> numbered pages.  I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure you
> can alternate them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.
Hi Lisa

Don't use the web interface - it's rubbish (as you have found out). Use a
newsreader instead :-) :
The PowerPoint Newsgroup
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00275.htm

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"LisaK" <LisaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please ignore this post.  i didn't think the first one posted for the
> following reasons:
>
> an internet window appeared after i sent it, making it look like i was
> unsuccessful (SSL and TLS are checked)
> i didn't receive notification of responses, even though i checked the box
> and there were 3 responses
> i searched for my own posts and my question didn'nt show in the results.
>
> i often have these problems using this board, and i'm not sure why.  it's
> been very bothersome.
>
> thank you.
>
> "LisaK" wrote:
>
>> I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post.
>>
>> I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on
>> even
>> numbered pages.  I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure
>> you
>> can alternate them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.

0
Lucy

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

email 05-01-07
my outlook express canot fimd server.how do i find it .therefor cannot connect or get any names of newsgroup,and how do obtain any settings i may need or do i have to contact isp.cant send emails out.thanks Annette. On Tue, 1 May 2007 02:25:37 +0100, "annette" <awish@sky.com> wrote: >my outlook express canot fimd server.how do i find it .therefor cannot >connect or get any names of newsgroup,and how do obtain any settings i may >need or do i have to contact isp.cant send emails out.thanks Annette. > Please repost your question in a group supporting Outlook Expr...

Is it possible to run multiple instances of ISINTEG and ESEUTIL?
We have about 8 different Exchange databases on our email server. I want to run eseutil and isinteg on all of them this weekend. Is it possible to open 8 different command prompt windows and run 8 jobs simultaneously on 8 different databases? Can ISINTEG and ESEUTIL work like this, or will I have a problem? Thanks KC Don't see a problem with that, as long as you have the storage and cpu to support that kind of activity (depending on size of stores.... ). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "KingCronos&qu...

Multiple stacked columns chart with lines
Hi all, I have some experience with charting but I almost died trying to plot stacked columns chart combining with lines. My complete dream is to have: - month by month (so 12) groups of 3 stacks of volumes (each stack of 2 series each) - two lines in the same time for monthly margin I've followed Addy Pope's hint for stack bars with different width but it did not work. Is my idea crazy or that is possible to do? Best regards Krispo -- krispo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ krispo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

My Outlook '07 receives but will not send messages. Please help.
I moved and thus began the problem. If more information is needed, please ask. Thank you. On 2/27/2010 4:55 AM, HW wrote: > I moved and thus began the problem. If more information is needed, please > ask. Thank you. SMTP settings need to be reconfigured. Contact your ISP for correct SMTP settings. And yes, we need a lot more information. Software version, how your accounts are setup, are you talking to Exchange server, what is the error message from Outlook, what was the nature of your move, did you switch ISPs, and so forth. Please provide all that and any oth...

query problem 05-09-07
Hi, I have two tables. One for employees Info, the other one for employees completed tasks. In employee’s info table, employee ID is primary key while in employee completed tasks table the employee ID is foreign key. Moreover, in the employee completed tasks table there are more than one tasks for one employee. I made a query for showing all employee‘s info and task. The problem is when I run the query, only those who have a record in the employee tasks table just show, while who do not have record do not appear. I need to sum the completed tasks even if there is no data. Any help pleas...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

multiple domains #5
Hi, We are having problems when trying to send e-mails from two of our domains in our HQ. We have three domains. One is in our HQ(mail hosted on exchange 2003 sp1) and two are on a dedicated linux servers in hosting companies abroad. mail is delivered to our HQ for our main domain and to the individial linux servers for the two domains. We do however have an application that needs to send mail from any of the three domains. Initially this application used to use our exchange server to send the mail for all three domains, but in december yahoo stopped accepting mail for mailboxes that ...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

design decision sanity check
Right now users upload data through a web application, ranging from two hundred to maybe more than two million rows, with columns of integer, nvarchar(127), and nvarchar(255); each time an upload occurs a new table is created with a running index tacked onto the end of a common base name. I want to change this design because I dislike having dynamic SQL in any application-specific sprocs. I also don't like allowing any user application-driven process the privilege to create tables. I floated the idea of consolidating all these tables into one, and the original database de...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...

OFFSET for multiple columns & combobox format
Is there a way to have an OFFSET range of two columns? I have been using multiple columns for my X axis values with non-dynamic charts. Now i'm designing a dynamic chart, but Excel will not let me select two columns (month/wk) for my X axis. Another simple question > how can I format a comboBox text in a chart? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. To create an offset for multiple columns, first define a range name that makes up those columns. For example, the name "XAxisCol" covers columns A and B and refers to the formula / r...

OpnReport with multiple conditions
I am attempting to create multiple conditions when opening an access report but with conditions based on different fields: This is my existing code but I keep receiving an error; I believe it pertains to incorrect syntax: DoCmd.OpenReport "F/U: Complete Report -- Finaltest", acViewPreview, , WhereCondition:="[AdvisorLang]=PrintLang" And "[MailCode]='PrintDist'" DoCmd.OpenReport "F/U: Complete Report -- Finaltest", acViewPreview, , WhereCondition:="[AdvisorLang]='PrintLang' And [MailCode]='PrintDist'" -- Doug St...

Rules - Outlook 2000
If anyone can help it will certainly be appreciated... 1. Multiple Senders' Names in one rule? Is there a way to base a rule on a sender's name or multiple senders' names (I would like to include a list of many possible names in the list. I was able to do this in Outlook Express 6)? 2. Multiple Senders' Addresses in one rule? Can I base a rule on multiple possible senders' addresses (So far, rules only work if I input one sender's address)? Thanks, ...

Memo field 05-07-10
I cannot make the field size increase past 255. Data is cut off Sounds as though you're using a Text field, not a Memo field. Text fields cannot exceed 255 bytes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "mary3416" <mary3416@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE0CB52-7957-46AD-A9A6-A591E8246A13@microsoft.com... >I cannot make the field size increase past 255. Data is cut off On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:04:03 -0700, mary3416 <mary3416@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I c...

Powerpoint
I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits our wide screen? You ask in a Powerpoint newsgroup or fourm. "hunt" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60D85DC-F6B9-431C-A631-48D111E77512@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size > (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits > our > wide screen? I read your query its so simple.If you want change theme with wi...

Footer page number scaling
Hi there, dont think there is a solution to this damn annoying problem I have, but you never know! When you create a footer to list the pages in a work book, they seem to be linked to the scaling of the print set up, so if I have a work book of 10 pages and 5 of them are say 100% and the other 5 are at 50% to fit to page the footer then becomes tiny on these pages and is not obviously consistent with the other pages when printed out and put together as a folder. Is there any way around this? I have tried using report manager add-in which from the looks of things is pretty much useless. I w...

Convert 1 row of data into Multiple columns
Hi, My spreadsheet has 4 columns of data but I need to convert just the 1 column into a row. Example: Column A has the date Column B has the 30 minute intervals starting from 09:00 to 17:00 Column C has the 5 different stocks (ABL, AGL; ANG; BAW;SLM) I want data for but each stock is listed multiple time per interval Column D has the actual values of the stocks at the diffferent intervals I need to convert column C into 5 columns but retain the other columns data applicable to the various stocks so its easy to view in a table-like format. Using copy/paste/tranpose feauture in Excel is...

Unwanted multiple calendars and folders
After I migrated to Office 2003, I've ended up with thee calendars (Calendar, Calendar in Archive and Calendar in Personal Folders) and two copies of each email account folders (including 2 Personal Folders). These are not exact copies...for example, only one of the Personal Folder emails is complete as is just one calendar (Calendar in Personal Folders). How do I get rid of the calendars and duplicate email folders I don't want without losing any mail? Also, the proper calendar is Calendar in Personal Folders but it never allows for reminders saying the event isn't in my calend...

I need to delete oldest record so that table only contains latest record 09-16-07
Hi, I have a table called DDPayments which contains 4 fields: PaymentID, DDID, BankID and Date Paid. I need a query that will delete all records, so the rows will only contain the most recent Date when a transaction occured. I currently have the following in the table: ROW 1 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 ROW 2 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 3 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 10/08/07 ROW 4 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 5 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 6 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 (This table i...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

Multiple Exchange Servers (across slow link)
Hello, Soon I will be needing to setup a remote office network. The main site will be running SBS for ISA/DC/Exchange. The remote site will be connected via VPN (router to router) back to the main site with those workstations on the same internal domain. Each site is in effect a different business with their own email domains and will have a standard ADSL Broadband connection. To save traffic I was thinking it would be better to have an exchange server on site at each location to manage the email domains appropriate for that location. The alternative is the Exchange server at the main site ...

PowerPoint Security
If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection solution from LockLizard. Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure PPT presentations. It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted to Flash. O lordy, I said the "F" word. Now we're in for ...