Power Point reader problem with emails

I have new computer with Windows 7--downloaded Power Point reader--cannot
open pps files sent by email--I didn't have this problem with Windows XP.  ??
 Thnks for any help.
--
Redmond novice

In article <8D420873-FCF0-4F89-897A-D51B8A2F9932@microsoft.com>, Redmond novice
wrote:
> I have new computer with Windows 7--downloaded Power Point reader--cannot
> open pps files sent by email--I didn't have this problem with Windows XP.  ??
>  Thnks for any help.

Save the file to your hard drive then open it from there.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Where is the starting entry point of asp.net
Dear all, I have download a open source c sharp program named as cuyahoga. The solution ontains 10 project. I can find the starting project. But in the starting project, I cannot find which file is the starting point for the project. How can I figure out which file is the starting point and then I can debug it? Thanks. An ASP .NET Web Project is essentially a website. As such, whatever file that bears the name of the web server's "default" value (on IIS that's usually "default.htm", "default.asp", or default.aspx") that...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Problem with Tools displays
Recently I've started having a problem in Outlook XP (Outlook 2002), under Windows 2000 Professional, where all the windows that open up under the Tools section (e.g. Tools-> Options) have fonts that are too large and the contents of the windows are cut off. I saw a support item that mentioned a corrupted Tahoma font but replacing the font in WINNT\Fonts has not helped. Any ideas what else I might try? Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >Recently I've started having a problem in Outlook XP >(Outlook 2002), under Windows 2000 Professional, where all >the win...

I want to activate email notification while Outlook is inactive.
How do I go about setting up Outlook to notify me of email while my program is inactive or closed? "OGThomas" <OGThomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D11B82D-8174-46E6-B84F-05476F0E22A0@microsoft.com... > How do I go about setting up Outlook to notify me of email while my > program > is inactive or closed? You can't. Does the speedometer of your car work while the engine is off and the car is stationary? You can use a third-party notifier but that has to be up and running so you may as well just keep Outlook running... Y...

configure Exchange INTERNAL email user only.
Hello, Is there an easy way to configure an Exchange 2003 mail account for internal email only? I want a user to only be able to send/receive to GAL users only. I do not want this user to send outside the company, or receive internet email. What's the best approach. Troy 1. To stop sending to outside users: Delivery Restrictions on SMTP Connector(s) with internet address spaces (* - and also on any other smtp connectors for specific address spaces/domains). 2. To stop receiving from internet: Set default address of user to a non-registered domain, e.g. user@domain.local -- B...

Home / Office Desk Power Option failed to turn off LCD screen
Hi, My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. I have set my power option as "Home / Office Desk Scheme" which is suppose to turn off my LCD screen after 10 minutes if the PC remains inactive. Lately I find that this feature is not working at all. I need to turn off the screen manually if I play music for long hours. May I know what are the possible causes and how to deal with this problem ? Thanks Low On Feb 2, 2:05=A0pm, Mr. Low <Mr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. > > I have set my p...

Outlook client problems 12-07-07
One of my users is having an issue when she opens Outlook where she gets an error that says the CRM client can't load because cookies have been disabled within her browser settings. And then she gets the infamous error: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality..." This was working fine yesterday -- she comes in this morning and now it's not working. I checked her browser settings and cookies aren't disabled. Just in case I went in and added the CRM server to her list of trusted sites within her Intranet zone and that didn't make a difference. ...

how do I remove an email heading from an excel worksheet
I emailed an excel worksheet to my accountant and cannot get rid of the email address section at the top of the page. Can anybody help??????? You probably sent the one sheet as message content. Click the Email button (usually 5th from the left on the Standard Toolbar) or go back and select File>Send To>Mail Recipient to turn the 'borrowed' email client features off. HTH |:>) "Whitley Bay Tel" wrote: > I emailed an excel worksheet to my accountant and cannot get rid of the email > address section at the top of the page. Can anybody help??????? ...

Serious Outlook Problems
When I open Outlook 2000 I get the following error message. "An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: C . The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." Now this is weird! It tells me what to do and then tells me I don't have permission to perform this operation???? I'm the only one on the computer! HOW DO...

Help
We installed Hotfix 911829 to change the editor of OWA so that the "Press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate and use this control" box does not appear. After installing, when clients using OWA with IE send email, their emails are received with Asian characters and garble. If they send outside of our Exchange system, the email is normal. Can anyone please offer any advise? Thanks. Steve It looks like the problem is due to our custom disclaimer program called eXclaimer. We're working to solve. Thanks. Steve "SteveJHU" wrote: > > We installed H...

Cannot Get Email
I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks. This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.window...

Problems when trying to publish
Hi Trying to make my first web-site ever. Have prepared a page in Publisher 2003, but when I try to publish on my www adr. I receive a message as follows after having filled in the www-adr as "file name" and said SAVE: -- Filtered HTML-files are smaller than regular HTML-files, and can be published to and downloaded from the internet more quickly.... To make any changes to the web-site, first edit the original .pub file in the Publisher and then publish it again using the publish to the web command on the file menu. Saying OK to this, nothing more happends, and nothing i...

fonts problem
Hello, I'm having problems with my signature. The signature is set in our company font, Helvetica 55. We use Word as editor, and send in HTML format. When sending out mail, the font for the body and signature is in Helvetica. When replying to an email, the body font is usually in Helvetica (not always) but the signature font changes to Arial, Tahoma or Times roughly in line with the font of the original email (but not always.) Replies to internal mail is still in Helvetica. Any advice or help? Many thanks NEIL ...

problem with CAsyncSocket in a RUN_TIME class, urgent
Hi, I have a strange problem. I have a RUN_TIME class (Cwt), which is a user_interface thread I create it CRuntimeClass* prt=RUNTIME_CLASS( Cwt ); AfxBeginThread(prt,THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL); there is a class derived from csyncsocket in it, I have a function to setup the socket, when I call it directly it works. but when I send a window message to set up it, it works in debug mode, but crashes in release mode. I have to make the connection in another thread, so I have to use SendThreadMessage. thanks Behzad behzad wrote: > > Hi, > I have a strange problem. > &g...

Linking word and power point
How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow running, my word document is always on the correct page of the document? This newsgroup/forum is for Microsoft Access Databases. You should post this question in a Word or Powerpoint newsgroup/forum to get the correct help. This is a Microsoft Access database forum. Try the Word or Power Point forums. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "EdwinKania" wrote: > How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow ru...

Adding message to all outgoing emails
Hey, I am looking for a way to add a message to all outgoing emails, basically want I want to be able to do is have everyone who receives an email from our site get a message with their email. This is an Exchange 5.5 server. Thanks Here you go http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=258206 -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "paco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012801c3af9c$7c6a3500$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hey, > > I am looking for a way to add a ...

ongoing problem of no pictures showing in the publisher work space
I have researched this problem for a few days now. I have read every post on this forum regarding this problem with inserted pictures/clip art not showing up in the publisher workspace. I've tried all suggestions and the only thing that works consistently is to lower my video card acceleration so the directdraw and direct3D are disabled. This does allow the program to function properly. However I can't leave that setting on since many other programs need full acceleration to function properly. I have written to ATI tech support as well but have had no response yet. I have ...

Change the Point of a Series
Using Excel 2000 I have a column chart for the status of work requests. There are 2 columns, Open and Closed with Open displayed to the left of closed. I added a new Series to this chart for Overdue requests which I can display on top of my Open column to show how many of my open are Overdue. I am trying to add another Series called On Time to show how many of my closed were closed on time. This series is displayed also on top of my OPEN column. How can I edit this series to appear on top of my CLOSED column ? ...

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

date format problem #5
hi all, I am creating a report using a tool called Nvison. it uses a query tool that will return data and populate it to an excel sheet. this query tool has the default date format yyyy/mm/dd which cannot be changed. In my excel file data output ,I want the date to be in the format mm/dd/yyyy. Though i have defined custom date format(mm/dd/yyyy) for my column the data is populated in the format yyyy/mm/dd in the excel sheet.However when i double click on the cell and press enter the format becomes mm/dd/yyyy which is the custom format that i have defined(& the format that i want). can...

power of ten?
Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). Thanks, Jim Use superscript. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jim K." <grinmonger@aol.com> wrote in message news:369c9f8b-adaa-4196-a071-7a44a4dac843@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to > express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). > Thanks, Jim...

A problem with Excel
Hey All, This is what I have a problem with in MS Excel. If you migh have noticed, when we open word documents they always open up i different windows. When we try and open Excel documents they all ope in the same window. How is it possible to be able to open different Exce documents in different windows? Thank you all for your help, Take care, Bye, Vivek Phili ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step g...

Delivery Problem #3
Hy, trying to send a message to my office mailbox from my own private mailbox, doing a message tracking i can see that my front-end server receive the message, transfer it to my back-end server and in the message tracking on my back-end server i find this: Message submitted to Advanced Queuing Started Message Submission to Advanced Queuing Message submitted to Advanced Queuing Message Submitted to Categorizer Started Message Submission to Advanced Queuing Message Submitted to Categorizer The message isn't in any queue and is not been delivered... What i can do? Thanks Kentucky Ciao a t...

Problem loading SMTP extension
When I attempt to open Connections\Internet Mail Service I receive the following: Extension 'SMTP' could not be loaded. A problem occurred with the extension .DLL file, possibly dut to memory shortage. Close some applications or windows, and try again. Microsoft Exchange Administratior ID no:c10312c6. I have stopped the Exchange services and restarted wit no sucess. Shut down and rebooted mail server with not success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Most common cause for this error is a permissions change to the add-ins share - or it not being shared any more. Veri...

Cannot open 2003 Excel .xls file named Power Gas Details.xls
I opened this file today and added some formating of columns, etc and some numbers to the spread sheet. I saved it. I tried to reopen later and got error messages 1) Excel cannot open the file. It may be write only or encripted (I did not deliberately set a pass word or encript?), 2) Excel cannot open this file, I don't know why as it did earlier? I have previously downloaded vewiers from Microsoft with the understanding that these viewers would be able to open old spread sheets or other older items in previous versions of Excel. I not have Excel 2003 and have been using for a long ...