Playing a video within Powerpoint 2003

I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It plays under windows
media, but when you embed it within a slide in Powerpoint 2003 you can hear
the audio but you cannot see the video. All you see is a black square.

I have looked to see if the size was an issue but I cannot find anything
that says there is a size limit.

How can I get this to play?

Thank you for your help

"Mikflan" <Mikflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It plays under windows
> media, but when you embed it within a slide in Powerpoint 2003 you can
> hear
> the audio but you cannot see the video. All you see is a black square.
>
> I have looked to see if the size was an issue but I cannot find anything
> that says there is a size limit.
>
> How can I get this to play?
>
> Thank you for your help

PPT does not use Windows Media Player to show video in PPT presentations.
The issue you are having is fairly common with AVI files.  I would recommend
you use Windows Movie Maker or other video editing software to convert the
AVI file to a WMV file and insert that into the PPT file.

Other issues that can cause this is a long path to the video file.  The
video file should be in the same folder as the PPT presentation and it
should be in a folder with the shortest path name possible.

You can also download a trial version of Videozilla (paid version is the one
I use) which will convert up to 9 times before you have to purchase.  Does a
good job of converting files to usable ones.
http://www.videozilla.net/download.html

0
LVTravel
2/4/2010 7:46:29 PM
Do you have a video editing application? Try rendering the file in wmv
format. This works in Powerpoint2007 and I'm still working to get this to
work in Powerpoint2003.
pestocat

"Mikflan" <Mikflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It plays under windows
> media, but when you embed it within a slide in Powerpoint 2003 you can
> hear
> the audio but you cannot see the video. All you see is a black square.
>
> I have looked to see if the size was an issue but I cannot find anything
> that says there is a size limit.
>
> How can I get this to play?
>
> Thank you for your help

0
pestocat
2/4/2010 7:54:26 PM
In article <53018453-C529-405B-801F-39862E06546A@microsoft.com>, Mikflan
wrote:
> I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It plays under windows
> media, but when you embed it within a slide in Powerpoint 2003 you can hear
> the audio but you cannot see the video. All you see is a black square.
>
> I have looked to see if the size was an issue but I cannot find anything
> that says there is a size limit.
>
> How can I get this to play?

I'm not sure if this'll help, but it's worth a shot:

Videos play correctly on computer but not on projector (black box)
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00467.htm

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

(Outlook 2003) How can I AUTOARCHIVE only selected folders?
I would like to Autoarchive selected folders, for which I set autoarchive via the (select folder) right click-select PROPERTIES menu item. But every time I set up a folder autoarchive, OL insists on setting Autoarchive properties for the entire PST file, and then as a result, all folders would be autoarchived, which I don't want. I'm confused about how this should work. Thanks for clearing this up for me. ILOO ...

Find text in embedded Visio diagrams within a Word document.
I am using Word 2003 and Visio 2003 Professional running on 32-bit Windows XP Professional SP2 + other patches. I have several Visio diagrams embedded within a Word document. The diagrams contain data names that I also refer to within the main Word document text. Sometimes I have to change a data name, e.g. from "myData1" to "myBigData26". I can use the Word find/replace to globally change the text within the Word document but it does not change the text within the Visio diagrams. I am OK with that but I would like to be able to say to Word "in all embed...

How do I use footnotes in Publisher 2003?
Tried to copy and paste Word document with footnotes into Publisher. It drops the reference and the footnote. Can't find any means of inserting footnotes in Publisher. Solution? Footnotes are handled separately from the body text in a Word document. You'll need to open the footnotes seperately and copy/paste the text. Same thing goes for page headers and footers. -c On Jan 2, 2:52 pm, churchlady <churchl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Tried to copy and paste Word document with footnotes into Publisher. It > drops the reference and the footnote. Can't ...

delete page within a worksheet

Group within group
I have a report that is a summary. I have a group footer on field WCNo. I want to group within that group. Is that possible? Here is an example of my report. Work Center Quantity 2010 1 551 2 552 3 555 4 556 5 565 6 602 77 605 8 803 9 808 10 So that is what prints currently. I would like for it to look like this: ...

backup outlook 2003 information to a cd
i am looking for help transfering my outlook 2003 information to a disc. I carry a lap top and want to load my information from the office computer too the lap top. I have got to the area where i exported the information to a pst file but dont where to go from there? Now just import the PST file from the other computer. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "eagle999" <eagle999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1D50A3B-AA27-4BFF-8AF0-66B58B4E7917@microsoft.com...

Burned DVDs not playing in vcr
Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:54:02 -0800, RLBBBJ <RLBBBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the >playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. Usually PCs are quite flexible for DVD playback, where hardware devices may not be. One critical step for working with standalone DVD players is the DVD disk should be "finalised" which ...

Column chart Excel 2003
I know that you can paste a picture (e.g. a picture of a pen) into the Column of a Column chart by either simply copying/pasting the picture or as a fill effect-picture... The problem I have is that I have a fill effect for the whole chart area, let's say blue. Now when I replace the columns with my picture there are white background behind each of the pictures which I would like to be transparent. I tried every possible way but can't get rid of it. I know it works as I have a file here which proves it is possible but don't know how. However, when I paste the picture into P...

Outlook 2003 in Cache mode and Public forms
Hi, When I use Outlook 2003 in cache mode, my customised public forms do not get updated on the server. So if I change a property or a value in a form then the change only shows up in my PC where others will not see any changes made. I waited for at least 1 hour and no changes showed up. Can you please help? Rayyan disable cache mode to publish. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent ...

Linking tables in publisher 2003
I want to use tales to organize a long list. It will span several pages. I'd like to link them. How can I continue the tables over several pages? 128 rows is maximum even in Publisher 2007. I suggest MS Word. "Bina" <Bina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D00C4B0F-23A5-432C-BC06-AE6F77A04606@microsoft.com... >I want to use tales to organize a long list. It will span several pages. >I'd > like to link them. How can I continue the tables over several pages? I second the suggestion... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

can a hyperlink open to a specific time in a video file?
I hope someone can help me out. The only problem is my hotmail account gets so much junk mail I can't recieve messages on it so and an e-mail to ryan.schaefer@enbridge.com would be much appreciated. thanks Hi, I don't think so. Can you edit the video to the start at the place you need to begin?? sorry i'm not more help to you.. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I hope someone can help me out. The only problem is my hotmail account gets >so much junk mail I can't recieve messages on it so and an e-mail to >ryan.schaefer@enbridge.com would be much apprec...

Hosting multiple domains on exchange 2003
Good Day, I have a domain name @123.com hosted by our exchange server, I would like to add @abc.com to exchange. I followed this article to add the domain http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html I've made the mx dns changes to reflec the new domain, I've refreshed the recipient policy and also restqarted all exchange services just to make sure it is refreshed. Anytime I send an email from the outside world i get an error "550 Recipient not local" I am able to send emails internally to the new domain. Any help would be appreciated. Ray Check that on the ...

Not playing some files
I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed WMP is Version 11.0.6002.18111 My player will play some files but not others. The files are either mp3, wma or wav. but the player will play some of the group but not others of the same group. It doesn't seem to distinguish. In other words it seems to take pot luckas to whether it will play a file or not. WMP is the default player Can you help please? On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:40:01 -0700, Brian S <Brian S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed > >WMP is...

edgewood video
Chris, Thanks so very much for the Edgewood video and JR Hall's cd. I had no idea that there was one of those. The new video is perfect and so is the first one after I finally figured out how to play it properly. All of you did a wonderful job, but I do have one question about your "cut and paste" on Sara's interview. Where on earth did the Audubon Wild Turkey come from? I have it here and am thinking about donating it back to go over the dining room mantle where it belongs. Have not quite made up my mind yet. Thanks again for all of your hard work and th...

Attachments W/ 2003
In older versions of outlook, you had the option to attach a file as a shortcut. You could click attachment, browse to the file, and then the insert button had a drop down that had an option, attach as short cut. 2003 does not seem to have this option Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or do something similar to this. I need to send emails with attachments but the since it is with in the company their is no need to send the actual file but rather a short cut to the file. Any suggestions or ideas This is an option when you use Word as the e-mail editor and use Rich Text ...

Powerpoint 2007 is converting PPT 2003 videos into pictures
I opened a PPT 2003 presentation containing a number wmv videos in Powerpoint 2007 to make some minor revisions. When I tried to save the presentation, the program converted all of the videos into pictures. I tried saving in both the current and an older format(2003), neither seemed to work. "PB" wrote: > I opened a PPT 2003 presentation containing a number wmv videos in Powerpoint > 2010 to make some minor revisions. When I tried to save the presentation, the > program converted all of the videos into pictures. I tried saving in both the > current an...

PivotTable 2003 Code is not working
HI guys, I have added code to show all items in my pivottable when a bitmap is clicked. The code needs to first show all items in the pivottable and then go back to the scorecard sheet. THe code to show all itmes does not work at all. The hyperlink works fine. I am hoping this code will solve another problem. On the scorecard, I have a button to click that filters the pivottable for a specific page item and specific row item. If they go back to the scorecard and choose another filter choice, it does not filter properly. So I thought if each time they go back to the score...

Open 2003 files with 2000
I have Pub 2000. Someone has sent me a Pub 2003 file. It won't open. Any ideas how to open it? Have your sender re-save as a 2000 file and send again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5274206-0951-4937-80F9-26AF41E56682@microsoft.com... >I have Pub 2000. Someone has sent me a Pub 2003 file. It won't open. Any > ideas how to open it? ...

Embed Video in Publisher Newsletter
Hello Here is what I want to do. Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if anyone knows software that can (or assist). I produce a company newsletter in Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly. I currently put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the document itself. I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length of the video), but I would still like to proceed. Can Publisher do this? Will it work when it is converted to pdf? I leave this question to the experts to discuss. Thanks! If you do find a way ...

Saving one sheet within a workbook
Is it possible to save one sheet tht is contained within a workbook of 50+ sheets? Since I have to attach the saved sheet to a record in another application it will save almost 2MB of space. If, however, I have to re-open the newly saved workbook to make changes I will need it to be "re-inserted" into the master workbook in order for the multiple lookups to work. I have tried to use 2 workbooks to facilitate the lookups and that is working - until I have to reload a saved workbook, because it has a name that is not recognized by the lookup workbook. I do not like links (mayb...

Outlook 2003 & Rich Text Email & Outlook Read Mail Toolbar Displac
Anytime I read a rich text email the Outlook Read Mail toolbar goes to the top of the email form. I can move it to a new location, but it won't stay there if I close down the email and re-open it.. It appears to be occurring on all rich text email and not just email from certain senders. Reading plain text and HTML emails I do not have this problem. Any insight would be appreciated. ...

Misspelled word in Puslisher 2003
Spell check is not catching 'colonge' (cologne, is correct). I checked the custom dictionary, but it is not part of the added words. Any ideas? -- Stephfunny In my version of Publisher 2003, this word is part of the autocorrect that automatically changes colonge to cologne. Are you getting a tag under the word? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephfunny" <Stephfunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB4B9061-783A-4392-9C21-FDDF15786155@microsoft.com... > Spell check is n...

Outlook 2000/2003 and Exchange 5.5
Can a user use both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 to access their mailbox on Exchange 5.5 ? i.e. can I interchange my outlook client between 2000 and 2003 to access my mailbox on Exchange 5.5 ? Outlook will be on different workstations. Cheers Raji Yes, but rules will get messed up. Don't upgrade rules in ol2003 and only create rules on one version of outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.goog...

Sum corresponding row values for Saturday only dates within a date range #2
I am trying to find all Saturdays within a range(on row 14), and if a Saturday is detected, then I would like to add the values in the corresponding row for the Saturday only dates(available in row 16). After going through the date range, if the total sum is zero, then I would like to return false. I also am trying to avoid doing this via a macro as it should be automatically re-calculated if a cell changes. Currently I have the cell formatted as follows that will provide a true or false, if any Saturday is detected with values in the corresponding row. I created a IsSaturday function, that...

how do i publish video in sharepoint designer
how do i publish video in sharepoint designer You need to put the video file somewhere. It can be in a document library. Then the old school, simple way is to use an EMBED tag in a page that points to the video file like this: <embed src="http://www.pointbridge.com/Videos/ToddLavigne_DMG.wmv" width="500" height="375"></embed> You can put this code in a page with SharePoint Designer or you can place this code in a Content Editor Web Part. With this method, if viewers have the right browser plug-in they can see the video. The newer way t...