Play movie automatically when reenter slide

Dear all,

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 on WinXP.
I have a movie on each slide and each slide has a hiperlink to all the other
slides.
The presentation is designed for a touchscreen.
When a certain slide is entered the first time, the movie plays
automatically. However, if I jump to another slide and reenter the initial
slide the movie will start only it is clicked. Is there a way to start the
movie automatically after reentering the slide? Thank you!

Either place a slide before the movie slide that has a zero seconds auto
transition and link to this slide OR make the video slide a one slide custom
show and link to the custom show
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"Claudiu" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using Microsoft Office 2003 on WinXP.
> I have a movie on each slide and each slide has a hiperlink to all the other
> slides.
> The presentation is designed for a touchscreen.
> When a certain slide is entered the first time, the movie plays
> automatically. However, if I jump to another slide and reenter the initial
> slide the movie will start only it is clicked. Is there a way to start the
> movie automatically after reentering the slide? Thank you!

Adding contacts to distribution lists automatically
I would like to add several hundred contacts to distribution lists based on categories. I only need to do this once (I have Send Personally from mapilab to handle future subscriptions) but the idea of changing existing contacts manually makes my head spin...any ideas on how to automate this? I'm using Outlook 2000. Thanks for your help! Lisa My question is why would you want to do this? DL's are buggy, featureless and inflexible. Since you've created Categories already, why not use those instead of DL's? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lisa" <lpb@xtra.co.nz&g...

Automatically number workbooks
Does anyone know how I can get Excel XP to automatically number each new workbook I create, but continue the numbering even when Excel is closed (which would normally restart the numbering seq) ?? Ideally I would like a filename - Report 1, Report 2, Report 3 etc and a new number for each new report. Thank you! ...

Burned DVDs not playing in vcr
Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:54:02 -0800, RLBBBJ <RLBBBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the >playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. Usually PCs are quite flexible for DVD playback, where hardware devices may not be. One critical step for working with standalone DVD players is the DVD disk should be "finalised" which ...

Not playing some files
I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed WMP is Version 11.0.6002.18111 My player will play some files but not others. The files are either mp3, wma or wav. but the player will play some of the group but not others of the same group. It doesn't seem to distinguish. In other words it seems to take pot luckas to whether it will play a file or not. WMP is the default player Can you help please? On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:40:01 -0700, Brian S <Brian S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed > >WMP is...

DVD plays backround music but doesn't play voice or effects
OP System: Windows 7 I put in a DVD that's around 12 years old, and the visual and the backround music works, but the voices and sound effects are absent. Anybody had this problem before? Ive got all my updates, so I think WMP just stopped supporting the some of the codecs for older DVD's. Just seemed odd, any feedback would be appreciated, thanks. On Apr 22, 10:45=A0pm, TommyTheGun <TommyThe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OP System: Windows 7 > > I put in a DVD that's around 12 years old, and the visual and the backrou= nd > music wor...

Setting Automatic Spell Check
Cannot not activate spell check button in Outlook Express 6.(grayed out on tool bar). Would like to include automatic spell check before sending out emails. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress...

automatic emails from cases
How do I initiate the automatic emails (acknowledgements) to case contacts when a case is created, escalated, closed etc. Thanks, Petri You could setup workflow rules for that. Send an email when a case is created, send one when the status changes, etc. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Petri" <Petri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BDC6BA-DFF8-41BE-9D4D-2E1593AAAEDF@microsoft.com... > How do I initiate the automatic emails (acknowledgements) to case contacts > when a case is created, escalated, closed etc. >...

I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on
I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on every 5 min. to the file it is from. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "charliebuck" <charliebuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23287517-3897-4E0A-B411-650AAC457093@microsoft.com... >I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on every 5 min. >to > the file it is from. > ...

send and receive all automatically?
Is there a third party software that will allow Send/Receive all every 5 minutes or so automatically in outlook 2003? Outlook 2003 does not allow hotmail account to send and receive emails automatically. "-Almazick-" <Almazick@comcast.net> wrote in message news:uq44lN08GHA.3396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a third party software that will allow Send/Receive all every 5 > minutes or so automatically in outlook 2003? > > Outlook 2003 does not allow hotmail account to send and receive emails > automatically. Tools menu, Send Receive, Send Receive s...

Outlook 2003
How can I designate a copy of a message to go to a folder when I send it? Thanks, Tom Use rules - "after I send the message" and designate the folder. If this is only going to be for one piece of mail, then I would not waste the limited space for rules and just move it manually. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: GigaNews <tom.quinn@adherentlabs.com> asked: | How can I designate a copy of a message to go to a folder when I send | it? | | Thanks, | Tom ...

automatic scrolling
How do I stop the automatic scrolling in the inbox messages? All of a sudden, the messages began to scroll. If I right click along the scroll bar, a drop box appears with several choices regarding scrolling. However, there is no choice to "turn it off". If there is anyone out there with the answer, I'd be very grateful. Thanks. Windows Mail doesn't do that. There's something wrong with=20 your mouse. Using a wireless mouse with a low battery? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermo...

Calendar that is automatic
Hi, I'm looking for either Excel templates, Outlook or other programs that will allow me to place events in the calendar for a year. And yet have the ability to push all the events back one day or a week if an unexpected event happens. For example, when I have a meeting one monday, an aduit on tuesday, and a validation on next tuesday, and I have to skip monday cause a client can't make it and forced to push back all the event one day. Is there a Excel template that will automatically push all the events back. Thanks I really appreciate it if someone would help me. do...

Sorting Data Automatically
I am importing text into a new worksheet and would like to run a macro that can perform labour a labour intensive sort/deletion. Column A contains a mixture of text strings as follows: QR4567 QR4567/QT1223 QR4290 QR4290/QT1224 What I would like to do is determine how many QR's have associated QT's and how many QR's are remaining that dont have associated QT's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Hi Alan not sure how the sorting comes into this - sounds more like needing a formula to count when a cell contains both QR & QT as op...

MP11 ripping CD only plays WAV
Help! This has got to be something simple. I'm new to MP11 on Vista. Can play CD's thru MP11 fine. Ripping CD appears to complete OK, but playback from Library only works with WAV rips. Tried the WMV's and MP3. Any other format seems to lockup MP11 playback and nothing (even the WAV's) playback. Fixes upon restart of MP11. Copied MP3 file from MP11 into another box running MP10 - and it plays fine. Similar problem for me too, except that I'm using XP. Anybody know how to solve this? I even tried re-installing this thing but it just won'...

wmp cannot play file
file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how do i sort it please. ..iso is an image file and it doesn't get "played." You need a burning program like imgburn to burn the image to a CD/DVD. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "stoneage" <stoneage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637CE0D3-90E6-4217-A908-13F5C5A8BE70@microsoft.com... > file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how > do i > ...

Adjust scales automatically
Hi, How can I arrange it so that the x and y axis scales automatically adjust to different data within the same series? Eg say I make a chart that has the x axis (A1:A10) going from 1 to ten. If I paste in an x axis range going from 100 to 1000 how can i get the scale to adjust automatically? Thanks for help, N Jon Peltier has instructions for linking the axis scale to formulas on a worksheet: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Nicole wrote: > How can I arrange it so that the x and y axis scales > automatically adjust to different data within t...

Outbox Sending Automatic
I have a rule set when I receive messages to forward to 2 email accounts. At one point the mail would go into the outbox and I would have time to check it and delete any emails before the tool actually sent it, but now when I receive email and it goes into the outbox, it automatically sends. How can I set the time to forward the emails in the outbox? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google....

any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 ?
any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 any plug-in, or anything... nrnr wrote: > any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 > any plug-in, or anything... Somply: No, this is not possible. You could add a link to a file and then call it with the standard player. Rainald ...

how do I turn off an Automatic Scientific Format
Every Time i want to Enter some Text in to Excel it is automaticall formatted as Scientific Text .. IE: I enter in 5E1 amd Excel Automatically formats the number an displays it as 5.00E+1 (50) and so on and so on for other code further down that are 5E4, 5E5 etc ... am I able to turn off thi Automatic Scientific Function that deems my codes are Exponentia Formulas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not sure you can turn it off, but if you enter an apostraphe in front of the values it won't think they're numbers.. e.g. '5E1 alternatively, select where you a...

what plays if you click play right after start
Mostly I open up WMP and immediately click play button. WMP creates automatically a playlist and starts playing. I always wondered if it's just random songs or any kind of systematic behind the choosen songs!? I am using Win XP and WMP 11. besides...I am really a fan of not having to choose what I like to hear, maybe anyone has also tips for creating never-ending playlists that automatically refer to a mood or last song(s) :) On my system, immediately clicking Play after WMP startup starts playing the Last Played playlist. This playlist contains the same items as the ...

Auto-playing music during other animations
How do I play a sound file automatically from the beginning of one slide, but also run a sequence of other animations during the song without having to wait for the song to end? Setting the other animations to "start with previous" and delaying each one a few more seconds than the last is tedious and takes forever. I wish I could play the song independently from my long custom animation list so I can use the "start after previous" button for my animations and make my life easier. Any suggestions? The other animations should start "Vith previous" ev...

automatic office updates
Is there a way to configure a PC to receive Office Updates automatically like Windows Update? Thanks. Jeff Via MicrosoftUpdate as apposed to windowsupdate, and then configuring how you update. eg automatic or download and notify "J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message news:456db17c$0$81355$ae4e5890@news.nationwide.net... > Is there a way to configure a PC to receive Office Updates automatically > like Windows Update? > > Thanks. > > > Jeff > > Yes. Microsoft updates does this. What version of Office do you use? -- Diane...

Any methods of automatically detaching attachments?
When I was working for IBM, we used Lotus Notes for e-mail. there was a utility that was written internally that would process all the Inbox mail and do the following: - Detach an attached file (or files) from the note - Create a note in a local database with the files attached - delete the files from the note - insert a link to the new document that would load it and allow you to view/use the attached files. Is there anything available for Outlook 2002/Exchange 5.5? We are a relatively small (~100 mailboxes) non-profit Hospice, so it needs to be relatively inexpensive. The target audience w...

media play 11 plays .avi files but no picture, just sound
hi i have windows xp profession version 2002 - service pack 3 media palyer 11 .0.5721.5268 when i now to to play 'movie' files through media player the sound works but not the picture (screen is black) i can play the files with Quicktime okay i have tried wmv and avi files and both the same result can anyone help me pls thx i have the same problem.......grrrr pls help "Rea1356" wrote: > hi > i have windows xp profession version 2002 - service pack 3 > > media palyer 11 .0.5721.5268 > > when i now to to play 'movie&#...