notes printing

I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after
training.
There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space
unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and
easier to read

afd

0
afdmello

See if this help:
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"afdmello" wrote:

> I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after
> training.
> There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space
> unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and
> easier to read
>
> afd
>

> .

John,

I tried to use your idea and check out. In word there is the option of
number of pages per sheet. However, in pptx there is no option that I can
see for number of pages per sheet.
Any ideas as to why??
"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
> See if this help:
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>

> "afdmello" wrote:
>
>> I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after
>> training.
>> There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space
>> unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger
>> and
>> easier to read
>>
>> afd
>>

>> .

0
afdmello
5/4/2010 4:56:05 PM
That is because you are looking at the printing of "Notes Pages". Johns
tutorial is making reference to "Handouts" If Handouts are selected, you
have the option to select up to 9 slides per page.

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> I tried to use your idea and check out. In word there is the option of
> number of pages per sheet. However, in pptx there is no option that I can
> see for number of pages per sheet.
> Any ideas as to why??
> "John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
>> See if this help:
>> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html
>> --
>> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>>
>> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
>> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>>

>> "afdmello" wrote:
>>
>>> I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after
>>> training.
>>> There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space
>>> unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger
>>> and
>>> easier to read
>>>
>>> afd
>>>

>>> .

0
Michael
5/4/2010 7:18:35 PM
In article <uAdSzq66KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Afdmello wrote:
> John,
>
> I tried to use your idea and check out. In word there is the option of
> number of pages per sheet. However, in pptx there is no option that I can
> see for number of pages per sheet.
> Any ideas as to why??

Because PowerPoint doesn't have any such option.  As John's tutorial points
out, you need to use the multiple pages per sheet option in your printer
properties dialog box.  IF your printer supports this feature.  It may not.

Alternatively, publish to PDF then use Acrobat Reader's multiple pages per
sheet option when printing the PDF

> "John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
> > See if this help:
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html
> > --
> > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> >
> > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
> >

> > "afdmello" wrote:
> >
> >> I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after
> >> training.
> >> There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space
> >> unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger
> >> and
> >> easier to read
> >>
> >> afd
> >>

> >> .

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Combining multiple pages and printing multiple copies
I'm trying to print 2 8 1/2 x 11 pages on one 11 x 17 piece of paper and print more than one copy of the combined pages. It will work todo one print but when more than one copy is chosen it goes back to multiple copies of one page. Is there a fix for this? I do not want to use the 11 x 17 as the original page size because this also has to go as an electronic publication and I want them to see only one page at a time electronically. Create a new publication, paste the pages, print. You don't have to save the publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kylexija...

Printing the Portfolio
Is anyone having trouble printing the Portfolio? Have you found an answer? In microsoft.public.money, Just me wrote: >Is anyone having trouble printing the Portfolio? Maybe you? > Have >you found an answer? Have you tried File->Print? Thanks for the most informative and revealing answer. It would appear to most any smart fellow like you that the question would not have been asked if there was not a problem. You appear so brilliant that maybe you have an answer. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Just me wrote: > >>Is anyone havin...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

how can I reduce the number of pages needed to print a document
I am new to Word(previously used Word Perfect). WP had a feature called "make it fit" which allowed you to take let's say a 3 page document and put in the command reduce to 2 pages. It would automatically change the type size and/or margins as needed so that you now had a 2 page document ready to print. Does Word have an equivalent feature? Thanks for any help. Yes, but see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "KJHarris" <KJHarr...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

printing checks #7
Money and many other programs print checks if you have ordered pre printed checks with the account and aba info on the paper. I want to print checks from scratch, entering my own aba/account info and creating my own check numbers. Does Microsoft or anyone else have a program that lets you print your entire check on your own? I also don't get heavy into online banking yet although I have paid some bills online. I haven't seen a program that lets you print your entire check yet. I guess I could build my own template in Excel or something. find at discount at local compute...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

Printing a form on a tabcontrol
Hi there My database includes a main form and a tab control which is comprised of forms on each page. I have linked the Master Fields of the main form is Student ID and the StudentID_FK. When I created all the forms, I was able to print a selected record. I have a button that will print a record if I choose a selected record. When I try to print from the tab control, it only prints the main form and not the information on the subform. How do I get it to print the subform infomraiton. Thank you in advance for your help. forest8, Sounds like you are tryin...

Excel 97 Print formatting
Situation: Mixed bag of OS's with same install of Excel 97. Multiple users share accounting workbooks. They print to HP 4 Plus printer via W2K Print Server. Most recent print drivers for all OS's installed on Print Server XP Pro Box with Excel 97 W2K Box with Excel 97 98 Box with Excel 97 Problems: 1) XP Box Print jobs are much slower than 98 or W2K. I checked all the spool settings and all the same 2) Excel Workbook created on 98 box. XP Pro box user opens workbook and the print formatting is different. E.g. 8 pages on 98, 10 pages on XP. I have been pulling my hair out...

selection in Print dialog not available
Had been using Work 2003 and just started using Work 2010 trial version which seems to have removed the option of printing a selection from the print dialog On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 04:06:02 -0800, Anneen <Anneen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Had been using Work 2003 and just started using Work 2010 trial version which >seems to have removed the option of printing a selection from the print dialog You haven't spent enough time exploring. :-) If you go to File > Print (or press Ctrl+P), the first item under the Settings heading defaults to Print All Pages. Cli...

Can Serial Numbers Print on Receipts?
Can Serial Numbers Print on Receipts? Is there a way of doing this? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance Sid Yes you can :), if you use Microsoft Dynamics POS. POS v3 (beta) already shows Serial numbers for serial items in receipts and on transaction pane. If your version does not show serial numbers, try the following , First of all I assume you are familiar with Receipt xml definitions and you know how to create custom receipts, If you create a custom receipt using the default 40 column receipt xml shipped with MS POS, You will find <SUB name="PrintTransactionDetails"> ...

security issue in notes
we are facing a security issue with notes in MSCRM 3.0 I want some users to be banned from the entity account e.g. So I set a security that they can only see their own accounts (user level) Now I want them to be able to access all contacts. So I set a security so they have full access on contacts. For the notes, I need to give them access to notes so they can attach docs and view all notes on all contacts. Now if this user has advanced find privileges, he will be able to query the notes of ALL accounts in the advanced finds. Anyone experienced this before? any way to restrict that acc...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Printing options
Hey all I want to type text in cells next to information that would be on a seperate page if printed. Is there any way to format the worksheet to NOT PRINT that page? I know you can just tell it not to (page range select) when you go to print, but the people this is for may not know. Thanks in advance -Hill Hi have a look at 'File - Printarea' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris wrote: > Hey all, > > I want to type text in cells next to information that would be on a > seperate page if printed. Is there any way to format the worksheet to > NOT PRINT tha...

Access 2007 Note table in date order, note form is not. What can I
-- Rachel Rollins Rachel, The first thing you can is learn to use this big white sapce to post your question. My Subject Line got cut off and I almost missed the question. No answer your question... Use a query based on your table as a RecordSource for your form. (Table order is irrelevant to the form otherwise.) In that query you can set the Sort Order of the records to be by the date field. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Rach...

WRAP RPW TEXT PRINTING
HOW CAN I WRAP TEXT FOR COMPLETE ROW >-----Original Message----- >HOW CAN I WRAP TEXT FOR COMPLETE ROW >. >Select all the columns you want to include in your row. On your tool bar, click on Format, Cells, Alignment. Under Text Control, check off Wrap Text and Merge Cells. When you enter row of text that is longer than your merged cells, the text will wrap around to the next line. ...

Fixed printing page breaks
Hello I am trying to set fixed page breaks (excel 97) I have set the print area (3 pages) I have set the fitting (3 pages) I have put pages breaks (2) The printing is fine on my printer but it changes the page breaks when printed from other printers (ie: start of page 2 appear at the bottom of page 1) please help, I am dying... thanks ben When you set the print to fit option it calculates the reduction in page size. Change your selection after your print to fit back to the "adjust to" option and you page breaks will work. Lance >-----Original Message----- >Hello &...

Receipt Print
Hi All, I need some code examples for printing Receipt using Custom POS button (vb.net) to a Epson\Star printer using both windows and OPOS driver. Currently I'm using the PrintNormal method and some ESC sequences.Its printing correctly with OPOS driver Epson printer.But for Star printer there are alignment isssues. And its not working with windows driver. Is there any other method I can use ? thanks ...

add note to body or notes
Outlook 2003 SP1 Hi, The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field. '----------------- Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click() On Error Resume Next Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body End Sub '----------------- My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field? Thanks, Joel Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the s...

CRM Notes Error # 2...........
Here is the second error in Event Log................. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 11:49:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line...

Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit?
I just tried to save my document in a note, but it copied just a part of the document. Tried many times, but cant paste the whole document in it. It is just a 3 page word text. Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit? or am I doing something the wrong way? I'm not sure where the limit is on notes, but I'm having a hard time understanding why you would want to paste a 3-page Word document into that tiny yellow square. What is it that you're trying to accomplish? Maybe we can figure out a better way to do it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower h...

PowerPoint Notes
How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some slides where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size Hi Mike Where are you viewing the notes? Notes Page?? In Presenter view?? Which version of PowerPoint? John "Mike_I" <Mike_I@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74CD8892-D1DF-47A3-9E8D-45508BD78FD3@microsoft.com... > How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some > slides > where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size > > _________...