No slideshow view for this presentation

Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error

no slide show view for this presentation

on the line of code

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (2)

it has only just started to do this and was working fine before this

anybody know why this is happening?

thanks

Nick
0
Nickooo87

On 1/20/10 9:04 AM, in article
a196664b-c1e6-487a-8806-9c650237fcbc@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com,
"Nickooo87" <mmmm_superman87@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error
>
> no slide show view for this presentation
>
> on the line of code
>
> ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (2)
>
> it has only just started to do this and was working fine before this
>
> anybody know why this is happening?
>
> thanks
>
> Nick

Are you running this code in SlideShow view or Normal/Edit view? I think
that code will only run in SlideShow view.
--David
--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

0
David
1/20/2010 2:22:54 PM
On Jan 20, 2:22=A0pm, David Marcovitz <marconos...@loyola.edu> wrote:
> On 1/20/10 9:04 AM, in article
> a196664b-c1e6-487a-8806-9c650237f...@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com,
>

> "Nickooo87" <mmmm_superma...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error
>
> > no slide show view for this presentation
>
> > on the line of code
>
> > ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (2)
>
> > it has only just started to do this and was working fine before this
>
> > anybody know why this is happening?
>
> > thanks
>
> > Nick
>
> Are you running this code in SlideShow view or Normal/Edit view? I think
> that code will only run in SlideShow view.
> --David
> --
> David M. Marcovitz
> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_http://www.PowerfulPowerPoin=
t.com/
> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

You are correct, it works fine in slideshow view, thanks David!

Just wondering, do you know anything that could help with my other
post that a made below this one?

thanks

Nick
0
Nickooo87

Open presentation in slideshow view, from Access via VBA
I've got an Access application I'm developing to control a Powerpoint presentation. I've figured out how to open PPT, select a presentation, and view that presentation in design view, but have not figured out how to switch the view to SlideShow. Assuming I have application (oPPT) and presentation (oPres) objects, what VBA do I need to change the view of PPT from design view to slideshow view. ---- Dale Hi dale Does oPres.SlideShowSettings.Run do it? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerp...

Master Page Elements Missing when Viewing Web Preview
Running Publisher 2k3 on XP SP2 (2 pro, 1 home). I've set up a master page for a website and have applied the master to the web pages. I can see the master elements on each of the pages (and when I click get the callout telling me to CTRL+M to see the master view), so I know the master's been applied. However, when I select to preview the page in my web browser, none of the elements appear. I've scoured help, but it seems to be geared more for the presentation folk vs. the web folk. Any suggestions? Nevermind, I just stumbled upon the community discussion group and foun...

OL2000 detail view
how do you get the Properties on an email message in OL2000? In OL Express all you have to do is open the message and File/Properties and use the detail tab,, in OL2000 there is only a General tab. what am I missing? TIA, Joe To get the Header information rightclick the message in the message list and choose Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joe" <none@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23uF%23ZaCwEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

View Marketing list for Campaign Activity
Hi, In crm you cannot see the marketing list used on a campaign activity. You can only see the MLs used for the whole campaign. But crm keeps the relation in the campaignactivityitem entity which is apparantly a hidden entity in between campaign activity and marketing list. Is there a way to visualise that relationship? It would be nice to have a 'Marketing lists' nav item on the left in Campaign activiy. Viewing all the activities for a ML is not needed. Kind Regards, Philippe ...

View only access
Is it possible to grant view only access to Great Plains? I'd like some users to be able to do inquiries and drill down and view data, but not be able to modify anything. Is this possible? or do I need to take away forms and only grant them access to smart lists? Thanks. You could give them access to just the inquiry module, and then deny access to the corresponding maintenance windows associated with each inquiry through advanced security. Eventually, even though you just give them access just to the inquiry option they can get to maintenance windows through drilling down. This ...

Any idea how to delete a custom portfolio view???
Anytime I select a custom portfolio view within Money 06 Deluxe Trial, it crashes Money and I have to reinstall (and not select that particular view) in order to use the Portfolio Manager function w/in Money. Money '05 Deluxe did the same thing, hence my "upgrade" to '06 Deluxe Trial. In what I thought was more than a strange coincidence, the same thing happened when I used Money online through MSN. It crashed Internet Explorer and now if I select Portfolio online, Internet Explorer must close. Any potential solutions other than deleting the view are most welcome. Thanks...

How do you do make a slideshow?
I wish to know how to make a slideshow on microsoft publisher? Publisher is a desktop publishing program, how would you implement a slideshow on paper?...or what do you mean exactly. "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC503EE6-45F2-4DBA-9C43-5E24C799FA00@microsoft.com... |I wish to know how to make a slideshow on microsoft publisher? | Jack <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish to know how to make a slideshow on microsoft publisher? You don't you use PowerPoint, as it was specifically desig...

Unviewable View
Greetings! I've created a view in the CRM database through SQL Server Management Studio that is viewable to me. but not to anyone else, including people. This also applies to any non-Filtered table. Can anyone suggest a reason for this? This will be a permissions issue. You need to ensure that the CRM Security Groups (SQLAccessGroup etc) have access. Note that in general creating additional objects in the CRM database is unsupported - in general you should create your objects (eg views etc) in a separate database. Regards, Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com ...

Outline View Deletes Level 4
I am using Word 2007 on Parallels v.4 Windows XP and Leopard OSX. I have several collections of notes for law school that are 100+ pages, each of which is formatted with styles, using built in Headings 1-8. I have a TOC at the top that I have been using to navigate, but recently as I started reviewing wanted to use Outline view and Doc Map. I know that Doc Map has bugs, so I have been very careful to save a new copy when playing around with that. I also found the workarounds on this site very useful. Recently I have had some trouble with Outline View as well. For inst...

How to handle context menu in tree view
Hi, for some reason I cannot handle context menu in handler for WM_CONTEXTMENU message. Actually, code executes when I double right click the mouse. This problem only appears in CListView and view derived from it. So I decided to handle NM_RCLICK notification but NMHDR structure is of no help as it doesn't show coordinates where the click occured. But I solved that problem. My question is why I can't handle WM_CONTEXTMENU message with just one right click? natko >for some reason I cannot handle context menu in handler for WM_CONTEXTMENU >message. Actually, code executes whe...

View Outlook Appointments Within MS Access
Hi I am trying to use automation to link appointments within an MS Outlook Public Folders Calendar and an MS Access Application. I have successfully modified existing code to ADD and Delete the appointments to the Public Folder Calendar and this works well. However, I need to view individual appointments based on a unique ID that is stored in the BillingInformation field when an appointment is added. This is so that the data in access that relates to a job record can be updated if someone changes the date/time/engineer etc from within MS Outlook. The fields I need to view are Date, Time, ...

Outlook 2003, View
In Outlook 2003 I click View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views. In the Custom View Organizer higlight IMAP Messages, click Modify, make changes, click OK to close the 'Customize View: IMAP Messages' window, and click Apply View in the Custom View Organizer window. When I view another IMAP mail folder, I have to go through the same steps again and again. The view for all mail folders show IMAP Messages, but the set view is not taking affect. Is this a bug in Outlook 2003? I am trying to set all the IMAP mail folders to a particular view that I like to use, but it seems like...

Line graph not visible in slideshow
Using Powerpoint 2010 beta, when I put in an xy line graph in a slide; the line series is not visible when I run the slideshow. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't recall seeing any reports of that during the beta, but I know I wasn't aware of all bugs. I can't repro it here on the RTM version. But I don't know what exactly you mean by "xy line graph," so maybe I'm not looking at the right thing. Is it an XY Scatter Plot where you've added lines to the data markers, or does it just mean you selected an XY Scatter with Line option when yo...

Viewing colors screwed up
Hi all... I have a weird one. In the Office 2000 pro version of Publisher (2000 Sp-3), upon startup of the program, the paper is not white but rather blue. The backdrop is a hideous purple. When I look at the color schemes they are all mixtures of these two colors. In other words I cannot reset to standard colors. The documents print out perfectly, however I am unable to view them. Have done the detect and repair step to no avail. Have not uninstalled and reinstalled as I would have to do the entire disk 2 to accomplish this. Any thoughts? Gary After managing to set up OE-Q...

Allow to View all Acounts when entering PO line item detail
When entering non-inventoried accounts on a PO line, the default is to View the Purchasing accounts by Vendor rather than View All accounts. Allow a setup to default either option so user does not have to change the sort with every entry ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Better Queue View?
Does anyone have any suggestions for creating a view where I can see other user's In Progress and Assigned Queue items? I'm currently using a 3rd-Party add-on that sucks (I won't name it here). And why didn't MS make it a configurable item in the default Queue view? I guess that would have made to much sense. Thanks in advance. Tony ...

Doc View again
I have a Doc/View application. I have many of CView class types. CScreenView, CAutomationView and CNetworkView (each of them belongs to other DocTemplate). My problem is that when I show each view I hide all others view using: ((CMDIChildWnd*)pView->GetParentFrame())->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) My problem is that sometimes when I close the ScreenView the AutomationView is suddenly shown (looks like it is underneath it). The big problem is that it happens only when the ScreenView is maimize, cause when I restore it, I C nothing beneath the ScreenView (thats the way it shou...

outlook 2007 calendar week view
Hi, I am using mostly the calendar in week view, settings 1 week mo-su workday 8am till 10 pm, time scale 60 min which (almost) gives me a full view of my week. Although I like the improvements to outlook, what unbelievably irrates me is the fact that when move back and forth to this view it always shows (scrolls) to 2am as a starting time (I am not a morning person, and I will in 99.99999% of the cases have nothing going on before 7am so all what comes earlier is completely useless to me. Is there anyway to changes this so I can see all till midnight (I do stuff late evening) without...

Outlook Email Message View..
Is there a zoom option to read email that has been sent in a small font? Use Microsoft word as your default email editor. Newer versions out look support this. Then you can use word to enlarge the font. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a zoom option to read email that has been sent in >a small font? >. > ...

Edit View Problem
My form called "Jobs" has a Combo box that shows me my client list (from my table "Clients"), I choose which client this job is for. The Client ID (PR) is stored in my "Jobs" table but not the Client Name. When I open my "Jobs" form in add view I see the Client Name but in "Edit" view I see just the ID. I need to see the client Name instead. how do I do this. Thanks for your help, in advance. Added info, sorry. I use 2 forms based from the same table "Jobs". When I add jobs I use my form "New Jobs" and when I edit ...

Navigation view
I have a few views of my calendar, some I have created in the navigation pane-current view. Is there a way to order them, as I have a "TV" view at the top of the list and I wish to move it to the bottom of the list? I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks Shane No. They are ordered by if they apply to this folder only or all folders and by name. if it's the only "This folder" view, you can copy it as a for all folders view and it should move lower. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/custom_views.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2...

view by name
Hello, I have a customer that manages someone else's mailbox. We have it mapped in her outlook as another mailbox in her profile and she has full rights to it. She needed to find a particular email that was sent to someone so she went to the sent items and viewed by "To" and typed in the person's name. There should have been 2 messages that came up as there were 2 that were sent to that person that day but only one shows up. If I view by date, then the other one shows up. Now this happens occassionanly, not just this time. Most of the time if she view's by "to" ...

Cannot view objects (oval, rectangle) after saving file
I am having a major problem with drawing objects such as an oval, rectangle, line, etc. When I create a new document, I can see the objects as I am drawing them. However, after I save the file, close it, and then re-open it later, the objects are there -- I just cannot see any of them! This is so frustrating! I am using MS Publisher 2002 and have updated to the Office Service Pack 3. Please help! I also forgot to mention that I am able to print the file correctly. The autoshapes show on the page, but they do not show on the screen. The line color does not take whatever color I set it ...

Print view by date
I am a teacher and am required to keep handwritten attendance and grad registers for each of my classes so to save time I use excel t generate a table with names and dates that I can print out and writ on. I have a worksheet with names down the side and dates across the to for each class and on one piece of paper I can manage to fit about 2 columns (and so this sheet is useful for about 20 lessons). After have filled the sheet I have to go back to excel, hide some columns re-set the print area and print off a new copy. Would it be possible to automate this process so that I can print off ...

Word View
Normally when i open i word document the view i get is the print layout which is also what i desire. On the contrary when i open a word document that i have attached on an appointment in the calendar(Outlook 2003) the view i get upon opening is the reading layout. Why is that? How i can change that so that every time i open this attached word document the layout i get is the print layout, as it normally happens. In Word, Tools, Options, UNcheck "Reading Layout". JIMPAP wrote: > Normally when i open i word document the view i get is the print layout which > is...