Music files using "Package for CD" Option in Powerpoint

I am trying to burn my show onto a disk, and the show has songs linked to it.

I know the songs are not embedded into the show, so I was looking for a
solution for this.  I saw the "package for CD" option in the menu and
according to that, it is supposed to take your show, and all linked files and
burn it onto a disk to be played back using powerpoint viewer.  I made sure
the box was checked to include linked files.  After the disk burned, no music.

I tried putting all the music and show in one folder and then running the
package for cd tool, still no music.

Is there some special hidden trick to get my music to work? What am I doing
wrong?

System info: XP Media edition service pack 3
Powerpoint 2010

Thanks!

Package for CD in 2010 works differently than in previous versions. In fact,
it will embed your audio by default. Did you create the file in 2010 as well
as do the Package for CD thing in it? If you created the file in 2010, did
you tell PPT to link the sounds? If you didn't, then they're embedded, and
they will not play in the 2007 Viewer, which is what the 2010 Package for CD
splash page points to (which is stupid, but MS is sometimes stupid). (In
this case, I'm sure it's because the 2010 Viewer, which supports the new
embedded audio and video, isn't released yet. But it's still irritating!)

So, when you insert the sounds, you must tell PPT to link them. Choose
Insert | Audio, and then choose the sound. Click the arrow next to the
Insert button and choose Link to File instead of just clicking Insert as you
normally would.

Now the package for CD process should give you sound files and they should
play in the Viewer.

"jedi exile" <jedi exile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to burn my show onto a disk, and the show has songs linked to
> it.
>
> I know the songs are not embedded into the show, so I was looking for a
> solution for this.  I saw the "package for CD" option in the menu and
> according to that, it is supposed to take your show, and all linked files
> and
> burn it onto a disk to be played back using powerpoint viewer.  I made
> sure
> the box was checked to include linked files.  After the disk burned, no
> music.
>
> I tried putting all the music and show in one folder and then running the
> package for cd tool, still no music.
>
> Is there some special hidden trick to get my music to work? What am I
> doing
> wrong?
>
> System info: XP Media edition service pack 3
> Powerpoint 2010
>
> Thanks!

0
Echo

Music files using "Package for CD" Option in Powerpoint
I am trying to burn my show onto a disk, and the show has songs linked to it. I know the songs are not embedded into the show, so I was looking for a solution for this. I saw the "package for CD" option in the menu and according to that, it is supposed to take your show, and all linked files and burn it onto a disk to be played back using powerpoint viewer. I made sure the box was checked to include linked files. After the disk burned, no music. I tried putting all the music and show in one folder and then running the package for cd tool, still no music. Is ther...

"Package for CD" missing
Hi everybody, I have PPT 2007 (Office Professional Plus) on a Windows XP (v2002, SP3) machine. The problem is: the menu does not have the "Package for CD" icon! It's ust not there. So far I tried: 1) "Repair" using the installation CD 2) Remove PPT and install again 3) Looked for the command with "Customize" and put it into QuickStart. The icon is grayed out 4) Installed all current updates 5) Checked MS help site but my files is not read-only, not marked as finisched/completed, not in a network environment nor accessed by others simultane...

PowerPoint 2007
"Package for CD" option missing from menu. I have found the QuickLauch shortcut for the process, but it is disabled on the quicklauch toolbar. I have done a repair of the installation and still do not have the option available. Suggestions, PLEASE!!!! You will find it by clicking on the Microsoft Office button, and the click on Publish it is the first item. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "elisart" <elisart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E159523-4C5A-406B-9A65-E8A68291A3DA@microsoft.com... > "Package f...

PPT 2003 package for cd not working properly
I have a ppt presentation i am trying to package for cd distribution. It contains hyperlinks to word, excel, and ppt files. I select Package for CD and specify "Copy to Folder" Everything seems to go ok but when i go to the folder and run the Play.bat file, some information is missing. Some text boxes are simply not there, graphics are there but the hyperlink area is so tiny you almost can't even click on it. Does anyone know why this would happen? ...