Keep Source Formatting

I know this topic's been raised before, but it doesn't seem like it's been
recently addressed.  Has Microsoft fixed their bug in which ppt allows us to
make 'keep source formatting' our default?  Any info would be great.

Thanks

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Column format to override row fomat in FrX
In FrX the row format overrides the column format for font styles eg. bold etc. it would be useful if it was possible to have the option for the column format to override the row fomat ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

Conditional Formatting #43
Looks easy doesn't it? Hah! Any instructions as to how I can do the following: Column M cells are already formatted to show the date as (in the cas of M2 for example) =A2+28 (so, 28 days after the date that is entere into A2). I want the date that is calculated & shown in M2 to turn re 7 days before that date. If the date in A2 is 01/06/04 then M2 wil read 29/06/04 but I want it to turn red on 22/06/04 (I use dd/mm/yy a I'm in Europe) and then I want it to turn bold red two days before th date - in this example 27/06/04. I also need a similar effect to make the date generated in co...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Offset in Conditional Formatting?
I have the following formula to check for a condition: =IF(CB3="Reg",MOD(CA3-BZ3,1)>TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB4="Reg",MOD(CA4-BZ4,1)>TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB5="Reg",MOD(CA5-BZ5,1)>TIME(0,$AG$39,0)))) Essentialy what it does is check if a value (Reg) is present in one of 3 sequential rows and if so calculates if the time difference between two related values in the same row are greater than a predetermined number. If TRUE then the cell is formatted. The formula works fine for a single cell but when I use the Applies To field in CF and highlight th...

Returning a lookup value from multiple sources
I have 4 worksheets - WIP, Orders, Invoicing, Costs. In the WIP sheet, I summarise data from Invoicing & Costs by Orde number. Some of the Orders will be invoiced, some have costs, som both. Some order numbers will appear more than once in each sheet, som not in either. Summarising the data is easy, once I have each order using SUMIF, bu how do I get the unique order numbers from the other sheets into th WIP sheet in the first place?? This is driving me mad!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I assume that your 'Orders' sheet should store all order numbers....

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Folder format doesn't "stick"
As you know, there are a number of formatting options for folders. Among these are the names of column headings, the order of the column headings, and the view (large, details, etc.). My problem is that after setting up the options the way I want them, they change upon the next startup of the computer - that is, they don't stay the way I set them. I have "Remember each folder's view settings" checked in Tools>Folder Options>View. Is there a fix for this? It's very annoying. Thanks, Roy Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Formatting Date in Header or Footer
How can I change the default date format (8/18/2004) in the header/footer to a different date format (18-Sep-04)? Is there a way without using VBA? Thanks Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Emile Zac" <emilezac@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u16wacYhEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I change the default date format (8/18/2004) in the header/footer to > a different date format (18-Sep-04)? Is there a way without using VBA? > > Thanks > > ...

Conditional Format #4
Hi, I've got some conditional formatting in some columns but not others. When I enter data in a row moving from one column to the next and I get to a column with no CF, Excel copies accros the CF from the previous column. Is this a 'Helpful' idea by Excel and if so can I turn it off? If it's not does anyone know how I can fix the columns with no conidtion to stay with the original formatting? Thanks Ian Try this: <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, And *UNCHECK* "Extend list formats and formulas". -- HTH, RD ===============================...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry
Hi everyone, I would like to use conditional formatting on a table that is 8 columns wide and 50 rows high. What I would like to do is colour all rows that have an X in column D or E. This is what I tried The formula is =A1="x" This colours only the cells where there is an X. What I would like is the entire row or rows to be coloured. Thanks for your efforts Gilles Try setting to The formula is =OR($D1="X",$E1="X") The mixed reference will allow you to copy this to your entire table, keeping the references fixed to column D or E of the current row. &qu...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

deposit to keep??
When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want deposit to keep and you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go? and is there a way to turn off that button? ...

How do I Import a word document to Publisher in a 5" X 7" format?
Every time I try the word portion does not scale to the smaller format. Select the text box, Format, Autofit text, best fit, paste the text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jd" <jd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A00416-CB03-452B-B1EB-D127FD37D578@microsoft.com... > Every time I try the word portion does not scale to the smaller format. ...

keep or not keep SMTP log files?
Hi, I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape media or external harddrive? Do you delete them after 6 months? Or don't keep them at all? I'm trying to get a general idea what administrators do to their smtp log files. Thanks and appreciate it. Ricky On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:01:04 -0700, Ricky T <RickyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you >keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape medi...

Keeping Outlook on top?
I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) how can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am ready to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open? Thanks for any help!! SSDD "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E96DBF0-BABB-4E5C-8734-4A5D8695A71C@microsoft.com... >I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) >how > can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am > ready > to go to my web browser and look at the page that ...

keeping cell formatting
Hello, I have formatted an excel spreadsheet (changed cell widths and height etc...) I would like to retain this formatting when i copy this spreadsheet t other sheets. How can I do this? As it is now, I have to change each cell manually each time I copy th spreadsheet template to another sheet. Thanks in advance aladdi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just experimented with this and as far as I can tell, Width is attached to the column and height attached to the row. So, if you want to copy and paste data and maitain cell width and height, you may have to select wh...