Import text into existing photo slides

I am using PowerPoint 2010 to modify an existing PowerPoint show of
300 slides with photos and notes on each one.
Is there a way to add text titles and subtitles from a Word outline
document into placeholders on each slide without affecting the
existing photos or notes?
In other words, a way import text or merge content across the whole
show other than slide-by-slide cut & paste?

Here's what I've tried so far:
A.  "Import from Outline" from Word seems to only insert new slides in
sequence but doesn't import into existing.slides.
B.   Shyam Pillai's "Transfer Title Slides" but unfortunately it only
transfers titles without subtitles.
C.  "Merge Files" has potential but can't determine how to replace
place holders with new text.

I've been using keystroke macro software as a work-around but it's
problematic.

Thank you for any suggestions!
0
Ronsky

If by "Merge Files," you mean PPTMerge, then I would email Steve Rindsberg
about it.  I'm sure there's support contact info on the site.
http://www.pptools.com/index.html

"Ronsky" <halbertproductions@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using PowerPoint 2010 to modify an existing PowerPoint show of
> 300 slides with photos and notes on each one.
> Is there a way to add text titles and subtitles from a Word outline
> document into placeholders on each slide without affecting the
> existing photos or notes?
> In other words, a way import text or merge content across the whole
> show other than slide-by-slide cut & paste?
>
> Here's what I've tried so far:
> A.  "Import from Outline" from Word seems to only insert new slides in
> sequence but doesn't import into existing.slides.
> B.   Shyam Pillai's "Transfer Title Slides" but unfortunately it only
> transfers titles without subtitles.
> C.  "Merge Files" has potential but can't determine how to replace
> place holders with new text.
>
> I've been using keystroke macro software as a work-around but it's
> problematic.
>
> Thank you for any suggestions!

0
Echo
6/2/2010 8:09:53 PM
Sorry.   I meant to say "Compare & Merge" which is back again in PPT
2010.

I've looked at PPTMerge but it doesn't seem to do what I have in mind
but I will contact Steve also.

Is there any other way to accomplish my goal described above?
0
Ronsky

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Importing Dynamic data

Capturing "text" instead of the formula
I have the following code snippet: Pass = 0 Fail = 0 For i = 9 To (ZeroRow - 3) Step 8 If Cells(i, "H").Value = Pass Then Pass = Pass + 1 Else Fail = Fail + 1 End If Next The cells I'm referring to actually have formulas in them but when you look at the worksheet the cells have either "Pass" or "Fail" in them. That's what I'm trying to capture. But when I run this code it doesn't see "Pass" in any of the cells so all of them in the for loop get assigned to Fail. I've tried putting t...

Importing a CSV file

does Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 have a slide limitation?
I am using it for verbiage only but have approximately 1,400 slides. Other than the concern of PPT failing in general, and I have backed it all up, is there a point where I will not be able to add slides? First -- ouch. I'm guessing you're using PowerPoint for documentation, not projection. Anyway, I've not aware of a limit. If there is, you could always start breaking up the slides into separate presentations then embed them as objects into a main presentation. "HipDagger" wrote: > I am using it for verbiage only but have approximately 1,400 s...

Make a complete list of words from texts in a range
Hey guys - again :) My challenge today is as follow: Sheet = "TEXT" In column A i have several celles with texts/comments - words/ sentences I want to split all the texts into singel words and make a word-list of all used words of this column A - and copy the words into a new sheet (sheet = "WORDS") column A as my complete word-list. I have no idea of how to do this. After producing this word-list I will remove the doublettes and sort it - this of course I CAN do bmy own "skills". Will anyone please help me? Kindly regards Snoopy On Fri, 27 ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email

Watermark behind text in the footer?
Hello Excel experts! I'm working on a spreadsheet of about 50 pages in Excel 2003. Ideally, the client would like each page to have a footer with a number 1, 2, 3, etc... in the bottom right hand corner...identifying his content. These are not page numbers he wants, just a simple numbering sequence. I can handle THAT part! LOL What he'd also like is a watermark type of graphic to sit *behind* each number. For example, let's say that he'd like each number super-imposed onto a maple leaf background. I've managed to get the maple leaf background (graphic) to sit on eit...

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

Removing Text Spaces
I imported an email list. The only content in a cell is the the email address followed by and space and then the recipient's name in parentheses. Each address has several spaces before it. How can I eliminate those spaces? I cannot just delete spaces, because of the space between the email address and the first parentheses and because of the space between the recipient's first and last name. =TRIM(A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u7qtqxApFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx....

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...