I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers

I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an
excel spreadsheet.  How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but
globally with these part #'s?

On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote:
> I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an
> excel spreadsheet.  How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but
> globally with these part #'s?

This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is
a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed
in the Excel table)? How are you coding skills?

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
wrote:
> I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an
> excel spreadsheet.  How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but
> globally with these part #'s?

What David said.  And if PowerPoint's involved in this in some way, it'd be
good if you'd explain more.  It's not clear from your question whether it is or
not.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Macro renaming
When creating a macro I don't always give it a descriptive name. I would like to know how to rename the macro. THanks, -- G Teachman Soil Scientist Press Alt+F8 to open the Macros dialog. Select the macro you want, and click the Edit button to open the macro editor. The first line of the macro contains its name, between the keyword "Sub" and a pair of parentheses. Change the name there, and then click the Save button. For example, to rename Macro1 as MyFirstMacro, change the line Sub Macro1() to Sub MyFirstMacro() -- Regards, Jay Freedman Micr...

Variable Range with a loop needed
Ok this is going to be long to explain. Spreed Sheet has 7 columns and an unknown amount of rows as a total so columns from A to G and Rows = unknown Colum definition A = Date B = Account # C = Type of Account D = Amount posted (on our system) E = Amount posted (on an external system) F = Date when it close G = Total now there is several different groups that use the same set up in the same sheet What I want to do is to make a macro that copy the value from E to G as follow E.value = G.Value The problem I'm having is that I do not have a specific range for each o...

max number of wrap/turns in text wrapping?
After 31 turns, the text wrapping decides not wrap any more, the last line keeps go out to the right and become hidden. Although when i click on it to enter more text, it wraps correctly but as soon as I click on somewhere else it goes back to the old state (not correct wrapping). Is there a way to make it wrap correctly or maybe there is a max number of turns a cell can support? thanks!! Have you tried using <Alt> <Enter> at appropriate places within the cell? -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all ...

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

Pictures #5
When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you can only open one at a time in photo editor. Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures in the message area and when opened I will be able to scroll down for viewing? Thank you Mary Lou mlherrick@timrongear.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you > can only open one at a time in photo editor. > > Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures > in the message area and when opened I will be able to > scroll down for v...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

how to load image dynamically in .rdlc file
Hello everybody, I have a Windows Form project in VS2008 with several reports. I would like to give an opportunity to users to load their own logo images. Is this possible to do only with external images? Can I dynamically embed images? If I try to to use an external image I do not see it in the report. My code: ReportViewer1.LocalReport.EnableExternalImages = True Dim filepath As Uri filepath = New Uri("D:\vb\SQL\images\image.bmp") Dim par1 As New ReportParameter("path", filepath.AbsolutePath) Dim par...

Exchange 5.5 problems #2
Howdy: I am running an E 5.5 server on NT4 all patched A new porblem Howdy: I am running an E5.5 server on NT4 all patched A problem has come up where all the services are running and users who are connected to the E 5.5 work correctly, however, the E5.5 suddenly becomes "lost". Users who try to open outlook get: "information store cannot be opened" Trying to Check Name on the Outlook services gets: "Name cannot be resolved" The E5.5 responds to ping Opening the MEA gets an odd error message that Micro$oft has no answer, nor can I get an answer through goog...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Error 5.5.5
Some clients email isn't allowed to come into the firms Exchane 2k spk 4 server. The error reads "Requested mail action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation". This user has a clean mailbox. and the mail doesn't come through. this happens to different account within our company. Please open up my understanding. Thank you. ...

TYPING KARAOKE PGS NEED HELP
i am trying to figure out how to type continuous pages for a karaoke catalog 3 headings song title artist disk# when i check print preview it only shows me one page i am new at this typing one handed due to a stroke but i need to also be able to add new songs and then sort them alpa then need to redo by artist the song title then disk if any one can help it would be most appreciated there is approximately 192 pgs ea book thank you so very much patti In Print preview press PgDn. Does this give he next pages? Another issue might be print area. Go to File-Print Area-Clear Print A...

Mail merge
We are attempting to create a mail merge in Publisher using data from an excel file. Several of the merge fields contain numbers which we would like to display as only two decimal places. I tried using the switch (\# $#,##0.00 ), but this didn't work in Publisher. Can anyone offer assistance? Format the fields as text... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mwiegert" <Mwiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78545D0B-F736-4488-BE97-A5739A301754@microsoft.com... > We are attempting to create a mail merge in Publisher using data from an > e...

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

Outlook 2002 error #5
Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are confirmed addresses. Thanks for the help. Do you get any error messages when trying to receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:699701c3e6c9$ec970100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming > mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are > confirmed addr...

DESPERATE HELP NEEDED
I changed my password to access Outlook folders, but my password doesn't work!!!!!!!! now i can't access anything!!! How can I retrieve & change my password? ...

RMS 2.0 #5
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! You need to call Microsoft and move the license. Use the number under the Help file in any RMS module. They should be able to help you. "Francis Reyes" wrote: > Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was > activated to back office computer instead of the ...

relay 5.5 to 5.5?
Hello, We have an Exchange 5.5 server running in a Chicago office that has ATT DSL. The server sends out mail on users behalf. ATT refuses to make DNS entry for server because "they own the IP address". As a result, some customers refuse to accept mail from the mail server because it won't resolve on a reverse DNS lookup. This office gets it's mail from us in Boston. People send email to our domain, and our Exchange server routes it to those users as they are set up as Custom Recipients. This works great. Is there any way to set up Exchange 5.5 to send mail fr...

How do I change headings (column name) from numbers to letters?
Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters. hi would be nice if we knew what version excel you are using. 2003 on the menu bar>tools>options>general tab>uncheck R1C1 reference. 2007 Office button>Excel options>formulas>uncheck R1C1 reference regards FSt1 "Marco" wrote: > Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters. Use =Text(A1,"0") to convert the number to text and copy (Ctrl+C) and paste the values (Alt, E, S, V, Enter). "0" in the formula represent...

unable to change pass in Ex 5.5
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan Didn't I answer your Tuesday's question? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/57456da2615b299e/03751d3b6b6dc287?lnk=st&q=insubject:Unbale+insubject:changing+insubject:password+insubject:from+insubject:OWA&rnum=1&hl=ru#03751d3b6b6dc287 Darshan Diora wrote: > Hi, > Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of th...

Exchange 5.5 #24
Unable to send email to a few different domains. Please advise >-----Original Message----- >Unable to send email to a few different domains. Please >advise >. > Since you said a few domains, do you have reverse dns for your mail server? Some mail server refuse mails if it is not set. Or maybe their mail server is temporary unavailable, could you check their MX record and test the connection manually ? With regards, Stefan I tried to send an email to this address alimento.augusto@libero.it and it came back with this error message "Unable to deliver the message d...

migrate 5.5 to 2003
Is necessary to install 2003 in coexistence mode to use the migration wizard to import mailboxes andpublic folders from 5.5 to a new 2003 installation ? The migration wizard can only be used when the source and destination Exchange server are in different Exchange Orgs and the migration wizard will not do public folders for you. "Miliuccio" <middiuzzo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:chrqm2$503$1@newsread.albacom.net... > Is necessary to install 2003 in coexistence mode > to use the migration wizard to import mailboxes andpublic folders from 5.5 > to a new 2003 ...

"reply to" address in Exhcange 5.5
Is there a way to set a different "reply to" address for all e-mails sent from the sending address? The goal is to have a user click on "reply" and have the e-mail routed to a different user than the one who sent the message - in this case to go to a person instead of an unmonitored box. If not, could a rule be set up to automatically forward replies to another box? Thanks, Marc marc_medina@hotmail.com ...

How can I discover who accessed Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an Outlook 2003 client. This has caused OWA to stop working. How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003 client? Regards When you look at the Logons information under the Private infomration store, it should show the last time they were accessed, and should also display which client accessed the mailbox. Outlook 2003 should show a client version of 11.0 Also, to be fair, this is a very well known issue, and the hotfix has been available for a long time. The KB article was published back ...

I need to shift cells down only to a point w/o disturbing the bot.
I have a spreadsheet in which the cells need to be moved down, however only to a point. If I move everything down it disturbs the bottom row of totals. Can anyone help me? I think you need to provide a few more details about what exactly you are trying to accomplish. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wade2753" <wade2753@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D905FEE5-2EA7-47A1-A532-4D0CA743121C@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet in which the cells need to be moved down, >however o...

Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5?
Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5? In short of making a spreadsheet of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I was hoping MS would have a list. Thanks in advance. Steve I use this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx Just put your current product and service pack level and it will answer you with the post sp KB's Hope this helps. David "steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:6c2501c42ee9$c9bed140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a definitive list of what ...