Hyperlink from word 2007 to power point 2007 (specific slide)

Hello,

I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this out so 
any advice would be helpful.

I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific power 
point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the 
hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens the 
first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all open 
the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the desktop). 
* You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen 
because it gives you an error. 

C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8. 
C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8
C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8. Award
C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint 
Title.pptx#8slidenumber,slideindex
C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8,slidenumber

All the websites i found keep saying that .pptx#8,slidenumber is the work 
around (since the bookmark button gives you the error) but this is not 
obviously not correct.

Thank you in advance for any information.


0
Utf
6/3/2010 12:44:11 PM
powerpoint 2011 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
12435 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

Look at the following:
How do I directly refer to a slide within a presentation?
http://officeone.mvps.org/ppttips/refer_to_slide_in_presentation.html

You need to find out the SlideID for your slide 8. The format is filename 
followed by # and the slide ID.

- Chirag

  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"Jack Cuthbert" <JackCuthbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:EAECFFBD-8406-4BAC-90E2-67D4DF461F81@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this out 
> so
> any advice would be helpful.
>
> I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific power
> point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the
> hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens the
> first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all 
> open
> the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the desktop).
> * You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen
> because it gives you an error.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8.
> C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8
> C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8. Award
> C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint
> Title.pptx#8slidenumber,slideindex
> C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint 
> Title.pptx#8,slidenumber
>
> All the websites i found keep saying that .pptx#8,slidenumber is the work
> around (since the bookmark button gives you the error) but this is not
> obviously not correct.
>
> Thank you in advance for any information. 

0
Chirag
6/3/2010 2:21:46 PM
I looked at 'How do I directly refer to a slide within a presentation?' and i 
saved my ppt in .html. When i go to open ppt in .html and click on different 
slides that address bar does not change at all. This is the address i see for 
every slide:
C:\Documents and Settings\D0000000\Desktop\COD Training_files\frame.html

I must be doing something wrong by opening the ppt in internet explorer.

Thanks



"Chirag" wrote:

> Look at the following:
> How do I directly refer to a slide within a presentation?
> http://officeone.mvps.org/ppttips/refer_to_slide_in_presentation.html
> 
> You need to find out the SlideID for your slide 8. The format is filename 
> followed by # and the slide ID.
> 
> - Chirag
> 
>   PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
>   http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html
> 
> "Jack Cuthbert" <JackCuthbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:EAECFFBD-8406-4BAC-90E2-67D4DF461F81@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this out 
> > so
> > any advice would be helpful.
> >
> > I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific power
> > point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the
> > hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens the
> > first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all 
> > open
> > the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the desktop).
> > * You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen
> > because it gives you an error.
> >
> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8.
> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8
> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8. Award
> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint
> > Title.pptx#8slidenumber,slideindex
> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint 
> > Title.pptx#8,slidenumber
> >
> > All the websites i found keep saying that .pptx#8,slidenumber is the work
> > around (since the bookmark button gives you the error) but this is not
> > obviously not correct.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any information. 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/3/2010 3:59:46 PM
You don't need to save the ppt in html to open it in Internet Explorer. Open 
the .ppt file directly within Internet Explorer.

If you know VBA, you can get the slide ID by simpler means like executing 
the following line of code:
ActivePresentation.Slides(8).SlideID

- Chirag

  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"Jack Cuthbert" <JackCuthbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:446F8CCF-F61A-4625-923C-4B60BE5834F3@microsoft.com...
> I looked at 'How do I directly refer to a slide within a presentation?' 
> and i
> saved my ppt in .html. When i go to open ppt in .html and click on 
> different
> slides that address bar does not change at all. This is the address i see 
> for
> every slide:
> C:\Documents and Settings\D0000000\Desktop\COD Training_files\frame.html
>
> I must be doing something wrong by opening the ppt in internet explorer.
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> "Chirag" wrote:
>
>> Look at the following:
>> How do I directly refer to a slide within a presentation?
>> http://officeone.mvps.org/ppttips/refer_to_slide_in_presentation.html
>>
>> You need to find out the SlideID for your slide 8. The format is filename
>> followed by # and the slide ID.
>>
>> - Chirag
>>
>>   PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
>>   http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html
>>
>> "Jack Cuthbert" <JackCuthbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:EAECFFBD-8406-4BAC-90E2-67D4DF461F81@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this 
>> > out
>> > so
>> > any advice would be helpful.
>> >
>> > I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific 
>> > power
>> > point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the
>> > hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens 
>> > the
>> > first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all
>> > open
>> > the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the 
>> > desktop).
>> > * You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen
>> > because it gives you an error.
>> >
>> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8.
>> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8
>> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint Title.pptx#8. 
>> > Award
>> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint
>> > Title.pptx#8slidenumber,slideindex
>> > C:\Documents and Settings\00000000\Desktop\Powerpoint
>> > Title.pptx#8,slidenumber
>> >
>> > All the websites i found keep saying that .pptx#8,slidenumber is the 
>> > work
>> > around (since the bookmark button gives you the error) but this is not
>> > obviously not correct.
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance for any information.
>>
>> .
>> 
0
Chirag
6/3/2010 6:16:58 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally
hi I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally the other word pages are vertical thank you amandio c Hi Amandio See reply in public.fr.excel Cordially Pascal "AC" <mail@amandioc.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 42883e1a$0$25089$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > hi > I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally > the other word pages are vertical > thank you > > amandio c > > ...

Using Category in outlook 2007
I have been catergorizing my emails for months. Recently, when i tried to categorize my email, an error message pops up - "the attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" Does anyone has the same problem and how to resolve it? Thanks in advance. Hard to say, but usually this error comes up when either the message itself is too big or when your mailbox is full. I'm assuming you are using an Exchange account here? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-In...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

unwanted formatting (Word 2007)
Hello, I have a template in Word 2007 that does a mailmerge with a .CSV file. The CSV file contains fields with document names (p.e. "ST 900.docx"). During the merge, the contents of these small documents is inserted. The documents are made in Courier 12. The template is also in Courier 12 and the default font in Normal.dotx is also Courier 12. After the merge, in the "output" document, the layout of the inserted text is completely messed up: in one line the font changes from Courier to Times New Roman and back and the text will be bold where it is not in the ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Exchange 2007 in child domain.
Hi I have a Win2k3 domain with a couple of child domains. The two Exchange2k3 servers are in two separate Organizations(due to a 5.5 migration) and located in the root domain. The new child domain trusts the root domain, but not vice versa. Exchange2k7 asks for access to the FSMO DC in the root domain, which it can ping but apparently not access. Furthermore i get a preinstall error that says the Exchange2k7 must be in the same site/domain as the FSMO server. I suspect that exchange needs to make some schema changes before it can be installed, but are these one time changes or pr server. Co...

Word X ALWAYS crashes!
I have had nothing but problems with Word. I am running Office 10.1.3 because I was told it was the most stable. Yesterday I removed every single trace of MS Office from my computer, using the Remove Office utility and manually removing the OfficePID and (10) Settings files. I then ran Disk Warrior on my machine. Finally I removed the Font Cache and all duplicate copies of fonts from my system. Then I reinstalled Word. Guess what? It still crashes all the time. When opening attachments (especially from Apple Mail) and documents, when saving documents, or just conveniently in the middle...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Outlook 2007 Signatures
I created an html signature with a table, style tags defining the font, and absolute paths for hyperlinked images (two images butted together on the footer in a table column so that if you click image one you go to one url and image two you go to a different url) using Textpad. I then put the .html file in the Microsoft Signatures directory and edited the text from the generic template and saved it. The images live on our web-server in a dedicated directory. If I send an email to myself with no signature and only a subject, Outlook 2007 says that the size of the resulting email is 9KB....

AD Sycnch in PS 2007
We have a PM who recently had her name changed. Our Windows Admin changed her name within AD, but when she tries to log on via Project Pro 2007 or via PWA, she gets a logon error. PWA is still trying to log her on as her on via her OLD userid. Windows authentication doesn't see the new userid. If I deactivate her, and resynch with AD, Project Server finds her name at reactivates her as it should with her new userid, but again...when trying to access PS, it seems to be looking for her previous ID. Any ideas that can help troubleshoot? Thanks -- ITPM Check on her P...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Outlooke 2003 Word 2003 Editor
Tried to reply to an e-mail, but a pop-up came up saying "...starting the Word 2003 Editor." It stayed and stayed. I finally went to Task Manager and ended the Outlook session. The same thing happened when I tried to edit an e-mail, changing it from Plain Text to Rich Text. I admit I had previously changed it to HTML and back to PT. When I tried to change it from PT to RT, it hung on the "starting the Word 2003 Editor" pop up. Help! sade Have you tried detect and repair, or, alternatively, a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

MS Word (and other apps) trigger Security Dialog in OL 2002
When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time each day, I get the security dialog "a program is trying to access your email addresses." I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor. Subsequent attempts to create, forward and reply do not trigger this dialog. Also, my phone sync program does the same thing every time. I sometimes have had the problem with activesync. Any explanations? TIA Michael The unknown Posterchild wrote: > When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time > each day, I get the security dialog "a ...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Resizing Pictures Causes Word to Jump to Beginning of Document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello - after I paste a picture and then change the text layout to &quot;tight&quot; Word typically jumps to the beginning of the document, sometimes taking the picture with it, sometime just putting the cursor up there. Any help on how this might be fixed would be appreciated. Go to Word>Preferences>View and turn on "Object Anchors" so you can see what you are doing. Then click the picture, and an Anchor symbol ⚓ will appear somewhere on the page where you pasted the picture. ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Reverse Engineer from Visio 2007 then got Visual Studio 2003 encou
Ciao , Whenever I try to convert my VC++ project source code to UML digram by clicking Project -> Visio UML -> Reverse Engineer menu, I get the same result -- the Visual Studio 2003 encounters runtime error and needs to be closed. I'm using following configration Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Version 7.1.3052 with Net framework 1.1 version 1.1.4322 SP1 Visio 2007 Trial (12.0.4518.1014). Microsoft Office 2003 (11.5604.6558) Windows XP Professional ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Please advise. Yogesh Kumar Dhiman Engineer (OSS R&D Team) XIU...

Numbers to Words
Hi All, I'm looking for a macro/VB script for expressing an amount in pesos in words, in Spanish - anyone got a script kicking about? Thanks, Thomas. If you get no better offer, perhaps you could modify the routine at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 with numbers translated at http://ets.freetranslation.com/ which for one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fouteen fifteen million thousand gives un dos tres cuatro cinco seis siete ocho nueve diez once doce trece fouteen quince millones mil etc. Hope this helps -- t_...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

cannot SEE the pictures or word art in a publication
But when the publication is printed they show up on the page. Any suggestions to be able to view these items while working in Publisher? View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Treeshaker" <Treeshaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DD1F960-4542-4809-A85E-1C51D655B062@microsoft.com... > But when the publication is printed they show up on the page. Any suggestions > to be able to view these items while working in Publisher? ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...